Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Celexi posted:

where i live there is no difference at all from business to personal connections in speed so you are a retard, also you are stupid if you can't set boundaries and need a designated room for your brain to function

Celexi posted:

I mean, there is also wealthy people that really like a nice home connection too, but most yosposters would not actually know anything about that as they are just regular tech salary idiots that work to death to enjoy life when they are falling apart and old
what in the gently caress are you on about lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

THC posted:

what the gently caress are you on about lol

I'm on about that you are the usual salaried middle class hipster with apple dongles idiot that will never enjoy life

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The Management posted:

it's all anime isn't it?

yep

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lol just remembered you called me a hipster because I drink starbucks

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

THC posted:

yeah, you are still a hipster

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

you're really salty about something, whatever it is, im sorry you are so depressed. know that you are not alone. pls talk to someone about your problems. be well.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Celexi posted:

where i live there is no difference at all from business to personal connections in speed so you are a retard, also you are stupid if you can't set boundaries and need a designated room for your brain to function

business connections have priority over home connections and if a tech is needed will be out in a matter of hours instead of days

i mean, i have business internet at home with lovely comcast and when it went out they had a tech over and reran the line from the house in under 2 hours.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

hobbesmaster posted:

business connections have priority over home connections and if a tech is needed will be out in a matter of hours instead of days

i mean, i have business internet at home with lovely comcast and when it went out they had a tech over and reran the line from the house in under 2 hours.

that would be entirely illegal here, either in traffic priority or faster tech support and it doesn't happen as i have had access to their system.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SLAs are illegal in your country?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

hobbesmaster posted:

SLAs are illegal in your country?

they are not, but differentiating them by any customer category would be

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
As we are talking about Internet, which is legally a basic utility here, for luxury things feel free to have various different SLAs

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

what do you mean by customer category, the business connections here are double to triple the home connections

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Celexi posted:

so you live in a lovely area. (also where the gently caress does the designated room thing come from? line segregation would be to simplify the eoy accounting rather than trying ot calculate what percent of the home line you used in any given month because you do do your taxes correctly, right? what are you, a fuckin libertarian?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Well, as a basic service it has to be provided equally by whoever contracts it, either be it someone in a home getting 100 mbit or an office, medium and large business don't really use regular connections here though anyway and usually have higher output fiber connections than regular ftth or hfc , which anyone that is not a business can get too if willing to pay and has no different priority.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Celexi posted:

they are not, but differentiating them by any customer category would be

he just said they aren't doing that though, it's differentiation by who pays for the extra service. if a home user wants to pay for a business line i guarantee you they aren't going to be all 'hmmm, where's your business license, we don't want your money unless you're actually a business, oh ho!

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

duTrieux. posted:

so you live in a lovely area. (also where the gently caress does the designated room thing come from? line segregation would be to simplify the eoy accounting rather than trying ot calculate what percent of the home line you used in any given month because you do do your taxes correctly, right? what are you, a fuckin libertarian?

why would you need to calculate any of this, none of this would go into any taxes here lol

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

duTrieux. posted:

he just said they aren't doing that though, it's differentiation by who pays for the extra service. if a home user wants to pay for a business line i guarantee you they aren't going to be all 'hmmm, where's your business license, we don't want your money unless you're actually a business, oh ho!

Well, i didn't say you could not get a business line, just that it would be the same price for the exact same speed,QOS, and what else.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
dude, relax

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

relaxation is for hipsters, who we hate for some reason

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Celexi posted:

i mean its pretty much the same in us in terms of speed, business connections are usually just pay like $20 more a month and if you're somewhere transfer caps are enforced residential you don't get them commercially plus better technical service.

but since it already doesn't break, there's no benefit 2 me

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

duTrieux. posted:

if you're a sole proprietor or small business substantiating the home office deduction is burdensome as poo poo, that's why you would want to use the simplified option under rev proc 2013-13 and just take $5/sq foot.

the irs LOVES auditing people trying to take huge home office deductions doing tricky poo poo like taking home depreciation, splitting up utilities, etc.

I guess you could deduct your sole business use business line but the irs is going to be all up in your poo poo if you can't prove it was used exclusively for business.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
just hire an accountant jesus

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

low chicken prices and upload speeds

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

THC posted:

ironically drinking bad coffee is extremely hipster.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

THC posted:

Nah you just have bad taste in coffee

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

guilty as charged. it's loving convenient ok

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM.... I'm actually NOT bothered by this avatar
who is the biggest hipster in yospos

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
we are all nerds

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sagebrush posted:

me

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i think the purpose of a sla is liability. if u have an sla and ur isp blows up they gotta pay mucho bucks. so they keep it up better. thats got no bearing on your net neutrality thing in whatever contry u r in and what the puporse of a sla is. ending that sentence w/ the word Is. Owned.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

duTrieux. posted:

if you're a producer of glorious content you should have a business connection that you can cleanly write off rather than mixing business with pleasure
and if my business is pleasure?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

The Leck posted:

and if my business is pleasure?
get outta here rms

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cocoa Crispies posted:

accountant jesus

mods?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/clarkkaren/status/769646182842834944

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

floats lmao

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

1 2 3 3 4 5

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

must be using a pentium

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

this is a theoretical problem called The Shaggars Bicycle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
why is material ui so loving terrible

look at this 24 hour time picker

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread