Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

wandler20 posted:

I finally finished the 36 camo challenges for Interstellar. A big moment for me. What a grind.

congrats, it's a really nice camo - looks extra good on certain maps depending on the lighting (try it on the new limited time variant maps before they poof)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

victrix posted:

congrats, it's a really nice camo - looks extra good on certain maps depending on the lighting (try it on the new limited time variant maps before they poof)

Thanks, I'll check those out. I'm very excited to not do small map moshpit for a very long time since that's almost all I played during the camo journey.

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?
Matchmaking has been real weird for me the past couple days. It keeps throwing me into these extremely lopsided matches where most of one team has 2-3x the kills of anyone on the other team. This is in casual mode, I don't do ranked play.

TheGreySpectre fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 1, 2024

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I don’t even play cod anymore and yet I am hooked on SallyIsADog2’s rebirth spectate videos. They’re surprisingly compelling!

Favourite player recently was gondola guy.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

TheGreySpectre posted:

Matchmaking has been real weird for me the past couple days. It keeps throwing me into these extremely lopsided matches where most of one team has 2-3x the kills of anyone on the other team. This is in casual mode, I don't do ranked play.

On Friday night I was in absolute crazy lobbies pretty much all night. They've definitely messed with the SBMM, and obviously the patch ruined the servers and a bunch of animations are skipping. All this to get a statistically irrelevant AR and dual shotguns. The game was feeling so good up til S3 reloaded.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Is it me, or is Zombies crashing more and more. Since the big update, I've had the game absolutely freeze a dozen times (twice just today). I'm on an Xbox Series S - MP is no issue. Of course everything is lost. I've done the normal stuff, cleared the cache etc. I'm pretty sure this is a Zombies issue and not an Xbox issue.

Just curious if I'm alone.

(the random containment level being reset to 0 is another annoying new feature).

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

porktree posted:

Is it me, or is Zombies crashing more and more. Since the big update, I've had the game absolutely freeze a dozen times (twice just today). I'm on an Xbox Series S - MP is no issue. Of course everything is lost. I've done the normal stuff, cleared the cache etc. I'm pretty sure this is a Zombies issue and not an Xbox issue.

(the random containment level being reset to 0 is another annoying new feature).

I watched the huntertv vid where he was grinding the mw2 weapon camos in zombies and he was losing his mind with all the crashes.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
No idea why anyone thought the DG-58 buff was a good idea, or why it's stuck around. We've got a recoiless full auto laser that out TTKs everything past 20m and flinches snipers so hard that it's rapidly choked out anything else existing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

porktree posted:

It straight up got me to stop playing the mode entirely and i was still having fun with it. It sucks because I liked gearing up and doing DA shenanigans but even with the cooldown changes losing all your poo poo due to no fault of your own sucks.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It straight up got me to stop playing the mode entirely and i was still having fun with it. It sucks because I liked gearing up and doing DA shenanigans but even with the cooldown changes losing all your poo poo due to no fault of your own sucks.

stop playing the game

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I enjoy watching a couple CoD content creators but I don’t play it at all since last season ended and I am better for it I feel. The servers just seem atrocious now.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I'd like to say they made a massive miscalculation releasing this as a full retail game and then not including good original maps during the first season and once again making a half broken zombie mode would be a good lesson learned but I know MW3 sold like crazy. I"ve said it before, but I just really hope prop hunt is in the next game since it is being made by Treyarch.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

stop playing the game

I did that's literally what I said!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I did that's literally what I said!

Purge the game from your memory and enjoy your life

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

RCarr posted:

Purge the game from your memory and enjoy your life
Play videogames.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Started playing some multiplayer again, it seems like the sbmm is doing a good job as the games are not too sweaty. Some maps I had not tried before like das haus and stash house are pretty good. Just shotgunning people like mad.

