Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

adamantium|wang posted:

Shooting them?

My team was above ground and the other below us underground in a single entrance bunker. Going through the blue to get to them would've been suicide. They won, I wanna know how :p .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Snapes N Snapes posted:

My team was above ground and the other below us underground in a single entrance bunker. Going through the blue to get to them would've been suicide. They won, I wanna know how :p .

one of them shot another of them in the foot or was already injured and started using a med kit before the blue went in

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

one of them shot another of them in the foot or was already injured and started using a med kit before the blue went in

Yeah that was my guess as well. Heard a single shot too. Smart.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Yeah that was my guess as well. Heard a single shot too. Smart.

If you are the only one left and don't have a teammate to shoot you, taking damage from the blue so you can start popping the medkit might also work

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
A couple games in and it looks like the power setting thing fixed my issue. I might get a really, really short hitch now where it used to lock up for multiple seconds so it's a massive improvement.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
i hope the ragdoll physics never change https://clips.twitch.tv/LazyExcitedChowderImGlitch

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

fknlo posted:

A couple games in and it looks like the power setting thing fixed my issue. I might get a really, really short hitch now where it used to lock up for multiple seconds so it's a massive improvement.

Nice. Good to hear. This game is such a bitch when it comes to performance.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Snapes N Snapes posted:

What's the best play to try and outheal enemies in the very last closing circle (ie when it closes fully with a poo poo ton of damage). Make sure you're injured beforehand so you can pop a medkit/first aid a bit in advance?

Here's all the answers you want.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/6odhok/circle_breakdown_times_damage_travel_time_and_tips/

Other relevant info is medkits take 8 seconds to use and a first aid kit takes six seconds to use.

The final circle will kill you in 10 seconds from 100% health and 7.5 seconds from 75% health in increments of 11 damage. Remember you can't pre-cast healing items so you can actually hit the heal button at 89 and 64% damage. So you can just barely heal as long as you have items and are mashing on the hotkey.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
how come when i solo drop squad games and get 4 kills i get 135 points but i pistol one dude in solo fpp and get like 140

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

how come when i solo drop squad games and get 4 kills i get 135 points but i pistol one dude in solo fpp and get like 140

Kill points are based only on the Elo rating of the person you killed.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I just saw Chocotaco get down to 5 left in a field and just drove around in a UAZ aiming for bushes and got 3 kills in a minute and killed the last guy right after. ahah

edit: https://clips.twitch.tv/AmazingStupidSpindleWutFace

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 10, 2017

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

VietCampo posted:

I just saw Chocotaco get down to 5 left in a field and just drove around in a UAZ aiming for bushes and got 3 kills in a minute and killed the last guy right after. ahah

I saw this too it owned

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
got up to 9 left in a solo squad game using only two shotguns, feels p good

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
The best shot I've ever and will ever make. Video courtesy of Moonsha (the guy who's down and from whose perspective you see the video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f56owRTxW5c

Seriously. Watch this. Please.

I need someone to masturbate with

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
What the gently caress is this supposed to be? It's just a bunch of giggling.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 10, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nevvy Z posted:

What the gently caress is this supposed to be? It's just a bunch of idiot giggling

He makes a crossbow shot from like 75 meters out but it's not him recording.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I pegged a teammate of mine with the revolver from one end of the quarry to the end. That was fun.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Nice. Good to hear. This game is such a bitch when it comes to performance.

Yeah, I'll take the half second hitch over what I was getting without any real complaint. It's something that can still get me killed but it's not a guaranteed death.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

VietCampo posted:

edit: https://clips.twitch.tv/AmazingStupidSpindleWutFace

Got my first #2 doing this. Hopped in a UAZ at 8 or 9 guys, drove around in circles running guys over. The last guy managed to blow up my car.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
when squad first person, PLAYERUNKNOWN, when?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
i got my first win by someone else running over everyone in the bushes and then jumping out of his car too fast and dying when he couldnt find me, because i was not in a bush

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

fourth because the circle chose the side of the wall opposite i was with no cover on the other side :(

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Anyone else having problems with lag timing you out?

Every single game I have had tonight has lagged me at least for 30 seconds. I've timed out a couple of times.

