Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Stare-Out posted:

This is one of my favorite image-based extensions, super simple and unobtrusive but you can take any image on a page, hold down RMB over it and scroll to zoom in. The image pops out and you can even move it. RMB+Click resets the image size and location.

The only image extension I use now is Rotate and Zoom Image.

And solely because of the newspaper comic thread where you read the solution to puzzles by turning the image upside down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Quackles posted:

Pretty much. They may be some of the most obstinate and bullheaded devs I've ever had the chance to meet, but they're not Google. And the existence of a browser image that shares no roots with Chrome/Webkit keeps web devs honest.

They desperately want to be google though, which is why they ape every terrible decision google makes with chrome so stubbornly.

When google announced manifest v3 mozilla thought it was a great idea that they should copy and people had to keep hitting them on the nose with a rolled up newspaper before they understood that it was in fact bad.

Sucks that you can't search the internet anymore because I can't find my favorite hosed-up firefox dev quote about how they can remove flash now that google isn't using it to serve ads anymore. Just a galaxy-brain understanding of who uses firefox and why.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Megillah Gorilla posted:

And solely because of the newspaper comic thread where you read the solution to puzzles by turning the image upside down.

That sounds super useful but sadly it doesn't work on ff for linux and has been abandoned so it probably never will.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Harik posted:

Sucks that you can't search the internet anymore because I can't find my favorite hosed-up firefox dev quote about how they can remove flash now that google isn't using it to serve ads anymore. Just a galaxy-brain understanding of who uses firefox and why.

Removing Flash was doing a service to humanity and if you disagree you clearly live on some alternate Earth where it wasn't a pile of poo poo that should never have propagated.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I wish "sucks that you can't search the internet anymore" was a joke but even if I know entire quotes from an article, Google won't find it these days. What the hell :suicide:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I got this one initially for the NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day because they frequently post super huge space pictures and I wanted to drag them around full sized instead of using the arrow keys or scroll bars.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

orcane posted:

I wish "sucks that you can't search the internet anymore" was a joke but even if I know entire quotes from an article, Google won't find it these days. What the hell :suicide:
And with SALAMI generative content, it's only going to get worse.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

orcane posted:

welcome to the golden age of ai. It's worse than homebrew website keyword searches that just 'or' everything together. Completely unrelated to what you asked even if you "" or + everything. Bing and Yandex are just as bad, but I didn't use them much before so I don't know if they were always this bad.

Ruflux posted:

Removing Flash was doing a service to humanity and if you disagree you clearly live on some alternate Earth where it wasn't a pile of poo poo that should never have propagated.

You can miss flash content without missing flash security bugs. So much creative poo poo done with flash that we're barely getting back to years later with webasm. I still keep the standalone player around for things ruffle can't emulate.

You also missed the point: despite it being a massive security problem mozilla kept flash around so google could serve ads with it. That's the level of brain damage we're dealing with.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Harik posted:

You also missed the point: despite it being a massive security problem mozilla kept flash around so google could serve ads with it. That's the level of brain damage we're dealing with.

So? They kept it around for as long as it was supported by Adobe themselves and also while Google, a major sponsor and their fiercest competitor, was still finding some use for it. That's not stupid. That's having something resembling a business acumen, which is basically what you need to survive in the modern internet environment as a non-profit. Mozilla keeps being stupid, but it was not particularly stupid on Flash. Flash was a pile of poo poo from day one, people making cool stuff with it doesn't change that. Apple was right to never allow it to fester on iOS because it made killing it that much easier.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Harik posted:

When google announced manifest v3 mozilla thought it was a great idea that they should copy and people had to keep hitting them on the nose with a rolled up newspaper before they understood that it was in fact bad.

Uh, not really? They didn't say anything for several months, then their first official communication was that they were gonna implement most manifest V3 changes, but keep existing API calls that Google was going to get rid of (ie content blocking and background workers).

Manifest V3 is not all bad, the better permissions and securing against remote code are both good. IMO they've handled the V3 stuff very smartly. Keeping both compatibility with Chrome and additional API features that mean some extensions will be better on Firefox (or Firefox-only like Ublock will probably be) is literal best of both worlds.

