Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I normally only play action games, so I'm not sure why I bought a JRPG or why I'm enjoying it as much as I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

The Command & Conquer games still have the best FMVs.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Saw on Reddit

Teenage hacker jailed for masterminding attacks on Sony and Microsoft

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/apr/25/teenage-hacker-adam-mudd-jailed-masterminding-attacks-sony-microsoft?CMP=twt_gu

Tl;Dr: He wrote a DDoS script called Titanium Stresser, which was sold to attackers. He's being charged with money laundering and computer misuse.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I guess we'll never see Snatcher being brought to a more modern platform.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Musou Stars got a patch and I thought maybe it would make the game not bad but it is still bad. Maybe being bad is not something you can patch out of a game.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
That's a real shame.
Musou Stars sounded like a game I would really enjoy.
What's bad about it? Short stages? not enough different move sets?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sefal posted:

That's a real shame.
Musou Stars sounded like a game I would really enjoy.
What's bad about it? Short stages? not enough different move sets?
Well, what I hoped the patch would fix is a constantly stuttering frame rate like what turned me off of Zelda Musou. That's kind of a killer for me, and I didn't expect it to appear on the PS4, since Berserk was fine. But besides that it's just not as interesting a world as Orochi, it seems to have a whole lot of unnecessary stuff, it doesn't seem to have that many characters and even fewer I care about, and lower difficulty than usual other than a billion "rescue these two allies on the opposite side of the map at the same time" scenarios, but without the ability to send your partner off to take care of it like in Samurai 4.

Also furries. Furries everywhere.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Apr 26, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You Am I posted:

Sorry Konami released their one game for this year

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

You Am I posted:

Hah, no way in hell.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, what I hoped the patch would fix is a constantly stuttering frame rate like what turned me off of Zelda Musou. That's kind of a killer for me, and I didn't expect it to appear on the PS4, since Berserk was fine. But besides that it's just not as interesting a world as Orochi, it seems to have a whole lot of unnecessary stuff, it doesn't seem to have that many characters and even fewer I care about, and lower difficulty than usual other than a billion "rescue these two allies on the opposite side of the map at the same time" scenarios, but without the ability to send your partner off to take care of it like in Samurai 4.

Also furries. Furries everywhere.

Leading with, "I was turned off by the best example of this genre," makes me sceptical of your opinions.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

You Am I posted:

On the plus side it's super easy to play it on a 3DS or PSP/Vita.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Sorry Konami released their one game for this year

Also any interest in further game development will go right out the window if they can turn a regular profit off Metal Gear Survive.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I forgot that game existed lol

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

I think Konami has also forgotten it

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

quote:

Following the evacuation of Big Boss and Kazuhira Miller from the besieged Mother Base, a wormhole opens in the sky and absorbs the offshore plant as well the remaining Militaires Sans Frontières soldiers. The soldiers are transported to an alternate reality along with the remains of Mother Base, to find the world full of hostile, crystalline zombie-like entities known as "creatures".[1] Their goal is to find materials and do anything they can to go back to their own world.

:psyduck:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Sefal posted:

I think Konami has also forgotten it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Translation; We want to re-use assets to make a zombie horde shooter with the Metal Gear branding, that we can nickel-and-dime people off of for the foreseeable future :homebrew:.

poo poo, they aren't biting. uh... What else do we have?... Bomberman?...

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Wendell posted:

Leading with, "I was turned off by the best example of this genre," makes me sceptical of your opinions.
Was it patched later to make basic things like your characters' attack animations easier to follow visually? I was having serious problems during the brief time I owned it.

Maybe I'll try it again someday if the price of WiiU games ever goes down. The good ones are almost all still full price here.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Apr 26, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The 3DS version is better in every way apart from graphics. Unless you have an old 3DS anyway.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dragon quest heroes 2 is really good

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

The 3DS version is better in every way apart from graphics. Unless you have an old 3DS anyway.
The reviews I read said the frame rate was awful, to me that's more than just a graphics issue for an action game.

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah I played the first one, it was pretty okay but I have no particular feelings about DQ itself so it didn't stick with me. My favorite Musou games are definitely still the Orochi games. I was hoping Stars would be as fun as that but no, not even close.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:rolleyes:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah, seems a little tame for MGS.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

The reviews I read said the frame rate was awful, to me that's more than just a graphics issue for an action game.

