Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

socialsecurity posted:

Yeah it's good that nobody here made that take because that would suck.
that was their point and the continuation of the discussion of the allegations that j3 made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
The concept that everyone of all classes must be under the same law is almost the definition of liberalism going back to the Magna Carta much less the American and French Revolutions.

So, coming in the the hot take that a guy who was pardoned for serious crimes because of his political connections need not be punished for literally ignoring his legal requirements and any attempt to do so would be fascism is absolute absurdism. A man who still has not faced punishment and likely will have another years worth, or more, of appeals to protect him until another bought of political favors can again excuse all his actions due to the huge amount of process the system, unfairly, affords rich people.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 12, 2024

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Jesus III posted:

Haha, you think I'm conservative because I don't agree with your fascism. Freepers calling out RINOs.

This is the stupidest loving post on this site. A site where boeing was being defended. If you actually know what fascism means I'll eat a bowl of poo poo.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Dpulex posted:

This is the stupidest loving post on this site. A site where boeing was being defended. If you actually know what fascism means I'll eat a bowl of poo poo.

:toxx:

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Froghammer posted:

"People wanting Steve Bannon to go to jail for his many crimes is fascism" is a hell of a take

I didn't say that at all. Facists said I did. All I said is that wishing for unjust sentences on your enemies is fascism and fascists manipulated my words for their humor.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Murgos posted:

The concept that everyone of all classes must be under the same law is almost the definition of liberalism going back to the Magna Carta much less the American and French Revolutions.

So, coming in the the hot take that a guy who was pardoned for serious crimes because of his political connections need not be punished for literally ignoring his legal requirements and any attempt to do so would be fascism is absolute absurdism. A man who still has not faced punishment and likely will have another years worth, or more, of appeals to protect him until another bought of political favors can again excuse all his actions due to the huge amount of process the system, unfairly, affords rich people.

Never said he didn't deserve punishment. You lie like Trump. I said he got a fair punishments. Only fascists want punushments for crimes people weren't convicted for.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Dpulex posted:

Eat one then, fascist

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Jesus III posted:

Never said he didn't deserve punishment. You lie like Trump. I said he got a fair punishments. Only fascists want punushments for crimes people weren't convicted for.

So, you’re just quibbling about the bill then? You think someone didn’t add up the taxes right or ordered an extra beer and it’s off a couple of cents and so we’re all fascists and you’re the pure hearted souls looking out for the abused?

Lol, what a farce.

Edit: you still haven’t addressed the factual findings in the sentencing order while telling everyone they’re being so unfair to Bannon.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 12, 2024

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Murgos posted:

So, you’re just quibbling about the bill then? You think someone didn’t add up the taxes right and it’s off a couple of cents and so we’re all fascists and you’re the pure hearted souls looking out for the abused?

Lol, what a farce.

No, I think complaining about someone getting a fair sentence just because you don't like them or for crimes they were convicted for is fascism. Insulting me over and over because you don't like my opinion is stupid

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Jesus III posted:

No, I think complaining about someone getting a fair sentence just because you don't like them or for crimes they were convicted for is fascism. Insulting me over and over because you don't like my opinion is stupid

That’s not what you’ve been saying. You’ve been clearly saying Bannon was over sentenced.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Murgos posted:

That’s not what you’ve been saying. You’ve been clearly saying Bannon was over sentenced.

Nope. Show me a quote.

Just went back and looked. I've never said anything about how long his sentence should be. I just was questioning why someone wanted it longer.

I only started calling people fascists after people mocked me.

This place is leftist Freep. The only reason lots of the really crazy people here aren't worse is because of good modding. You guys don't want different opinions or disagreement, you just want to give each other handies.

Jesus III fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 12, 2024

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Jesus III posted:

Nope. Show me a quote.

Jesus III posted:

You guys love harsh sentences for people you hate. You don't love justice, you love vengeance.

What do you think would be fair? Remember, all he did was refuse to talk to Congress. He didn't steal your Magic cards.

This is you stating that you think 4 months is a harsh sentence and that people here are reveling in it because of their desire for vengeance.

One person commented, “four whole months” and your response is that every poster is a fascist and you think your on the logical side of this tantrum? LOL.

E:

Jesus III posted:

https://www.justice.gov/archives/jm...is%20unlimited.

He got 2/3 of the max as a first time offender.

This is you stating implying that 2/3rds of the max for a first time offender is improper.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 12, 2024

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Sorry, double

Jesus III fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 12, 2024

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Jesus III posted:

Nope, I said he got 2/3 max and that the guy wanted harsh sentences. Never said how long I wanted. I pointed out that theax he could get is 6 because it's not much longer than 4. I don't care if he gets 6 or 4. They both seem fair. Literally no one here has answered what they think his sentence should be.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
This is a boring gimmick.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Zesty posted:

I had quit talking about until people started lying about me.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Jesus III posted:

This guy is running a bit. This is a bit.

I know we don't and shouldn't call out the kayfabe when we see it on the screen, but y'all are getting off track on the RWM thread and the lurkers don't come here for any of that.

How about we discuss how Fox is trying very hard to remove RFK Jr as a potential vote would-be Trump supporters can pivot toward.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/flashback-rfk-jr-praised-chinas-organ-harvesting-threats-meet-climate-goals

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Jesus III posted:

Nobody is surrounding you on their backs. Your core muscles are too weak to support you and your claims of reclining are naught but excuses!