Harik posted:

You are super misremembering something. Google was in the lead on getting rid of flash. And firefox never integrated flash in the first place, it was always a plugin. You could keep using flash in Firefox for longer than Chrome.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Chrome had paperflash or whatever, didn't they? I used Chrome for a brief while in the 10s when Firefox was being exceptionally annoying and I recall not needing a plugin for Flash which was mindblowing at the time, even though I was well aware it was stupid since Flash is pretty terrible. YouTube's opt-in HTML5 player was so bad it made Flash look fantastic in the early days though.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Klyith posted:

Uh, not really? They didn't say anything for several months, then their first official communication was that they were gonna implement most manifest V3 changes, but keep existing API calls that Google was going to get rid of (ie content blocking and background workers).

Manifest V3 is not all bad, the better permissions and securing against remote code are both good. IMO they've handled the V3 stuff very smartly. Keeping both compatibility with Chrome and additional API features that mean some extensions will be better on Firefox (or Firefox-only like Ublock will probably be) is literal best of both worlds.
Yes, the first official communication, which was nearly a year after google announced V3. Remember they'd just burned down their entire addon ecosystem transitioning to multiprocess with the attitude of "gently caress you, deal with it" in... 2017? The attitude toward extensions then was somewhere between indifference and active hostility. When 2018 rolled around and google announced that the ad company with a near-monopoly on browsers was going to ban adblockers the initial internal response from mozilla was 'sounds good, we'll do that too'. There was a lot of nose-batting happening at the unofficial plans that forced them to begrudgingly make the correct choice.

quote:

You are super misremembering something. Google was in the lead on getting rid of flash. And firefox never integrated flash in the first place, it was always a plugin. You could keep using flash in Firefox for longer than Chrome.

Nah, I'm not. Firefox kept flash in as long as it did because google had a business case for it (getting paid to serve malware). No other concerns (the existence of newgrounds, ytmnd etc) mattered. only ads. Sadly google no longer has any business except ads or we could use their search engine to find the original posts from mozilla engineers during the flash phaseout.

And while technically firefox didn't remove flash support before chrome, adobe quit supporting NPAPI before PPAPI so you had to use the chrome version and a wrapper for years adobe themselves hit the kill switch.

e: it was always a plugin on chrome too, just one they shipped with. You could update it independently from chrome.

Harik fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 28, 2023

whiskas
May 30, 2005
I remember the first iPhone not supporting flash in Safari caused a few monocles to pop. Some sites were still 100% flash at the time. Their commitment to not supporting it, and the explosion of smartphone browsing helped speed up its demise. At the same time you could download some hokey Adobe flash app from the Google app store to make it work on Android.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
One correction: It wasn't flash support that they were keeping alive for the sake of google ads, it was project Shumway, the javascript-based flash player. It was created explicitly for the purpose of playing google's ads without needing to install the plugin. When google discontinued flash-based ads they killed it off. Because the Internet is only for Ads.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Harik posted:

One correction: It wasn't flash support that they were keeping alive for the sake of google ads, it was project Shumway, the javascript-based flash player. It was created explicitly for the purpose of playing google's ads without needing to install the plugin. When google discontinued flash-based ads they killed it off. Because the Internet is only for Ads.

This was officially killed on Jan 28 2016, but was defunct well earlier than that. Google announced that they were not allowing flash in ads anymore in early early Feb 2016, and started making noise about removing flash entirely much later. The times don't line up at all.

This seems like hearsay bullshit, or maybe you saw someone making the connection between the two, but this does not seem possible to be some official Mozilla policy at all. Mozilla starts and abandons lots of projects.

Like, when Manifest V3 was announced there was one idiot Firefox programmer who was saying that Blocking WebRequest has a lot of performance cost, and supporting the "more efficient" (and less flexible) method. What do you know, that turned out not to be official policy!

I have no idea what happened in the months between the V3 announcement and Mozilla announce that they were keeping blocking webrequest. Maybe they were talking to Google and asking if keeping adblock would cut their next payout for google being the search default. Maybe they were actually doing good engineering things and looking at the costs involved. I don't know, but frankly neither do you. I think having the right answer deserves more credit than the time it took to come up with. It's not like there was a deadline.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's not like there's a conflict of interest between running the worlds biggest advertisement system, and maintaining the software that's used to navigate the medium on which those advertisements are presented, or anything like that.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Harik posted:

welcome to the golden age of ai. It's worse than homebrew website keyword searches that just 'or' everything together. Completely unrelated to what you asked even if you "" or + everything. Bing and Yandex are just as bad, but I didn't use them much before so I don't know if they were always this bad.
Yeah I noticed that searches with "", + and - seem to just ignore these more and more. Without even saying it's a result without one of your +arguments.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Klyith posted:

This was officially killed on Jan 28 2016, but was defunct well earlier than that. Google announced that they were not allowing flash in ads anymore in early early Feb 2016, and started making noise about removing flash entirely much later. The times don't line up at all.

