Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Why do people so desperately want a Blazblue fisticuffs? Do they think SBF will suddenly change their minds like Pat playing Arcana Heart and be like "Wow, why didn't we play this sooner!"

Actually Blazblue on Scrublords with everyone making GBS threads on it might shut people up.*

*This is impossible, nerds will never shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Just make fake blazblue and ultimax title cards and put them on every FNF

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The last episode of Until Dawn should just be Third Strike.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Until Dawn spoilers.
I wonder how the guys will react to Mike's near indestructible plot armor.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

HGH posted:

Until Dawn spoilers.

They would need to know about it first.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HGH posted:

Until Dawn spoilers.

There's really no way to know about it on your first playthrough unless you spend your entire run trying to get him killed. The game disguises it fairly well. They set Mike up to be the stereotypical character who can survive crazy poo poo through sheer dumb luck, and most of the points where you can ALMOST get him killed through inaction turn out that way in the end.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Im almost done with part 13, and based on how much time is left, I dont think Im going to like their choice with Ashley :smith:

edit: Good choice!!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've never seen anyone gently caress up that way with Mike, how the hell does the game justify him not dying?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

MrAristocrates posted:

I've never seen anyone gently caress up that way with Mike, how the hell does the game justify him not dying?

You'll see, but if you don't want to wait: There are two ways that sequence can end: With Mike blowing up the Sanatorium by blasting all the video game fire barrels, or by the player loving up and getting in a tangle with a wendigo. If the latter happens, Sam's next gameplay sequence coming up is extended a little bit. The player has to go inside the sanatorium to find Mike as per the gang's earlier plan, and she smacks the wendigo off of Mike with a shovel at the last second.

Well, maybe. I've never seen anyone gently caress up that specific QTE so maybe it's different based on where you gently caress up, but Mike definitely cannot die at all in this sequence even if you do literally nothing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Christ matt/patt, you referenced THIS???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU9c0j4iOtw

Tae fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 26, 2015

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Warren is a god drat hero, Liam can go sit on it. :colbert:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Kind of a dick move on the game there to not have the wolf follow you through the door. I'm surprised that so many people did that prompt ASAP and are ripping on Matt for it since I would've done exactly the same thing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pigbuster posted:

Kind of a dick move on the game there to not have the wolf follow you through the door. I'm surprised that so many people did that prompt ASAP and are ripping on Matt for it since I would've done exactly the same thing.

The dog went through the real path because he's smart.

"Mike, where you going? That's a dead en-ah gently caress it. See ya. Woof woof."

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Tae posted:

Christ matt/patt, you referenced THIS???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU9c0j4iOtw

:laffo:

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
On the latest 'til Dawn, Matt just inadvertently avoided Ashley getting decapitated by a wendigo. Proposed nickname: Fortunate Snake.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Matt and Pat may hate Emily too much.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Matt and Pat may hate Emily too much.

Impossible

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Kins posted:

The last episode of Until Dawn should just be Third Strike.

I hope they manage to make it out with everyone alive. I have a feeling they might (ending spoilers) flick the switch a bit too early and blow up half the cast

Pat's very nonchalant "eh, I could eat a person." during the cannibalism discussion was great.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Sep 27, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

them getting mad at her getting mad at the girl who tried to get her shot was ridiculous

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Ashley seems to have dialogue that makes her seem really inconsistent.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She seems like someone who cracks easily under pressure which the Emily bit was a good example of, she panicked and caused a horrible situation.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ashley's prone to throwing other people under the bus.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Emily constantly berating her boyfriend even to the point of near-death was a pretty big negative

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tae posted:

Emily constantly berating her boyfriend even to the point of near-death was a pretty big negative

I feel like there's a scene that they may have missed where it's mentioned that she has a massive inferiority complex and her lashing out is part of that

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

Captain Invictus posted:

I feel like there's a scene that they may have missed where it's mentioned that she has a massive inferiority complex and her lashing out is part of that

Wasn't that referenced by Dr. Hill when they said they disliked her?

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

them getting mad at her getting mad at the girl who tried to get her shot was ridiculous

Agreed, I don't know why they reacted so strongly. If I were her, I'd slap the poo poo out of Ashley.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Missed Celebrity Deathmatch the first time around. The contempt is palpable.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ashley and Emily are very similar in the way they react to stress and I feel like that's probably at least a bit intentional. Their personalities are different but they both crack and throw others under the bus very easily under stress.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That slapping scene made me like Emily a lot more than I previously did

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

CJacobs posted:

Ashley and Emily are very similar in the way they react to stress and I feel like that's probably at least a bit intentional. Their personalities are different but they both crack and throw others under the bus very easily under stress.

Emily doesn't crack under pressure her flaw is that she is too aggressive like charging out into the snowy wilderness in the middle of the night for lost luggage and bitching out Matt constantly when asking for his help. But she also charges out to the fire tower to radio for help, escapes the mine and says nothing but logical and correct things as she screams expletives at people. Ashley is just the damsel in distress so far.

Dmitri-9 fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Sep 27, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
*babbles and whines incoherently when asked to speak slowly and carefully by radio guy multiple times*

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

How close are they to finishing Until Dawn? I wanna wait until it's finished to binge watch it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Two episodes at most.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They have at least 3 more since they're exploring, and a couple scenes have very long run times.

edit: Unless they make the next two episodes like 40+ minutes, and they did just skip an incredibly long scene with Mike accidentally.

Tae fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Sep 27, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Emily's awesome.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

They have at least 3 more since they're exploring, and a couple scenes have very long run times.

edit: Unless they make the next two episodes like 40+ minutes, and they did just skip an incredibly long scene with Mike accidentally.

They could just make the finale episode an hour long, they've done that a lot.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
I don't see how ANYONE could possibly defend Emily's character and personality when she's expressly written to be the "bitchy girl" stereotype that people are suppose to hate. The one that's in every horror movie. You know, the point of the game?

She long since damned herself in my eyes in the very first scene, where she goes, "COME ON, HANNAH! IT WAS JUST A JOKE!"

Like, gently caress you.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The only character I really feel bad for is Josh and that's only because he's got two dead sisters and Peter Stomare in his head.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

TheRealestMatt posted:

I don't see how ANYONE could possibly defend Emily's character and personality when she's expressly written to be the "bitchy girl" stereotype that people are suppose to hate. The one that's in every horror movie. You know, the point of the game?

She long since damned herself in my eyes in the very first scene, where she goes, "COME ON, HANNAH! IT WAS JUST A JOKE!"

Like, gently caress you.

Emm, what about Mike, then? You know, the jock stereotype who pulled this prank in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mike redeemed himself multiple times. What has Emily done for anyone but herself