Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

camoseven posted:

one of the rare times I actually want an S to YQ cause I just gotta know what's going on inside this persons head

Zero VGS posted:

Hey remember when the CCP dropped a pile of freestanding rental e-bikes and e-scooters on the sidewalks of all the major US cities without permission? And minors were just hopping on them and blasting around with no helmets? And they were just transmitting all your travel and credit card data to who-the-gently caress-knows? And they made some insane amount of profit with no consequences while using public land as their parking lots? And they started bursting into flames, randomly slamming the brakes at full speed, or incorrectly telling users to ride in traffic, turning them to vegetables? And when San Fran said "hey don't do that without permission", the company sued San Fran for having the impudence?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lime_(transportation_company)

Sorry spineless citizens, China corpo cops own your city now.

These are the companies that teach techbros how behavior is rewarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
do the people with the apocalyptic post-election predictions know that trump was already president

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

oh he's a landlord who's a real dick about it.

edit vvv wow

silicone thrills has issued a correction as of 03:48 on May 20, 2024

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Gonna say this every time I see that username: search for posts by him including the phrase "wasabi peas"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

loquacius posted:

Gonna say this every time I see that username: search for posts by him including the phrase "wasabi peas"

Zero VGS you rat! You weren't eating wasabi peas because you liked them! You were eating them to give me the ol' spicy rectum!

How could you give your own boyfriend the spicy rectum, Zero VGS?!

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Mola Yam posted:

do the people with the apocalyptic post-election predictions know that trump was already president

The presidency is a roguelite and trump is coming back with more buffs and better encounter knowledge and he's gonna do the things he totally wanted to do but didn't (ignore that trump basically did everything he wanted)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mola Yam posted:

They think that he's going to actually succeed in implementing Project 2025.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Majorian posted:

They think that he's going to actually succeed in implementing Project 2025.

The horrifying secret plan of the republicans to like... Do policy and hire people who are interested in advancing and ideological project

That's crazy! You have to have a team of rivals, no I didn't read the book

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
the horrifying thing about project 2025 isn't that the Republicans have one, it's that Democrats don't

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SixteenShells posted:

the horrifying thing about project 2025 isn't that the Republicans have one, it's that Democrats don't

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

oh yea baby that's the psychic damage I crave

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

lol at that getting zero pushback.

‘ate musk. Love the car. ain’t racist but I just don’t like the Chinese. Simple as

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I dunno but isn't it kinda weird the Iran president is killed only days after the attempted assassination of the Slovakia's prime minister?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

SixteenShells posted:

They plan to help the republicans pass it

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I choose to believe this was not real.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Helicopters: love to murder rich and important people

but also the balance of

one of the few regimes that doesn't suck Americas dick

Still cant get over how comically bad the early CIA hosed up with Iran though so wont be surprised if it turns out they were involved again.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

It's incredibly sad that we can't rule out the CIA and/or Mossad Pulling Some poo poo (TM), though I'd've expected Mossad to have done some insanely unsubtle stuff with Uzis and pissing Zionists Were Here on a nearby wall.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Assassinating him doesn’t seem like it would make sense. His death doesn’t appear to be likely to change anything Iran is currently doing

Not that the CIA or Mossad need a strategic reason to do things

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
didn't know i could read persian, huh

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

1glitch0 posted:

I dunno but isn't it kinda weird the Iran president is killed only days after the attempted assassination of the Slovakia's prime minister?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
:rip:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

the thing is helicopters genuinely do just kill rich people on a pretty regular basis

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Eagle Claw veterans today after no longer being the most embarrassing chopper crash in Iran

🎉🎉🎉👏👏👏😏😏😏🤩🤩🤩

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1792260565332619410?t=bfNteJ5bVMguHmOrtoIUTA&s=19

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

moral of the story here is gently caress helicopters

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the thing is helicopters genuinely do just kill rich people on a pretty regular basis

also small airplanes. one just killed a rich plastic surgeon the other day from Louisiana

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Man why the gently caress does Rufus Shinra fly in helicopters all the time? Why do Shinra executives fly in helicopters all the time?