This seems like hearsay bullshit, or maybe you saw someone making the connection between the two, but this does not seem possible to be some official Mozilla policy at all. Mozilla starts and abandons lots of projects.

Lol yeah it was totally just me and not Chris Peterson of Mozilla explicitly stating that Shumway existed for ads:

https://groups.google.com/g/mozilla.dev.shumway/c/4Jk_cIW6U4A posted:

Chris Peterson
Jul 14, 2014, 4:53:14 PM

I created some meta-bugs to track upcoming Shumway milestones:

* Shumway M3 milestone:
* Bug 1037568 (alias: shumway-m3)
* Goal: Shumway is enabled by default on Nightly for some Flash ads

* Shumway M4 milestone:
* Bug 1037580 (alias: shumway-m4)
* Goal: Shumway is enabled by default on Aurora for some Flash ads

* Shumway 1.0 milestone:
* Bug 1038057 (alias: shumway-1.0)
* Goal: Shumway is enabled on Firefox Release for some Flash content

and from the roadmap:

quote:

Goal — Shumway is enabled by default on Nightly for all Flash ads

The M3 milestone is focused on testing the Shumway architecture, SWF compatibility, and creating a whitelist of compatible Flash ads.

SWFs tagged "AD" in SWF Archive

Getting it working for flash content was a stretch goal. The purpose was to make sure ads worked without needing to install a plugin. It wasn't even to make youtube work without flash, just ads.

I'm not sure why you think the timelines don't match up, the "no more flash for ads" wasn't a sudden surprise for anyone, there'd been grumblings for a while.

Again, if search worked I could find the line where it's explicitly stated that it was no longer needed in a post-flash advertising landscape. I had it linked on my birdsite account but that got banned for telling nazis to follow their leader so I can't look it up there either.

Harik fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 30, 2023

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Harik posted:

Lol yeah it was totally just me and not Chris Peterson of Mozilla explicitly stating that Shumway existed for ads:

Getting it working for flash content was a stretch goal. The purpose was to make sure ads worked without needing to install a plugin. It wasn't even to make youtube work without flash, just ads.

god drat that's some selective quoting. from that same loving google groups:

Chris Peterson posted:

Example release criteria for the M2 milestone ("TypeScript Shumway
extension lands in Nightly, but is disabled by default"):

* Shumway extension is installable.
* All Travis tests pass.
* All AVM1 shell tests pass.
* An agreed upon set of Flash websites (TBD) work as expected, e.g.
Homestar Runner, Candy Crush, and Zombotron?

Example release criteria for the M3 milestone ("Shumway is enabled by
default on Nightly for some Flash ads"):

* All (enabled) automated tests pass.
* All bugs blocking the milestone's meta bug [1] have been closed.
* A set of ads (the oldest 100?) from the SWF Archive [2] work as expected.
* SWFs tagged "WORKS" in the SWF Archive [3] still work as expected.

So no, flash ads were not the first priority! Homestar Runner and Zombo.com were.

and elsewhere, it seems like they did have video working before ads:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210512120246/https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/firefox-dev/2015-February/002682.html posted:

The Firefox Nightly channel now uses Shumway to play Flash videos on
Amazon.com. The Shumway team has been improving compatibility with Flash
video players and will whitelist more Flash video sites soon.

Shumway will play Amazon's "Product Tour" and user-submitted review
videos like these:

They weren't talking about youtube because google was pushing for HTML5 since 2010, and it became be the default for youtube in 2015.

Harik posted:

Again, if search worked I could find the line where it's explicitly stated that it was no longer needed in a post-flash advertising landscape. I had it linked on my birdsite account but that got banned for telling nazis to follow their leader so I can't look it up there either.

So even if the thing was mostly about flash ads, there are still non-awful for making such a thing other than "make sure firefox users see google's ads".

Flash was a security nightmare. A flash player that was boxed in the javascript vm would be a big help against exploitation. The reality of the situation was that most firefox users had the flash plugin installed, and most of them were already seeing ads. And some of them were getting owned by adobe's constant security fuckups. Targeting ads as the first milestone was an entirely reasonable goal. Then you can take them away from the plugin. (Plus I'm sure it would be far easier target than "make newgrounds work".)

