Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
I only buy used, and CPO sometimes comes with that price increase (and "service" package), and you can actually negotiate a non-CPO price that doesn't include that stuff (and saves you a few grand). Level with the guy and tell him you don't want the lifetime of car washes and you'll gladly forgo that to save the $1k. He may bite.

The alternative would be to talk to the dealer who is giving you the best price, describe the exact vehicle you're looking for, and then wonder aloud *head scratch* "if only there was a way we could get this specific vehicle from somewhere else and I could buy it from you..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Salvage title cars are wonderful if it's a car you're buying back from your insurer for hail damage to non-glass (due to potential electrical damage) parts.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The only other thing to consider with salvage titles is when said title was salvaged. Anything remotely new that has a salvage title has had extensive repairs done to it. Something that is already old and cheap may have had a minor accident. A parking lot fender bender in my Ranger which literally only dented the bedside would come remarkably close to $total when paying out retail rates for parts and labor, even though any sane person would either just buy a junkyard bed or (as I did) ignore it.

But all of this just adds up more in the category of "if you have to ask, no".

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rape Stink posted:

Anyone have any experience with new Fiats? I really love the Spider, but I have reservations about buying a Fiat since they were known to be awful junk for years. Are they decently reliable now, or still trash?

Buy the MX5.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Phone posted:

Buy the MX5.

The new Spyder is the mx5, with Fiat turbo engine and softer suspension. The turbo engine is a laggy turd that makes same horsepower as standard Miata. The only reason is to choose one over the other, is the looks and badge. It looks amazing and is technically an "Italian sports car", which may or may not get you laid quicker in certain company.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Nitrox posted:

The new Spyder is the mx5, with Fiat turbo engine and softer suspension. The turbo engine is a laggy turd that makes same horsepower as standard Miata. The only reason is to choose one over the other, is the looks and badge. It looks amazing and is technically an "Italian sports car", which may or may not get you laid quicker in certain company.

To be fair the Abarth makes about 10/hp and 35/tq more but 200 lbs more. It also responds very well to a tune in the 500 so I imagine you could get quite a bit more power out of it.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

If you're going to leave it stock and just want a fun, reliable roadster, buy the MX5.

If you're going to chip the ECU, possibly mod the suspension, and willing to put up with silly FIAT/Chrysler issues where the car differs from the Mazda version, then consider the 124.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

The in laws are permanently moving back to Canada and want a second car. New or used doesn't really matter.

What's the current short list recommendations for either brand new or slightly used generic appliance car? Something as a grocery getter but also not a deathtrap for the odd 150 mile highway trip?
2 door/4 door doesn't matter
Preferably something not physically large
I am sure they would give preference to something japanese but if there is a good NA made vehicle it could be given a hard look.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The Fiat is made in Hiroshima, so tell me more about how Italian it is.

The Fiat is straight up slower, looks atrocious, and gets significantly worse gas mileage.

"Oh but mods!" you say; the ND MX5 will readily take an ECU flash and match the Fiat's numbers.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Phone posted:

The Fiat is straight up slower, looks atrocious, and gets significantly worse gas mileage.

"Oh but mods!" you say; the ND MX5 will readily take an ECU flash and match the Fiat's numbers.

I can't tell if you're serious or Miata.net posting now.

slidebite posted:

The in laws are permanently moving back to Canada and want a second car. New or used doesn't really matter.

What's the current short list recommendations for either brand new or slightly used generic appliance car? Something as a grocery getter but also not a deathtrap for the odd 150 mile highway trip?
I am sure they would give preference to something japanese but if there is a good NA made vehicle it could be given a hard look.

Prius is as appliance as a car can get.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Rape Stink posted:

Anyone have any experience with new Fiats? I really love the Spider, but I have reservations about buying a Fiat since they were known to be awful junk for years. Are they decently reliable now, or still trash?

If you want an awesome Italian car, any of the Alfa Romeo models available in the US should be right up your alley.

https://www.alfaromeousa.com/cars/alfa-romeo-models

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

IOwnCalculus posted:

I can't tell if you're serious or Miata.net posting now.

I think you'd enjoy my (and destructos) mnet posting from today. :v:
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?p=8182364#post8182364

But seriously, the Fiat is a worse Miata. The 2fast2tuna crowds are pushing 180+ whp on a dynojet iirc (stock is 140whp).

Phone fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 21, 2016

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

slidebite posted:

I find old people tend to be particular about the seating position and height, because when they sit down in a Corvette or similar they can't get back up again. So they should probably go sit in a number of sedans and SUVs and see which seating position suits them best.

Phone posted:

The engine is Italian and shipped complete to Japan. Also the 124 uses the NC transmission.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Phone posted:

The engine will still do all the cool italian things like catching on fire if you look at it wrong though.

slothzilla
Dec 19, 2003

Is a courtesy car that a dealer let people drive while their car was being serviced in the same category as a rental? Less than 10k miles if that matters.

Hearsay
Mar 16, 2012
Can any one help me pick a car? I'm in Melbourne and haven't brought a car for over 10 years.

Proposed Budget: $5000-$ 6000AUD
New or Used: Used
Body Style: Station wagon
How will you be using the car: Camping, Road trips. Dog hauling/ mountain bike hauling. It will be used on weekends only.
Would way rather manual but will do auto if necessary
Should i buy this
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/clayton-south/cars-vans-utes/1999-subaru-liberty-wagon/1123411071

this is a selection of whats on offer with my criteria.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-cars-va...price=__5000.00

Thanks. If someone really helps me out I'll flick them some cash via paypal. I have no car savvy rl mates.

Hearsay fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 22, 2016

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

slothzilla posted:

Is a courtesy car that a dealer let people drive while their car was being serviced in the same category as a rental? Less than 10k miles if that matters.

Yes

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Throatwarbler posted:

I find old people tend to be particular about the seating position and height, because when they sit down in a Corvette or similar they can't get back up again. So they should probably go sit in a number of sedans and SUVs and see which seating position suits them best.
This is important. Be sure to check out upright compacts like Kia Soul /Scion xB / whatever Honda replaced the Element. The upright seating position is easier on old joints and provides better vision than normal sedans.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Anyone have experience with the Honda Fits or Chevy Sonic?

Been trying to decide between a 2012 fit or 2013 sonic, since they're around the edge of my price range (~13k) and appear to have good, similar reviews. I still need to test drive too.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

effectual posted:

Been trying to decide between a 2012 fit or 2013 sonic, since they're around the edge of my price range (~13k) and appear to have good, similar reviews. I still need to test drive too.

The cargo space of the fit is incomparable to other vehicles of its class,if that matters to you. It's like owning a much larger car.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

effectual posted:

I have a 2012 Fit Sport and it's really a fantastic vehicle, the tall roof makes for quite comfortable seating and good visibility, the cargo capacity is unbelievable, you can fit(ha!) dressers and lumber and all kinds of poo poo into it, and being a Honda, the reliability is second to none. I have 105K on mine and not a single thing has ever broken or failed. Nothing.
I did front pads at 70K and tires at ~65 K. That's it.(it's due for plugs and fluid change though, I'll do it next service)

The part I like the best, and what sets the Fit apart from all the other little hatchbacks, is that it's a goddamn blast to drive on tight roads. The steering is very quick and once you get the incredibly lovely stock tires off of it, it hangs in corners a long time before finally gently understeering, the Sport model has a rear sway bar and better suspension tuning.

My only slight gripe is that it's a little underpowered, but like old Miatas, that's part of the fun, you learn to hold as much speed as you can through the corners. In reality, the engine's fine, it revs happily and has enough torque that the automatic version isn't particularly doggy off the line.

