Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Relyssa posted:

Is there a full list of wonderlands redux changes? I'm tempted by it.
Not the full list but there's a bunch of them
https://github.com/BLCM/wlmods/wiki/Wonderlands%20Redux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Jusupov posted:

Not the full list but there's a bunch of them
https://github.com/BLCM/wlmods/wiki/Wonderlands%20Redux

Thanks much!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Rinkles posted:

Did the new movement abilities feel op?

I'm still seeming to slam even after a dash? It's odd. Am I missing something?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Morter posted:

I'm still seeming to slam even after a dash? It's odd. Am I missing something?

You need to install the mod and the hotfix

Your folders should look like this after installing
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/811945194785079296/1096630567098916886/image.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/811945194785079296/1096630837556039680/image.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/811945194785079296/1096630566905987153/image.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/811945194785079296/1096631778489401404/image.png

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Alright, this helped, thanks!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Really enjoying the increased enemy counts in chaos dungeons. There's 20-30 enemies at the same time

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

How's the difficulty compare? Did they make it stupid hard or is it actually reasonable?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I also jumped back into Wonderlands with the Redux mod. I'm only like super early in though but the movement feels really nice. I appreciate all gear slots being open from the start as well as taking off the level requirement on action abilities. It's sort of a shame they didn't also just throw on multi-class right at the start but I suppose you don't actually tend to dip into the 2nd tree until way later on in most builds anyways. I decided to throw $10 at the one DLC that has Blightcaller and am working towards a poison status damage build, the big toxic rain is pretty cool but it's hard to figure out if it feels super impactful yet or not.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/b...h/1100-6517381/

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

The game already struggled to run on PS4 and the Bone, I am very curious how 3 will run on Switch.

Also, in Gearbox news:

https://twitter.com/gamedevdotcom/status/1697323619343544704?t=NUEBJRgQZ3uREAcliM1tTg&s=19

This news came after the announcement that Volition, of Saints Row and Red Faction fame, was closed by Embracer Group as well.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I got excited for a moment that I’d get to run BL2 natively on PS5…nope.

Dual Entitlement for BL3/New Tales, all other games on “current gen” and run with backwards compatibility. That’s on the FAQ site.

At that point if I want New Tales I’ll just buy it separately; I have everything else and it’d be wasting money. If it turns out that their FAQ lies and they did port 1/Handsome Collection to PS5, then maybe they’ll get more than just a look from me.

Edit: https://borderlands.2k.com/faq/

quote:

*Includes all available downloadable content as of September 1, 2023. Dual entitlement to New Gen and Current Gen versions of Borderlands 3 and New Tales from the Borderlands included for consoles. All other titles available for Current Gen and playable on New Gen via backwards compatibility.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Sep 1, 2023

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

ShadowedFlames posted:

If it turns out that their FAQ lies and they did port 1/Handsome Collection to PS5, then maybe they’ll get more than just a look from me.

Edit: https://borderlands.2k.com/faq/

Yeah I was ready to throw 30 bucks at this if 1, 2 and tps got ps5 features.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
this is their sneaky way of getting people to buy new tales

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Rinkles posted:

this is their sneaky way of getting people to buy new tales

i will never buy new tales

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I love Borderlands but even I won't touch New Tales.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Speaking of backpedaling at the mere mention of New Tales,

https://twitter.com/TitanBooks/status/1684488797445148672?t=07dTVynV_ixncY4NvxNYhg&s=19

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

"A novel by Anthony Burch" is up there on the list of things that will make me never ever touch it

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

:stonk:

I didn't need to know this.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

They've just killed this entire game series in the most corporate ways possible.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I thought he wasn't even with Gearbox anymore, did someone legit think he was the best possible author for this over a no-name schmuck?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Devorum posted:

They've just killed this entire game series in the most corporate ways possible.

I don't know, do you remember the original run of Borderlands novels which were released after BL1, those are on another level of awfulness.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Judge Tesla posted:

I don't know, do you remember the original run of Borderlands novels which were released after BL1, those are on another level of awfulness.

I'd actually never heard of them, and now wish I hadn't.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i remember when they were first being released and even as a teen obsessed with the game i read the previews and realized it was just completely without merit

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Borderlands is amazing in how perfectly the gameplay is tuned, and how TERRIBLE everything else is.

Except for Tourge.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Remulak posted:

Borderlands is amazing in how perfectly the gameplay is tuned, and how TERRIBLE everything else is.

Except for Tourge.

