Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

XK posted:

:lol:

What the gently caress is this?

A third hand article, narrated to someone's mom, then ran through translate?

My faith in "Christian Today" is shook.

Check the article for C's & D's and messages encoded in the punctuation. It could have been ghost-written by Bootcha.

Abuminable fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jan 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

This rock and roll, some people claim disagreement with, hence the negative opinions. However, it has accumulated praise among some parties. This disparity will be addressed, engaged entities claim.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Bootcha being called in as expert witness?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Each time you suggest someone in the thread might be communicating in code, some poor bastard at star citizen gets told to go through every post again to look for secret messages. That's mean!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Friend, please put on the platinum account requirement tia.

You need a platinum account to view this.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

bandaid.friend posted:

Each time you suggest someone in the thread might be communicating in code, some poor bastard at star citizen gets told to go through every post again to look for secret messages. That's mean!

Intern, check this post for secret messages.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Nobody broke the recipe code yet. Navajo code talkers up in here, talking about blue cheese and tacos.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The pineapple is off the pizza! I repeat: the pineapple is off the pizza !

:wink:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Those shitheads commenting on Streetroller's video making comments about his disabilities are good for star citizen. Really top notch work not making yourselves look like a crazed cult, guys.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

alphabettitouretti posted:

Those shitheads commenting on Streetroller's video making comments about his disabilities are good for star citizen. Really top notch work not making yourselves look like a crazed cult, guys.

The very same people made fun of a man dying of cancer because he said maybe I'm too old to understand Star Citizen.

Just saying. They is scum.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sorry, we're the crazy cultists.

They're the perfectly normal, upstanding, Citizen of the Stars.

In the universe created by Chris Roberts, some people just want to remain jacked in.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:lol:

Christian Today posted:

Thus, Purchese has claimed that the game is more successful as a demonstration of technology rather than an actual science fiction (sci-fi) roleplaying game (RPG). He also stated that there was little to do in the game and that its features, the sprawling futuristic cities and vast open vacuum of space and massive planets, do not have much to offer other than being there.

There are some missions included in the Alpha 3.0 build, as well as some armor, gear, and ship upgrades, but apparently, most of them were boring and half-baked.

Meanwhile, players have also expressed disappointment to the developers and even took to Reddit to expound on their poor experience. Most of them point out the horrible optimization of the game, where some of the most important moments, such as space dogfights, only ran at a sluggish 25-30 frames per second (FPS) frame rate.

However, website Game Revolution has argued that the game is still in Alpha phase and that players and other critics should do well to remember this. This means that it still is pretty much in its early development stages, hence the lack of content and the poor optimization of the graphics engine. These are all parts of an Alpha version of a game, where the consumers are also requested to report any flaws or bugs in the game in order for the developers to address them.

However, the disappointment was quite understandable given the budget that the developers have accumulated via crowdfunding and how much they committed to deadline promises which they could not fulfill. At the moment, players will have to set their expectations reasonably until the developers announce something big or progressive for the game.

:tif:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

alphabettitouretti posted:

Did you see how he held that cigar? They're afraid - with wrists that broken he could permanently delay 3.1 from ever being released, bicycle notwithstanding.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

The consumers are requested to keep giving money.

Players should not express disappointment. Wait for something big or progressive.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

tuo posted:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mVg0_/status/951418351238176770

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Over three years ago.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

tuo posted:

What is Star Citizen?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Chistian Today, huh? Probably all this talk about a Jesus patch and a cult put Star Citizen on their radar.
The article is pretty lazy, reporting on something someone else has reported adding nothing -- barely stating their own opinion on the matter, but if it informs and/or saves a few poor souls from being sucked into this void of a project, I'd say it's done its job.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I backed in 2012 for a vision of a game in 2014.

Where's the game, robert?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Interest in Alpha 3.0 has already waned. Star Citizen is not saved:

/r/StarCitizen

/r/EVE

/r/EliteDangerous

/r/Stellaris

222 days until Gamescom! :toot:

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

AbstractNapper posted:

Chistian Today, huh? Probably all this talk about a Jesus patch and a cult put Star Citizen on their radar.
The article is pretty lazy, reporting on something someone else has reported adding nothing -- barely stating their own opinion on the matter, but if it informs and/or saves a few poor souls from being sucked into this void of a project, I'd say it's done its job.

