Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

pasta kidney stone did you

(i hope you are ok ilbsm :ohdear:)

I'm ok thx

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Did you get to keep it?

I sure did, I had to pee into a filter so I could get it

redshirt posted:

You made a rock!

You bet I did buddy :respek:

Not as fun as you might imagine

Escape From Noise posted:

Malt vinegar on fries is very good.

Mrs Beer loves it, me not so much

E:

ilovebeersooomuch fucked around with this message at 14:18 on May 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Ok 5kpt, DONT FREAK OUT, I had a kidney stone which is why I haven't posted but I'm ok now.

Having had one myself a few years back, my only response is “ow” and I hope you never have to do it again.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

fartknocker posted:

Having had one myself a few years back, my only response is “ow” and I hope you never have to do it again.

Yeah, I had one 6 years ago and I thought it was not a thing anymore after changing my diet but welp

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

So changing the subject, Beer Jr recently went to a metal show with a friend and had a great time all around. He also informed me that he has a renewed appreciation and interest in goth girls. I dont think this is coincidence.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Sardegna

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So changing the subject, Beer Jr recently went to a metal show with a friend and had a great time all around. He also informed me that he has a renewed appreciation and interest in goth girls. I dont think this is coincidence.

They grow up so fast.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

those goth girls are gonna make him smoke clove cigarettes and be a human sacrifice :ohdear:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ruby Gloom posted:

those goth girls are gonna make him smoke clove cigarettes and be a human sacrifice :ohdear:

He'll have died doing what he loves.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

How old is your kid? I love when kids/teenagers get interested in cool stuff/retro stuff

Like my niece (age 13) read "the outsiders" in school and watched the movie too and now she and her friends are debating who is the cutest boy in that movie (apparently they all love Jonny/Ralph Maccio) and she dressed like Ponyboy for some kind of book-character dress up day at school

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DorkusMalorkus posted:

How old is your kid? I love when kids/teenagers get interested in cool stuff/retro stuff

Like my niece (age 13) read "the outsiders" in school and watched the movie too and now she and her friends are debating who is the cutest boy in that movie (apparently they all love Jonny/Ralph Maccio) and she dressed like Ponyboy for some kind of book-character dress up day at school

That's so cute.

My 12 year old niece has taken a fondness to Nirvana t-shirts. I have no idea where it came from, but I'm all for it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Forgot to mention the funniest part of yesterday: Weather at the beach was great, but as soon as you got away from it the feels like temp was about 110°. Then a storm roll in, like 20 minutes of downpour rain, lightning, and hail.

Florida y’all

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

ReelBigLizard posted:

Reached Italy. I have travelled about a bit in my life and honestly Italy is second in chaos only to East Africa.

Genoa was insane, like a dystopian Ghibli city with a million cars and scooters and soup for air. Our ferry was late because it was on fire (just a bit).

When we went through security to board they just tore the ticket and gestured towards the ferry across the port and you just sort of made your way over there, across the active loading ramps of two other boats with no staff guiding you at any point.

The on board buffet is so slow that your breakfast is cold by the time you pay. This is because the entire line also has to get coffee in the queue from a single barista, so the queue can only move as fast as he can make lattes.

Pulling into Olbia, Sardinia now. Nothing to do for the rest of the trip but eat, swim and Enjoy WeedTM

This matches my experience of Rome - things do sort of work out in the end, but not because there was any overarching plan.

Never been to Sardinia, but it looks nice. :)

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Ok 5kpt, DONT FREAK OUT, I had a kidney stone which is why I haven't posted but I'm ok now.

Pasta Sunday is still on.

Glad to have you back, condolences on the unexpected minerals.

A formative experience in multiple ways, then. Good for him. :)

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm doing my part!

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

I'm doing my fart!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Computer viking posted:

This matches my experience of Rome - things do sort of work out in the end, but not because there was any overarching plan.

Never been to Sardinia, but it looks nice. :)

It's pretty great so far, beautiful mountains, turquoise sea. The place we booked has turned out to be a really great find and the groceries seem cheap for an island (our island is twice the price).

Just making the pasta and listening to Sardinian folk music and drinking wine and getting nicely high.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I like the little squirrel icon. It really ties the card together.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

DorkusMalorkus posted:

He's in high school. Has limited himself in his social circle but is learning that he can be friends with anyone he wants and doesnt have to limit himself so hes been going to parties and doing all kinds on things. A whole new world :)

I may have encouraged him to even just talk to other people and see what happens

Ponyboy rules fyi

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

redshirt posted:

He'll have died doing what he loves.

Lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

He's in high school. Has limited himself in his social circle but is learning that he can be friends with anyone he wants and doesnt have to limit himself so hes been going to parties and doing all kinds on things. A whole new world :)

I may have encouraged him to even just talk to other people and see what happens

Ponyboy rules fyi

Notes from a social climber:

Join the Yearbook Club
Play Sports
Help in Fundraisers

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Computer viking posted:

Glad to have you back, condolences on the unexpected minerals.

A formative experience in multiple ways, then. Good for him. :)

Thank you, I'm hoping to corner the US market on bio calcium but I dont think this is a sustainable model

I love hearing his excited stories of how he danced with some new friends, watched the mosh pit, had a political discussion with metal heads 3 times his age, felt like part of a big sweaty group of different peoples coming together to spend some time together

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Thank you, I'm hoping to corner the US market on bio calcium but I dont think this is a sustainable model

I love hearing his excited stories of how he danced with some new friends, watched the mosh pit, had a political discussion with metal heads 3 times his age, felt like part of a big sweaty group of different peoples coming together to spend some time together

Real question (you can be honest): Do you miss when he was like 2, barely walking, totally dependent on you?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

ReelBigLizard posted:

It's pretty great so far, beautiful mountains, turquoise sea. The place we booked has turned out to be a really great find and the groceries seem cheap for an island (our island is twice the price).

Just making the pasta and listening to Sardinian folk music and drinking wine and getting nicely high.

This sounds so freaking enjoyable

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

redshirt posted:

Real question (you can be honest): Do you miss when he was like 2, barely walking, totally dependent on you?

I did once but now this is a new and different chapter that is just as satisfying to be a part of. Ngl, I am so proud of him and I love him so much. Hes better than me at the same age in basically every way. Maybe not as cool but hes working up to it

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I did once but now this is a new and different chapter that is just as satisfying to be a part of. Ngl, I am so proud of him and I love him so much. Hes better than me at the same age in basically every way. Maybe not as cool but hes working up to it

Cool, brother. Good luck to you and your cooler son.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

:monocle:

I was such an anxious mess in high school and I wish I'd had the ability to talk to more people. I mean obviously I had it because I am a human capable of speech but I was so afraid to be myself or ask any questions or do anything to help my social life. This problem has followed me to adulthood but I'm a tiny bit better now.

Your kid sounds cool but that's prolly cause you're cool :buddy:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

redshirt posted:

Cool, brother. Good luck to you and your cooler son.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

:monocle:

I was such an anxious mess in high school and I wish I'd had the ability to talk to more people. I mean obviously I had it because I am a human capable of speech but I was so afraid to be myself or ask any questions or do anything to help my social life. This problem has followed me to adulthood but I'm a tiny bit better now.

Your kid sounds cool but that's prolly cause you're cool :buddy:

You know what, now that I think about it, my coolness had an element of aloofness to it back in the day so yeah, I'm glad hes not like that

Imma hug him and smoosh his face when he gets home

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I became the most popular kid in school, with a vengeance, and it was a whole thing. The Rise and Fall Of, etc....

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

redshirt posted:

I became the most popular kid in school, with a vengeance, and it was a whole thing. The Rise and Fall Of, etc....

You seem to have turned out ok

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You seem to have turned out ok

Thank you

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

This sounds so freaking enjoyable

Rest assured - We're appreciating the gently caress out of it rn

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

For one example, I read the morning announcements over the intercom every morning, and I mocked all kinds of people and processes and honestly not sure how I got away with it.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

:3: wholesome as heck

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

:3: wholesome as heck

There really isnt anything viking/nordic metal cant do

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

If it comes with other perks I'm sure he would be down for it

E: sorry Ruby I forgot to respond to this

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

If it comes with other perks I'm sure he would be down for it

an excessive number of spotify playlists that go heavy on The Cure

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

For another example, 2 years after I graduated High School, I get a call from the Principal, as my Sister has gotten into a spot of trouble (Stole a car - allegedly).

I don't know any of the details but it's my Sister so I show up back at the old high school and sweet talk the Principal into not kicking her out of school.

I also participated in a fund raiser I think by his request.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

For another example, 2 years after I graduated High School, I get a call from the Principal, as my Sister has gotten into a spot of trouble (Stole a car - allegedly).

I don't know any of the details but it's my Sister so I show up back at the old high school and sweet talk the Principal into not kicking her out of school.

I also participated in a fund raiser I think by his request.

i think thats usually just called "a bribe" my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ruby Gloom posted:

i think thats usually just called "a bribe" my dude

lol I know. She didn't get in any trouble from it, so it was all worth it.