Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I cant sleep because im on my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Im turning my phone off now guys. I hope you all have a wonderful night ir day or whatever.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Wait.. i lied. Im turning it off now. Maybe. gently caress i cant fins the power button.

How do i do this its like the key mapping in a Derek Snart game.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I'm sober :(

This does not compute.
I will admit the embarrassing fact that I read your posts, exclusively yours, as if Bradley Nowell was born into an alternate universe where money and alcohol were better than smack, and that you are that Bradley Nowell.

Live large and walk gingerly friendo.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
well I jumped out of my wankpod directly on the landing pad, which for some reason hurt in low gravity, clipped through to someone else's ship turret, clipped through the ship, now stuck on ship geometry

amazing stuff

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
like I think 3.0 is okay if you move very slowly, do nothing fun, don't get into any combat situations, don't try and explore, don't try and do anything complex like shooting or crouching or running into walls or walking on planets

it's a perfect screenshot game

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

peter gabriel posted:

Well that really depends on what you mean by 'exclusively'

Or to put in plainer words, "what does exclusively mean to YOU?"
Or to be even more succinct for our non english speaking audience.
It also has two past tense forms: was for first and third person singular, and were for plural and second person (also used as a past subjunctive with all persons; see English subjunctive). The past participle is been, and the present participle and gerund is the regular being

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

like I think 3.0 is okay if you move very slowly, do nothing fun, don't get into any combat situations, don't try and explore, don't try and do anything complex like shooting or crouching or running into walls or walking on planets

it's a perfect screenshot game

Except there's nothing to screenshot. Assassin's Creed Origins is a good screenshot game. As is GTA 5.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

TheAgent posted:

well I jumped out of my wankpod directly on the landing pad, which for some reason hurt in low gravity, clipped through to someone else's ship turret, clipped through the ship, now stuck on ship geometry

amazing stuff

No dude that's it, that's the game

Thank you for playing Star Citizen

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Golli posted:

The white van belongs to Ortwin.

If you look carefully, the sign on it says "Ortwin's Torts - Pastry Company"

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol all the ships that spawn on this server cannot be interacted with in any way and are missing their weapons/attachments

just lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
why does the UI actually clip through things and why can things clip through the UI

lol

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Have you come across any Sandiworms commando?

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

SomethingJones posted:

MyRadar!

For those of our users who are also PC gamers, you may be interested to learn that MyRadar has teamed up with Cloud Imperium Games, the makers of the exciting, up-coming AAA title "Star Citizen", to render maps of their virtual moons right here in our weather app!

Now users can explore these virtual moons right in MyRadar - tap the "Map Types" icon (second in from the left) to embark on your armchair moon expedition!

Veteran news journalist Miles O'Brien sat down with the creators of Star Citizen for MyRadar and delved further into the game's origins and development progress. Check out the interview below!

!

!!

https://motd-content.azureedge.net/messages/active/en_android_20171128T0140.html
@4:50

Chris Roberts:
So we're not really running this business as a business that we're sort of socking a bunch of money away as PROFIT, we're running it as, 'OK, you guys are supporting us to THIS level therefore we can afford THIS many engineers, THIS many artists, THIS many designers, you know, THIS many musicians, THIS many... sound designers, whatever... and, uh... you know... we can make a world THIS big now instead of THIS big.

And, uh... and... and that... and that's GREAT... and the SCOPE expands with the SUPPORT and, uh... ultimately it lends... letting us get to the point where... I think if I pitched this game to anyone 5 years ago they would have looked me in the eye and said, 'you are absolutely NUTS you will NEVER be able to do that', ah... ahm... but I THINK we'll be able to get there and that's pretty awesome.

Tony Zurovek:
The decisions that you make early on in development are basically, you know, that's the SCAFFOLDING that's going to, you know, INHIBIT or ALLOW you to do more ambitious, evolutionary things later on, but at least for some of these systems it's like, you don't have anything until you've got the FOUNDATION.
I just love CR interviews :allears:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
hair for models isn't actually attached either, and will lag a fraction of a second behind character movement

crobbo must have mocaped his toupee

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

EightAce posted:

I wouldn't get too excited about this lawsuit. I know Derek is standing atop his mountain screaming wrath and calling down thunder . But having spoken with some people involved and trying to be objective. I really think this will end in some sort of payout and then business as usual.