I didn't cross-shop a Fit against a Sonic, but I did drive a Yaris and a Note, and the Fit drove and a lot better and the interior was nicer, although it was more expensive. I get an average of 33mpg in mixed city/highway driving.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

Proposed Budget: <$11,000. I can afford about $200/month and $2000 in a down payment.
New or Used: Either, probably used
Body Style: Mid-size. No kids, but I don't feel comfortable in a tiny car, nor do I want a huge fucker. I'm a petite woman, so head/legroom isn't an issue. I've been driving station wagons for my entire adult life, but it might be nice to fit into smaller parking spaces. Hatchback maybe?
How will you be using the car?: City driving for short trips, a few trips a month that will take me from Maine to Boston.
What aspects are most important to you? : RELIABILITY. All I want is a car that is simple, and I hate patching up a car over and over again. It's not even the money I worry about as much as the inconvenience. I don't have the time, space, or skills to do many self-repairs. I will happily pay more for peace of mind. The less complicated the better! Oh: I don't want a rabbity gas pedal. I don't want to brush it with a feather and shoot off the road.
Things I don't care about : How 'fun' it is to drive, or what it looks like really. Just not, like...a mini cooper. I have some dignity. Any bell and whistles (fancy sound system, heated seats, sunroof, etc) don't matter.
Why not a Prius? While the mileage is nice I don't live in an area where the electric feature would be very useful, and I'm not a fan of the fact that when the battery shits the bed you are basically hosed.

I live in Maine, so any winter-specific features are great. I really, really don't want to buy snow tires...I know myself well enough that they wouldn't go on until February. I've only ever driven Subarus, which I like a lot especially with their AWD. I think if I traded my current ride (2001 Outback, 190,000 miles, previous owner didn't take great care of it and the interior is pathetic) I might offset the cost a little.

Is there anything I should be specifically looking for, or avoiding? I know the OP warns away from leases, so should I be looking to buy? I have a credit union, which seems to be the best place to get a loan. I will likely be driving to NH to the biggest Subaru dealer in the northeast on Monday to do some test driving, and not just Subarus.

Thanks in advance! I posted a similar query a few weeks ago but it was much vaguer, I hope this is more concise.

I know it's a car thread but I figure that Cat Taxes could still apply:

Here, Hobbes tries to impersonate a twist tie.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

A Prius actually still runs fine with a basically shot battery, you'll just get worse mileage as the hybrid stuff won't work as well, but still probably better than most cars. It's not like the car just won't go at all, and replacing the battery is much more inexpensive and less of an issue than naysayers (myself included) anticipated when they first came out. A Prius is perfect for you in every way (RELIABILITY!) and you should buy the nicest gen 2 you can find.

e: to elaborate, think of a cell phone that doesn't hold much charge anymore, it'll still get you an hour where it used to get you 24, but on a Prius you're charging every time you brake, and discharging every time you accelerate, alongside the regular-rear end gas engine that will always work fine, so not holding a huge charge isn't the end of the world.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 24, 2016

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

porkswordonboard posted:

I live in Maine, so any winter-specific features are great. I really, really don't want to buy snow tires...I know myself well enough that they wouldn't go on until February. I've only ever driven Subarus, which I like a lot especially with their AWD.

Fyi, Subarus and AWD still suck rear end without snow tires.

http://jalopnik.com/heres-irrefutable-proof-that-all-wheel-drive-is-worthle-1671708207

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I'm considering trading in my figuratively worthless 2003 Volvo S40 for a 2015 Hyundai Elantra. I know it goes against the thread title, but Hertz Car Sales has great deals on the Elantra (nearly $4,000 below KBB) and it's very tempting. Any glaring issues with my plan?