You will find that Christian Today has been a regular chronicler of the space video game genre monster Star Citizen. Which is why I posted this back in November:

Golli posted:

Personally, I rely on Christian Today for up-to-the minute news on cutting edge Star Citizen advancements.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Oh man, I clicked r/eve, I see CCP is still CCP after all these years
https://i.imgur.com/vMv9Y62.gifv

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Truga posted:

Ah I see what happened here. It's a common mistake. You should have re-backed in 2014 for an updated vision of a game in 2020.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Sorry everyone, but I'm starting to have a few niggling doubts about this project.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
When they don't bring in mining, I wonder if you'll be able to discover space quartz :v:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Truga posted:

You'll be multicrew flying an Idris with your org buddies in absolutely no time, it's already in progress, look, John Pritchett already has a task in his list in April 2016 coming soon in 2014 along with pole vaulting and sliding around coming in 2.2 and 2.3 and 2.4

10 for the Chairman: Episode 81
Apr 4, 2016 @ 30:36

Q: How will larger ships like the Idris be controlled by the player for flight?

A: So the plan for the big capital ships is, ah, much like what happens on, ah, a big seafaring ship in today's world, so, there's a HELMSMAN position, and the difference between the sort of bigger ships is that you'll have multiple... ahh... CREW STATIONS, multiple SEATS where people, you know, one person's just a HELM... one person's doing COMMS, the other person's doing WEAPONS, the other person's doing RADAR and potentially you have like a CAPTAIN'S SEAT and they're... giving INSTRUCTIONS to the various people manning the different SEATS, ahm, so... ah... I would say it's a bit more... uhm... you know... you be in... sort of... I don't know whether... there's cockpit style SEAT CONTROL because... potentially the interface (waves arms) for you controlling the ship is ALL DIFFERENT but it'll be very much like a... a HELMSMANS STATION on a sort of NAVY SHIP that you would see in today's world... and that's how we've set up the... ahhh... ahh...uhh... the IDRIS and how we're setting up the BENGAL and... and I would ASSUME THAT'LL BE THERE... there may be a MODE that we'll do because we've talked about several different kinds of MODES and one you know sort of like MOVING YOUR SHIP AROUND, uhm, you know and... cos... the BIG SHIP'S just sort of gonna be sort of SLOW like moving a SLOW... FERRY or TANK around, ah... there may be a MODE you can switch into were if you've got a certain kind of flight control system besides just... sort of manoeuvring the ENGINES and POSITION you know, STRAFE POSITION on your ship, you also kind have maybe some kind of a HOLOGRAPHIC DISPLAY, and you could CLICK and say, 'I want the ship to go to THIS area or THAT area', uhm, and then... the eye-eff... the... the... CAP SHIP version of IFCS tries to get you there and then you can... manually take it over and ADJUST the courses... so that's... that's kinda what we set up I mean JOHN PRITCHETT already has a TASK for him... which is sort of DO THAT second... second stage so... STAGE ONE of the CAP SHIP STUFF is sort of, the BIG MASSIVE SHIP HANDLING which... ahhhh... we're sort of in progress for, we need it for the STARFARER and then obviously the IDRIS afterwards... and then the second stage will be sort of a kind of a more GO TO positional... MODE that you can do were you could say, 'Ah! You know I wanna go... A HUNDRED METERS to this spot, a HUNDRED METERS AHEAD', and the system tries to mover you there.

Ahm... so you'll have those and you'll be able to switch between both of them.

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

You'll be multicrew flying an Idris with your org buddies in absolutely no time, it's already in progress, look, John Pritchett already has a task in his list in April 2016 coming soon in 2014 along with pole vaulting and sliding around coming in 2.2 and 2.3 and 2.4