The god-awful shittyness of adobe's flash plugin (security, but also stability of the browser) was one of the reason chrome was handing firefox it's rear end. The main reason I kept using firefox instead of chrome was that I ran firefox with no flash plugin installed for most of that decade. Before ublock it was a huge difference in making firefox usable.

Harik posted:

I'm not sure why you think the timelines don't match up, the "no more flash for ads" wasn't a sudden surprise for anyone, there'd been grumblings for a while.
By that standard "no more flash on the internet, at all!" was starting to be considered seriously at the time.

I dunno, I just see no reason to assign malice when incompetence is a perfectly fine explanation for a flash replacement that was becoming obsolete before they could finish it. Or a 9 month delay to formulate a full plan for how to deal with a major webextensions API update. It's not like adblocking was the only thing to consider in V3.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
This is bringing back memories of installing Flash, Shockwave, Real Player, Silverlight, QuickTime, Java etc. in fresh Windows installs back in the XP days, just to be able to have most websites work.

Every few months a friend of mine would absolutely destroy his XP install, ostensibly by just web surfing, whereby he had more viruses than a monkey's rear end in a top hat. He could never articulate exactly what he did because I was never able to ruin machines like that.

And oh god, reinstalling XP, with its years of updates upon updates, driver installs, single core CPU with 128MB RAM on a 30GB HDD and 56Kbps. The horror... the horror.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Klyith posted:

So no, flash ads were not the first priority! Homestar Runner and Zombo.com were.

That's misreading what's said. "I dunno maybe some other sites TBD" and what made it into the roadmap was: nah just ads.

The other point you made is fair enough though, try to run ads through the javascript VM and let actual flash content play in the plugin is a reasonable workaround given the main vectors of malware through flash.

In that context "well we don't need to intercept ads for safety because there won't be flash ads anymore, so if someone has the plugin it's for content" is a more reasonable position to take.

I'm still leaning towards "mozilla devs knew full well where their funding comes from" but I'm also cynical by nature.

quote:

The god-awful shittyness of adobe's flash plugin (security, but also stability of the browser) was one of the reason chrome was handing firefox it's rear end. The main reason I kept using firefox instead of chrome was that I ran firefox with no flash plugin installed for most of that decade. Before ublock it was a huge difference in making firefox usable.
I ran the chrome plugin version in firefox through the freshplayer wrapper for years. The process separation fixed so many of the problems with flash. No idea what stubborness prevented them from using the also-open-source wrapper.

But yeah, UB was a gamechanger. I've seen people browse without it and it's ... wow. why would you do that to yourself? It makes the villain quote from ready player one look quaint. Only monetizing 80% of the user's vision? I've seen ads overlapping ads on top of ads, north of 150% of the screen covered.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Either the entire internet has suddenly turned on cloudflare and is asking every visitor to verify that they are human, or I'm getting a weird glitch that I can't google - every (or every second-third) site I try to access tells me click the little "verify that you are human" cloudflare checkbox.

How do I stop that from happening?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Have you turned on a VPN you've forgotten about? Does it happen in safe mode? Other browsers?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Are you human?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Have you turned on a VPN you've forgotten about? Does it happen in safe mode? Other browsers?
No, haven't tried, don't think so but I should try Chrome some more to check.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Xander77 posted:

Either the entire internet has suddenly turned on cloudflare and is asking every visitor to verify that they are human, or I'm getting a weird glitch that I can't google - every (or every second-third) site I try to access tells me click the little "verify that you are human" cloudflare checkbox.

this randomly happens because like everything else on the web, cloudflare is bad

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Truga posted:

this randomly happens because like everything else on the web, cloudflare is bad

https://privacypass.github.io/

Cloudflare issues blind (group theory, can't determine who they're issued to, only that they were given out) tokens to bypass captchas. if you run out and solve a captcha it gives you more of them.

I very rarely get asked to prove my humanity to them anymore.

I think the math behind it is solid and it's more anonymous than *gestures at every other bit of tracking your browser passes on*

Withdrawn suggestion since it doesn't appear to be doing anything anymore. I checked the extension and it has 0 tokens and trying to add more has me solve a captcha for nothing.

I had to update from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5 and it works again, but I'm not sure how long it wasn't doing anything useful.