I recently got my Volvo this year off of Craigslist, but I think I've found out that the comforts/advantages of driving a newer vehicle is worth the greater cost.

https://www.hertzcarsales.com/vehicle-details/2015-hyundai-elantra-chicago-14817862 :)

I like the idea of winter tires, I just dislike the idea of the added $400+ initial cost for the tires and ~$200 extra per year for mounting/balancing each set. I wonder if all-season will suffice for a FWD econobox. Will the winter set, costing as much as a chunk of the car's value, really add that much in handling?

If I lived in Alaska I would feel differently, but here in Chicago we plow and salt the gently caress out of every road surface when it does snow, which is only a handful of times each winter. Nonetheless I have gotten stuck before in all-seasons, but I wonder if I even would have been able to extricate myself with a set of winters.

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 25, 2016

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

porkswordonboard posted:

Proposed Budget: <$11,000. I can afford about $200/month and $2000 in a down payment.
New or Used: Either, probably used
Body Style: Mid-size. No kids, but I don't feel comfortable in a tiny car, nor do I want a huge fucker. I'm a petite woman, so head/legroom isn't an issue. I've been driving station wagons for my entire adult life, but it might be nice to fit into smaller parking spaces. Hatchback maybe?
How will you be using the car?: City driving for short trips, a few trips a month that will take me from Maine to Boston.
What aspects are most important to you? : RELIABILITY. All I want is a car that is simple, and I hate patching up a car over and over again. It's not even the money I worry about as much as the inconvenience. I don't have the time, space, or skills to do many self-repairs. I will happily pay more for peace of mind. The less complicated the better! Oh: I don't want a rabbity gas pedal. I don't want to brush it with a feather and shoot off the road.
Things I don't care about : How 'fun' it is to drive, or what it looks like really. Just not, like...a mini cooper. I have some dignity. Any bell and whistles (fancy sound system, heated seats, sunroof, etc) don't matter.
Why not a Prius? While the mileage is nice I don't live in an area where the electric feature would be very useful, and I'm not a fan of the fact that when the battery shits the bed you are basically hosed.

I live in Maine, so any winter-specific features are great. I really, really don't want to buy snow tires...I know myself well enough that they wouldn't go on until February. I've only ever driven Subarus, which I like a lot especially with their AWD. I think if I traded my current ride (2001 Outback, 190,000 miles, previous owner didn't take great care of it and the interior is pathetic) I might offset the cost a little.

Is there anything I should be specifically looking for, or avoiding? I know the OP warns away from leases, so should I be looking to buy? I have a credit union, which seems to be the best place to get a loan. I will likely be driving to NH to the biggest Subaru dealer in the northeast on Monday to do some test driving, and not just Subarus.

Thanks in advance! I posted a similar query a few weeks ago but it was much vaguer, I hope this is more concise.

I know it's a car thread but I figure that Cat Taxes could still apply:

Here, Hobbes tries to impersonate a twist tie.

Mazda3 hatch should suit you, get the newest one in your price range.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Throatwarbler posted:

Mazda3 hatch should suit you, get the newest one in your price range.

Having just done a lot of research on this, your budget should put you in anything from a low mileage 2010 (like <50k) to a higher mileage 2013 (100k range). I didn't see anything newer than that pop up, but it would be really hard to reach the mileage on a 2014+ to hit the price point.

I'd suggest a 2008-2010 with 75-100k, which you can probably find in the $8,000-$10,000 range depending on where you fall in there. My search included the NH seacoast so I know as of two weeks ago there were some ads in that range. With the money saved you can buy snow tires mounted on steelies from tirerack.

I have no Subaru recommendations in that price range because it's not high enough to get into the FA/FB engine models, and the EJ engine models in that price range will probably be 120k+ which means head gasket death zone and you get to play the guessing game as to whether or not the timing belt has been done.

That's why I went with the Mazda3. I haven't driven it in the snow, but with snow tires it won't be any worse than any other FWD car.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Michael Scott posted:

I like the idea of winter tires, I just dislike the idea of the added $400+ initial cost for the tires and ~$200 extra per year for mounting/balancing each set. I wonder if all-season will suffice for a FWD econobox. Will the winter set, costing as much as a chunk of the car's value, really add that much in handling?

