Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
The internet is a wonderful place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycEdzLkozg0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Even better -- Terry Gilliam based them on drawings from medieval manuscripts (which I would scan and upload if they weren't miles away in my office. A book about them, not the actual mss themselves).

Oh -- like so:

and

Content: been doing a little Amazoning today

Because yet again we were reminded on Valentine's Day that this is an awesome film

(we had to make due with Sextette instead)

Because you can't get cinnamon ones here

Ditto with proper sweet pickles ('sweet' here are closer to bread and butter, which I like, but sometimes you gotta have sweet sweet pickles)

Mad 1968 film about a pop star so influential that the government uses him for everything from getting people to eat a surplus of apples to boosting the economy through sales of products he endorses (ie, just about everything one can buy) to making him the centre of a religious cult

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

are four comic books really eighty united states dollars

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

tomstuart posted:

Hard-cover editions cost more because they're more unwieldy.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

tomstuart posted:

Yes. But just to clarify, they're hardcover collections, so each books should be about ~250-350 pages.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

obi_ant posted:

Yes. But just to clarify, they're hardcover collections, so each books should be about ~250-350 pages.

i guess thats not completely unreasonable but its still more than id spend

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's how much all hardcover books cost

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Got a closing date on our house so went ahead and bought a fridge to be delivered. Samsung 28 Cu. Ft. 4-Door French Door Refrigerator w/ Dispenser

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Bought some computer junk for a development server/plex/htpc kind of thing.

A refurb Dell

Wireless keyboard

Long USB extension (server is on a rack in the basement)

Needs moar ports

A big rear end HDD

So I can rip my kid's movies to that big rear end hdd

Not pictured
- Plexpass subscription so I can start syncing videos with my mobile devices.
- Crashplan subscription for the year. I have carbonite already but it's annoying that they don't back up video files without manually selecting every video file. I'm not concerned about movies and stuff, but gopro / kids videos I would have been really mad to have lost some because carbonite doesn't back them up automatically.

I have to admit, I spent way more than I had planned. I also stupidly bought a windows 10 retail license thinking I could use my old PC as a server - which I then found out was dead. The refurb dell came with a windows 7 license which I could have gotten a free upgrade to 10. Oh well. At least I'll have an official, legitimate "portable" windows 10 license now.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

tomstuart posted:

i guess thats not completely unreasonable but its still more than id spend

I'd also not spend that much on something I know and care nothing about.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

CaseFace McGee posted:

:stare: that's a lot for one monitor... but it looks pretty amazing. I would love to have something like that for work, since they say I can only have two monitors instead of three. Give me two of those and I would be perfectly happy.

Its here and it owns.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

ChocNitty posted:

new/old watch.

Oh mama. I do love me some vintage digital watches.
Too bad most of them are so small for me.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Digital_Jesus posted:

Its here and it owns.

Ohhhh how does overwatch run on it?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

No clue thats just my wallpaper. I didn't get a beta invite :(

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Digital_Jesus posted:

No clue thats just my wallpaper. I didn't get a beta invite :(

:(

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

I had to buy a new Microwave, since the one that came with the house decided to die.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Fly with me posted:

I had to buy a new Microwave, since the one that came with the house decided to die.

Well, how does overwatch run on it?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Coredump posted:

Harrier? As in the vertical take-off and landing Harrier?

The particular one I got is one of the cheaper models that just does bluetooth, spotify, and usb. I just didn't want to have a din pocket below my radio. Those line of Pioneer head units do have really nice digital crossovers, equalizers, and time alignment adjustments.

I am looking for more or less the same thing, but I would love to hear how you like the usb interface. It would be the feature I use the most but it is hard to find videos showing how the UIs work across different models. I am a huge dork and listen to a ton of old radio dramas and rarely do they work with programs that try to sort stuff by album/song/artist.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

poorly

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Terribly.
Everytime I put my graphics card inside and push start, sparks fly everywhere.
I may need to upgrade my RAM.

I tried the microwave portion of it, and it has an option that can check what you put inside, and heat it up accordingly.
Tried it with some leftover takeout, and It was hot all the way through, without being be scalding.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I've thought about getting one for awhile and got an offer with near 20% discount from a local seller, so

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
New shoes:

And a pair of vip passes to the big Dallas comic-con in June. :homebrew:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Scarf posted:

Marcus Miller's grammy winning album Afrodeezia on vinyl.

