Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doorknob Slobber posted:

"we cant make our game run properly, so we'll just ban anyone who it breaks for"

also I found a way to turn off the rain AND car(at least the buggy noise) noises for myself. It happens if I'm talking on the in-game mic and bring up my map at the same time. Poof, sounds gone.
he was intentionally killing people using the glitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninjalicious
Feb 22, 2010

Taffer posted:

you could get a computer 5 times better than this for $500

$300 to upgrade to Geforce 1000 and 16GB. Soon. And then a mic so I can actually play duos and squads. I am the impoverished beggar of NA PUBG queues.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
I was killed yesterday by a silent running car. Was scoped in, tracking enemies in the distance, then my body was hurled forward and it said I was killed by vehicle.

I didn't know Erangel has Teslas on it.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TPiO_qr7Fo

Never mind that on mic I was promising to murder her with my bare hands.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

This sounds like a neat trick to remove rain noises BUT car noises seem important SO

I lose my own car sound regularly but my teammates and I assume everyone else can still hear it SO

its pretty nice for saving my own ears and giving me an advantage

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Redundant posted:

People know this. Some people are cool with sitting behind a wall waiting patiently for the action to come to them and others want to go chasing the action. tpp highly favours the former, fpp enables the latter. Luckily people don't have to choose so it's not a big deal and everybody can carry on enjoying the game however they want. What a world we live in!

Username/post combo for the posting chicken dinner

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Dodgeball posted:

Is that the name of the island? Man that's dumb.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Stuntman posted:

he was intentionally killing people using the glitch

yeah but I've had the glitch and its not like you can turn it off or anything

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Yea but didn't he stream himself doing it? It would be pretty hard to prove if you didn't stream yourself.

And apparently said "I'm going to get banned for this!" before getting behind the wheel.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Didn't know the final circles could be on the hill with the radio tower near military base.

Worst circles ever. First team up the only really accessible section wins. Give me endless wheat field finishes before I get that again.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

wooo literally got my second bicken dinner after the poo poo phone-shot i posted earlier lmao

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://www.facebook.com/PUBGClips/videos/124441404854397/

Pro click zone.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

I have dreamed of doing this ever since seeing people crowbar their friends in the front seat during those Weekly Roundups (or whatever). I keep shadowplay on in the hopes that someone will try to run me over and I'll jump into their car and pan them. Someday~

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

The guy in the back had to run around to the other side of the car! gently caress I would love to see the other perspective of this

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Evilreaver posted:

I have dreamed of doing this ever since seeing people crowbar their friends in the front seat during those Weekly Roundups (or whatever). I keep shadowplay on in the hopes that someone will try to run me over and I'll jump into their car and pan them. Someday~

One of my favorite funny things that regularly happens in the first minute drop scramble for a car is someone thinking they are being funny getting in the car after I've taken the drivers seat. Mothafucka I'm just gonna drive around honking until my teammate gets a gun and then serve you up for a warmup kill!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Either my character forgot how to reload or this is some weird tacticool CQC poo poo that I don't know how to use. But I'm pretty sure mashing a magazine into the ejection port isn't CQC tacticool poo poo.

https://gfycat.com/SmallGrossAppaloosa

edit: ugh, I'm dumb, how do I just embed gfycat links into posts? There must be a way.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

mlmp08 posted:

edit: ugh, I'm dumb, how do I just embed gfycat links into posts? There must be a way.

Right click -> View Video to get the link to the mp4 or webm or whatever the gently caress and just paste that direct link into your post

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011
Has anyone else had an issue where bits of level geometry float in the sky? Saw it for the first time last night, bunch of doors and guard rails floating above military island. Something wrong with my computer? Or just battlegrounds being buggy?

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

AEMINAL posted:

wooo literally got my second bicken dinner after the poo poo phone-shot i posted earlier lmao

What monitor is this? Do ultrawides actually give you a larger FOV?

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

mlmp08 posted:

Either my character forgot how to reload or this is some weird tacticool CQC poo poo that I don't know how to use. But I'm pretty sure mashing a magazine into the ejection port isn't CQC tacticool poo poo.

https://gfycat.com/SmallGrossAppaloosa

ChocoToco had a similar bug happen to him with the pump shotgun and uzi mags. It's happened last night sometime and was pretty funny watching him jam smg mags into his shotgun.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

punch drunk posted:

Yes, I had my Asus PG279Q (2560x1440) right next to my friends X34 (3440x1440) and he could see way more to the side edges of his screen than I could. I wonder if this will have to change if they want this game to be esports friendly? I don't think Overwatch lets ultrawide players gain an advantage like this.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://giant.gfycat.com/SmallGrossAppaloosa.webm

Hey, it works! Sorry it's so huge. lol.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Dodgeball posted:

I was killed yesterday by a silent running car. Was scoped in, tracking enemies in the distance, then my body was hurled forward and it said I was killed by vehicle.