A: So the plan for the big capital ships is, ah, much like what happens on, ah, a big seafaring ship in today's world, so, there's a HELMSMAN position, and the difference between the sort of bigger ships is that you'll have multiple... ahh... CREW STATIONS, multiple SEATS where people, you know, one person's just a HELM... one person's doing COMMS, the other person's doing WEAPONS, the other person's doing RADAR and potentially you have like a CAPTAIN'S SEAT and they're... giving INSTRUCTIONS to the various people manning the different SEATS, ahm, so... ah... I would say it's a bit more... uhm... you know... you be in... sort of... I don't know whether... there's cockpit style SEAT CONTROL because... potentially the interface (waves arms) for you controlling the ship is ALL DIFFERENT but it'll be very much like a... a HELMSMANS STATION on a sort of NAVY SHIP that you would see in today's world... and that's how we've set up the... ahhh... ahh...uhh... the IDRIS and how we're setting up the BENGAL and... and I would ASSUME THAT'LL BE THERE... there may be a MODE that we'll do because we've talked about several different kinds of MODES and one you know sort of like MOVING YOUR SHIP AROUND, uhm, you know and... cos... the BIG SHIP'S just sort of gonna be sort of SLOW like moving a SLOW... FERRY or TANK around, ah... there may be a MODE you can switch into were if you've got a certain kind of flight control system besides just... sort of manoeuvring the ENGINES and POSITION you know, STRAFE POSITION on your ship, you also kind have maybe some kind of a HOLOGRAPHIC DISPLAY, and you could CLICK and say, 'I want the ship to go to THIS area or THAT area', uhm, and then... the eye-eff... the... the... CAP SHIP version of IFCS tries to get you there and then you can... manually take it over and ADJUST the courses... so that's... that's kinda what we set up I mean JOHN PRITCHETT already has a TASK for him... which is sort of DO THAT second... second stage so... STAGE ONE of the CAP SHIP STUFF is sort of, the BIG MASSIVE SHIP HANDLING which... ahhhh... we're sort of in progress for, we need it for the STARFARER and then obviously the IDRIS afterwards... and then the second stage will be sort of a kind of a more GO TO positional... MODE that you can do were you could say, 'Ah! You know I wanna go... A HUNDRED METERS to this spot, a HUNDRED METERS AHEAD', and the system tries to mover you there.

So basically a buggy and less fun version of Artemis?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

his nibs posted:

When they don't bring in mining, I wonder if you'll be able to discover space quartz :v:

more like space farts

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

This is the thumb speaking, all hands to battlestations, we are beeing sued. This is no alpha-test, I repeat, this is....uhm....ah....no alpha-test!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

his nibs posted:

Sorry everyone, but I'm starting to have a few niggling doubts about this project.

Thank you for speaking up, Citizen. C&D teams are on the way to your house as we speak. Do not resist them.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

tuo posted:

This is the thumb speaking, all hands to battlestations, we are beeing sued. This is no alpha-test, I repeat, this is....uhm....ah....no alpha-test!

You over there...yes you, the overworked goofy looking guy, stop doing bugsmashers!!!

You there, the one with the thousand yard stare, start making stuff that works!

You...ah...uhm....yeah, you, the vampire with the permanent grin, give me another raise!

You...uhm....Ben....why are you still here, we are in a...uhm...ah....emergency....we fired you six months ago!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Sarsapariller posted:

Thank you for speaking up, Citizen. C&D teams are on the way to your house as we speak. Do not resist them.

(The C&D stands for Chemical Castration and Deskeletonization)

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Codezombie posted:

So basically a buggy and less fun version of Artemis?

(Depictions of gameplay are visionary and any resemblance to real games is coincidental)

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Somebody send the Rub Team to bootcha and make sure he's ok.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Legal pipeline finally kicking into action.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Golli posted:

Somebody send the Rub Team to bootcha and make sure he's ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DoZ4JuQxlE

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

SomethingJones posted:

I know I probably sound like an idiot if someone were to transcribe what I say, but this is ridiculous. This reads like it would be tortuous to listen to, it's all gibberish and meaningless garbage.

One of the things I'll catch myself doing is giving a listener flood of verbal nonsense if I find myself uncertain about the topic and I can't simply deflect. As long as the listener is as mentally befogged as I am, all is well, but you try parsing it in the tiniest bit and anyone will realize I've repeated myself a half dozen times in small ways and what I've said amounted to nothing substantive anyway. With Crobbers, it's this all the time. All the gaps while his feeble brain tries to catch up to his hands, the literal babble of words that have no syntactical meaning flooding out into an explosive wet fart of inanity. I understand that Crobbers is tapping into a keen and deeply felt need for this type of game, but his "vision" is that of a drunk techbro who went on a bender with the last of his VC money in the seediest dive bar in Omaha and is having a stroke as the methanol from the artisanal hand crafted moonshine still in someone's backyard is giving him a final hangover for the ages.

He could have said "there will be multiplayer interactions in a multiplayer ship and it'll be great" and have conveyed more information with less chance of sounding like he stumbled into the interview after getting a partial frontal lobotomy.

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

A random dude with no connection to the game stumbles into my comments section...

You will not be forgotten, stalwart defender...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

https://sciencebusiness.net/news/eu-launches-eu1b-project-build-fastest-supercomputer-world-2023

Star Citizen playable at 20 stable fps in 2023 confirmed.