You don't get them remounted every year, you put them on a cheap second set of wheels so that it takes you 30 minutes to swap them yourself with a jack and tire iron.

And yes there is an upfront cost, but then you're going to go through tires at ~half the rate since you're distributing miles and wear between two sets.

Whether you think you need them or not is up to you, but keep in mind that All-Wheel Drive only helps you go, it doesn't help you turn or stop. All cars are already All-Wheel Stop and 2-Wheel* Steer. Tires are the only interface between your car and the road, and they make an enormous difference.

*To stem the pedants, yes I know there are technically a handful of 4-wheel steer systems out there but it's irrelevant.

Guinness fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 25, 2016

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Guinness posted:

You don't get them remounted every year, you put them on a cheap second set of wheels so that it takes you 30 minutes to swap them yourself with a jack and tire iron.

And yes there is an upfront cost, but then you're going to go through tires at ~half the rate since you're distributing miles and wear between two sets.

Whether you think you need them or not is up to you, but keep in mind that All-Wheel Drive only helps you go, it doesn't help you turn or stop. All cars are already All-Wheel Stop and 2-Wheel* Steer. Tires are the only interface between your car and the road, and they make an enormous difference.

*To stem the pedants, yes I know there are technically a handful of 4-wheel steer systems out there but it's irrelevant.

Ugh, another set of wheels is another $200+ upfront cost, but I guess it saves you the balancing each year. For me, if I only own cars 2 or 3 years, it's a significant cost. The extra wheels and tires won't be considered by most potential buyers as added value.

What I'm wondering is if all that hullabaloo even would have prevented me from getting stuck in basic midwestern semi-plowed snow conditions.

AriTheDog
Jul 29, 2003
Famously tasty.
If you only own cars two or three years you should be more concerned about that cost than the cost of tires.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Michael Scott posted:

Ugh, another set of wheels is another $200+ upfront cost, but I guess it saves you the balancing each year. For me, if I only own cars 2 or 3 years, it's a significant cost. The extra wheels and tires won't be considered by most potential buyers as added value.

What I'm wondering is if all that hullabaloo even would have prevented me from getting stuck in basic midwestern semi-plowed snow conditions.

The smartest thing to do is troll CL for someone who had a car with the same bolt pattern and offset and sold that car and are selling their winter wheels (ideally the same tires). As a bonus, you might get some snow tires with a year or two off life. Generally the whole package is <$300 if it has good tires.

Also, if you car can fit steelies, steelies are cheap as hell and ideal winter wheels as they are more durable.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

AriTheDog posted:

If you only own cars two or three years you should be more concerned about that cost than the cost of tires.

I'm still figuring out my car ownership MO, but I think I prefer to buy cheap-er new-ish cars (~$15k or less used), sell in a few years, then rinse and repeat with newer model years. That seems to be an ideal mix (for me) of cost vs. the value I get out of it. The biggest downside is I will probably be making car payments forever.

I don't think that's an unreasonable cost-of-ownership. These things are the 2nd most expensive purchases people make in their lifetimes so I try to consider lots of perspectives, and I very well could be wrong.

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 25, 2016

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Michael Scott posted:

I'm still figuring out my car ownership MO, but I think I prefer to buy cheap-er new-ish cars (~$15k or less used), sell in a few years, then rinse and repeat with newer model years. That seems to be an ideal mix (for me) of cost vs. the value I get out of it. The biggest downside is I will probably be making car payments forever.

I don't think that's an unreasonable cost-of-ownership. These things are the 2nd most expensive purchases people make in their lifetimes so I try to consider lots of perspectives, and I very well could be wrong.