I had this happen to me the other day. There was a Dacia and a UAZ driving around in solo, (possibly together? Though they were probably just avoiding getting out of their cars). I was crouched behind a tree because the jeep missed me as I just got to the tree. It then drove over a hill and I followed the sound to try shoot the guy, since he stopped... Only to have the Dacia silently run me over at full speed.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

punch drunk posted:

There are basically three possible outcomes with ultrawides in games like this:

1. Horizontal+: This is where the view gets wider and yes, an ultrawide monitor does provide an advantage.
2. Vertical-: This is where the view doesn't get any wider, instead it cuts off the top and bottom.
3. gently caress You: This is where the game refuses to run outside of approved aspect ratios.

The correct answer of course is #1 by default, with #2 as an optional server-side flag for competitive play and/or whiny babies. Devs who implement #3 or force #2 on all players should be chased with pitchforks.

We had the same poo poo happen when widescreens first became a thing too, I recall some of my friends bitching about I think BF1942 only supporting 4:3.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I think this is horizontal+ which is awesome.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

RE: 21:9 displays and their FOV, I made a custom resolution for my 16:9 1440p monitor in the GeForce control panel to give it a shot for shits and giggles. I played a round or two and went back to 16:9 but having that much extra information felt really good, especially when just watching a ridgeline or something.

The next monitor I get is probably going to be a 1440p 21:9, when they're not crazy expensive.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Is there not an option that keeps the aspect ratio and just doesn't use all the horizontal space?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Is it resolution or aspect ratio that gives you more horizontal sight? It's weird if it's aspect ratio - if that's the case, why can't I get the ultrawide horizontal fov just by scaling down my vertical resolution on my 16:10 monitor? What if you play in vertical mode, do you see further up?

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Someone looted a crate and left a M249 in it for who knows what reason.
We took it and ended up murdering the crate runners when they came to our location of choice to hold while sorting out our inventory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d4uUZixH8Q

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
I play FPP in 80 FOV and I recommend it over the novice 103 FOV. I hope this is helpful and I look forward to your thoughts.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Seeing things far away is probably more important in this game than seeing a lot around you all the time so that's not surprising. I left mine at 90 because it feels good.

Kayle7
Mar 19, 2012

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
when thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.
I would play in 103 except when I changed it, it screwed my sensitivity up

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
My freezing for 5-10 seconds thing is back. What the loving gently caress?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

fknlo posted:

My freezing for 5-10 seconds thing is back. What the loving gently caress?

It's the weekend. What did you expect?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

It's the weekend. What did you expect?

This is the thing that is supposed to be fixed by the power setting change. I did that and it went away for two days and was back tonight.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Is it resolution or aspect ratio that gives you more horizontal sight? It's weird if it's aspect ratio - if that's the case, why can't I get the ultrawide horizontal fov just by scaling down my vertical resolution on my 16:10 monitor? What if you play in vertical mode, do you see further up?

I set a custom resolution in my nvidia control panel to 2560 x 1097 and just started playing the game in fullscreen, or fullscreen borderless (can't remember) and I could definitely see more on the horizontal, compared to the same FOV setting on 2560x1440. Of course I'm not using a ton of my screen, and things are rendered in less pixels so it's not as detailed, but it was fun to try. I can't imagine an ikaruga-mode would work though but it would be interesting to try it out, playing at 9:16 or something

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I wish there were a practice mode to test stuff in. I wanna try doing like 2560 x 540 and seeing how big the fov is.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
How should I be approaching fights? When does my aim get messed up?

At what range should I be hipfiring? When should I a-d spamming while ads? Does my aim get perfect immediately if I release the movement keys/hold breath?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Hackan Slash posted:

How should I be approaching fights? When does my aim get messed up?

At what range should I be hipfiring? When should I a-d spamming while ads? Does my aim get perfect immediately if I release the movement keys/hold breath?

ADS as much as possible unless the guy just ran past you and is facing away. Also never ADS shotguns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

VulgarandStupid posted:

ADS as much as possible unless the guy just ran past you and is facing away. Also never ADS shotguns.

I find in the initial pistol fights it's better to hold rmb and hipfire than to try and aim down lovely pistol sights, unless you grabbed a red dot already.

• Locked thread