Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Yeah if you came to a Dragonball game for story purposes, you're going to have a bad time. It's about making your Mary Sue Super Saiyan and Dragon Punching Frieza right in the taint!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

alcharagia posted:

loving bullshit that dr. gero isn't playable. legit mad

What would his signature moves be? "Old Man Grop" and "Run Away in Fear"? Maybe the "Yamcha Buster".

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Rutibex posted:

What would his signature moves be? "Old Man Grop" and "Run Away in Fear"? Maybe the "Yamcha Buster".

The Yamcha Buster used on anyone other than Yamcha is just a standard punch.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

New Leaf posted:

Yeah if you came to a Dragonball game for story purposes, you're going to have a bad time. It's about making your Mary Sue Super Saiyan and Dragon Punching Frieza right in the taint!

what I'd really like is for the game to not rehash the entire plot of dragon ball for the thousandth time but I realize that is impossible

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Manatee Cannon posted:

what I'd really like is for the game to not rehash the entire plot of dragon ball for the thousandth time but I realize that is impossible

rehashing the plot of dragonball as opposed to dragonball z would be a huge improvement though

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New Leaf posted:

I'm not expecting high art. I want the goofy Dragonball crossover game to be held to the standards of goofy crossover game. Like Dragonball Supersonic Warriors What Ifs? are way better. Where are my goofy stories about Krillin saving the world and Piccolo fusing with King Piccolo?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

I thought the story was super boring. The gave up entirely on having even the faintest interest in timeline deviations so everyone is just "Oh no, (X) is more powerful! Plus Turles/Slug/Cooler is here too!" The first game wasn't great at it but it at least tried. The second one they don't even come up with new stuff just "what if Radditz dodged the Special Beam Cannon... again!?"

Also the use of "Masked Saiyan" is so bizarrely pointless.

This game's version of the Ginyu Force saga is hilarious, dude.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

VanSandman posted:

rehashing the plot of dragonball as opposed to dragonball z would be a huge improvement though

It would be awful

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not expecting high art. I want the goofy Dragonball crossover game to be held to the standards of goofy crossover game. Like Dragonball Supersonic Warriors What Ifs? are way better. Where are my goofy stories about Krillin saving the world and Piccolo fusing with King Piccolo?

On the other hand, being like Supersonic Warriors would mean the third game would be a mediocre cashgrab from people who can do way better, and then get used for an even worse cashgrab from another franchise. I'll stick with this, as much as I loved Supersonic Warriors 2.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Augus posted:

This game's version of the Ginyu Force saga is hilarious, dude.

It's exactly the same as the last game's except Trunks get grabbed instead of your main character?

Like last game they actually went all out and showed Vegeta getting captured and then had a plot arc where your main character gets captured and you're stuck playing as Ginyu for a while. Here it's just "Hi, Trunks got captured offscreen! And now it's resolved!" Both the Saiyan and Namekian sagas in X2 are basically cliff note versions of the X1 one.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Counterpoint
Budokai 3 kicked so much loving rear end

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

wait there's less time cop poo poo in this one?

man maybe I'll just get my money back

e: the one npc in X1 talks about a Frieza Force/Red Ribbon/Demon Clan free for all world, where's THAT in the actual loving game?

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Didn't the previews say something about you being able to mess with history? Did they do anything with that?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Didn't the previews say something about you being able to mess with history? Did they do anything with that?

Probably they did the same thing they did with the identical marketing point in XV1: gesture towards the parallel quest desk while shrugging furiously

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Now that I think about it, filling the role of Towa/Mira and being the one loving up history instead of fixing it would be a fun game.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
TFS brought it up, but it's super true

It'd be great to have to fix mistakes the heroes make. Like, Oh they beat Radtiz too easily- gotta kill Goku!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd play the buy beerus a cake so he doesn't blow up the earth simulator

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tribladeofchaos posted:

oh yes absolutely!

if you complete an obnoxious collectible grind you get an alternate ending

that's it

that's the messing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Toyotaro (Super manga artist) interview about Dragonball Super.
One interesting tidbit.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-10-26/dragon-ball-super-toyotarou/.107579

"The anime is a little bit further along than I am, but in the near future I'll be ahead, so the information will be going back to them."

