Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

mpaarating posted:

All of the eve threads start not good and continue to be not good. Gonna predict this cycle will continue.

chill thread is still chill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

So this lex drama thing. It's bad we know, People in tishu are seriously thinking about leaving because of it. Some facts since I was there.

-Lex was not involved in the making of the character or km.
-A director within his corp allowed this to happen not lex.
-Lex knows this is pretty dark but still made the tweet for some god awful reason.
-The people involved in character creation is now banned.

Now let's all play a fun game together and stop being mean.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zarcnest posted:

-The people involved in character creation is now banned.

Im going to believe this and laugh

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is VideoGame really going to have a corp?

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I miss playing bdo with VG. He just grinded to level 80 on a trial and just left.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

from what i read, the corp already exists

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012
Made some wallpapers from the end of the citadel trailer http://imgur.com/a/lnf0i

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Blazing Zero posted:

from what i read, the corp already exists

Anyone know the name?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anyone know the name?

Rock Venture Chill Mining Friends corp

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Citizen Rat posted:

I miss helldump.

:same:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Serious talk: can we get an ad for RVCMF at the next alliance tournament?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

Serious talk: can we get an ad for RVCMF at the next alliance tournament?

If it's still around I'd do one.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Fureil posted:

Since I always seem to have more questions than answers...

Damnation vs Absolution?
Claymore vs Sleipnir?

How useful are they? Is one or the other used more?
Edit: I guess that aside from their links I don't understand their role in a fleet. The trailer where the Damnation goes chasing a support fleet and gets blasted has me confused as to if they are a support ship or damage ship.

ok so command ships have two roles: boosting and dps/mainline ships

for boosting there's only two options, Damnation for armor fleets and Vulture for shield fleets

for dps most groups run sleipnir fleets, though pl also runs astarte fleets. lowsec guys run (ran?) absolution fleets as well

for solo poo poo, its pretty much sleipnir only

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Im going to believe this and laugh

https://i.imgur.com/H0peWji.gifv

Am I doing the post cute animal pics thing right?

Also, I said this would happen.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

CainFortea posted:

https://i.imgur.com/H0peWji.gifv

Am I doing the post cute animal pics thing right?

Also, I said this would happen.

Holy moley that architeuthis is archiHUGEIS!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

MEANWHILE: IN GOKU

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

bonewitch posted:

for boosting there's only two options, Damnation for armor fleets and Vulture for shield fleets

The damnation is sooooo much better than the vulture, I hope they fix this before they go only on-grid boosts.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

In other news as of yesterday Deklein is now evacuated. some 4000 contracts and 500 million M3 later. In total I don't think more than 20 ish contracts ended up having to be left behind.

80% of my poo poo is in deklein because I have never been in a war in eve and I didn't have the good sense to get my poo poo out.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

So I heard truer goons are reforming in Delve :allears:

Wait, what the imperial gently caress? :gonk:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I want to chill and fly around exploring in a pretty space game, and occasionally play the market and maybe scam some people, without a serious time investment.
Is this a game for me or is it a game where I'm expected to be glued to my monitor 24/7.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

everythingWasBees posted:

I want to chill and fly around exploring in a pretty space game, and occasionally play the market and maybe scam some people, without a serious time investment.
Is this a game for me or is it a game where I'm expected to be glued to my monitor 24/7.

It can be both, but there is definitely nothing forcing you to spend shitloads of time in solid blocks

Aztech
May 30, 2009

You can play eve as little or as much as you want to.

A lot of the ~gameplay~ elements (skills, Pi ect) are passive in nature and tick over while you are offline. Also a large part of the interaction side of things is conducted out of the game on forums and jabber so you can bring yourself up to date with a quick skim during your lunch break.

Goonswarm has no real activity requirements either, personally my work fluctuates massively so at the moment I am out flying interceptors most evenings however in the past I have barely logged in for weeks.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

There is no requirement to do certain things if you are in Goonwaffe for the Imperium. Groon is another goon corp that's all "dude...like...whatever" But I heard they're mostly dead? Maybe reforming? If VideoGames opens up his corp that's a totally chill place. Or if you don't mention anything about SA there's lots of random corps to join, Eve doesn't really take much time investment.

But do join people, this game is hot garbage if played alone.

The other goon corps are either try hards or ran by people who can't even spell "chill" they're so unfamiliar with the concept.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

bat isnt a goon group it's just led by endie same way EXE isnt a goon group it's just led by dreamin'

Yeah if anything bat is a European goonion group more than anything else.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

Yeah if anything bat is a European goonion group more than anything else.

more like europoo #gotem

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

more like europoo #gotem

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011
drat a lot happened yesterday huh!

gsf no longer own a single conquerable asset in deklein
mittani confirmed a GREAT COUNTERATTACK~ in fade and pureblind against the xenos of horde
crass kitty flirted with mittani
lex arson is banned
the return of the king

i can already see our inevitable retreat in the future

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011
where's my boy deadtear at with the whitenoise of cat gifs

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
white noise better than your one note brown noise

http://i.imgur.com/40QDPgF.webm

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!
"our" retreat

Edit: I like that duck.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

white noise better than your one note brown noise

http://i.imgur.com/40QDPgF.webm

there he is

what's up dead:qq:

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

goattrails posted:

"our" retreat

Edit: I like that duck.

I am a member of Generic Elite Raiding Guild or whatever your horny white boy leader calls us so yes if what he says is true even I will have to retreat :(

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!
You mean DeadtEar.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
again idk why that dude and the rest of reddit is happy with darius ostensibly Doing Things, cause that dude hates you pubtrash more than mittani does

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

again idk why that dude and the rest of reddit is happy with darius ostensibly Doing Things, cause that dude hates you pubtrash more than mittani does

that's okay, he isn't mittani

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

They're so blinded by mittens and kickstarters that they've forgotten how much they hated goons before mittani became ceo again.

goattrails fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Apr 24, 2016

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011
and I wanna see the poo poo darius does now that he's (maybe) active again, this whole "rah rah allies coalition IMPERIUM" thing is super boring and tryhard in an already super boring and tryhard videogame

but please don't mind me and my ~outsider~ opinion and views, just post more animal gifs :allears:

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011
ALSO the CFC was such a huge sandcastle I just wanted to see it kicked down of course

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
if you're posting like a normalish person instead of spamming whatever the latest reddit neologism is you dont get cute poo poo unless I have some already in a tab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Daruna posted:

that's okay, he isn't mittani

goattrails posted:

They're so blinded by mittens and kickstarters that they've forgotten how much they hated goons before mittani became ceo again.

im glad that reddit boy agrees though

so basically everything comes down to envy, pl, and by extension reddit since they're still eating that load, is insanely envious of the mittani's e-fame

• Locked thread