Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Acne Rain posted:

3) scramble city's overrated anyway. Awesome, my arms can be LEGS!!!!

Yeah you're just gonna put them in their traditional spots anyway, and I'd rather have a less compromised triple-changer than a quadruple-changer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

catch22 posted:

Yeah you're just gonna put them in their traditional spots anyway, and I'd rather have a less compromised triple-changer than a quadruple-changer.
I totally agree and I was bitching about it before, but I think scramble city is actually a concession to the nature of the toy market. This way, you can just buy any four limbs and you have a combiner, which is going to happen to some kids out there who buy into it.

As long as they don't drop it all the way back to the shin armor point I think that Superion looks pretty good for their set of concessions.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I want someone to buy four sets and make four Superions with all four limbs being the same dudes.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Captain Invictus posted:

I want someone to buy four sets and make four Superions with all four limbs being the same dudes.

Peaugh will do it, someone ask him quick

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Also is that a new Powerglide coming out or did I somehow miss that awesome looking one at some point?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

strangehamster posted:

Peaugh will do it, someone ask him quick

If Superion is like FoC Bruticus, there will be enough repaints that someone will own all of them and be able to do this.

That someone will probably be peaugh

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

There is a new Powerglide coming out.

There was also an awesome looking one in the DOTM line. But he doesn't turn into a gun for Superion.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
MP Bumblebee is an awesome little dude. After the release of this thing, there never needs to be another Bumblebee ever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Edit:

Har har I am dumb plastic robot plastic robot.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 7, 2014

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Does she like Transformers?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

Does she like Transformers?

Whoops! Wrong thread!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

Whoops! Wrong thread!

If anyone wants a big box not a KO TRU Masterpiece Prowl I got a couple extra, in a box perfectly sized for it (it's as big as an XBox lolol) the price is about $50 shipped, if you want it loose you can save about $5.

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 7, 2014

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I'm impressed with that Hasbro Superion. The individual bots, less so. 3p's have spoiled me on rotating wrists, ankle joints, and limbs that actually fold away in vehicle mode.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Joe Fisto posted:

MP Bumblebee is an awesome little dude. After the release of this thing, there never needs to be another Bumblebee ever.
Mine came in today and he is just great. For some reason I really like the way his doors fold over his heels. The yellow mismatch in some spots would be my only complaint.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

The Goon posted:

I'm impressed with that Hasbro Superion. The individual bots, less so. 3p's have spoiled me on rotating wrists, ankle joints, and limbs that actually fold away in vehicle mode.

Considering how much those things cost individually they had BETTER have those things. :v:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
About Columpio, my comment earlier about the weapons pegging into storage was not that they didn't fit, more like it makes his back a big mess of kibble that limits his articulation. He does feel a little light, MP Sideswipe, fully loaded with all his gear, weighs more than Columpio with all of his. Doesn't feel flimsy, just lighter.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

3 posted:

So Superion looks pretty ace. I like the new connector style too, it looks like the limbs slot in laterally instead of having to be plugged in, which will probably help reduce stress marks.

:wink:

EDIT: Bonus Powerglide:

Okay I'm dumb why are they releasing four out of the five Superion guys and then also Drag Strip.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Okay I'm dumb why are they releasing four out of the five Superion guys and then also Drag Strip.

Because 4 aircraft, all belonging to the same faction, and nothing else makes for dull wave

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

You're buying 4 guys might as well grab a fifth and now you have to buy another 4 to complete the combiner. Welcome to hell.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Didn't you know about the heroic Aerialbot Drag Strip?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

XavierGenisi posted:

Didn't you know about the heroic Aerialbot Drag Strip?

The Evil Decepticon Drag Strip was once an Aerialbot! Landing assistant and chase car to the Reconnaisance Aerialbot Overwatch, Drag Strip was injured when his partner botched a landing! Punished unfairly for the accident, Drag Strip now seeks to bring down the Aerialbots from the inside, and has secretly allied himself with Motormaster and his Stunticons!

