Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Play a game I like and get steam bux to buy more rocksmith songs? Sign me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Paid $5 into Steam MarketBux about two months ago, bought an outfit that has decent general camo tones, had 16 cents left that got used during the Summer sale, and now I never have to worry about boxes, keys, or clothes ever again.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

first person squad loving owns. that is all.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think I am misunderstanding how scopes work. I had one equipped on an assault rifle and...it didn't do anything, even when I RMB aimed. I didn't see a separate key for scope either. Either I didn't actually put it on or I am seriously confused.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Unlucky7 posted:

I think I am misunderstanding how scopes work. I had one equipped on an assault rifle and...it didn't do anything, even when I RMB aimed. I didn't see a separate key for scope either. Either I didn't actually put it on or I am seriously confused.
Click RMB, don't hold.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Helter Skelter posted:

Click RMB, don't hold.

That seems completely counterintuitive but then I don't claim to be an expert. Thanks :)

Wish that they would take that short time period when you load into the game and before you get on the plane where it is you and the other 90 players just screwing around with different weapons without consequence and make it into its own practice mode. One could get a feel for how the weapons and mechanics work and make for a fun distraction, just being suicidal idiots with other people.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Unlucky7 posted:

That seems completely counterintuitive but then I don't claim to be an expert. Thanks :)

Holding down RMB steadies your weapon and is more accurate than hipfiring, clicking RMB lets you aim down sights which is more accurate than just steadying your weapon

It's a pretty good system

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Bohemian Nights posted:

Holding down RMB steadies your weapon and is more accurate than hipfiring, clicking RMB lets you aim down sights which is more accurate than just steadying your weapon

Its also been the standard since OFP. So blame 20 years of inertia

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Who wants to PayPal me $150 for camouflage hot pants? This a friend pricing. Keep in mind these beauties usually go for $180 on the open market.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Athanatos posted:

Why are the Keys selling on the marketplace for 9 dollars when you can buy them in game for 2.50

Some regions can't buy keys. I don't know why. I for example get regional error messages even though I can buy gamescon boxes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Taffer posted:

first person squad loving owns. that is all.

i really don't understand why the game wasn't built from the ground up as an fps. it's so much better.

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.

VietCampo posted:

I just saw Chocotaco get down to 5 left in a field and just drove around in a UAZ aiming for bushes and got 3 kills in a minute and killed the last guy right after. ahah

edit: https://clips.twitch.tv/AmazingStupidSpindleWutFace

who are these people, where do I find and kill them

when I'm in a vehicle in a flat fuckin area like that and driving around for all to see, you can bet everyone's going to shoot me or my car to hell and back (and afterwards shoot each other because they revealed their positions)

:angry:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

ANGRYGREEK posted:

who are these people, where do I find and kill them

when I'm in a vehicle in a flat fuckin area like that and driving around for all to see, you can bet everyone's going to shoot me or my car to hell and back (and afterwards shoot each other because they revealed their positions)

:angry:

ive actually done this a few times, and what happens is if you can somehow survive the first 10-20 shots, everyone starts turning on each other. had a circle go from 6 to 2 in about 20 seconds of driving around - everyone shot at me first and then all shot each other while i parked, shot out the tires, healed and then shot the last dude

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.

Verviticus posted:

ive actually done this a few times, and what happens is if you can somehow survive the first 10-20 shots, everyone starts turning on each other. had a circle go from 6 to 2 in about 20 seconds of driving around - everyone shot at me first and then all shot each other while i parked, shot out the tires, healed and then shot the last dude

The tactic is nothing new, yeah, but I seem to always get the short end (of a bullet) trying to do it.

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

i really don't understand why the game wasn't built from the ground up as an fps. it's so much better.

Yeah turns out all posters defending 3rd person cam were INCREDIBLY wrong.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

amotea posted:

Yeah turns out all posters defending 3rd person cam were INCREDIBLY wrong.