I have 120Mbit down with bonded pair. I am wondering if that might be the issue on my side, but when I do a ping test against any north american servers it's all really good, sub 100 ping.

It's not fun to get all loaded up with gear and the just time out. Or to be driving from the blue and end up in the ocean with no vehicle now and the entire map to get across.

The last match my lag was so bad I shot a guy a few times about 200 meters away, heard him shoot back with a sniper rifle, ran away, then died from the initial shot.

I wasn't getting this sort of lag a month ago. They really did some major damage to their network code.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

This is a new one on me. Anyone else seen two crates at once before?:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is there a way to drop without making any noise? a dude jumped from a balcony and landed behind me with no audio clue at all that it had happened.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Chard posted:

Were they both dropping? I've seen them get stuck in the air before.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is there a way to drop without making any noise? a dude jumped from a balcony and landed behind me with no audio clue at all that it had happened.

All player landings make zero noise at the moment. I have noticed that there is zero sound when I do it, or when players around me do it.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Chard posted:

I used to see double drops pretty frequently in squad games. It doesn't seem to be the norm though.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Yeah the landing when you jump out a 2nd story window or whatever doesn't make any noise to other players.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Nevvy Z posted:

What the gently caress is this supposed to be? It's just a bunch of giggling.

Friend gets downed. I made a ~150m crossbow shot from the three story in Pochinki to save him.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Chard posted:

How have you been playing since launch and never seen this? I guess you don't live very long...

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hamelekim posted:

Anyone else having problems with lag timing you out?

Every single game I have had tonight has lagged me at least for 30 seconds. I've timed out a couple of times.

I have 120Mbit down with bonded pair. I am wondering if that might be the issue on my side, but when I do a ping test against any north american servers it's all really good, sub 100 ping.

It's not fun to get all loaded up with gear and the just time out. Or to be driving from the blue and end up in the ocean with no vehicle now and the entire map to get across.

The last match my lag was so bad I shot a guy a few times about 200 meters away, heard him shoot back with a sniper rifle, ran away, then died from the initial shot.

I wasn't getting this sort of lag a month ago. They really did some major damage to their network code.

Something is definitely rotten in Denmark regarding their end. I normally run a ping of about 4ms and today halfway through a match I was getting consistent network lag spikes and hitting a constant 61ms ping.

Of course, I got 4 kills that game, and only died when I got greedy and went to loot a corpse I didn't need.

e: found like 4 8x scopes that match too, picked em all up to make sure they wouldn't fall into the wrong hands.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Chard posted:

I was under the impression there are always two crates, but I previously believed some sort of spread was happening

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sometimes no crate gets dropped in a given flyby, sometimes you get a double drop. Gotta keep things interesting.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

mcvey posted:

when squad first person, PLAYERUNKNOWN, when?

Tomorrow. Well, actually in 2 hours.

MrBadidea
Apr 1, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

Sometimes no crate gets dropped in a given flyby, sometimes you get a double drop. Gotta keep things interesting.

And then sometimes you watch the game drop 5 crates (one of which is a double drop) in the lake just at the side of Yasnaya.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Chard posted:

Yeah last squad game I played we had a double drop right on our heads. At first we were pumped but then we realized it was a curse as the entire map descended on us from every direction and wwiii broke out. We didn't make it.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Huh guess I've just never noticed it before. We definitely did not stick around to investigate, our health was already low because we stopped at the last drop just a minute before. I got a Groza that eventually won the game for us though!

e:

VulgarandStupid posted:

How have you been playing since launch and never seen this? I guess you don't live very long...

I do most of my killing with guns looted from victims, sky guns are heresy

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

First person squad games are coming out really really soon. Very excited to never have to deal with third person BS ever again.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Same. Every time I die on a motorcycle I just laugh my rear end off. My most recent involved me hitting the tiniest bump going full speed which caused me to cartwheel at superspeed and get thrown from the bike into a tree.

Part of me wants to say it's cartoon physics but I feel like it's almost realistic when it comes to the motorcycle accidents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

Choco is very quick.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TangibleFriendlyAntelopeSpicyBoy

• Locked thread