You sound like the ideal lease candidate. The only difference is you can't decide to just pay it off and actually own it should you need to not have a car payment. For your same payment you can likely get a brand new top of the line model with as many miles as you need if you're a prudent negotiator.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
WalMart charges $20 per tire to mount and balance, it's great

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

H110Hawk posted:

You sound like the ideal lease candidate. The only difference is you can't decide to just pay it off and actually own it should you need to not have a car payment.

Theoretically, I like the idea of a lease a lot. Especially these days, now that leases are priced competitively enough that they aren't completely idiotic compared to purchasing. However, with the stage in life that I'm in, there's just too much of a possibility that my car needs will change significantly in 1, 2, or 2.5 years that I prefer the flexibility of financing/purchasing vs. leasing.

I have taken a long look at http://www.swapalease.com/lease/search.aspx, and while again I like the idea,

1. there aren't a lot of cars in my city so buying a lease off there is tough, or 2. taking on a 3-year lease with the intention of possibly swapping it later seems like a way to get mega-burned.

Plus, I think I like buying cars a couple years old to take the biggest hit off of the depreciation for me. With even a swapped lease payment, you are still paying that first year's depreciation amortized.

H110Hawk posted:

For your same payment you can likely get a brand new top of the line model with as many miles as you need if you're a prudent negotiator.

This would cost more in the long run? My intention is to finance a car, then sell it. Even if I am a grand or so under water, the total cost of owning that car for 3 years (simplified to car price when I buy it minus car price when I sell it) would be much less than a lease of a nicer vehicle.

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 25, 2016

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Michael Scott posted:

This would cost more in the long run? My intention is to finance a car, then sell it. Even if I am a grand or so under water, the total cost of owning that car for 3 years (simplified to car price when I buy it minus car price when I sell it) would be much less than a lease of a nicer vehicle.

That doesn't really matter if you always have a $250 car payment or whatever yours usually end up at.

E: I guess it does matter if you constantly have a $250 car payment buy are cashing out a few thousand every time you sell your car, but if you're just constantly rolling everything forward, it doesn't matter in the calculations.

carticket fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 25, 2016

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I guess I'm unlike most people. For example when you look at most cars on the road these days, they are old as hell on average. And the AI (and BFC of course) thing seems like certainly to own an older car. I just feel like they feel worn out, I've driven 3 cars over 10 years old and they all just felt mostly clapped out in both appearance and drivetrain, even when taken care of well. Maybe I am crazy.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Michael Scott posted:

I prefer to buy cheap-er new-ish cars (~$15k or less used)

Michael Scott posted:

I guess I'm unlike most people. For example when you look at most cars on the road these days, they are old as hell on average. And the AI (and BFC of course) thing seems like certainly to own an older car. I just feel like they feel worn out, I've driven 3 cars over 10 years old and they all just felt mostly clapped out in both appearance and drivetrain, even when taken care of well. Maybe I am crazy.

You might want to think about how these statements go together.

If you're buying a "new-ish" car that is only worth $15k it's likely to be a "cheap-er" budget car that is going to be "clapped out" as far as appearance and interior annoyances because it's a budget car. If you buy the right ones they will still drive fine and be safe, but yeah....the interior is going to fall apart and the general cosmetics will go downhill.

If you want a nice car you need to spend nice car money on it, either for the initial purchase or for maintenance and repairs. Many of them are made with much higher attention to detail and quality as far as appearance and creature comforts, but that comes with a cost.

Exactly what cars have you been buying? Let's see if I'm right here.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Michael Scott posted:

You sell a $15k purchase price car for $14k in 3 years while making $250/month payments? Sure, color me impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Stop replying to Mr Pink; he's an obtuse moron that refuses to take good advice.

Remember when you were in high school and your family thought you were good at computers, and then your aunt/uncle asked you for a recommendation for a new computer? So you spent a few days doing some research and compiling a list of pros/cons for half a dozen systems only to find out that they went out and bought an eMachines 2 days ago? That's Michael Scott, that's who you're replying to.