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Zesty posted:

Yeah I'm pretty ready for jesus iv now.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Kavros posted:

Yeah I'm pretty ready for jesus iv now.

That's like the third time someone has said that. I think twice in this thread. So trendy! You guys do bar mitzvahs?

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Dirk the Average posted:

Nobody is surrounding you on their backs. Your core muscles are too weak to support you and your claims of reclining are naught but excuses!

Huh? Some nerd show you watch?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

gotta say folks, Jesus III was by far the weakest of the trilogy.

EDIT: mods please forcibly rename him "Jesus: Tokyo Drift"

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

gotta say folks, Jesus III was by far the weakest of the trilogy.

EDIT: mods please forcibly rename him "Jesus: Tokyo Drift"

And the hits keep coming.

Five Year Plan
Feb 18, 2009
it’s because your gimmick sucks and nobody likes you :ssh:

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
What gimmick? If you don't like me, you're just a moron on the internet, why would I care?

Also, aren't you supposed to take me seriously. I'm serious, I don't think 4-6 months for someone who didn't want to talk to congress is bad for contempt. No one here will tell me what they think is fair or even why.

You can officially turn this into the poo poo on Jesus III thread if you want. Please change the title to something I said so that I can show my friend that I have two titles in D&D. I'm 've said my peace and am done. I mean, I'm done posting on this topic. I'll still comment in the future and I'll keep reading. Keep up the insults! You must feel clever insulting someone you don't know!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
I apologize, everyone. He was supposed to already be on probation before this happened but we were too slow getting through reports. He's now forumbanned.

Five Year Plan
Feb 18, 2009
All right. I’ll be as dumb as you and take the bait.

It seems to me that others in the thread who are complaining about Bannon “only” getting four months for contempt of congress are frustrated that worse things aren’t happening to somebody as loathsome as that. (And if you personally don’t find Steve fukken Bannon to be about as repulsive a political figure as can be, then I think there’s just very little hope of having any real discussion about the issue in this particular thread and forum…) It’s just perfectly understandable human disappointment that somebody whose entire thing is about publicly advocating for and working towards making our civil institutions less effective, less fair, and more cruel isn’t seeing harsher comeuppance. For what it’s worth, I think your argument (as I understand it) that “what kind of specific sentence for the specific crime of contempt of congress do you think would be fair” is a valid question! People are disappointed in this outcome in the karmic sense and you’re asking about it in the legalistic sense. It’s important to keep that in perspective on a forum about understanding and debating others’ perspectives.

Then, instead of trying to refocus your argument or interrogate where the people disagreeing with you are coming from, you just declare that obviously anybody who doesn’t see it your way is the Real Fascist. It’s exactly the kind of faux “argument” Trump would make, and it’s why people (including me!) are making fun of you.

e: now I feel extra dumb for taking time out of my one wild and precious life to write this

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Five Year Plan posted:

e: now I feel extra dumb for taking time out of my one wild and precious life to write this

serves you right

i don't have much right wing media to offer today. just mailer after mailer about why i shouldn't vote for a liberal Brown woman in our local election.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i'm sad that ol' j3sus didn't have the time in his busy schedule to answer my questions before getting the boot. oh well, i guess we'll never know what south american countries he was racist against :sigh:

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow
Narrator voice: it was all of them

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Lazy_Liberal posted:

serves you right

i don't have much right wing media to offer today. just mailer after mailer about why i shouldn't vote for a liberal Brown woman in our local election.
The ones I get are mostly about Radical Left Democrats wanting to do things that are either made-up entirely or very disappointingly mild for the radical left. Of course the tone is always angry

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
That guy didn't seem very Jesus like at all

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

A giant tv broadcasting newsmax at the car repair shop, and the show is called American Agenda but it’s all over the place, it’s like having a stroke in the middle of whatever point it’s trying to make.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Nonsense posted:

A giant tv broadcasting newsmax at the car repair shop, and the show is called American Agenda but it’s all over the place, it’s like having a stroke in the middle of whatever point it’s trying to make.

At least it knows its target audience

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Conservative teacher gets fired, conservatives in the replies are outraged this teacher got "canceled" for what they consider critical thinking.
https://twitter.com/WTSmith17/status/1790081368040305010?t=Qe7KK5XAGaIDLYWgd1kd1w&s=19
This was the guy they said got some sick burn on a student who said JK Rowling was transphobic. I guess because the kid didn't have some massive PowerPoint presentation that very moment presenting all the irrefutable evidence that she was, in fact transphobic. So by challenging it, the teacher was somehow able to prove the kid was manipulated into just blindly believing it to be true?

Look forward to the next Jordan Peterson, folks.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Looks like he landed on his feet *scrolls the tiniest bit on that account* podcasting about Helldivers 2 with Side Scrollers? Lol ok mister 'secret scholar'

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I have come here to lie about Jesus III and chew bubblegum, and I’m all out of bubblegum

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Looks like y'all didn't need Jesus after all (laudatory).

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Roger Stone tried to pass off a photo of Brazil as a Wildwood, NJ Trump rally

https://www.yahoo.com/news/roger-stone-blasted-claiming-90s-175846314.html

https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/1789706301578022980

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
tbh, even Don himself shouldnt want to live in a world where 40 000 people want to willing go to NJ