Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

I crashed today too, client had only been open for like an hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyday Goast
Nov 27, 2011

spoopy

I crashed the other day while equipping an ascended trinket and got the "report this error to anet!!!" Pop up but as it hasn't happened since i forgot.

Also thanks to the guys who let me tag along to Dragons Stand last night, I'm now only two things away from the first tier of Nevermore!!!

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Bieeardo posted:

Holy poo poo. gently caress Hearts and Minds in the ear.

Yuuuup. My bitching about it is a few pages behind. If I'm online just whisper me and I'll come help.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Everyday Goast posted:

I crashed the other day while equipping an ascended trinket and got the "report this error to anet!!!" Pop up but as it hasn't happened since i forgot.

Also thanks to the guys who let me tag along to Dragons Stand last night, I'm now only two things away from the first tier of Nevermore!!!

If that was you who was with us, no worries!

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Make 25 Twilights

ironically that would probably be the most profitable thing to do with em'

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Couple questions:

1. How's Druid? I'm trying to decide what to use my 80 boost on. I was originally going to use it on my Necromancer but it turns out he's already level 61 so that'd be a huge waste, so now I'm between Ranger and Guardian.

2. Anyone still doing mastery point trains these days? I should probably finish up the HoT personal story but then I'd like to get my gliding good enough to enjoy the new zone. All I have are updrafts now which I gather is technically enough but far from ideal.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

druid owns

but i might be biased

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Harrow posted:

Couple questions:
2. Anyone still doing mastery point trains these days? I should probably finish up the HoT personal story but then I'd like to get my gliding good enough to enjoy the new zone. All I have are updrafts now which I gather is technically enough but far from ideal.

Having jumping mushrooms and Nuoch wallows is quite useful for traversing HoT without wanting to kill yourself, and you will need the first exalted mastery to finish the story (maybe the second as well?) as well as the one that lets you talk to Itzel. Given how the XP progression works, I'd get the first two masteries in all of the HoT trees before going deeper into gliding. The new zone is totally fine with just mushrooms and updrafts. I'm not sure how you would run out of mastery points before getting to the last few tiers of masteries, so unless you're already out it's probably not worth worrying about yet.

Wallet fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Aug 2, 2016

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ah, yeah, I've been a way for a good long while so I think I forgot how far I actually am on masteries. I have bouncing mushrooms and updrafts and I think the first level of exalted, so it sounds like I almost have enough to finish the story, so that's nice.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
What's the easiest and fastest way to gain XP? I need to train all of these foreign languages to access the mistward insignias, and I want them right now =[

Also, related to that: Last night my wife and I were in Itzel territory running around their canopy village. My game was playing over my speakers, hers through headphones. I don't have the Itzel language yet, but she does. For me, they're all babbling and making noises that just sound like baby nonsense. For her, they're actually saying stuff to each other in English. I know that's kind of expected given the language is unlockable and all, but that's pretty cool.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Kerrrrrrr posted:

druid owns

but i might be biased

As you should be, because druid owns.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

The vast majority of them you see will be the ones autoattacking with staff at world events for more than twenty seconds in a row

moving out of aoes, mind you, not simply alt-tabbed away but actively playing while not pressing any keys that aren't 1

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 2, 2016

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well, perhaps Ranger/Druid will get my 80 boost then. Though I admit I don't actually know much about what Druid does aside from being the best healer around (a thing I generally like).

I was considering Revenant, too, but I think I have even less of a handle on that. I enjoyed screwing around with the Revenant/Herald during the HoT betas and in Heart of the Mists but I haven't really given it a real shot out in the wild yet.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

wait can I combine 4 minor sigils of the same type to create a major sigil of that type in the mystic forge??

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

nickhimself posted:

wait can I combine 4 minor sigils of the same type to create a major sigil of that type in the mystic forge??

Nope, it's complete RNG, no matter what type the sigils are. Putting in 4 minor sigils of any type can either give you back a random minor sigil or a random major sigil. Putting in 4 major sigils can either give you back a random major sigil or a random superior sigil.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

well, that's still better than vendoring all of those pieces of garbage after I've been farming for a couple of hours and have like 20 of them just hanging out in the aftermath of Salvagepalooza

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

nickhimself posted:

What's the easiest and fastest way to gain XP? I need to train all of these foreign languages to access the mistward insignias, and I want them right now =[

Also, related to that: Last night my wife and I were in Itzel territory running around their canopy village. My game was playing over my speakers, hers through headphones. I don't have the Itzel language yet, but she does. For me, they're all babbling and making noises that just sound like baby nonsense. For her, they're actually saying stuff to each other in English. I know that's kind of expected given the language is unlockable and all, but that's pretty cool.

