Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
You fools! It's cached!

Edit: catched

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeZPxrkkcA4

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Karate Bastard posted:

I have no loving idea why people see joprs as an alpha male. He absolutely isn't, and makes no claims to be. His lectures seem to preach respect and attentiveness to your life partner, and to do whatever you find right in this world, and I find it hard to find fault with that.

Uh no. Maybe you should join us in the Jorp Thread to see all the reprehensible stuff the man says, with which I'm sure you'll find it very easy to find fault.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

I have no loving idea why people see joprs as an alpha male. He absolutely isn't, and makes no claims to be. His lectures seem to preach respect and attentiveness to your life partner, and to do whatever you find right in this world, and I find it hard to find fault with that.

That said, I don't really give a poo poo what you jerk it to, and what you don't, and would rather not have known, what a got dang dumb thing to post. I guess he isn't off his benzos.
Karate Bastard

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Every white mass shooter with a racist manifesto absolutely loves this guy.

I will not question why and just assume the old guy who talks about white genocide and the demonic left is just a sweet old grandpa.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

quote from shark fan: "drat this jordan peterson dude is alright"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Terry fans psyching themselves to make women and minorities pay for their destruction of the divine destiny of western civilization.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

wait, what's in those oranges

knew it. classic shark behaviour.

drat terry, you really are a piece of poo poo.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

His lectures seem to preach respect and attentiveness to your life partner, and to do whatever you find right in this world, and I find it hard to find fault with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9PEUAbgEBs

He is literally indistinguishable from an incel.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 22:42 on May 18, 2022

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

OwlFancier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9PEUAbgEBs

He is literally indistinguishable from an incel.

Why is there a ding at 2:01, and the reindeer from One Piece appears in the corner at 3:01?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

What are those supposed to be

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Jorp attracts a lot of disaffected straight white dudes in the internet because he's a father figure. His books are basic self help poo poo that a father figure would ordinarily teach them. That mutates out into racism, sexism, and homo/transphobia because they're rebelling against an internet culture that is female/PoC/queer-forward (as the internet enables communities for these people that may not be available to them locally) and can be antagonistic to cishet white men. That's only the superficial reason, of course, because the real reason they're sad, disaffected, and disenfranchised is because of class structures in capitalism, but everyone is an aspirational billionaire, so Jorp and his minions turn their anxieties at them.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

quote:

Jorp chat

There's a lot not to like about JP, but there's something about all this I can't wrap my head around. He's supposed to be one of those "we have to go back to traditional masculine values before technology and women's' rights" guys, right? The kind that gets all worked up about the idea of men in Paleolithic times, ancient Rome, the British colonial era, that kind of thing?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is how can he possibly say with a straight face that the historical men of the archetypes he admires (or his fantasy version of them, I guess?) weren't totally jazzed about the concept of a beautiful thick curvy woman. Is he just a hypocrite or is he actually that stupid?

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Karate Bastard posted:

His lectures seem to preach respect and attentiveness to your life partner, and to do whatever you find right in this world, and I find it hard to find fault with that.

Lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

What are those supposed to be

Multivitamins

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Fyadophobic posted:

. Is he just a hypocrite or is he actually that stupid?

Yes.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fyadophobic posted:

There's a lot not to like about JP, but there's something about all this I can't wrap my head around. He's supposed to be one of those "we have to go back to traditional masculine values before technology and women's' rights" guys, right? The kind that gets all worked up about the idea of men in Paleolithic times, ancient Rome, the British colonial era, that kind of thing?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is how can he possibly say with a straight face that the historical men of the archetypes he admires (or his fantasy version of them, I guess?) weren't totally jazzed about the concept of a beautiful thick curvy woman. Is he just a hypocrite or is he actually that stupid?

He's really, really loving stupid.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
i bet jorp loves terry

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Every time that benzo addict open his mouth all I hear is Kermit the Frog.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
"lobsters" peterson is literally a fascist, and if you can't tell that from reading any random paragraph that the man has written, then you're really politically illiterate

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fyadophobic posted:

Why would you think he's trying to emulate anything accurately.

He's made up a whole religion based on stupid discredited strawmen like "lobsters" and "alpha wolves" and "golden age" that only exist in the imagination of people who think there's some secret recipe or magic spell that can make them get laid.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah it's not history, it's mythmaking, which is to history as sunny delight is to orange juice.

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Hot drat free drugs! Thanks Terry you're the best

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Terry has a history, a problematic one.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Fyadophobic posted:

Has he ever addressed whether or not he himself embodies a trad man's power to any degree, because that weepy bitch can't stop getting the sad trembles in public about Disney cartoons and titty mags, so is that what he imagines masculine warrior poets of the past getting up to?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mysterious frankie posted:

Has he ever addressed whether or not he himself embodies a trad man's power to any degree, because that weepy bitch can't stop getting the sad trembles in public about Disney cartoons and titty mags, so is that what he imagines masculine warrior poets of the past getting up to?

Are we still talking about Terry?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Terry thinks Jorp is a salty bitch and thats coming from a sea dweller.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I don't see the flintstones

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

mysterious frankie posted:

I mean, Hitler wasn't tall, blond-haired and blue-eyed either.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hyperlynx posted:

I mean, Hitler wasn't tall, blond-haired and blue-eyed either.

Yeah but he also didn't look and sound like a muppet

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The very worst thing about Jorp, far more than anything else, is that his takes are so unbelievably bad that the entire internet talks about them, and every single thread on this forum is simultaneously derailed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hahahahah

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Terry's got to be a female shark, right? They don't get "fat" but they do get very very pregnant.
I expect the Goon OverMind will shortly provide a selachian reproductive ecologist to clear this all up

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Are we still talking about Terry?

Lets just say Terry and Mike Tyson have a lot in common.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That could also be pretty much any RW "intellectual"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah but he also didn't look and sound like a muppet

Ehhhh...debatable.