I want plunder on rebirth dammit. Even resurgence is too sweaty for me and I don’t like games where the lobby gets winnowed down.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not sure why they insist on dropping the zombies stuff mid season but whatever. That being said, unstable rift actually sounds good AND has a great reward? But then they immediately make it poo poo and limited per instance so there’s a chance you dont even get a chance to do it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

they built this next season for me

I'd like to thank whoever at sledge is personally giving me helltoys to ruin pubbies fun, you're doing gods work sir or ma'am

I can't stop cackling at the insanity of adding the IMS on a different score than the cluster mine

and then there's the loving mission control vest, which conveniently arrives just as I've been weaning myself off covert sneakers lately

that's going to enable a) endless cluster/IMS/sentry spam and b) increase gunships per hour and c) pair nicely with new streaks like the hovering death drones and the reaper

and more 6v6 maps and more AMPs (including one for the loving grenade launcher, which is just lmao - modular assault rig with thermite in Dom is already warcrimes, adding a thermite launching gl to that is warcrimes++)

annnnnd they're adding Demolition, the meanest spawn trap mode ever made

I think this may be the longest tail a cod has ever had in my group, and we're heading into a Treyarch cod that's had a full dev cycle on the new engine

as an MP codslop enjoyer, I'm eatin good

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I been enjoying the occasional quick MP game, I like the sneakers to be a silent boi with my hip fire shotgun.

Anyone jump over to try xDefiant? I may give that a whirl. I really just want a large map game like plunder mode that has respawns with different objectives. A PvPvE mode like DMZ but perhaps with respawns (I hate having to requeue) would be great. Why not done??

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

priznat posted:

I been enjoying the occasional quick MP game, I like the sneakers to be a silent boi with my hip fire shotgun.

Anyone jump over to try xDefiant? I may give that a whirl. I really just want a large map game like plunder mode that has respawns with different objectives. A PvPvE mode like DMZ but perhaps with respawns (I hate having to requeue) would be great. Why not done??

I played it a bit but the ability spam is just out of control and it feels worse to move around in to me

(seriously a team full of wall hacks is amazing, like wtf)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Xdefiant feels kinda good in spurts but yeah that Intel goggles ability is way too good

Meanwhile the cleaner fire drone doesn't handle any change in elevation

Also I feel like if you're sprinting and throw a grenade it gets stuck to you and you get to put a sad emote on your suicide

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I really like the maps in XDefiant, the spawns are pretty good and the game modes pretty much all have good flow to them, but yeah, there are definitely some kinks to work out. Hit registration is reaaaally questionable at times, the faction abilities need a good deal of balancing, and unlocking attachments for your guns is slow as poo poo. Also snipers seem to have like zero flinch.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

priznat posted:

I"ve played a few rounds (Xbox) - the controls feel 'floaty' to me after CoD. The maps seem pretty good - It's worth the price.

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

porktree posted:

I"ve played a few rounds (Xbox) - the controls feel 'floaty' to me after CoD. The maps seem pretty good - It's worth the price.

Cod feels better but after messing with the settings on XD I’m pretty happy with it now too.

I used this video as a reference and changed things around based on my own preferences https://youtu.be/hSH4jZZ4MMA?si=euElslDCRF_L2NQF

Regarding the ability spam, didn’t they say they will add a game mode without abilities? I like abilities but yea, the wall hack spam is a bit too much and is baffling how that got past testing especially since the game had open betas too.

With that being said, I always play these games while listening to my own music pretty loud so not having to rely on footsteps isn’t too bad for me lol.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I know a guy working in the play testing for xDefiant and hes has been complaining about that ability since he started the job lol.

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Laserface posted:

I know a guy working in the play testing for xDefiant and hes has been complaining about that ability since he started the job lol.

did he say if he was the only one complaining or how come they didn't listen?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Kefa posted:

did he say if he was the only one complaining or how come they didn't listen?

They don’t care if qa testers hate features they are supposed to find bugs!

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I don't know him very well and it was third hand info but it's Ubisoft and a cod-like so it's reasonable to assume they are applying the "let's break the game on purpose to drive up the player base" that COD has done every single season update since 2019 (and probably earlier since I checked out from blops2 thru to 2019)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
When I played the earliest closed beta tests it felt real floaty. Almost original Blops 1 in how it handled. Have they tightened it up at all since then?

Still has the stupidest goddamn name, though. They could at least have taken the "X" out of it.

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Kazinsal posted:

When I played the earliest closed beta tests it felt real floaty. Almost original Blops 1 in how it handled. Have they tightened it up at all since then?