A new butt-plug trumpet mouthpiece because I want to take up trumpet again.

This is a good rear end post, but you should pick up the trombone if you really want to be funky.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Yeah, I "settled" for trombone because, try as I did, the tiny trumpet mouthpiece was too much of a pain. Good luck, dude!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Though I suppose that makes it a superior instrument to use as a butt plug.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Bottom Liner posted:

This is a good rear end post, but you should pick up the trombone if you really want to be funky.

But what if he wants to get gigs? Advantage: trumpet.

Content:

More of these, for getting rid of crap before we sell the house.

beefnoodle has a new favorite as of 17:39 on Feb 18, 2016

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Scarf posted:

Marcus Miller's grammy winning album Afrodeezia on vinyl.

Back to this post - this is a gorgeous record. Thanks for pointing it out!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

hamsystem posted:

New shoes:

And a pair of vip passes to the big Dallas comic-con in June. :homebrew:

I'm not s sports shoe guy but I kinda love these.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Same -- what model are they?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
ZX Flux. I forget what the design is called, I'll check the box when I get home. There were a bunch of different colors and designs though.

Nm, it's these: http://m.champssports.com/?uri=product&sku=AQ8449&model=215780&cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH:%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH

hamsystem has a new favorite as of 20:04 on Feb 18, 2016

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Speaking of great shoes, I just re-bought a pair of these (I already have a pair in a different color scheme)
Scarpa Zen Pro Hiking Shoe. Probably the comfiest and most durable shoes you will ever wear (at least at that price point).
I had Nikes before and they wore out so goddamn quickly every time. These last for months and miles and still look almost brand new.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Bottom Liner posted:

Aramek posted:

Yeah, I "settled" for trombone because, try as I did, the tiny trumpet mouthpiece was too much of a pain. Good luck, dude!

beefnoodle posted:

Back to this post - this is a gorgeous record. Thanks for pointing it out!

I was mistaken, it was only nominated, didn't win... But the album is fantastic, I haven't picked up the Snarky Puppy album "Sylva" that won the category, but man, I can't believe this one didn't win it.. Perfect blend of jazz, funk, and Afro-Caribbean world music. Paid out the rear end for the vinyl, apparently it was only pressed in the UK, and gently caress if imports aren't always expensive. Great pressing, super hefty. I have dinner plates that aren't this heavy...

I played trumpet way back in middle and high school, and was pretty drat decent at it... It just fell by the wayside once I started getting more serious with guitar and bass. I definitely wouldn't mind taking up trombone as well, but figured I'd start with something at least somewhat familiar. Although all this new instrument buying is setting back my purchasing of an upright bass that I've been trying to make for the last 10 years or so.

Also on the list: Mandolin, tuba, a decent synthesizer.

Scarf has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Feb 18, 2016

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Aramek posted:

Ha, trumpet mouthpiece tiny? Try a French horn on for size. I played trumpet for 7 years, was pretty decent (made the all-state band, but it was a small sate.) I picked up other brass instruments just fine, but drat, it was like starting all over again with the French horn.

Content:

A couple pairs of cheap eyeglasses from Zenni Optical. I've lost the last two pairs I've had, which were "nice" ones, so gently caress spending over $100 on glasses again:

TIme to bring out my inner hipster, I guess.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 22:51 on Feb 18, 2016

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

beefnoodle posted:

More of these, for getting rid of crap before we sell the house.

I liked these things until they charged like $150 or $175 or something to come pick it up. I could have had a full size dumpster by the time it was all done, and I would have been able to get rid of everything at once instead of driving around and looking for a dumpster (allegedly) for the stuff that didn't fit in the bag.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Yeah, we did the math, and a one-time big dumpster would be a lot cheaper, but we don't have the time to fill it all at once. Over this year, we're doing a few of these, and just biting the bullet.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
These along with some other small parts

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

PleasusChrist posted:

I liked these things until they charged like $150 or $175 or something to come pick it up. I could have had a full size dumpster by the time it was all done, and I would have been able to get rid of everything at once instead of driving around and looking for a dumpster (allegedly) for the stuff that didn't fit in the bag.

Full size dumpsters are a hell of a lot more expensive. I priced one once and it approached around $500 for 3 days for small size (5 tons of debris I think?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

SpartanIV posted:

These along with some other small parts

you building your own para g3 or are you modifying an existing one