Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
I wouldn't be surprised if covenant comes with the level as a rolled value instead of its current set value.

I think temp chains is also going to have the duration modifier scale with level rather than 100% starting at level 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
eh covenant is fine and it's power is compensated for by its very high rarity.

more sources of flat damage are good

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Covenant is pretty good and so is a rare chest piece with eater/searing mods and spell suppression/etc. you give up a lot of stuff for Covenant!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
*wakes up in a cold sweat* Breath of the Council Smite cast on melee kill Voltaxic Burst!

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

External Organs posted:

*wakes up in a cold sweat* Breath of the Council Smite cast on melee kill Voltaxic Burst!
:frogon:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

I have terminal meme build brain.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

In 3.19 they removed a hidden penalty that all minions had for ailment damage, effectively doubling it. I can see them reverting that change to some degree. And/or maybe the change in 3.15 that made poison do 50% more damage.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

To follow up on my post from a few days ago I think I might jump in this weekend. Although I loathe all of the extra poo poo needed to play like the trade add-ons and mercury trade. A few questions first:

What's a solid build that I can start with this far into this league now that all of the dust has settled. When I played last in ultimatum I played inferno blow hollow palm which I farmed a HH with. Currently in d2 I'm playing a trapsin, so I like different play styles. Also, I've never been a theorycrafter myself and would much rather follow someone else's build if that helps.

What extra add-ons are needed these days since it's been almost 2 years. Anything that links in with trade databases, and is mercury trade skill used for facilitating communication while running content?

Thanks.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Poison SRS is OP and runs the league event well.

You don’t need any trade add ons. Just have the official trade site and Poe ninja open in another monitor

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Zotix posted:

What extra add-ons are needed these days since it's been almost 2 years. Anything that links in with trade databases, and is mercury trade skill used for facilitating communication while running content?
Awakened Poe trade is all I use since the official trade website has added more QoL like automatic whispers buttons and more

theshim
May 1, 2012

Awakened PoE Trade is pretty popular but I wouldn't say any addons are necessary at all, I don't run with any.

Poison SRS or EA Ballistas are both rock solid builds that can crush everything and are good for the league content as well.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Awakened and Path of Building (the one that's actually supported) are really all you need for third party tools, especially the latter if you're following a build guide since they (should) all have PoBs with notes in them.

For builds, Zizaran has a few videos on starter 3.20 builds, with Explosive Arrow Ballista Champion and Pohx's Righteous Fire Juggernaut probably the most popular (Pohx even has a whole goddamn website on playing RF).

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Does PoB still need the fork?

Apparently yep on the link posted lol. Ty

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pob means the fork

The old pob is dead

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Far as builds go:

As already stated, Poison SRS is crazy strong for the cost of entry.

Pyroclast mines into Hexblast mines is also crazy strong. I tend to not like mine builds, maybe put off by Stormblast mine leveling, but I enjoyed both of these. Depending on what gets nerfed next league, this has a high chance of being my league start.

Poisonous concoction is apparently still really strong. I still haven't gotten around to it, but I see a lot of people successfully league start with it then transition out of it.

If a mana stacking Mjolnir cast while cycloning dude sounds fun, there's also this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4-4k8K0q1k

Prices shot up for it once it caught on and then got featured, but seems to have settled a bit. You'd probably want to go Armageddon brand and farm for a while, or just make it a second character.

For tools:
https://github.com/SnosMe/awakened-poe-trade is about all you need nowadays
I also run http://lutbot.com, but only because I'm a baby who hates dying

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

whypick1 posted:

Awakened and Path of Building (the one that's actually supported) are really all you need for third party tools, especially the latter if you're following a build guide since they (should) all have PoBs with notes in them.

I like to run Exilence Next every so often to make sure I don't have any high valued div cards or uniques hidden in a tab somewhere.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I use https://github.com/zmilla93/SlimTrade over mercury trade these days

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Was eyeballing poison srs between sets at the gym. How much is amanamus gaze needed to make it work. They are like 9 divines, and I guess divines are the new EX compared to when I played last. Is it possible to get up and running and farm without amanamus gaze?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

lamentable dustman posted:

I like to run Exilence Next every so often to make sure I don't have any high valued div cards or uniques hidden in a tab somewhere.

