Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

...! posted:

Found the talk radio guy

idgi

Even in my three-week stint at a McDonald's, I had to make an order to that request once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is it though? He's very close with Trump and he was probably one of the people on Fox who could most consistently reach him when he was in office.

I just meant how verbatim it was. Sean usually hits his talking points but this sounded like a rerun.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Star Man posted:

idgi

Even in my three-week stint at a McDonald's, I had to make an order to that request once.

Worked at Subway, myself. Make whatever weird rear end request you want! We had tons. We get paid the same regardless, and at least it provides a bit of interest to the day. Also: we don't judge. The guy with the double-meat "rib" sub? Yeah, shine on you crazy diamond. The chap who wanted double extra mayo on the tuna sandwich (which already contains an absolutely abhorrent amount of mayo)? Vaya con Dios, please don't stroke out on the premises. "I want it all mixed together in a bucket": cool, we have that!

In the absence of performance metrics, which we never had, order whatever the gently caress you like. Order none pizza with left beef, order a sandwich with no bread, order a Lovecraftian monstrosity for all I loving care. It's not actually more work. I'm here for 8 loving hours, make my life interesting.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Panfilo posted:

Stuff like this is a great way to advertise to people, "I have $8,000 worth of tools and guns packed in this loot box of a vehicle".

Molon Labe always gets me because, buddy... they did. The Persians came and took them. They slaughtered the Spartans and their allies and slaves down to a man. Thermopylae was also, despite fascist romanticism, not a heroic suicidal last stand. Leonidas went into that battle expecting to win, and he very well could and arguably should have. The Persians lucked out by being informed about that additional pass, and were able to win as a result. The Spartans were tested on the field of battle and, as was often the case with that monstrous paper tiger, found wanting.

Losers idolizing losers.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Losers idolizing losers.

Nonsense! Why, in our very national history, there are many such situations to laud and admire! Have you heard of the Confederacy? Their Cause may have been Lost, but their indomitable spirit [devolves into very specific civil war era battle recaps to try to distract from the overall point of "Black people need to know their place"]

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

The Islamic Shock posted:

"I really don't care what people think of me" in that mix says so, so much. They really believe that, while caring an exceptional amount, simultaneously. Cognitive dissonance factory on wheels baby

You would think so, but people like this often aren't actually capable of cognitive dissonance as you or I might experience it, because well.. they ain't thinkin' that hard.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
When it doesn't cause any confusion or frustration it's called doublethink.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Man, the pretzel logic of these folks. They desperately want to perpetually feel they were "right all along". So we are to believe conservatives were the ones taking covid seriously at first? Then of course they brag they were the first to realize it was a big scam.
https://twitter.com/17cShyteposter/status/1788103028828168496?t=qB32RbnLs_8XNr-4svFQTg&s=19
Goddamn dentists, I swear. This is the kind of rants they'll have while they're halfway through finishing your crown and just have a captive audience.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Like there's a reason the real driving force of modern Republicanism is 4chan and other dens of online trolling. Objectivism is sociopathy masquerading as philosophy, and fascism is psychopathy masquerading as politics.

I like to think of fascism as post modernism read as normative rather than descriptive. That's why they've always hated postmodernism, because it's the philosophy that allows well meaning people to understand the things that fascists want to make real, the complete divorce of reason and truth from politics and human relations.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Also, "we were right about proven solutions not working because we're the ones who made them not work by actively resisting them and we were the ones taking it seriously the whole time". Causing someone or something to fail, then blaming that person or thing for their failure is the racist and "government doesn't work" playbook. And the more conservative playbook in general to take one brief glimmer of some of them being right about something for a very short time (which at this point, the bar is so low that acknowledging objective loving reality is good enough) and extrapolating from that that they're all right about everything all of the time.

How loving bizarre is it by the way that one of the very few good things Trump did (vaccine) is the one thing his supporters don't like

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 14:07 on May 8, 2024

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Also:

* yes, closing borders was racist when it was just closing borders with China but not closing borders with European countries where outbreaks were occuring
* no, no one in their right mind was arguing that isolation and distancing would "stop" the virus, the entire point was stated repeatedly that isolation was about slowing the spread and keeping hospitals from being overwhelmed
* no, no one said the vax would "solve" the virus, it would turn it into a regular flu situation which is largely what happened

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

skeleton warrior posted:

* no, no one in their right mind was arguing that isolation and distancing would "stop" the virus, the entire point was stated repeatedly that isolation was about slowing the spread and keeping hospitals from being overwhelmed

Wut

Multiple countries around the world quelled multiple episodes of sustained transmission through lockdowns and social distancing measures. This had the side effect of crushing influenza basically out of existence as an afterthought requiring no additional effort.

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

I've always thought of that slogan as "Moron Label," you're just one letter short.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

I've always thought of that slogan as "Moron Label," you're just one letter short.

drat, yeah, if I was smarter I would have thought of that. Thanks for the pro tip

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've found "Moron Lube" to be quite the conversation starter. Among other things.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Good lord, the fabled Twitter nested reply screenshotted inside another nested reply. Twiter's UI is so bad that I have no idea how to begin untangling this to figure out what order to read it in.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Uncle Ulty posted:

Good lord, the fabled Twitter nested reply screenshotted inside another nested reply. Twiter's UI is so bad that I have no idea how to begin untangling this to figure out what order to read it in.

I never was able to figure that out before the Nazi-simp got a hold of it, and I swear at some point it has reversed itself at least once as a conversation didn't make sense unless read one way or the other.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
We'll see how it goes

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Panfilo posted:

We'll see how it goes

I'd much rather send the GOP there instead. Can we do that, please?