Do the meta events if you're taking about the heart of maguuma masteries. If you can get to dragon stand, pop an xp booster and have at it. DS is good for xp and carpal tunnel.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Running events in Bloodstone Fen spits out tons of XP

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Harrow posted:

Couple questions:

1. How's Druid? I'm trying to decide what to use my 80 boost on. I was originally going to use it on my Necromancer but it turns out he's already level 61 so that'd be a huge waste, so now I'm between Ranger and Guardian.

Druid is very good. Fantastic team support, it's not even the healing that makes them great but the fact that between glyph of empowerment, frost spirit, and grace of the land they can stack up to 25% extra damage on a group of people with a high chance of 35% damage. They also heal a ton without any investment in healing power, so their own damage is solid too.

Edit: you also provide spotter, which is always desirable.

A druid shouty build in PvP is incredibly brutal too. I've been massacring people with it and I am terrible at PvP. You're stupidly resilient and your pets are homing death missiles.

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 2, 2016

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well, I'm pretty sold on Druid, then. That sounds like a blast.

Now to spend like three hours tonight trying to decide on a race and then appearance.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
New 1% area, now in Verdant Brink of all places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omb7i9E6hDA

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Magres posted:

Running events in Bloodstone Fen spits out tons of XP

I just did the story step last night to let me gather those unbound magic orbs, and even they give XP. It's awesome! I love the new zone now that I have leyline and advanced gliding. It's a frustrating chore without it 100%, having been through it both ways now.

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

oh my god *credit card falls out of wallet*

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

I just did the story step last night to let me gather those unbound magic orbs, and even they give XP. It's awesome! I love the new zone now that I have leyline and advanced gliding. It's a frustrating chore without it 100%, having been through it both ways now.

Also the events regularly spit out rewards worth like 50k XP

Mairn
Jan 6, 2011

Magres posted:

Also the events regularly spit out rewards worth like 50k XP

The Jade Armors meta gives something like 300 - 400k exp and takes 20 minutes (or less)... that's without boosters. It is most definitely the fastest way to get exp, and you also get Blood Rubies and a shitload of rares.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Finished the first Living Story 3 bit last night and lol at Caudecus getting cock-blocked by a freaking Mursaat.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

reading Jade Armors made me curious to find out what it is and from my browser I started to try to type /wiki Jade Armors

=/

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is getting ascended armor still hilariously expensive?

I'd kind of like to try raiding at some point since it seems like it's actually pretty fun but I've only got one ascended weapon and the ascended accessories, so it'll be a bit before I'll be up to snuff on the gear.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Harrow posted:

Is getting ascended armor still hilariously expensive?

I'd kind of like to try raiding at some point since it seems like it's actually pretty fun but I've only got one ascended weapon and the ascended accessories, so it'll be a bit before I'll be up to snuff on the gear.
Ascended gear is still kind of expensive, but you can get a decent chance at drops by doing fractals. Also, if you've got weapon and accessories ascended you're all set for raids, it's not like there are DPS checks where you absolutely need ascended armor, it's just a nice little boost.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Money flew out of my debit card and bought itself a 1% pass.

Also, because I suck at time zone conversions, how many days/hours from now is one of the mastery point runs? Thanks!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Tonight, 6 hours and 40 minutes from the time of this post.

It is currently 3:20 PM PST, 6:20 PM EST, and 10:20 PM UTC/GMT

Mastery Train will be at 10 PM, 1 AM EST, or 5AM UTC/GMT

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Magres posted:

I may log in at 1015, depending on how lovely the trains are running. Have a dance party while you wait and I'll bring my leftover Halloween cookies.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Magres posted:

Cheers!

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Oh man, that feels so much like a GW1 outpost.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Finally I will have a 1% pass and Arus will no longer be able to lord it over me.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Inzombiac posted:

I may log in at 1015, depending on how lovely the trains are running. Have a dance party while you wait and I'll bring my leftover Halloween cookies.

Nevermind. Actually getting home earlier than normal. I could even start around 9.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Success! The game crashed again and I remembered to capture the crash report

http://pastebin.com/ue4P4bbt

aafffffffffffffffffff

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:siren: Paging Arus to the game, paging Arus to the game. Dig yourself out of your hot tub filled with poutine, mastery point train is rolling :siren:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Schpyder posted:

I have a sickness

Please send help

:getin:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
E: I don't even know how this post happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU