Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Uroboros posted:

AM codex isn’t allowed at Dragonfall FYI. Hasn’t been a month since release.

We had two separate people ask, it's in.

Oh I'm also an average height white dude. I have a short beard and will be wearing crossfit shirts all weekend.

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

RagnarokAngel posted:

Yeah I play Ulthwe and that...wasnt what I was expecting. Taken with some of the other stuff they seem like theyll be obnoxious to kill though.

Where does it says Autarchs will get a refund ability?

mango sentinel posted:

What's Biel-Tan's flavor? If I ever get an Eldar force it's gonna be all Wraith kiddos but gently caress that Iyanden color scheme.

Aspect Warriors out the rear end. Broadly it's:

Biel-tan: Aspect Warriors
Ulthwe: Guardians and psykers
Iyanden: Wraiths
Alaitoc: Rangers
Saim-hann: Jetbikes and skimmers

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Guardians staying 8 ppm is concerning. I was hoping for a decrease in their point cost

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Phyresis posted:

Guardians staying 8 ppm is concerning. I was hoping for a decrease in their point cost

Guardians are 8ppm? A t3 5+ model with a 12"(?) gun is 8ppm? :laffo:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Pendent posted:

Yep. Kabalite Warriors, with an identical statline but a better gun, are 7ppm.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Pendent posted:

Craftworld's biggest issue has been that our troops cost too much and that drives people to play Ynnari so they can pick something better. Dire Avengers are overcosted as well.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

LingcodKilla posted:

Should wear some space wolf apparel to really stick out.

But I don’t own a fur suit...

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

RagnarokAngel posted:

Craftworld's biggest issue has been that our troops cost too much and that drives people to play Ynnari so they can pick something better. Dire Avengers are overcosted as well.

Precisely. I was hoping that they would rectify this situation. We're paying too much for "synergy" or something. I'd say that it's probably the shuriken rending that's overcosted, if cannons weren't a measly 12 points a piece

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 17, 2017

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Naramyth posted:

We had two separate people ask, it's in.

Oh I'm also an average height white dude. I have a short beard and will be wearing crossfit shirts all weekend.

Cool, didn’t realize they had changed it.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Uroboros posted:

I’ll be there as well. 5’9 White, Buzzed hair with grey spot, and likely wearing Ultramarines shirt, can’t miss me.

Naramyth posted:

I guess I should say that im 5'11' with a moderate gut, red beard and buzzed hair. I'll wear a Darmok and Jilad at Tenagra shirt on Friday.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

mango sentinel posted:

What's Biel-Tan's flavor? If I ever get an Eldar force it's gonna be all Wraith kiddos but gently caress that Iyanden color scheme.

More than average professional soldiers i.e aspect warriors.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

xtothez posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/17/craftworld-focus-ulthwe-oct-17gw-homepage-post-3/

So Ulthwe's gimmick is to get Disgustingly Resilient for all units, but on a 6+. They also have stratagems that give Guardians +1 to hit or a 4++ save.

Looking forward to Biel-Tan tomorrow, would be nice to field my FW Avatar again.

I hate to break it to you but Biel Tan no longer has an Avatar of Khaine.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

bonds0097 posted:

I hate to break it to you but Biel Tan no longer has an Avatar of Khaine.

The article specifically mentions a power to make the Avatar "near invincible".

So i guess they found it in the Farseers sock drawer.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Looks like GW is just as tired of those dumb as poo poo "plastic sisters riding a plastic thunderhawk" responses to their Rumor Mill posts as I am.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
...maybe Biel-Tan has an Avatar of Ynnari.

Edit: It’s not quite a plastic Thunderhawk but sticking this on a Stormraven is pretty cool and kinda scratches that itch. https://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=200

Sharks Dont Sleep fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 17, 2017

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Don't give Chapterhouse money.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/741952.page

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

They were pretty lovely about customer service and sending stuff even before the lawsuit, so I can only imagine how bad it is now. If anyone wants a Chapter House Storm Raven kit, I'd happily sell them mine. Partially built, but you'll actually get it!

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Wait, Biel-Tan lost its Avatar?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Broken Record Talk posted:

They were pretty lovely about customer service and sending stuff even before the lawsuit, so I can only imagine how bad it is now. If anyone wants a Chapter House Storm Raven kit, I'd happily sell them mine. Partially built, but you'll actually get it!

I ordered some stuff from them just before the whole GW court case thing took off and they were lovely then. My stuff never arrived and it took a Paypal dispute to get my 50 bux back.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

xtothez posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/17/craftworld-focus-ulthwe-oct-17gw-homepage-post-3/

So Ulthwe's gimmick is to get Disgustingly Resilient for all units, but on a 6+. They also have stratagems that give Guardians +1 to hit or a 4++ save.

Looking forward to Biel-Tan tomorrow, would be nice to field my FW Avatar again.

Ive got to say FORESIGHT OF THE DAMNED is a pretty metal name :orks101:

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

Phyresis posted:

Precisely. I was hoping that they would rectify this situation. We're paying too much for "synergy" or something. I'd say that it's probably the shuriken rending that's overcosted, if cannons weren't a measly 12 points a piece

I’ve actually found guardians performing a bit better than all the negativity around them would suggest. They will seriously hurt a target they get close to in a fashion that is disproportionate to their cost, and you do have some tools to help get there. I try to keep mine in a conceal bubble, and always take the cheapest shuriken cannon grav platform, and then just use it as an ablative shield against the first volley of small arms fire coming their way (because it has a 3+ save and two wounds) rather than paying for a bigger gun.

The new 4++ shield stratagem is really nice too. Important to note that it was a generic craftworlds one, not an Ulthwe one. I do find it ironic that the iyanden trait is way better for enabling big guardian blobs than the Ulthwe one.

What I’m saying is that I’m not going to complain too much as long as they discount avengers, but if as you suggest they’re overvaluing the rending the omens might not be good.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

RagnarokAngel posted:

The article specifically mentions a power to make the Avatar "near invincible".

So i guess they found it in the Farseers sock drawer.

Hah, good call.

Boon posted:

Wait, Biel-Tan lost its Avatar?

When the craftworld was fractured as far as I know.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Can't they just pop another exarch in the microwave and get a new one?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

bonds0097 posted:

When the craftworld was fractured as far as I know.

But then they found a spare Avatar in the debris of Biel-Tan's attic

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Giant Isopod posted:

Can't they just pop another exarch in the microwave and get a new one?

My understanding was they lost the armor/shell. From what I've read in Black Library, the actual person they sacrifice to the avatar pretty much burns out after a single battle and then they have to kill another poor aspect warrior.

xtothez posted:

But then they found a spare Avatar in the debris of Biel-Tan's attic

Sure, why not. God knows what you'd find in my attic, some avatar of khaine armor seems reasonable.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

bonds0097 posted:

My understanding was they lost the armor/shell. From what I've read in Black Library, the actual person they sacrifice to the avatar pretty much burns out after a single battle and then they have to kill another poor aspect warrior.

Sure, why not. God knows what you'd find in my attic, some avatar of khaine armor seems reasonable.

Weren't you guys paying attention? Khaine came out from under the ring just last night.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I have never actually seen any actual elder infantry in person, are any of them actually good and if so do people avoid them due to the curse of finecast?

R0ckfish fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 17, 2017

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Since they're giving rules to all the various subfactions, has there ever been any indication as to what the various Hive Fleets specialize in? Obviously we're not going to know for sure until the Codex comes out but I didn't know if in the past there's been anything saying that Hive Fleet Snagglepuss has always favored Genestealers or whatever.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
very much hoping that one of the hivefleets is named Snagglepuss now, since they're going to run out of synonyms for "Behemoth" p quick

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

TheChirurgeon posted:

very much hoping that one of the hivefleets is named Snagglepuss now, since they're going to run out of synonyms for "Behemoth" p quick

Hive Fleet Your Mom ?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

PantsOptional posted:

Since they're giving rules to all the various subfactions, has there ever been any indication as to what the various Hive Fleets specialize in? Obviously we're not going to know for sure until the Codex comes out but I didn't know if in the past there's been anything saying that Hive Fleet Snagglepuss has always favored Genestealers or whatever.

I can't remember specifics off the top of my head, but yes. It depends on the world they're on and what they're facing. Worlds with tons of strongholds will favor Carnifexes, for example. I imagine each Hive Fleet will favor a particular style.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

TheChirurgeon posted:

There's really no other possible name for my hot pink Nids now, is there?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Giant Isopod posted:

Hive Fleet Your Mom ?

ANAmal did once tell me that she was so fat she Cast a Shadow In the Warp

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

TheChirurgeon posted:

ANAmal did once tell me that she was so fat she Cast a Shadow In the Warp

But then I reminded him that his mother was so fat, her high school nickname was "The Great Devourer"

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

R0ckfish posted:

I have never actually seen any actual elder infantry in person, are any of them actually good and if so do people avoid them due to the curse of finecast?

Guardians are plastic and, while not as bad as everyone says (as I argued above), a little overcosted.

Dire avengers are plastic but absurdly, stupidly, what were they even thinking levels of overcosted.

Everything else is resin(newer)/metal (if you have older ones). I’ve run rangers, fire dragons, swooping hawks and dark reapers in the new edition, all of which are playable units. On paper, warp spiders look good, banshees and scorpions a bit more maybe.

So in summary, all the plastics are varying levels of overcosted, everything else might be course of finecast.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Eagerly hoping for Hive Fleet Charybdis or something equally not-Behemoth-synonyn.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Pendent posted:

I have some bad news about Genestealer Cult Acolyte Hybrids.

Strobe posted:

Eagerly hoping for Hive Fleet Charybdis or something equally not-Behemoth-synonyn.

Hive Fleet Dägon :colbert:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Hencoe posted:

So a day and a half of scrubbing later and my monument to hubris and excess is finally ready..... to be trimmed and sanded.
Weapons

Body

Is this a 3 x 6 foot folding table? Cause if it is... :eek:

Phyresis posted:

make a video of yourself smashing all the pieces with a hammer and upload it to youtube
It would almost be worth groupfunding the $450 for a Chinacast Warlord just to see the outrage something like this would provoke. I still have fond memories of the DKoK videos...

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

berzerkmonkey posted:

It would almost be worth groupfunding the $450 for a Chinacast Warlord just to see the outrage something like this would provoke. I still have fond memories of the DKoK videos...

They're a bit more than that, but it might be worth it for the :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Guardians get obj secured an look like a pain to remove off a point in cover especially combining psychic powers. One of those things that nerds to be seen when the whole codex drops especially if anything else goes up or down in points.