Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

96 spacejam posted:

Legit or did you cheese? I know it's possible to do it the right way but goddamn it just doesn't seem worth attempting unless there are two other brave guardians on Xbone that want to give it a shot (and know how to get through it efficiently)

the screen shot is from last week's nf

e:fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Came home from a week of travel and found clan engram rewards. Got the raid Rocket Launcher and Auto Rifle. Both 10, so I guess infusing is in order. Did everyone get this or did I somehow win the Clan-carry lottery?

Also, can you infuse something more than once?

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddddddd........................

https://i.imgur.com/ehyyswv.gifv

JorgeHWB fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Sep 21, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Feenix posted:

Also, can you infuse something more than once?

yes

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

the screen shot is from last week's nf

e:fb

Couldn't tell on my phone. Really wish I got that Rat King drop a a couple hours earlier and I wouldn't have to touch this weeks NF again. Cheese it is.

precision posted:

Warlocks Exotic helms are so good I turned helmets Always On which I never do

So far I've got the Eye, Liberty Spikes, and Devil Horns. Legendary Pacific is great too

I'm torn on my Warlock exotic options for various scenarios as i haven't seen or done much testing on them. Transversive is a no brainier for pvp right now but if Nezarec's void dps to class ability transfer is significant I may give that a shot. For pve it seems like Skull helm or Karnstein are ideal, and where does Winter's Guile fit? Seems like it could be good for both (I go for the melee quite a bit). Otherwise I just have Daybreaker exotics and literally zero Stormcaller specific ones.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

lmao

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

maybe it's just me but Crucible just feels slower than D1 did, maybe it's been the maps?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DLC Inc posted:

maybe it's just me but Crucible just feels slower than D1 did, maybe it's been the maps?

The maps, the reduction in team size, and the nerfing or removal of many things that used to be one-hit kills.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

haveblue posted:

The maps, the reduction in team size, and the nerfing or removal of many things that used to be one-hit kills.

is that murderball mode in the game anymore? the one where you get the orb and then slam dunk it into the other base. I loved the maps and fights that erupted for that one, especially when the map was set to "unrestricted cooldowns" and everyone went hogwild.

The new game modes arent the worst but poo poo like 4v4 Countdown comes nowhere near the amazing chaos of the 6v6 NBA Jam with Specials Always.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

gently caress the MLG stuff and quadruple the charge rate of all powers

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Norns posted:

gently caress the MLG stuff and quadruple the charge rate of all powers

:yeah:

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Is there a waiting list to jump from the Xbone overflow into Bone Krew if a spot opens or someone goes inactive? Not much seems to happen in the overflow and most people are still leveling, My 292 lock is lonely.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

96 spacejam posted:

Is there a waiting list to jump from the Xbone overflow into Bone Krew if a spot opens or someone goes inactive? Not much seems to happen in the overflow and most people are still leveling, My 292 lock is lonely.

We are gonna start trimming people who don't play and probably porting over people pretty soon.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

96 spacejam posted:

The NF is actually pretty easy if you don't immediately get on a sparrow and attempt to get the light pillars and anomalies by rushing through it because someone will die, likely a few times. Instead go to the edge of the cliff, rocket the big group at the bottom and then just deal with the mobs, get the light and hit your anomalies. If no one manages to die you're good and even if they do you'll make up plenty of time in the dark room with the platforms. We got to the boss room at 7 min and had him down around 2 or 2:30.

Also if you or anyone has a Riskrunner it was basically made for this. I tore through the first wave room using it.

Getting Rat King legit seems like a loving hassle though so I'll probably just cheese that tonight around 7 or 8 PST on Xbone, add me if you're interested and not in the overflow clan (FUNSL1DE).

Ahhh I need a Riskrunner again, that thing was legit in beta

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

We are gonna start trimming people who don't play and probably porting over people pretty soon.

Mind if I friend you so I can check in when the culling happens? My live is FUNSL1DE.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

96 spacejam posted:

Mind if I friend you so I can check in when the culling happens? My live is FUNSL1DE.

Honestly, even though they made the clan interface actually work this time around, it's still a good idea to go through that list in the OP and add people as friends + get in the slack.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Probably a really stupid question this, so apologies in advance, but what's the mechanism for sharing stuff (guns, gear, bits and bobs etc) between two characters on the same PSN account? Log in with character A, stuff everything in the vault and character B can pick it up when they get to the point in the story that they unlock the Farm?

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Hulk Krogan posted:

Honestly, even though they made the clan interface actually work this time around, it's still a good idea to go through that list in the OP and add people as friends + get in the slack.