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is Xenoverse 2 the first Dragon Ball game to have Future Gohan on the boxart?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I think the story should just be some Seventh Stand User poo poo where your create-a-Goku gets inserted into the story like they've been there all along.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Hi I just want to ask you dbz nerds if Goku secretly had the power to defeat perfect Cell but just wanted Gohan to power up or he really tried his best and got defeated.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Otakufag posted:

Hi I just want to ask you dbz nerds if Goku secretly had the power to defeat perfect Cell but just wanted Gohan to power up or he really tried his best and got defeated.

i think his strategy was "let gohan endure enough emotional abuse and trauma while casually a super saiyan so he'll snap and go to a totally other level".

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004

Lupus Rufus posted:

i think his strategy was "let gohan endure enough emotional abuse and trauma while casually a super saiyan so he'll snap and go to a totally other level".

But was it ever implied in the manga or anime if he could have defeated Cell on his own without Gohan and was just putting on a show?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Nope, he states multiple times that he was fighting Cell at his maximum power level, and Cell was still holding back a lot.

I mean, he managed to sucker-punch Cell with the Warp Kamehameha and blew his head off which should have killed him under Cell's own stated rules, but aside from that, no.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pureauthor posted:

I mean, he managed to sucker-punch Cell with the Warp Kamehameha and blew his head off which should have killed him under Cell's own stated rules, but aside from that, no.

They could have killed Cell at that moment, if anyone bothered to blast his legs rather than just stand around watching him regenerate.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That is against the rules. You are allowed to regenerate, transform or monologue without fear of reprisals.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Toyotaro (Super manga artist) interview about Dragonball Super.
One interesting tidbit.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-10-26/dragon-ball-super-toyotarou/.107579

"The anime is a little bit further along than I am, but in the near future I'll be ahead, so the information will be going back to them."

Fucks sake, as if we needed "That's not cannon!/filler!" poo poo to come back.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the dumbest part of the cell fight was the cell jrs. like say goku and perfect cell were fairly close in strength. well theres no reason cell couldn't just pop out all 7 of them or w/e and then go 8v1. it was bizarre that they were like 75% of his strength or w/e and i disliked that even vegeta trunks and goku could barely keep up w/ 1 of them

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

RBX posted:

Fucks sake, as if we needed "That's not cannon!/filler!" poo poo to come back.

It's been going around for months it just doesn't happen around here, you'll be fine

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Actually I had some questions about that. When Android 16 takes off his hands and shoot projectiles out of them, are they cannons or just plain guns?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I assume they are cannons of ki.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

tbp posted:

the dumbest part of the cell fight was the cell jrs. like say goku and perfect cell were fairly close in strength. well theres no reason cell couldn't just pop out all 7 of them or w/e and then go 8v1. it was bizarre that they were like 75% of his strength or w/e and i disliked that even vegeta trunks and goku could barely keep up w/ 1 of them

From what I remember it pretty much showed everyone barely managing to keep up, even Yamcha. The Cell Jrs. were just weird in general.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Rutibex posted:

You laugh now, but when Dr. Gero jumps out of the bushes and drains your energy you won't be laughing then! And then we'll see how hype you get when you can use the sure-kill Yamcha Buster on Gods of Destruction!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm just gonna consider the anime the canon version since the manga doesn't have SSBKK.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

From what I remember it pretty much showed everyone barely managing to keep up, even Yamcha. The Cell Jrs. were just weird in general.

Well actully everyone was getting their asses handed to them except for Piccolo, Trunks and Vegeta. Who were about on par with them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

goku was tired after wasting all his energy fighting cell so the cell jrs wrecked his poo poo a little

Aurora posted:

I'm just gonna consider the anime the canon version since the manga doesn't have SSBKK.

the anime is the lead for super and the manga is done by someone else

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

the anime is the lead for super and the manga is done by someone else

Toriyama works directly on the manga with Toyotaro, and has less oversight on the anime.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Wait what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That makes sense because no way does he remember all the little call backs Super has.

• Locked thread