Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so does your mom after her third divorce but that doesn't mean people should fuckin scream at her on tinder about it, it's not her fault

lmao at 'retard' good luck on your first day of fifth grade

ijyt posted:

gently caress off retard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Good posting today everyone.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Killer_Bees! posted:

I look forward to more tourists and broken or straight up wack codex creep rules :neckbeard:
The designers themselves have said they think ruinstorm demons are going to cause a big shift in the meta.

As for what the gently caress that means, we just have to wait and see. Can't wait to be crushed by our demonic overlords stem the demonic tide with nothing but boxdreads and swords. :pcgaming:

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Safety Factor posted:

The designers themselves have said they think ruinstorm demons are going to cause a big shift in the meta.

As for what the gently caress that means, we just have to wait and see. Can't wait to be crushed by our demonic overlords stem the demonic tide with nothing but boxdreads and swords. :pcgaming:

As a fellow box dread enthusiasts I applaud and encourage this response :awesomelon:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Safety Factor posted:

Super excited for preorder-last-chance-to-buy generic demons

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so does your mom after her third divorce but that doesn't mean people should fuckin scream at her on tinder about it, it's not her fault

lmao at 'retard' good luck on your first day of fifth grade

Shut the gently caress up and gently caress the gently caress off.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
So I discovered a delightful little bit of RAW nonsense tonight:

Disdain of the Dark Age only kicks in if the Salamanders are the primary detachment, and since the LoW slot is shared between primary and allies, the following extremely fluffy list is legal:

“The Bad Influence”
Primary detachment: I Legion Dork Angles

Chaplain: artificer armour; Terranic greatsword; melta bombs; jump pack 135

15 Assault Space Marines: Assault Sergeant (artificer armour; Calibanite war blade); 14 Assault Space Marines 260

10 Assault Space Marines: Assault Sergeant (artificer armour; Calibanite war blade); 9 Assault Space Marines 195

4 Jetbike Sky Hunters: 4 × heavy bolter (molecular acid shells) 190

10 Heavy Support Marines: Heavy Support Sergeant; 9 Heavy Support Marines; heavy bolters (molecular acid shells) 285

Allied Detachment XVIII Legion Salamanders

Moritat: artificer armour; 2 × plasma pistol; jump pack 155

5 Firedrake Terminators: Firedrake Master (Dragonscale storm shield; master-crafted thunder hammer); 4 Firedrake Terminators; 4 × Dragonscale storm shield; 4 × thunder hammer 350

10 Destroyers: Destroyer Sergeant (artificer armour; 3 × phosphex bomb); 9 Destroyers; 2 × missile launcher and suspensor web; jump packs 415

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter: 3 × wing-mounted phosphex bomb cluster 180

Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought Talon
Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought: Leviathan siege drill; grav-flux bombard; phosphex discharger 310
Dreadnought Drop Pod 100

Vulkan 425

3,000 points

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
moritats can't be compulsory HQs and the allied FOC desn't have a LOW slot, nice try nerd

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Cheating is just a different form of WarCrimes.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Cheat better, or don’t cheat at all.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
That’s funny, they will use warcrimes weapons when they think no one is watching

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

moritats can't be compulsory HQs and the allied FOC desn't have a LOW slot, nice try nerd

RAW the LOW is shared across the army and the only restriction for it is that it’s the same allegiance as the other detachments:

It doesn’t specify your LOW has to be the same faction as your primary detachment. Git gud.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Your LoW doesn’t have to be the same faction, but your Primarch has to match the Primary.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

panascope posted:

Your LoW doesn’t have to be the same faction, but your Primarch has to match the Primary.

On a bus so no screencaps til I get home tonight but from what I remember about the Primarch rule is that they’re automatically the warlord and you can’t have more than one in an army, there’s no restriction on what faction they’re from.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

tallkidwithglasses posted:

On a bus so no screencaps til I get home tonight but from what I remember about the Primarch rule is that they’re automatically the warlord and you can’t have more than one in an army, there’s no restriction on what faction they’re from.

You won’t reply to this because you’re Wrong but you’re Wrong :)

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

panascope posted:

You won’t reply to this because you’re Wrong but you’re Wrong :)

I will in fact admit my wrongness re: taking allied primarchs!

I’m not some sort of uncivilized Longview barbarian, I’m a gentle cultured creature of the city.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

:cawg: what a fuckin idiot :cawg:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Thread is really snap firing ordinance today

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Can my laser destroyer arrays shoot at flyers :saddowns:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Ghazk posted:

Can my laser destroyer arrays shoot at flyers :saddowns:

If youre using the last 7th ed FAQ, yes they can.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
7E question: do detachments have to be (something) and then (allied)? Like, Solar Aux Leviathan then a Militia Allies only, or can you do SA Leviathan then (for example) a Militia Crusade detachment (that’s the “vanilla” one, right?) 1 HQ and 2 troops is sorta limiting, is all...