Phy fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 7, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The same people (I think) also have pictures of that voyager Prime remolded from Motormaster and... actually it looks rather decent now, just a nice voyager sized, combining Prime. I'm still waiting for Motormaster though, I think he looks sick.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do we know who the Aerialbots are getting remolded into?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nope, but Alpha Bravo has a mysteriously Vortex-y face and he also can work as Blades. There might be more molds coming since the Protectobots are apparently semi-confirmed (I think the emergency response sets might have been released to keep the name copyrights, mainly)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd expect to see a bot replace Optimus and Silver Bolt but still use the same limb bots to save money.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

People have done lists, but it is hard to determine how deep they'll go on the line without having the toys in hand to figure out how much remolding it would take to turn X into Y, and knowing how much remolding they're willing to do. Defensor and Bruticus seem a given, but the others, who knows.

What I'm looking forward to are the TFCC/botcon remolds in a year or two. 3P prices for not-3P-grade combiners! I can not loving wait.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I fully expect to see a Megatron with Aerialbots awkwardly repainted as Seekers for limbs.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

I fully expect to see a Megatron with Aerialbots awkwardly repainted as Seekers for limbs.

Instead of a limb, Starscream is legends class and becomes a gun.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The MSJ posted:

Instead of a limb, Starscream is legends class and becomes a gun.

This isn't a joke, Legends Thundercracker can supposedly do this.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

TheDK posted:

Mine came in today and he is just great. For some reason I really like the way his doors fold over his heels. The yellow mismatch in some spots would be my only complaint.

It seems to be so hard to match the painted plastic to the colored plastic. Its less noticeable in 'bot mode and that's what is most important to me.

Also, Brainstorm showed up today from Hasbrotoyshop. Pretty sweet headmaster. I have the Fansproject Smartrobin, and they're both great in their own ways.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can't wait for MP Bumblebee to show up, I ordered him ages ago from that japanese place and he's en route.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Kmart has Transformers for 50% off in stores and on their website

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
with some creative remolding, it shouldn't be too hard to get Monstructor, Abominus, Piranhacon and Predaking out of similar molds. Rippersnapper is basically a shark Seacon anyway, and quite a few of the monstructors just look like Blight/blot.

Also went to TRU the other day, and saw a mother trying to buy some TF for her 10 year old son, which were stuff like Constructbots and some of the ratter AoE stuff, managed to get her to pick up Gen Skywarp, Jhiaxus, the mini-con team, and Swerve. You're welcome kid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

catch22 posted:

Kmart has Transformers for 50% off in stores and on their website

Bah, last K-Mart in town is closing and already cleared out.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

This isn't a joke, Legends Thundercracker can supposedly do this.

But legends Thundercracker is a straight repaint of the legends seeker mold TAIIIINT REEEEAAAAAPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Blackheart posted:

TAIIIINT REEEEAAAAAPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

What a thrill
With darkness and silence through the night
What a thrill
I'm searching and I'll melt into you
What a fear in my heart
But you're so supreme!

TAINT REAPER!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, I really want that Microblaze Bruticus but I doubt they're going to release him in the G2 deco.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

What a thrill
With darkness and silence through the night
What a thrill
I'm searching and I'll melt into you
What a fear in my heart
But you're so supreme!

TAINT REAPER!

TAINT! TAINT REAPER!!!
He faces the taint while others will not, he's
TAINT! TAINT REAPER!!!
Stay in the kitchen when the kitchen gets hot!
TAINT! TAINT REAPER!!!
He reaps the nightmares, faces the dread
TAINT! TAINT REAPER!!!
Don't try to beat him, you're better off dead!

TAINT! TAINT REEEEEAAAAPERRRRRR!!!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Man, I really want that Microblaze Bruticus but I doubt they're going to release him in the G2 deco.

If it sells well they'd be fools not to release a G2 version. The current one's packaging even says "first release". They said they'd comment on their ideas for G2 / Takara versions some time after releasing this one. That said I believe you can still get a Platinum Bruticus really easy, and you get a pimped up FoC Grimlock too, which... has got its flaws but I still like.

If nobody here gets it first I'll comment a bit on this set once it gets home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

If it sells well they'd be fools not to release a G2 version. The current one's packaging even says "first release". They said they'd comment on their ideas for G2 / Takara versions some time after releasing this one. That said I believe you can still get a Platinum Bruticus really easy, and you get a pimped up FoC Grimlock too, which... has got its flaws but I still like.

If nobody here gets it first I'll comment a bit on this set once it gets home.

The Plat Bruticus set is sold out and going for a premium last I checked. I still have a boxed G2 set and was never really that impressed but god drat does that new set change things.