The frame rate is actually more stable/better in the 3DS version if you have a new 3DS. If you don't it's basically unplayable.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Digirat posted:

I normally only play action games, so I'm not sure why I bought a JRPG or why I'm enjoying it as much as I am

Because Persona 5 is one of the best JRPGs, hell one of the best games ever. I'm obsessed with it

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
4 day weekend after today, Can't wait to sink my teeth into persona 5

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

superh posted:

It's been a crazy, surreal day. Night Trap is getting re-released and my little game Deathstate just launched on PS4. What is the world coming to??

PSN Store

To commemorate - have some keys, goons! (US only, atm, sorry)

2PC5-AGN4-AF82
46K7-KCNK-5RQJ
A6KR-KJN3-RL46
5DAQ-7PN4-48RB
AT3D-9ENA-2433

Congrats! I saw a quick look of it on GB and it looked fun.

e: Someone mentioned it and if Burnout 3 showed up on that PS3 classics thing I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 26, 2017

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Sefal posted:

4 day weekend after today, Can't wait to sink my teeth into persona 5

Same but Nier.

Actually ill just play rocket league for hours :shrug:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I wish I had a game I could keep going back to but I always get bored even with multiplayer stuff

I go back to Last of Us Remastered multiplayer once every maybe 3 months but I can only stomach a round or two then get bored

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I've put around 110 hours into Dark Souls 3 since Christmas 😳 I managed to finish Last Guardian and Titanfall 2 along the way but I gave up on Rise of Tomb Raider and Yakuza 0 remains unfinished as well. My friend keeps telling me to get Persona 5 but that'd be the end of me I suspect.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Lakbay posted:

I wish I had a game I could keep going back to

Be careful, I used to wish for this then a friend showed me Dota 2 :a2m:

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I'm somewhere around 90 hours in Overwatch, and I find myself wanting a new multiplayer game myself. Rocket League frustrates me a lot, Titanfall 2 never addressed my main complaints with the CoD series, and I've already bounced off Disc Jam. I don't want to buy into For Honor due to a number of issues, and I doubt that Battlefield 1 would be great without a party.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Real hurthling! posted:

Is it? Say more.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Ineffiable posted:

Worse. Two standard Forza titles with a third on the way , and two horizon titles (horizon 2 was both 360 and Xbox one) and both horizon titles have decent sized expansion packs and there's one more coming for horizon 3.

If you really really love racing games it's hard to argue not picking up a cheap Xbox one s and get all the Forza titles.

That's what I did a while back. Burnout Paradise is backwards compatible as well. These are the only games I've played on my xbox. Oh, and my kid plays Rare Replay.

Also :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-K_M4i2Bbs

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 26, 2017

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Shadow225 posted:

I'm somewhere around 90 hours in Overwatch, and I find myself wanting a new multiplayer game myself. Rocket League frustrates me a lot, Titanfall 2 never addressed my main complaints with the CoD series, and I've already bounced off Disc Jam. I don't want to buy into For Honor due to a number of issues, and I doubt that Battlefield 1 would be great without a party.

Sounds like videogames are not for you brah

:cheeky:

Or you just need to smoke more weed

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Waiting for Nier's price to drop so I may jump to Yakuza 0 first instead, though I'm wary of another super-long game almost right after Witcher 3....

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Shadow225 posted:

Fortunately you can now be part of the Marvel Heroes Beta. Only fifty bucks for your chance to play this FREE game!

Of course you don't want to miss out on the (timed) exlusive venom skin, that will be $200 or so.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fix posted:

Is it? Say more.

They took the very good first game and removed many annoying things while adding cool ones.

The map is a big world you walk in with missions all over it instead of a menu you load into instances from

There is multiplayer

You can now choose to either summon monster friends or become them for a short time

You can run now

The main character can pick a class instead of being stuck as a warrior

Idk, its just some good hybrid musou poo poo my dude.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Here are May's PS+ games
EU: Alienation | US: Azbu
Tales from the Borderlands (PS4)
Blood Knights (PS3)
Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants (PS3)
Laser Disco Defenders (PS Vita)
Type: Rider (PS Vita)

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Sweet wanted to try Alienation and Tales

Alienation is EU only goddammit