Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Their first mistake was presuming I could ever empathize with a Bioware character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bud K ninja sword posted:

Shaka, As the shields fell.

be original and descriptive brochacho.

Temba, his arms open (from gunshot wounds.)

a primate posted:

I just want a cool shootmans with space people and lots of adventure and intrigue and I think it will probably deliver on these modest wishes.

Same here.

Also, guys, GUYS! I had a thought.

What if some of the Reapers followed through Dark Space?!?! What if it's not just the Milky Way that's under their space-thumbtentacle?!?!

Cowcaster posted:

i mean i give it a nonzero chance that some of the reapers that were hanging out in the black between galaxies decided it made as much sense to go towards andromeda as it did the milky way as a end game twist nothing is impossible

... drat me for reading the entire topic before posting! Gonna do it anyway.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Nevets posted:

The best joke Bioware could play is if the alien sex scene stops halfway through because Andromedans have completely different sex organs.

"What the gently caress is that?"

"That's my dick, don't your males have penises?"

"No, procreation in my race is accomplished by having the female penetrate the male's birthing pouch with her ovipositor and implanting her egg. The male's genetic material never leaves his body."

"Wait a minute, I didn't see anything that looked like that when we were fooling around a minute ago!"

"Duh! I already told you only our females have them."

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

They also said the Kett were originally gonna be in the nude all the time but decided against that because it created a "really odd disconnect" when talking with them which is dumb unless they had enormous dongs that were really distracting or something.

Also I call bullshit on having to be human-like to be empathetic I had a really good connection with my pet rock.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

Certain people on the internet are so angry because of this

He is actually a power bottom

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Turbl posted:

Also I call bullshit on having to be human-like to be empathetic I had a really good connection with my pet rock.

It's not impossible or anything, but the less anthropomorphic aliens are, the more work it takes to get humans to empathize with them.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I am extremely in for this class.

Stupid sexy turtle spaceman

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know of all the enemies, I hope the Nemesis returns.

The Nemesis was possibly my favorite enemy from multiplayer, because they were just the friendliest fuckers in the world. They saved me more often than they ever hurt me. One time a person I was playing with was being instakilled by a Phantom, and then the Nemesis put them down letting me run in and save them.

The Nemesis is basically -1 enemy and I love them.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

It's not impossible or anything, but the less anthropomorphic aliens are, the more work it takes to get humans to empathize with them.

Humans have such an overwhelming capacity for empathy that people experience guilt or shame when they throw out old possessions because they think they deserve better treatment for the joy they brought them. Trust me, it is not a quality your average person has trouble mustering.

I mean there was an award winning movie made about a guy falling in love with a computer program on his cell phone.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 9, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Nevets posted:

The best joke Bioware could play is if the alien sex scene stops halfway through because Andromedans have completely different sex organs.

"What the gently caress is that?"

"That's my dick, don't your males have penises?"

"No, procreation in my race is accomplished by having the female penetrate the male's birthing pouch with her ovipositor and implanting her egg. The male's genetic material never leaves his body."

"Wait a minute, I didn't see anything that looked like that when we were fooling around a minute ago!"

"Duh! I already told you only our females have them."

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

They're also shooting at you and are maybe zealots?

They have names like Archon, Acolyte, etc

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Kibayasu posted:

I don't see any cat-tits how am I supposed to know which is which

Cat-tits is Catflaps' sister

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Did the Falcon grenade launcher get nerfed in ME3 single player, or is it still hilariously destructive? I'm on my first playthrough since the game came out and I was looking forward to unlocking it

Serf
May 5, 2011

Transmetropolitan posted:

wasn't there an artist that left Andromeda and had like a full stack of awesome alien designs but all of them were shot because "TOO ALIEN" or something?

because the angara and the kett suck on the alien-ness scale

To be fair, the turians, asari, and even the rachni aren't exactly on the level of poo poo like Solaris.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

neonbregna posted:

Stupid sexy turtle spaceman

Why do you people keep misgendering this krogan

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
None of the mp nerfs applied to single player. Try out the Krysae.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This got a bit lost in the usual thread spergathan, but I have to say I really like what I'm seeing here. It definitely feels like combining the vast environments of ME1 with the combat of ME3. The boss battle where it seems you have to hit the weak points to bring down the Contra boss seem real cool.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Transmetropolitan posted:

because the angara and the kett suck on the alien-ness scale
Yeah, throw this bullshit trash game on the bullshit trash heap with the lazy sucky-alienness bullshit of Star Trek and Star Wars and Flash Gordon and Battlestar Galactica and Marvel and DC and and and

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

look at those shoulders

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I see them every time I close my eyes :kimchi:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The female Angarans look like a Stretch Armstrong toy.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

The female Angarans look like a Stretch Armstrong toy.

