Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Junkie Disease posted:

Whole thing weighs what? 120?
120 stone, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
For comparison:

(Does not include the optional mdf stand)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol that tv is heavier than me

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You haven’t gamed in the 90s if you never feared being crushed to death by a 200lb TV during a sudden earthquake

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Spacebump posted:

So until/unless any delays happen, we are leaving getting BoTW2 and Pokémon Gen 9 this year. Wow. What else is planned for the back half of this year? This is could be the best Switch year, maybe ever.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is the later half of the year. Bayonetta 3 is still theoretically coming this year as well. Plus a bunch of other stuff that while not likely to sell millions of copies will still sell good enough.

So as we can see, the Switch has no games now or ever and Nintendo continues to be doomed. :rip:

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's gonna be set in Pokéspain.

That'd line up with the design of the MC and their home that we see at the end of the video.

Can't wait to play Pokemon Scarlet with my new friend, the Kool Aid Gator.

Junkie Disease posted:

Whole thing weighs what? 120?

The TV by itself probably weighs close to 120.

When HD CRT TVs were a thing my parents got one and I think the screen was 42" and the thing was easily 150-200lbs.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 28, 2022

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I didn't live in a place with earthquakes in the 90s, OP.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

hatty posted:

You haven’t gamed in the 90s if you never feared being crushed to death by a 200lb TV during a sudden earthquake

b_d posted:

Getting those things up and down flights of stairs, however...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

b_d posted:

CRTs weighed so much that large ones had their own gravity well.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

CRTs weighed so much that large ones had their own gravity well.

Technically true but more importantly figuratively True

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

b_d posted:

Neither did I but I also feared serial killers would burrow underground into my room and murder me so I didn’t have very realistic anxieties

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

And most that weight was in the front glass, it's center of gravity was no where near the center of it's shape a bastard to move

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

hatty posted:

Neither did I but I also feared serial killers would burrow underground into my room and murder me so I didn’t have very realistic anxieties

i thought sephiroth would teleport in and kill me in the middle of the night.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
It's a little known fact that the main reason people didn't feel the need to lock their doors back then was just because everything was too heavy to steal.

We had a console TV that saw use from the Intellivsion to the SNES. By the end, the picture would occasionally get funky and you could just give it a big ol' smack on the top and it would go back to normal like you were the Fonz or something. Felt cooler than I really was every time.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Between Pokemon and Xenoblade 3 I highly, highly doubt BOTW2 is a 2022 game. That's way too many high-profile releases crammed together in the back half of the year and we still don't have a proper subtitle for Zelda yet.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Zelda will be out in July watch

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Manoueverable posted:

Between Pokemon and Xenoblade 3 I highly, highly doubt BOTW2 is a 2022 game. That's way too many high-profile releases crammed together in the back half of the year and we still don't have a proper subtitle for Zelda yet.

This year could be Nintendo's swan song as they will announce a commitment to mobile gaming with Mario Kart 9 launching exclusively on Android.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

hatty posted:

And needing two people to lug it up a flight of stairs.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I’ve been looking at getting a crt and so many listings are like ‘perfect for retro gaming!’ and the tv itself is limited to 50hz and cost 200 bucks. rort central

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I’ve been looking at getting a crt and so many listings are like ‘perfect for retro gaming!’ and the tv itself is limited to 50hz and cost 200 bucks. rort central

50hz? You in a PAL territory (Europe) or something?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Just drive around plenty of people still just dump them on a curb

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Manoueverable posted:

They've been saying 2022 for a bit and it's not like they aren't aware of Pokemon release dates. Plus, they're up against heavy hitters all year, the Spartacus Sony Gamepass reveal and gamepass itself bringing Starfield. They don't really have a choice but to load up if they're trying to float the aging switch.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hatty posted:

That's happened to me twice

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

50hz? You in a PAL territory (Europe) or something?

Australia. years of region locking!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
CRTs were heavy because they needed to store all the pixels for 240p gaming.

Modern TVs get the pixels e-mailed to them so they can be lighter.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Manoueverable posted:

It’s still likely Botw2 comes out this year.

I doubt we’ll get any other big reveals for this year. This fall is already full of big releases.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Mega64 posted:

CRTs were heavy because they needed to store all the pixels for 240p gaming.

Modern TVs get the pixels e-mailed to them so they can be lighter.

:hmmyes:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

hatty posted:

Ask me about the time I hefted a CRT monitor home by myself. From a store in the city, carried to the train station, And (mercifully) getting a lift home from my Mum from the station ear home.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 1, 2022

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Is this kind of the catch-all General Nintendo thread, too? Because I just played Mario Kart Wii for the first time and it’s fun as gently caress.

I’m a really mediocre Mario Kart player but the games are fun and I had a real good time using the Wiimote as a steering wheel.

Also, please be my friends on the Nintendo Switch

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

where are the arkham games

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Something new to spend Platinum Points on:

https://twitter.com/Nintendeal/status/1498575575929085953

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Neat little idea to integrate these missions directly to the switch online infrastructure, but functionally useless to me since I’ll forever be rolling with my Mii as my user icon.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Still no folders though. :v:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a.lo posted:

where are the arkham games

on good consoles

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
there's a barold icon available so I have made my switch profile significantly worse and I couldn't be happier

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

on good consoles

like wiiu

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

man nurse posted:

Neat little idea to integrate these missions directly to the switch online infrastructure, but functionally useless to me since I’ll forever be rolling with my Mii as my user icon.

looks like you can get custom borders. so you could use those

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

never mind you can only make an icon with all the elements from the same game and no miis. gently caress nintendo

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

b_d posted:

never mind you can only make an icon with all the elements from the same game and no miis. gently caress nintendo
Almost having a good idea and then ruining it with arbitrary restrictions is a very Nintendo thing to do, you have to admit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

they're doomed!