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
The Force Organization Chart you use determines which Detachments you have access to. However, an Allied Detachment will always have the same slots. If you want to bring an allied faction, your option is limited to the Allied Detachment, and, I believe, the Lord of War Detachment.

TL/DR: No, you can’t avoid the limited Troops and HQ options when taking allies.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Troops are the big balancing act in HH (at least they used to be before vets made it a moot point). You can't get around taking troops, so you'd have to decide "do I bring a cheap squad of tacticals or spend more on an assault squad I can actually use for stuff except objective camping." The most powerful ROW tend to be the ones that replace the default troops with something better, like vets, terminators, rending cultists, or tanks.

Militia, Aux, and Admech are great allies because their troops are cheap and useful. Legions make poor allies for legions because their troops are expensive and require a plan to be effective. Going Militia, Aux, or Admech as primary and allying in a legion is also not a bad way around it (you can come up with some nice combos with a legion HQ, a troops choice, and an elite/heavy slot).

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 4, 2018

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Broken Record Talk posted:

The Force Organization Chart you use determines which Detachments you have access to. However, an Allied Detachment will always have the same slots. If you want to bring an allied faction, your option is limited to the Allied Detachment, and, I believe, the Lord of War Detachment.

TL/DR: No, you can’t avoid the limited Troops and HQ options when taking allies.

Ty for what I assume is a response to a schadenboner post that doesn’t actually quote him so none of us have to read what he wrote.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
No one even uses the Leviathan FOC. It's a gimmick meant for narrative battles, not general play.

It also eliminates the general Age of Darkness FOC as an option. This isn't 8th. You pick a basic detachment and that dictates your other options. You can not take more than one primary detachment and this in turn limits allies, fortifications, etc. There is no way out of taking compulsory options. You can, however, influence them with Rites of War (marines only) which can allow different choices. Troops are also the only things that score, generally. Some units like vets and terminators have a special rule that makes them scoring, but troops are very important in 30k.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
List of very bad 30k things:
  • Leviathan FOC
  • Primarch's chosen ROW
  • Vets
  • Destroyers
  • BULBASAUR
  • Custodes
  • Stanyer playing custodes
  • Knight army list
  • Upside down bolters

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

BULBASAUR posted:

• Leviathan FOC
  • Quad Mortars
  • Primarch's chosen ROW
  • Quad Mortars
  • Vets
  • Quad Mortars
  • Destroyers
  • Quad Mortars
  • BULBASAUR
  • Quad Mortars
  • Custodes
  • Quad Mortars
  • Quad Mortars
  • Knight army list
  • Quad Mortars
  • Upside down bolters

Fixed. Next time I have to help someone resolve 12 barrage blasts a turn I'm going to snap their template in half and shank them in the eye

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Then it's settled. Next year I'm working on my Iron Fire list

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

• Space Wolves with banana fur.
  • Miscast resin.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Ghazk posted:

Fixed. Next time I have to help someone resolve 12 barrage blasts a turn I'm going to snap their template in half and shank them in the eye

:smith:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Ghazk posted:

Only 12? How about 48.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Nah, I was looking for a way to have more than two (militia) grenadier squads and a (SA) Shadowsword, I guess it’ll have to be a Militia Baneblade instead if I want more than two squads of grens though. Or pure SA and a Shadowsword.

:sigh:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Can an Engiseer use a cyberfamiliar to reroll battlesmith rolls?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

BULBASAUR posted:

• Leviathan FOC
  • Primarch's chosen ROW
  • Vets
  • Destroyers
  • BULBASAUR
  • Custodes
  • Knight army list
  • Upside down bolters

I'd add "7e AP system" to that.

I do like that Sniper Vets are no longer The Rightest Choice To Have Ever Been A Choice.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Schadenboner posted:

Can an Engiseer use a cyberfamiliar to reroll battlesmith rolls?
:wtc:

No. That's not a characteristic test.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
30k Apoc Battle Report: Got accused of cheating, got mad, didn’t lose my Primarch, walked 3.5 miles around the game table, drank 0 beers.

I’ll call that a tossup.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Were you cheating?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Were you cheating?

Unfortunately, no. The other dude just didn’t think multi charges were actually possible. He claimed that if, at any Initiative step during a combat, the charging models couldn’t stay in coherency, and remain in base to base contact with all of the charged units, you couldn’t actually make the charge in the first place...

He was salty because I’d just Interceptor-ed half his army off the table, despite me loudly saying I had Auspexes in all of my squads. Spoiler alert, deepstriking Assault Marines and Speeders within Rapid Fire range of a SoH and IW line, WILL result in heavy casualties.

Broken Record Talk fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 8, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
He sounds like a fat jackass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
drat, that sucks. I know some armies got hit with the interceptor buff, but you shouldn't be salty about it.