Check out poestack.com! More or less the same thing on a website

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Zotix posted:

Was eyeballing poison srs between sets at the gym. How much is amanamus gaze needed to make it work. They are like 9 divines, and I guess divines are the new EX compared to when I played last. Is it possible to get up and running and farm without amanamus gaze?

Yes, Divines and Exalts swapped purchasing power last league (poe.ninja says right now 1d = 260c, 1ex = 30c), with the added "bonus" of Divine Shards not being a thing (Chris' words during the league reveal on the swap was that Divine Shards do exist, "they're called Chaos Orbs") and the 6L vendor result is now 20 Fuse, so getting raw Divine drops is harder compared to getting raw Exalts.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 24, 2023

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zotix posted:

It’s possible to start without one, yes. BaalorMage has a budget version on his channel and you build up from there as you get currency.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Zotix posted:

Amanamu's Gaze is 30% more damage but honestly the build does so much damage that it's a luxury. You can get it going for a pretty low budget and scale it up as you make currency.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zotix posted:

Yes.

You don’t even need covenant.

To even use gaze you need five other ghastly eyes which will take awhile

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9xhVLssw7g

the new meme museum might be the best meme museum of all time, the biggest moment starts at like 16:20

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Blastchain Portal is crazy. Gamechanger.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'm glad someone wants to see an all zeroes Ventor's as much as I do.

E: Doc was not kidding about that timestamp :wtc:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 25, 2023

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

One more question, what's the latest and greatest loot filter these days? I know most people will probably say create your own, but having not played in 2 years... Is Neversinks still a thing/ recommended?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

https://www.filterblade.xyz/

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yep, still Neversink's.

inset
Sep 20, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

One more question, what's the latest and greatest loot filter these days? I know most people will probably say create your own, but having not played in 2 years... Is Neversinks still a thing/ recommended?

I usually use tytykillers filters until maps, different ones depending on if you're caster/melee/ranged etc, they're ok

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tytykiller/item-filters

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Aye Doc posted:

the new meme museum might be the best meme museum of all time, the biggest moment starts at like 16:20
I skipped to that and... I have no clue wtf is going on and "we found the hidden sockets!" ruined me.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

What an awesome meme museum

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

DaveKap posted:

I skipped to that and... I have no clue wtf is going on and "we found the hidden sockets!" ruined me.

That entire thing has left me befuddled

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Don't know if this is a hardware or software issue.

Just downloaded Steam on my M1 MBP and installed Path Of Exile. When I launch the Steam client & click to play PoE, the screen opens up on the laptop display. I used the Window dialog to move it to my secondary display which is an older HP24ec that's connected via HDMI. For some reason I can't discern, when I do this no mouse clicks are detected on the HP screen. I can see the cursor and even move it around, but for movement or anything else, it doesn't work. If I have the game window moved to the laptop screen, everything works normally.

Goreban Dallas 2.0
Jan 4, 2019

Zotix posted:

If you’re still wanting to play poison SRS, I’m done for the league and you can have my setup. Need your IGN though.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Goreban Dallas 2.0 posted:

If you’re still wanting to play poison SRS, I’m done for the league and you can have my setup. Need your IGN though.

That would be awesome. ZoticsSRS

Goreban Dallas 2.0
Jan 4, 2019

Zotix posted:

That would be awesome. ZoticsSRS

I can pop on in a about 3 hours if that works.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Clockwerk posted:

That entire thing has left me befuddled

So the best explanation I saw was that the hidden sockets weren’t white, but rather colorless. And white gems are programmed to ignore socket type altogether. As for how they got there? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh, someone in the comments already figured out how they got there:

quote:

that racist tabula is probably my all time favorite meme item

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Goreban Dallas 2.0 posted:

I can pop on in a about 3 hours if that works.

Can you add me on discord? Zotics#5929. That'll be when my WoW raid is, but I think I can probably either trade between pulls or during a break.