I disagree. I enjoy 3rd person more. I'm burnt out on first person shooters.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

there were like two good ones in the past decade so how can that be.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

3pp is just not good for competitive play. its full of cheesy BS and lame tricks that people try to claim is 'strategy' or 'tactics'. its like nope, you just watched the guy for a minute while you hid behind cover and then you pop out already aimed and shooting. its just lame. thats coming from someone who has played hundreds of hours of arma and dayz and abuses the hell out of the 3pp camera too.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bohemian Nights posted:

It's alright for third person but with first person in now they really need to add the option for hold RMB for ADS like every other modern shooter.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yeah I can see how that'd be weird and a bit awkward.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I've come to love third person and first person is really jarring. If you don't want to get shot by guys behind cover, look behind the cover before you run past it, or don't go there at all. It's not like first-person feels any less like a video game.

I hope they go full mgs5 in terms of cool 3rd person environmental interaction. Takedowns and vaulting will really help.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 11, 2017

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

It takes a few rounds to get used to FPP but once you do it's really great. The engagements are much much better as stalemates are much more difficult to establish.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Groovelord Neato posted:

All the people that prefer FPP will still play is it's a well made 3PP game. Doesn't work the same way reversed.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Last night I got my first 3-kill game! I mean, it was kind of like fish in a barrel, that's how bad the players I'm matched up with now are, but it still felt like an achievement.

Creeping towards that 0.5 KDR.

(Yes I am terrible at this game.)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nerve posted:

All the people that prefer FPP will still play is it's a well made 3PP game. Doesn't work the same way reversed.

scale is off.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

I want to be able to see in a drat window that my face appears to be right in front of.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I've come to love third person and first person is really jarring. If you don't want to get shot by guys behind cover, look behind the cover before you run past it, or don't go there at all. It's not like first-person feels any less like a video game.

I hope they go full mgs5 in terms of cool 3rd person environmental interaction. Takedowns and vaulting will really help.

All third person stealth/tactical/action games could learn a thing or five from how Metal Gear Solid V plays.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

How the hell did you understand that sentence?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i have a galaxy brain.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

The scale seems mostly fine. There are a few crates and barrels that are gigantic but for the most part, buildings seem fine.

Just stop getting so close to objects you are trying to shoot over.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lol this is such a bad, basic argument for third person

I had two engagements last night that were so much more exciting and balanced because it was first person and not third. The first was rolling up on a squad in a house, the second was taking a hill. Both were actually fair because the other group didn't get any free information. No more sitting behind a tree using a first aid while watching everything. One person can't watch everything from below a window, they have to move around. First person owns

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Stealthgerbil posted:

The scale seems mostly fine. There are a few crates and barrels that are gigantic but for the most part, buildings seem fine.

they aren't.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
my gripes about fpp is that 1) I'm terrible at it & 2) the camera inside most vehicles makes me feel ill

Is this what it's like to get old? You get motion sickness playing vidyas?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The other day I was able to sit in a bathroom in a building near Georgopol at the edge of a circle with the gas closing in. The 3pp camera let me look outside using the windows physically above my head and I was able to spot a guy running down a hill and quickly ran to the other door to snipe him. That poo poo is dumb as gently caress and impossible in first person.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i've played in 1p since day 1 except when running across a huge field so i could swing the camera around 360 degrees and i don't know what these scale issues and stuff are that you guys are seeing

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

yeah the first person driving experience in this game is too authentically russian. give us normal american-sized cars with lift kits and modern suspension

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Third person peeking is bullshit, FPP for LIFE!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Yall should stop caring that some young whippersnapper is telling you you're doing it wrong gramps and just play the dang game the way you have fun playing it. I don't care if people prefer 1pp as long as I don't have to play with them.
:corsair:

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Chard posted:

Yall should stop caring that some young whippersnapper is telling you you're doing it wrong gramps and just play the dang game the way you have fun playing it. I don't care if people prefer 1pp as long as I don't have to play with them.
:corsair:

This dude gets it. Play whatever mode rustles your Jimmies, I don't care, they're both good in different ways. PUBG owns.

The only thing I care about is people not having their heads in their rear end and making good callouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The only really annoying thing about FPP is the fact that window sills can't be shot over while crouching and that sometimes there's just random objects that you think you can shoot over but you can't and you don't find out until you pull the trigger and give away your position and look like an idiot

Also a lot of people haven't figured out that stairs are death traps in FPP for the aggressor because of the camera position but I'm okay with that because it's free kills

• Locked thread