I think I did initially but I'll go for it again. What's the Slack info? I don't see it in the OP. If it's private I shot you a message over Bungie.net

edidt: figured the slack thing out aka who to message.

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 21, 2017

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Cultural Marxist posted:

Probably a really stupid question this, so apologies in advance, but what's the mechanism for sharing stuff (guns, gear, bits and bobs etc) between two characters on the same PSN account? Log in with character A, stuff everything in the vault and character B can pick it up when they get to the point in the story that they unlock the Farm?

You can transfer via the app.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

JorgeHWB posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddddddd........................

https://i.imgur.com/ehyyswv.gifv

Sounds like it would've been a dumbass idea to make multiple characters of the same class

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Cultural Marxist posted:

Use a program like Destiny item manager to transfer items between characters without having to mess around with traveling back and forth between the vault in game.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Brine posted:

You can transfer via the app.

Oh neat, thank you!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Sounds like it would've been a dumbass idea to make multiple characters of the same class

Many people here did it - even the thread superstars.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Is temping. A way to reduce some of the grind in the game. Look at the modifiers: they are class based, with 3 of the same class you could straigh delete the ones from class you don't have, so that give you 300% more space. But they had to nerf it like other parts of the game.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They are saving hardcore chuds from themselves.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

They are saving hardcore chuds from themselves.

[oh god, why I posted this. Nooo][Improvise!]

So when the factions come? I miss dark orbit and the red future war.

Tei fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 21, 2017

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Early on people were saying that the fastest way to hit max light was to grind multiple of the same class. But it's really only a little more effective than grinding an alt so I just did that instead.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Tei posted:

The secret truth that gamers know is that God really existed, they would give 99 of every desirable women and pizza and that kills the god.

Humans are a arrow from famine to vomit.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

This is a good change

They have clearly been to the Blizzard school of saving the players from themselves.

Lovely lock btw ABGD

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Tei posted:

The secret truth that gamers know is that God really existed, they would give 99 of every desirable women and pizza and that kills the god.

Humans are a arrow from famine to vomit.

This is some "has anyone ever really been so far"-tier word salad and I'm kind of into it.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Menstrual Show posted:

lol is this supposed to be a burn because like half the thread regulars are ximlords (our pronouns are xim/xur/ximself) and rappo is our Lord.

It was a question?

But I doubt I'd feel good about myself going 30-0 if I was using a mouse while the people I'm playing against are using a controller.

Beat them while using a Rock Band drumset as a controller and then I'll be impressed.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
What on earth is the weekly power bonus anyway?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

What on earth is the weekly power bonus anyway?

the large boost to "powerful engrams"

If you run multiples of the same class, your second and third set of engrams won't drop any higher than your first did

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Mithross posted:

the large boost to "powerful engrams"

If you run multiples of the same class, your second and third set of engrams won't drop any higher than your first did

Oh that's fine. I'm only running a secondary char to get more chances at finding the guns I want. Not far off the level cap already.

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy
My RNG to get a kinetic +5 legendary mod is the equivalent to one of those new account level 11 druids running around in bear form in wow battlegrounds.
I've spent 100k+++ glimmer and melted countless purple mods for zero point zero kinetic purple mods.

I have to wonder if I should just try to do the blue random purchase and build one via 3 blues.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Daric posted:

It was a question?

But I doubt I'd feel good about myself going 30-0 if I was using a mouse while the people I'm playing against are using a controller.

Beat them while using a Rock Band drumset as a controller and then I'll be impressed.

Shutup idiot

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
That's the new thing that I say now

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I have the same issue with my legs, it's still stuck on a blue mod just because I haven't been able to gamble enough of the same mods for the leg slot. Must have spent about 200k glimmer so far. The clan public games perk is a godsend for this at least, since it doubles the amount you get (I think)

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Das Gray posted:

My RNG to get a kinetic +5 legendary mod is the equivalent to one of those new account level 11 druids running around in bear form in wow battlegrounds.
I've spent 100k+++ glimmer and melted countless purple mods for zero point zero kinetic purple mods.

I have to wonder if I should just try to do the blue random purchase and build one via 3 blues.

There's something seriously fucky about those drop rates for me too. I have purchased about 14-15 legendary weapon mods and only got 1 kinetic one. If it truly has 1 in 4 odds then I guess we have the shittiest luck known to man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

There's something seriously fucky about those drop rates for me too. I have purchased about 14-15 legendary weapon mods and only got 1 kinetic one. If it truly has 1 in 4 odds then I guess we have the shittiest luck known to man.

I've got at least 10 of each of the elemental ones and 0 kinetics right now so throw me into the lovely luck club too.