It's just plain hubris if you ask me

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Telluric Whistler posted:

The horrifying secret plan of the republicans to like... Do policy and hire people who are interested in advancing and ideological project

I read the book and it’s kind of amazing how much everyone misunderstood it, including the author.

They were all opposed to slavery! They were all part of the same party!
Hell, Salmon P Chase was such a nightmare to work with and should not have been in the cabinet!
THEY HAD TO USE AND ABUSE POLITICAL POWER TO GET THE AMENDMENT PASSED! Because they knew how to do politics.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

[LAURENS]
Well, well, I heard
You’ve got a special someone on the side, Burr

[HAMILTON]
Is that so?

[LAURENS]
What are you tryin’ to hide, Burr?

[BURR]
I should go

[HAMILTON]
No, these guys should go

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/WhiteHouse/status/1410709115333234691

how's this going

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I still can't believe anyone ever thought bragging about a 16 cent reduction was worth even doing.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

If someone has a lot of time I genuinely would like to know the updated stats.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

silicone thrills posted:

very mad about a black woman making her own decisions about voting

lmao about the LAST TIME TO VOTE EVER.

like god drat ive been hearing this poo poo since GWB.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Democrats are right about republicans being racists and republicans are right about how actually it is democrats who are racists

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Mola Yam posted:

https://www.project2025.org/ This time the big shot fascists expect the win. They have spent the past 6 years battering the moderates out of the way. Last time 1) the fascists wern't sure the crazy guy was down and 2) they didn't have instant dictatorship in a can in stock.

They haven't all been sitting on their asses. Trump openly feels frustrated that American institutions, ugly as they are, weren't rotten enough to collapse and give him the power he thought he should have. Now groups are openly building lists of hatchet men to tear it down from the inside.

Telluric Whistler posted:

Its more than just hiring some yes men, its completely obliterating the civil service to move yes men to the top in a naked power grab. at least loving skim the byline of the manifesto. They plan to fire basically everyone not on the list, and eliminate the grade step system and merit based promotion system. Literaly gut the administrative state and make it run on authoritarian fiat.

Barrel Cactaur has issued a correction as of 11:57 on May 20, 2024

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Barrel Cactaur posted:

https://www.project2025.org/ This time the big shot fascists expect the win. They have spent the past 6 years battering the moderates out of the way. Last time 1) the fascists wern't sure the crazy guy was down and 2) they didn't have instant dictatorship in a can in stock.

They haven't all been sitting on their asses. Trump openly feels frustrated that American institutions, ugly as they are, weren't rotten enough to collapse and give him the power he thought he should have. Now groups are openly building lists of hatchet men to tear it down from the inside.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Barrel Cactaur posted:

Its more than just hiring some yes men, its completely obliterating the civil service to move yes men to the top in a naked power grab. at least loving skim the byline of the manifesto. They plan to fire basically everyone not on the list, and eliminate the grade step system and merit based promotion system. Literaly gut the administrative state and make it run on authoritarian fiat.

oh no, not the grade step system and merit based promotions! dont they realize that america needs the best administrators to hold the country together? what will we do if those appointments become political and only the most well-connected get hired and promoted??

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
project 2025 sounds bad. it seems like the democrats should stop doing unpopular things and instead do popular ones so they win the election. I didn’t go to an ivy league school to learn political science and how to win elections (make voters like you) but I’m assured that Biden has the smartest, well-paid people working on his campaign so I’m sure it’ll be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
project 2025 sounds bad because you’re listening to libs scream about it rather than read it. it’s incredibly boring, its 400+ pages of jobs the president gets to appoint people to and ideas for policies they could enact as appointees. yes the policies are bad but they’re also bog standard republican stuff like “rewrite epa regs to allow pollution,” something every republican president has done since Nixon created the epa. though there were also funny ones like downsizing the military and taking something away from the marines, i think their tanks