Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Zmej posted:

i've been grinding vayne games. i dunno how i feel about this hero. like i'm 10 kills up but feel like i'm doing nothing still, it's weird. also ghostblade first is sooooo much better than the botrk rush.

That's just how Vayne feels. The only skill that "feels" super satisfying is Condemn (which is incidentally one of two major skills that differentiate a good Vayne and a noscope Vayne). A lot of it is that much of her damage/steroid is locked in Tumble and Silver Bolts, and outside those moments of burst you just feel like Generic ADC.

BotRK isn't a bad item (especially with Vayne's range), but a lot of her early teamfight damage is in bolts and Tumble, so Goatblade is very nice on her early. Plus it has a nicer build path, and BotRK's passive isnt going to do much early vs. early initiator junglers/top laners with armor runes (I assume thats still a jungle thing) instead of globs of health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Goatblade is my favorite rush item, really opens up your mid-game power spike.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Terrible synergy with Bunblade, though.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Also, Hexakill is really fun and shows off the best aspects of the TT map. Play Shaco and buy all the burst items.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Methanar posted:

I forgot to post a Master Tier celebratory selfie.

shave

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

No matter how many times we ask, he won't so it's a waste of time

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

That's just how Vayne feels. The only skill that "feels" super satisfying is Condemn (which is incidentally one of two major skills that differentiate a good Vayne and a noscope Vayne). A lot of it is that much of her damage/steroid is locked in Tumble and Silver Bolts, and outside those moments of burst you just feel like Generic ADC.

BotRK isn't a bad item (especially with Vayne's range), but a lot of her early teamfight damage is in bolts and Tumble, so Goatblade is very nice on her early. Plus it has a nicer build path, and BotRK's passive isnt going to do much early vs. early initiator junglers/top laners with armor runes (I assume thats still a jungle thing) instead of globs of health.

Stealth tumble outplays are pretty sweet when you're lucky and there's no scanners or pinks to thwart your plans.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Since Methanar boosted me to the lofty heights of silver V I say he looks cool and good just they way he is.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Methanar posted:

I forgot to post a Master Tier celebratory selfie.

The face of a man who bested 10 million people in combat.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Shave and get haircut Meth. You'll clean up well, instead of looking like every other Albertan who decides personal hygiene is optional.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Looking like you've freshly emerged from a tailing pond is an upstanding Albertan tradition.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

no don't shave. you'll lose your ranked skills and strength like samson did.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Zmej posted:

no don't shave. you'll lose your ranked skills and strength like samson did.

That only happens when you shave Ap ratios off of kayle

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Mikujin posted:

Shave and get haircut Meth. You'll clean up well, instead of looking like every other Albertan who decides personal hygiene is optional.

Actually we're all just trying to look like Wolverine. It doesn't really work out though, as you can see.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tyty posted:

Actually we're all just trying to look like Wolverine. It doesn't really work out though, as you can see.

says you, i have long gorgeous wavy hair that is only accentuated by my thick facial hair, giving the appearance of a rugged jon snow

i cant post pictures of it online for fear of being tracked down and scalped

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Am I being stalked.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

You've probably shown up on some streams enough times for people to recognize your name

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Maybe you're being recognized as a result of your endless self-promotion.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
You're doing the Meth Nerd clan proud.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPytG26w4ps

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Vayne can condemn into Veigar's E

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Crystal Geometry posted:

Vayne can condemn into Veigar's E

Support Veigar supremacy

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Today I learned Sej's ultimate throwing animation extends backwards slightly, so if there's a wind wall behind you it will just delete your ultimate as soon as you throw it. Tiiiiiight.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Well of course, she has an arm not a gunarm

Know ur physics noob

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
So I decided to play some league of something or other

How does one go about playing with goons, if they still play

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
silversquid is our channel

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
Don't post while sleep deprived, folks.

Maxmaps fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 13, 2016

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Maxmaps posted:

I'm currently a Dragon Form/Statue Form Grey Draconian of Chei. Smashing my way through the game, got my first rune off Swamp.

While exploring Lair, I Acquired a necklace: Frail, Dismissal, F++, C+, N+. Never taking it off because it is both great and I don't wanna lose it. I've had a couple characters die to the Lernaean Hydra, so I panicked when I ran into it.

Made a judgement call and decided to go Statue Form since my super high AC would mean having to worry less about it killing my slow rear end self.

What I quickly learned is that it swinging 27 times per hit means that it basically has zero chance of not triggering Dismissal each time it chomps at me... so I got away with the rune, with Lerny constantly bumping into me, swinging, then poofing to some other place in the map.

Thank you crawl devs, for adding obscure solutions to scary problems.

Same

stump collector
May 28, 2007
sounds like a midseason patch

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Maxmaps posted:

I'm currently a Dragon Form/Statue Form Grey Draconian of Chei. Smashing my way through the game, got my first rune off Swamp.

While exploring Lair, I Acquired a necklace: Frail, Dismissal, F++, C+, N+. Never taking it off because it is both great and I don't wanna lose it. I've had a couple characters die to the Lernaean Hydra, so I panicked when I ran into it.

Made a judgement call and decided to go Statue Form since my super high AC would mean having to worry less about it killing my slow rear end self.

What I quickly learned is that it swinging 27 times per hit means that it basically has zero chance of not triggering Dismissal each time it chomps at me... so I got away with the rune, with Lerny constantly bumping into me, swinging, then poofing to some other place in the map.

shyvana rework sounding p great

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
ps taliyah can't win games.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Maxmaps posted:

Wow League has really changed since I stopped playing :v:

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
I replied to the wrong thread. Carry on :v:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Maxmaps posted:

I replied to the wrong thread. Carry on :v:

That was a magical wall of text. Kinda want to post a league game analysis in the No Man's Sky thread now.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I didn't think Riot could handle adding randomized gear and a Skarner-esque permanent lair in one hero and have her be balanced, but here we are.

gd bless gwinsoo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

I didn't think Riot could handle adding randomized gear and a Skarner-esque permanent lair
isn't that just teemo?

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

drat, Riot really needs to scale back on adding minigames to their new champions

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I love Tahm, too bad playing him in support feels so weird, considering that best poke is w but doing so steals your partner's cs.

Jungle Tahm is so comfy

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I like Tahm a lot and want to play him a lot, I just don't think he's good enough to want to pick in any role regularly. He was maybe a bit too strong on release but he's just overnerfed now. He's good in very specific competitive league comps, but his strengths really don't shine well in solo queue gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Libertine posted:

I like Tahm a lot and want to play him a lot, I just don't think he's good enough to want to pick in any role regularly. He was maybe a bit too strong on release but he's just overnerfed now. He's good in very specific competitive league comps, but his strengths really don't shine well in solo queue gameplay.

He's quite possibly the most powerful counterpick in lane to Thresh. Every single time your stupid rear end ADC eats a hook, eat them, walk off with them. They did beat him down with too many nerfs though. I'd love to see him viable as a jungler again because it was really a blast playing a tank that could output decent hurt. I mean I guess Sejuani is doing that currently but it's way more fun being a catfish frog southern gentleman.

• Locked thread