Harik fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 1, 2023

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Update on my youtube player crashing issues: It no longer does that. I'm not sure if either one of the extensions had an update that fixes things, or if the solution was as simple as making sure to open my other program first, then firefox with youtube second (as opposed to the other way, which resulted in crashes), but it works now.

Just posting this update in case other people ran into the same problem, and wanted to try the ultimate powerful technique of changing the order of which programs to open in sequence to prevent angering the mercurial Youtube spirits.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Xander77 posted:

Are using a non ISP DNS service ? i for some weird reason always got the captcha' proove your human stuff constantly even when using Google's DNS or Cloudflare DNS.

I started using a different DNS service and only time i get a captcha thing is when i login to my kids roblox accounts to purchase them Robux credits. Or when i'm using the VPN client & Tor Browser. Clear-net websites throw up the captcha carp. Were as onion addresse's don't.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I had a problem where youtube and google maps were unusably slow to load, but not in a private window. So it must be some extension. I disabled most of my extensions and sure enough, they started working usably again. Then I started enabling them one by one and the problem never reappeared.

loving.

Computers.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Wheany posted:

I had a problem where youtube and google maps were unusably slow to load, but not in a private window. So it must be some extension. I disabled most of my extensions and sure enough, they started working usably again. Then I started enabling them one by one and the problem never reappeared.

loving.

Computers.

I had issues with youtube chugging horribly to the point videos would be sometimes unplayabe. Loading is ok but the framerate could be choppy and it would sometimes stop to "buffer" for like 10-15 seconds. Really bizarre and not the first time it happens, I ended up restarting and it fixed it. But I'd try private window next time to see if it's maybe an extension acting out.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

3.0 Jesus Patch posted:

Are using a non ISP DNS service ? i for some weird reason always got the captcha' proove your human stuff constantly even when using Google's DNS or Cloudflare DNS.

I started using a different DNS service and only time i get a captcha thing is when i login to my kids roblox accounts to purchase them Robux credits. Or when i'm using the VPN client & Tor Browser. Clear-net websites throw up the captcha carp. Were as onion addresse's don't.

that shouldn't happen unless your destination has some really complicated geodns system and some resolvers are sending you to a geo that challenges your region

most domains will just resolve to a single site with the same challenge settings across the board

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

Wheany posted:

loving.

Computers.

I don't even know what a computer is at this point, but this tracks. The computer gremlins knew that you were paying attention to them now, and stopped causing issues.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

:colbert:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I currently have 13.0k checksum errors (but zero read or write errors) on each of the disks in my mirrored zfs pool. I find the identical numbers mightily suspicious.

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 5, 2023

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Wheany posted:

loving.

Computers.

I'm still hoping to figure out which Firefox extension or setting is causing Google Maps to replace the numbered-highway icons with a little patterned rectangle. It's got to be one of the privacy-focused ones since the exact same thing happens on Mullvad Browser right out of the box, on both Linux and Windows.

Maybe it's tripping over the canvas anti-fingerprinting or something? :shrug:

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Not getting that here with maps.

Are you on 116.0.1, I noticed the update today is addressing a weird rendering bug, it could be related.

If you are fully update with problems still, just disable all your addon and turn them on one by one. shouldn't take too long unless your some weirdo with 50+ addons installed.

Speaking of weird glitchy things though, I was browsing this sale on Steam, and sometimes when hovering over a image, this happens... anyone else?

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/tinyteamsfestival2023

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Since the recent update, I've been having occasional issues with opening new tabs into a google search. Like if I highlight text and right-click > search google, the new tab shows up but it gets hung up and the site doesn't load. It only happens with the first tab though, if I repeat the action into a second tab it works.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Im_Special posted:

Not getting that here with maps.

Are you on 116.0.1, I noticed the update today is addressing a weird rendering bug, it could be related.

If you are fully update with problems still, just disable all your addon and turn them on one by one. shouldn't take too long unless your some weirdo with 50+ addons installed.

I went digging and it turns out I was right the first time -- it's not any of my extensions doing it, it's the about :config setting privacy.resistFingerprinting (which I think everyone should have enabled, but that's just me.) Which also explains why Mullvad Browser has the same issue -- it has all the privacy stuff on by default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
So I know I'm late to this, but I finally updated from Firefox Android 60something to the completely new version, and... I was wondering if anyone could share some of the backstory there.

Because there must be some, because wtf.
Inexplicable tab handling, restriction of the two main reasons to use Firefox: addons and about:config.

So does anyone have a summary or a link to one about what happened there?