In a odd way that's why I'm hyped about this case. In a sane universe, with a sane defendant this should be a minor breach of contract lawsuit.

But this is CIG we're talking about, and I can't quite shake the feeling that somehow they're going to comic bungle this so badly that what should have been a minor million dollar loss for them, suddenly turns into a proper ELE, with a shirtless Crobbers standing on a table shouting "THERE'S A GOLD FRINGE ON THE FLAG! YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY UNDER UUE LAW".

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Viscous Soda posted:

In a odd way that's why I'm hyped about this case. In a sane universe, with a sane defendant this should be a minor breach of contract lawsuit.

But this is CIG we're talking about, and I can't quite shake the feeling that somehow they're going to comic bungle this so badly that what should have been a minor million dollar loss for them, suddenly turns into a proper ELE, with a shirtless Crobbers standing on a table shouting "THERE'S A GOLD FRINGE ON THE FLAG! YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY UNDER UUE LAW".

:same:

One thing to note though that's there's always more and its always worse.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Chris Roberts is the infamous NIGERIAN PRINCE

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
It would be absolutely hilarious if Crytek hired Skadden and has nothing on the lawsuit (though logically its hard to defend this notion) and settles with CIG. But I doubt a company like Skadden would be in for peanuts.

Like the goon a few pages back said, this is just a battering ram.

mrchinchin25
Apr 14, 2012

Dat BDSSE

Rugganovich posted:

If you look carefully, the sign on it says "Ortwin's Torts - Pastry Company"

Wait a minute...

Ortwin...
Tortwin....

Aha!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

EminusSleepus posted:

Chris Roberts is the infamous NIGERIAN PRINCE

The Nigerian Prince of Bel Air

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

no_recall posted:

It would be absolutely hilarious if Crytek hired Skadden and has nothing on the lawsuit (though logically its hard to defend this notion) and settles with CIG. But I doubt a company like Skadden would be in for peanuts.

Like the goon a few pages back said, this is just a battering ram.

We all knew that the initial submission wouldn't destroy CIG, only someone who doesn't understand lawsuit development would think that. Once lawsuit 3.1 lands on 9 February and layers on the legal fidelity, that'll be the REAL ele.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/O1SdCfD.gifv

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

3.0 is... very... fun... combat situations... shooting or crouching... or walking on planets

it's a perfect... game
Don't mind me, just putting together a quote for the back of the box. Maybe add something like "Even the harshest critics of the game are raving about 3.0!"

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
The lawsuit is in prealpha stage. Nothing to see here.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

star citizen good?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Viscous Soda posted:

They hired a comedy lawyer, deep down in your heart you know exactly how this is going to play out

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Exposition Blvd. Perfect.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

TheAgent posted:

hair for models isn't actually attached either, and will lag a fraction of a second behind character movement

crobbo must have mocaped his toupee

What is it with objects lagging behind other objects in this $1.8m game engine?

None of the Crytek engineers or Amazon techs figured this out?

And if the engine was only guaranteed to work as documented doesn't that mean it doesn't support planets or spaceships so what the gently caress use is Crytek or Amazon support to you anyway?

Hi this is Bob, I'm your Lumberyard tech support dude how in the gently caress can I help you today?

Oh hi Bob, I hope you are doing great, listen, we can't get our spaceships to stay attached to any of our moons in your fps shooter engine

Ok I'm going to give you the phone number of the Unity people because you are a retard

Did Crytek stop supporting CIG before the end of the support term (Dec 2018) because what CIG did with the engine made it:

1. Unsupportable
2. Beyond economic repair

Did the Star Citizen project prove to be such a drain on Crytek's resources over a much longer period of time than planned for or anticipated that they pulled support?

And even now, with the might of Amazon at the other end of the phone, basic movement, collision detection, weird laggy objects, non-working physics, bizarre outdated networking and a host of other fundamental things remain untouched?

Someone on here knows the answer to this and it sure as poo poo isn't Bob

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

MedicineHut posted:

Wise of wisest Montoya weighs in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KBPWF-Llcs

Hold my beer, going to buy an Idris now.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

SomethingJones posted:

What is it with objects lagging behind other objects in this $1.8m game engine?