How dare you misspell :torgue:

I think that a lot of BL2 and its DLC was great, not just Torgue. BL:TPS and BL3 were poo poo though.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Remulak posted:

Except for Tourge.

eh

it's severely flanderized and I'm not sure there's anyone still at gearbox with any pull who cares about easing off the whacky pedal

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

i had a lot of fun when the first BL came out but general QoL aspects of future games (and looter-shooters in general) completely made them obsolete. I find it hard to think of a sincere reason why someone would purposefully play BL1 right now other than very personal reasons (ex: nostalgia).

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

BL3's guns felt amazing to shoot compared to 2. If I could have the latter in the former's engine then I'd probably never play anything else ever again.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

there are still things 1 does better than the sequels and more specifically 2. there are things 2 does better than 1 and 3. and a few things where 3 is a clear winner. which is pretty frustrating because no matter what game i play there's always something that irks me. 3 is a mostly pretty fantastic game if you can just get past the story and the really annoying implementation of the mayhem system, and the fact that the itemization for everything that isn't weapons took several steps backwards like what the hell is going on with the class mods in that game??? and also the fact that several quality of life features got scrapped. remember how ammo drops used to be weighted towards the types you were missing more of???

sorry i got off on a tangent there. anyway i vehemently disagree with the fact that there are other "looter shooters" that do it better, i've tried so many hoping that any of them would improve on the framework that borderlands built but idk it's like borderlands was made by people who understood to some degree what makes ARPGs, and obviously most specifically from all the references diablo, work while every other looter shooter just tried to copy borderlands or another game that in term tried to copy borderlands. i don't know if i can handle playing another game with a "gear score" mechanic

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

To advertise the big bundle, Borderlands 3 is reviving it's month long Loot the Universe event, where every week two new planets (one base game, one DLC) have significantly increased dedicated drop rates.

But that's not what I came here to post.

After shutting down Volition studios, Embracer Group is now weighing options that include selling off Gearbox.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Sep 11, 2023

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Father Wendigo posted:

To advertise the big bundle, Borderlands 3 is reviving its month long Loot the Universe event, where every week two new planets (one base game, one DLC) have significantly increased dedicated drop rates.

That was fun at the time but I have no interest in BL3 atm. I was hoping they’d make it a permanent optional feature, or make it into its own mode or something.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Buying Gearbox, but allowing 2K first refusal on anything Borderlands-related, after Battleborn flopped and Gearbox solidified themselves as a Borderlands-only studio, was always a supremely stupid move.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Maybe the Borderlands film will be a box office hit and save the company from being sold to EA or whoever.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

It's amazing how poo poo New Tales turned out to be, when I feel like the OG Tales was legit the best game Tell Tale ever put out. Fun, likeable main cast, great musical intros, good, funny dialog, Patrick Warburton, a couple genuine heartfelt moments that aren't ruined or lampshaded in any way.

Then of course 3 ruined Rhys and Vauhn and now there's a poo poo novel that will no doubt ruin Fiona and Sasha.

Well at least no one will read it.

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Sep 12, 2023

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Vaughn was what got me to mute dialogue in bl3

watho
Aug 2, 2013

FireWorksWell posted:

Vaughn was what got me to mute dialogue in bl3

i think genuinely my least favorite character in any game i've ever played. at least a strong contender

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I remember Rhys being mostly fine in BL3 and pretty similar to his characterisation in Tales, he just suffered from the same issue every character in that game did, where you had to stand and listen to their entire thing before they handed you an object or you could give them an object and then you could continue moving to wherever you have to go rather than moving while listening. Even alright dialogue becomes tedious and actively annoying at that point. I do remember Vaughn was awful though.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

watho posted:

i think genuinely my least favorite character in any game i've ever played. at least a strong contender

He's up there with Lilith and Ava, for sure.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm still annoyed at how much Tyreen was wasted, Troy I don't give a gently caress about but she had potential to BE something menacing.

An evil Siren who can drain your powers and add them to her own should have been amazing at raising the threat level but instead she was just a funny memer who spent most of her time showboating for the camera.

I suppose, on the other hand, she could have easily killed all the vault hunters by herself, like why didn't she just teleport onto Sanctuary 3 and blow it apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

thebardyspoon posted:

I remember Rhys being mostly fine in BL3 and pretty similar to his characterisation in Tales, he just suffered from the same issue every character in that game did, where you had to stand and listen to their entire thing before they handed you an object or you could give them an object and then you could continue moving to wherever you have to go rather than moving while listening. Even alright dialogue becomes tedious and actively annoying at that point. I do remember Vaughn was awful though.

Yeah, it's wild they went that direction when they had it mostly right in BL2. You could wander off from most conversations and they'd just continue taking over your ECHO.

Rhys was mostly fine, but what they did to Vaughn... sheesh. And I'm not even sure why other than to be zany or whatever.