The weird thing is that this seems to be an admission that everything is as bad as the protestors are saying.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Levantine posted:

I'd much rather send the GOP there instead. Can we do that, please?

The weird thing is that this seems to be an admission that everything is as bad as the protestors are saying.

They aren't doubting what is happening, but 1.5 of our two political parties think that it is cool and good

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Aztec Galactus posted:

They aren't doubting what is happening, but 1.5 of our two political parties think that it is cool and good
"They are committing atrocity X in Location Y and we believe that is wrong"
"Okay we want you to go to Location Y as a civilian- because you believe atrocity X is wrong, you should be subjected to it"

What. No. That is not how anything works.

quote:

Female anti-abortion agitators could be repeatedly kicked down the stairs under new awful House bill
'I am going to bet that these fetuses wouldn't last a day, but let's give them the opportunity', says Rev. Richard Kyanka

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Anyways, isn't that what Jane Fonda did, went to Vietnam to protest against the US involvement in the conflict? And surely conservatives respected her gumption and drive to protest where it REALLY mattered, right?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:ohdear: But I didn't think the leopards would eat MY face!
https://twitter.com/WesClarkjr/status/1788406558948458629?t=AD716icvCAaSzWNLoJAVVQ&s=19

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

I guarantee you this person's thought process was "I am white, therefore border patrol should understand that I belong here."

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

PT6A posted:

Worked at Subway, myself. Make whatever weird rear end request you want! We had tons. We get paid the same regardless, and at least it provides a bit of interest to the day. Also: we don't judge. The guy with the double-meat "rib" sub? Yeah, shine on you crazy diamond. The chap who wanted double extra mayo on the tuna sandwich (which already contains an absolutely abhorrent amount of mayo)? Vaya con Dios, please don't stroke out on the premises. "I want it all mixed together in a bucket": cool, we have that!

In my sandwich artist days I had a guy order a ham sandwich with half a bottle of mayo on it, toasted. Wretched but the man knew what he wanted

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

PT6A posted:

I guarantee you this person's thought process was "I am white, therefore border patrol should understand that I belong here."

Oh definitely. You hear the idiot even say, "do I look like a citizen to you?".

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

For someone who kept insisting he had the right to remain silent, he sure didn't use it.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Silly Burrito posted:

For someone who kept insisting he had the right to remain silent, he sure didn't use it.
Those danged conservatives, always waiving their rights around

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
https://www.dakotanewsnow.com/2024/05/08/sisseton-wahpeton-oyate-tribe-unanimously-votes-ban-gov-noem/
Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate Tribe unanimously votes to ban Gov. Noem

5th tribe banning her from entering tribal land.
Her lovely media presence lately has everyone hating her guts.

"SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (Dakota News Now) - Governor Kristi Noem has been banned from the Lake Traverse Reservation.

The Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate Tribal Council voted unanimously on May 7 to ban the governor from coming onto the reservation following her remarks about the cartel’s presence on reservations.

In a statement to Dakota News Now, “As Tribal leaders, it is our duty to honor the voice of our people. Although, it is always a goal to engage in constructive dialogue with our political counterparts at the federal and state level. It is equally important we take actions that protect our values, ensuring a safe and inclusive environment, and preventing further marginalization of tribal nations.”

This is the fifth tribe to ban Noem from tribal land in South Dakota, following the Oglala Sioux Tribe, the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe, the Rosebud Sioux Tribe, and the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe."

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

quote:

The voting base for authoritarianism in the US is really going to dislike authoritarianism.

hot drat

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Ftfy.

E: f,b

MrUnderbridge fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 10, 2024

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Panfilo posted:

Anyways, isn't that what Jane Fonda did, went to Vietnam to protest against the US involvement in the conflict? And surely conservatives respected her gumption and drive to protest where it REALLY mattered, right?

Sean Penn also

We need some fuckin border security! More cops! If you have nothing to fear you have nothing to hide. I support
the police and the death penalty!

No...not like that! I'm WHITE! gently caress the police!

I love how the driver is mostly like "oh god, here we go again with my loudmouth brother"

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 01:48 on May 10, 2024

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

She then goes on to calling her an angry shrew.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1788707839982424556

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

BiggerBoat posted:

Sean Penn also

We need some fuckin border security! More cops! If you have nothing to fear you have nothing to hide. I support
the police and the death penalty!

No...not like that! I'm WHITE! gently caress the police!

I love how the driver is mostly like "oh god, here we go again with my loudmouth brother"
Lol
https://twitter.com/StrictlyChristo/status/1788472277073633318?t=jlKcyywxOLj-QgkOtCQrIA&s=19

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Bannon finally going to jail.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1788939130526724437
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1788939887644701083

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Four whole months of jail.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Star Man posted:

Four whole months of jail.

How long do you want him held for contempt? It's not a crime that really harms people or property. Ooooh! You want him punished harshly because you don't like him!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Time for a Jesus IV, the thread can do better

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

The Islamic Shock posted:

"They are committing atrocity X in Location Y and we believe that is wrong"
"Okay we want you to go to Location Y as a civilian- because you believe atrocity X is wrong, you should be subjected to it"

What. No. That is not how anything works.

Yeah it makes you wonder if they're so dumb that they're entirely missing the point or if they're purposely missing the point or if they're simply expanding their cruelty

it's all three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Jesus III posted:

How long do you want him held for contempt? It's not a crime that really harms people or property. Ooooh! You want him punished harshly because you don't like him!

you do not, in fact, gotta hand it to 'em