None of the Crytek engineers or Amazon techs figured this out?

And if the engine was only guaranteed to work as documented doesn't that mean it doesn't support planets or spaceships so what the gently caress use is Crytek or Amazon support to you anyway?

Hi this is Bob, I'm your Lumberyard tech support dude how in the gently caress can I help you today?

Oh hi Bob, I hope you are doing great, listen, we can't get our spaceships to stay attached to any of our moons in your fps shooter engine

Ok I'm going to give you the phone number of the Unity people because you are a retard

Did Crytek stop supporting CIG before the end of the support term (Dec 2018) because what CIG did with the engine made it:

1. Unsupportable

Did the Star Citizen project prove to be such a drain on Crytek's resources over a much longer period of time than planned for or anticipated that they pulled support?

And even now, with the might of Amazon at the other end of the phone, basic movement, collision detection, weird laggy objects, non-working physics, bizarre outdated networking and a host of other fundamental things remain untouched?

Someone on here knows the answer to this and it sure as poo poo isn't Bob

My guess is Amazon also has some kinda GLA with Star Citizen and gave them some money upfront to put the Lumberyard logo front and center.

Crytek is just calling foul since CIG is double dipping (by not paying fees to Crytek and taking money from Amazon)

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

nice of them to include the tickler in black imo

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

why does the UI actually clip through things and why can things clip through the UI

lol

Because the UI is real, it is not faked!

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

no_recall posted:

My guess is Amazon also has some kinda GLA with Star Citizen and gave them some money upfront to put the Lumberyard logo front and center.

Crytek is just calling foul since CIG is double dipping (by not paying fees to Crytek and taking money from Amazon)

Brian Chambers said they were getting zero support from crytek and would have a wealth of support they could pull on from amazon

What in the gently caress use is any of that support when SC doesn't use native Cry anything

Also the crytek support was limited to training and bugfixing native cry code

What support were amazon giving beyond that? Did the ly guys suddenly know how to make cryengine support spaceships and planets natively?

This engine change is all a load of poo poo and I'll tell you why - CIG gained nothing from it and saved no money by doing it, they didn't owe crytek any fees and paid 100% royalties up front

I'll tell you what I think happened, there's been a stand up blazing loving row between Crytek and CIG and CIG told crytek to go gently caress themselves

Someone in the know feel free to step in and correct me if I'm wrong.

E: sorry, SC does use something native to cry, it's utter poo poo networking

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Lovely. Quarterly updates, promised network improvements by June - finally. At least it's an expected outlook.

I hope they stick to it, like they did the monthly scheduled updates the other year.... oh!

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

SomethingJones posted:

1. Unsupportable

My guess would be that CIG asked Crytek to send over support staff to help get them started. The GLA has a section where Crytek can help you with your modified code, but it's at their discretion, and it's a thousand euros per man-day. Sending a bunch of employees out on secondment would have been great for Crytek to bring in more cash, and for CIG to get some people with CryEngine experience. So CIG sets up a German office to dodge the travel and 4-star accommodation requirements, and then after a while, poaches the lot of them. Crytek gets upset at losing staff and the support money, and goes back their contractual obligation of only offering support on unmodified code. So nothing.

I don't see that happening with Amazon. Amazon employees aren't about to jump ship to CIG, and CIG can't afford to splash out on paying for large numbers of Amazon support staff to work on the modified code. Amazon probably do give support on unmodified LumberYard code like Crytek did, but that won't help CIG for the same reasons. And so the game just gets worse and worse as they try to bolt more features on.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

DapperDon posted:

If he does, I swear to Christ that I will fly out there and have a camera crew follow me there.

Camera standing by.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

SomethingJones posted:

Brian Chambers said they were getting zero support from crytek and would have a wealth of support they could pull on from amazon

I call bullshit. Crytek probably looked at their franken Engine and noped the hell out. What Crytek would support was the initial work that they did for CIG during the KS pitch. That would've been a workable game based on somewhat "unmodified" code produced by Crytek themselves.

Star Citizen isn't out yet so they're still bound under the GLA, hell three point oh is just another "PERSISTENCE" marketing call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
If CR didn't go script kiddy on Cryengine and made it what it is now. We would be playing Star Citizen now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhsgiliheP0

The morrow tour looks worse that what was pitched, in 2012.