Still has the stupidest goddamn name, though. They could at least have taken the "X" out of it.

I never played the betas but it feels fine to me. Not much different from MW3.
I like the X in the name and I hope people start calling it XD

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Feels floaty and the NetCode makes ADS feel really weird. Like the aim assist is tracking the predicted path of the enemy instead of where they actually are.

The characters are all terribly lame. Who the gently caress cares about any of these losers? Ubisoft protagonists? Snooze. 100% this was an accounting decision to save time on asset creation.

The abilities are also pretty OP (wall hack) or pretty worthless (most of the others)

Progression feels pretty slow but then again I'm playing pretty poorly because I don't know maps that well and only a few games at a time.

Feels like it would be better if it picked a lane instead of trying to be both COD and also Overwatch because it's probably not going to appeal to either.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Everyone on the Internet said to ads shotguns but it felt like they did half damage when I did that

Something screwy definitely happens when you ads

And from what I understand, none of the characters in xdefiant are from the games, they're just made in those styles

There's no cleaners I know by those names

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

There is definitely client side ADS that is getting mixed up with predictive movement or something on the server side. Seemed anyone that had a ping more than 15-20ms more than mine got weird when I tried to ADS. In them.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I mean, you only have to see how many times this game, with zero(?) bullet penetration, kills people through walls...

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

The characters are very lame yeah.

I'm having fun with the game though, really enjoying the maps. I could only play the small maps in MW3 since everything else is just way too campy and slow.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
apparently Maggie Thatcher and Saddam Hussein in the new CoD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V08UPqchVgQ

plus the player character might be Black? Sounds dope but I'm still cautious

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Zwille posted:

apparently Maggie Thatcher and Saddam Hussein in the new CoD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V08UPqchVgQ

plus the player character might be Black? Sounds dope but I'm still cautious

It's going to be very funny.

They won't be trying to be.

But it's going to be very funny.

There's a reason that COD has tried very hard to stay in a bubble around the years of 1970-2010. Anything before that is old enough that you can just do whatever you want with it, because WW2 and the Cold War have been so well tread in media that no one really cares (just don't touch Iran Contra). Anything after that has just been "lmao future war robots and space lasers!" so again, whatever you want. Inside that bubble has always been a wholly separate universe that's "inspired" by real world but with made up parties and agents and leaders. The most recent President they've touched was Reagan and that was barely a present roll with their use of him being very light.

Straight up having George HW Bush, Thatcher, Colin Powell, and Sadam talking about their world machinations is going to be....interesting.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Crain posted:

The most recent President they've touched was Reagan and that was barely a present roll with their use of him being very light.

Amusingly he respects the player character's use of non-binary pronouns if you picked that option.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Crain posted:

It's going to be very funny.

They won't be trying to be.

But it's going to be very funny.

There's a reason that COD has tried very hard to stay in a bubble around the years of 1970-2010. Anything before that is old enough that you can just do whatever you want with it, because WW2 and the Cold War have been so well tread in media that no one really cares (just don't touch Iran Contra). Anything after that has just been "lmao future war robots and space lasers!" so again, whatever you want. Inside that bubble has always been a wholly separate universe that's "inspired" by real world but with made up parties and agents and leaders. The most recent President they've touched was Reagan and that was barely a present roll with their use of him being very light.

Straight up having George HW Bush, Thatcher, Colin Powell, and Sadam talking about their world machinations is going to be....interesting.

Most of the dipshits that play these games don't even touch the story and/or know who Thatcher or Powell are. It's already fantasy to people who were born after the year 2000, which is probably 80% of the users

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Beastie posted:

Most of the dipshits that play these games don't even touch the story and/or know who Thatcher or Powell are. It's already fantasy to people who were born after the year 2000, which is probably 80% of the users

True enough. It's still going to be weird to see just how they're going to actually touch on the Gulf War and all that, as something actually connected to the real world conflict instead of a made up version with fake nations and combatants.

They are going to make the worst possible choices no matter what though.

I did see InkSlasher put up a video conspiracy theorizing that they're going to do something with 9/11. There's no way they'd touch that right?