Way to go with the body shaming, jerk

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 9, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

SgtSteel91 posted:

Way to go with the body shaming, jerk

That angaran is pushing 50; give her a break!

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Don't worry guys looks like the one of the left might have a bit of cameltoe at least.

Real talk: that shot of the Turian models looks super stylised, like approaching something in Wildstar. Assuming its just me being tired.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I believe it would be best if the Codex in this game was narrated by Billy Connolly in his angriest ranting voice.

Feel free to discuss.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Just saw that Suvi Anwar, the Tempest's science officer (and also devout religious believer and strongly suggested to be lesbian romance), might get a bad case of accent backlash from fans. Suvi is from Scotland, and her voice actress is a Glasgow native, so I won't be surprised if there's cries that her accent is totally fake and unrealistic.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

lol someone was joking that Mass Effect Andromeda is really just No Man's Sky finally delivering.

No Man's Sky's next update is called Path Finder.

Cythereal posted:

Just saw that Suvi Anwar, the Tempest's science officer (and also devout religious believer and strongly suggested to be lesbian romance), might get a bad case of accent backlash from fans. Suvi is from Scotland, and her voice actress is a Glasgow native, so I won't be surprised if there's cries that her accent is totally fake and unrealistic.

Suvi's actress also did Cait in Fallout 4, and I don't know if it's just her or if literally every Glaswegian is like that, but I loving hated hearing her talk.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cythereal posted:

Now I'm sad that there isn't a Malcolm tucker character

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Cythereal posted:

I....don't care about accents?

D-

Do people care about such a thing? Enough to get angry over it?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

FunkMonkey posted:

D-

Did you ask that with a straight face?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

FunkMonkey posted:

D-

There is not a goddamn thing insignificant enough on this shithole Earth that some petty shitgibbon won't blow a gasket over it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FunkMonkey posted:

Going by Leliana (voice actress actually French) and Sera (voice actress actually English), yup.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I suddenly feel a lot more confident and secure in myself as a decent human being. Golly, thanks!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
There are still people on Reddit and bioware forums every so often who say they don't believe Miranda is Australian because she doesn't sound like crocodile Dundee

You American bozos don't know what any accent sounds like

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

This may be the community that scientifically proved what a characters sweat tastes like, but I can't imagine they'd be picky about accents

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
How can a fanbase be simultaneously so xenophobic yet so xenophilic... :getin:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

quote:

Michael Gamble‏ @gamblemike
This Friday at PAX. Stream at 1* PM EST (exploration) on Twitch and another at 4 PM EST (surprise!) Tell yo' friendz.

SomebodyOfNobody‏ @of_somebody
scale from 1 to 10 how spoilery?

Michael Gamble‏ @gamblemike

*he originally said 2, but later corrected himself.

quote:

Ian S. Frazier‏Verified account @tibermoon
Update for those of you who've asked about PC disc version: PC version of the game in Europe has the game on disc, NA version is a dl code.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Said disc will probably only be 5gigs of data with the rest being a download. I will be seriously impressed if they actually put enough DVDs in the box for the whole game.

tayvaan
Oct 22, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Going by Leliana (voice actress actually French) and Sera (voice actress actually English), yup.

My favorite was people calling Bioware racist because Javik had an obviously fake African accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

homullus posted:

Yeah, throw this bullshit trash game on the bullshit trash heap with the lazy sucky-alienness bullshit of Star Trek and Star Wars and Flash Gordon and Battlestar Galactica and Marvel and DC and and and

an important lesson that this thread must reiterate, always:

Mass Effect is... bad.

(it doesn't mean you can't have fun with it though!)