Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

there was an hbo cartoon series thats fantastic apparently theyre making or recently made a movie but i was talking about the hbo kids show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

SIDS Vicious posted:

there was an hbo cartoon series thats fantastic apparently theyre making or recently made a movie but i was talking about the hbo kids show

I had no idea.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

now I have the doobie brothers stuck in my head and want to watch yacht rock again

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Escape From Noise posted:

For some reason they keep playing Dreams by The Cranberries and What a Fool Believes by The Doobie Brothers.

What in tarnation

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

How much fun would that tiny fire truck be? A LOT

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I'm at this local festival outside my apartment. It's mostly for kids. They have a little fire truck and little firefighter outfits for the kids to take pictures. Lol.

Aww, does it actually work? I'm guessing not but it'd be cool if it could spray some water.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

How much fun would that tiny fire truck be? A LOT

I'm wondering what the tiny siren would sound like

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

imagine if you called the fire department and that thing showed up

your house is burning down and they're grabbing their 4 rung ladder that won't even reach your first story windows

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

For some reason they keep playing Dreams by The Cranberries and What a Fool Believes by The Doobie Brothers.

Maybe something to do with the melody? Fool Believes does sound like it could be a kid's song if you didn't understand any words.

I assume they're playing Dreams just because it's a good song.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

drifting the tiny fire truck around a crack head

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

What in tarnation

Very weird mix.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Aww, does it actually work? I'm guessing not but it'd be cool if it could spray some water.

I'm honestly unsure. It's an actual car at the very least. I was wondering if they actually use it in service. Lol.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ruby Gloom posted:

now I have the doobie brothers stuck in my head and want to watch yacht rock again

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

when I was a kid we had a japanese exchange student living with us and one night we were BBQing in the backyard and noticed smoke pouring out of one of our house's windows

my dad went to investigate and he was like "well, I think that must just be smoke from the bbq somehow getting sucked into the house and then going out that window, but I can't figure out how so just to be safe I'm calling the fire department"

he called them and explained the situation and asked if they could just send out one tiny truck to investigate and make sure everything was ok

that little firetruck would have been perfect

instead they sent 5 full size fire engines that completely blocked the road in front of our house, and showed up with sirens and lights, and kept the lights on the whole time so the entire neighborhood came out to see and ask us WTF was going on

it was pretty funny, they found nothing, they were just like "oh yeah, you're probably right, the smoke must have gotten sucked in from the bbq somewhere"

but for our exchange student it was the most exciting part of her entire trip lol

she took so many photos with sexy firefighter men :lmao:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

That song always makes me think of Stone Quackers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwQ-G53mSfU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

TIP posted:

when I was a kid we had a japanese exchange student living with us and one night we were BBQing in the backyard and noticed smoke pouring out of one of our house's windows

my dad went to investigate and he was like "well, I think that must just be smoke from the bbq somehow getting sucked into the house and then going out that window, but I can't figure out how so just to be safe I'm calling the fire department"

he called them and explained the situation and asked if they could just send out one tiny truck to investigate and make sure everything was ok

that little firetruck would have been perfect

instead they sent 5 full size fire engines that completely blocked the road in front of our house, and showed up with sirens and lights, and kept the lights on the whole time so the entire neighborhood came out to see and ask us WTF was going on

it was pretty funny, they found nothing, they were just like "oh yeah, you're probably right, the smoke must have gotten sucked in from the bbq somewhere"

but for our exchange student it was the most exciting part of her entire trip lol

she took so many photos with sexy firefighter men :lmao:

Lol. Nice.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

The world needs more tiny firetrucks IMHO.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I'm honestly unsure. It's an actual car at the very least. I was wondering if they actually use it in service. Lol.

It might not be but there are tiny firetrucks in Japan apparently. They're used in areas where the roads are too narrow for the regular trucks to maneuver.

Someone bought a retired one and brought it to San Francisco.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

It might not be but there are tiny firetrucks in Japan apparently. They're used in areas where the roads are too narrow for the regular trucks to maneuver.

Yeah. That was my thinking. If that water connection works, if nothing else it could make a link down a narrow street or something.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

it appears that one is very similar to the one pictured above, and is a functional water shooting machine

https://abc7news.com/kiri-japanese-fire-truck-san-francisco-kirigamine/10975780/

quote:

The small but mighty truck can extinguish fires if needed with its hose and pump, as long as there's a nearby water source.

"The black hose dunks into a pond or stream, there's a pump on there, you attach the pump to the big black hose, and then you're good to go," says Lappin.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

pretty sweet that you don't even need a hydrant, can just dunk it in a pond and start shooting fish and ducks at the fire

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Lappin deez nuts

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

anyone want a steem copy of Steel Rising or King of the Castle?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

TIP posted:

pretty sweet that you don't even need a hydrant, can just dunk it in a pond and start shooting fish and ducks at the fire

Ducks are greasy, they'd probably only make things worse.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ducks are greasy, they'd probably only make things worse.

yeah but once you do get the fire out lunch is ready

edit: this is my first post of my 400th page of posts :toot:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

TIP posted:

it appears that one is very similar to the one pictured above, and is a functional water shooting machine

https://abc7news.com/kiri-japanese-fire-truck-san-francisco-kirigamine/10975780/

Oh hell yeah. That explains the basket at the end of the hose. That rules.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You could put it anything, not just water...

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

You could put it anything, not just water...

OMG EFN PUT IT IN A FERMENTER

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

OMG EFN PUT IT IN A FERMENTER

HOSE DOWN THE CHILDREN WITH BEER

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

HOSE DOWN THE CHILDREN WITH BEER

LOAD UP LAGER AND ALE BY KIM MITCHELL ON ITS SPEAKERS WHILE YOU DO IT

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

LOAD UP LAGER AND ALE BY KIM MITCHELL ON ITS SPEAKERS WHILE YOU DO IT

I was trying read this to the opening lines of Smells Like Teen Spirit for some reason lol

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
ok this goes to the top of the goon projects list: 5kpt buys a tiny firetruck

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Booty Pageant posted:

ok this goes to the top of the goon projects list: 5kpt buys a tiny firetruck

due to a miscommunication we end up spending $10,000 on this

tiny friar tuck

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
if each post was $1 we could afford this

https://sp.beforward.jp/suzuki/carry-truck/br864459/id/7273946/

it ain't the newest but it sure is tiny. pretty sure it counts as a costco shopping trolley

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

TIP posted:

tiny friar tuck

i can see this happening too but with more glitter and probably it's filled with drugs :hmmyes:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

TIP posted:

tiny friar tuck

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Booty Pageant posted:

i can see this happening too but with more glitter and probably it's filled with broth :sickos:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Booty Pageant posted:

if each post was $1 we could afford this

https://sp.beforward.jp/suzuki/carry-truck/br864459/id/7273946/

it ain't the newest but it sure is tiny. pretty sure it counts as a costco shopping trolley

if each post in this thread was a dollar we could buy a whole drat fleet

we'd have $136,998

but for just $2000 we could get a full sized fire truck that runs great

https://www.firetruckmall.com/AvailableTruck/05682/1980-Spartan-Pumper

it's a "spartan pumper", which is fitting because that's also how I describe my sexual technique

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

TIP posted:

"spartan pumper"

ahh also known as the "Gerard Buttler"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

is that like gerard butler with extra butt