Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Mido posted:

this hurts to read

dsyp!!!!

mlyp!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mido posted:

dsyp!!!!

mlyp!!!!!!

Pick one, scrub

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Subjunctive posted:

doesn't California have a 3-day buyer's remorse thing? I recall something like that from when I bought my car a few years ago. I thought it was specifically for these cases where you get home and realize you didn't get what you wanted.

I thought about that too because they told me something like that last time I bought a car but it looks like you have to pay extra for it at least in CA http://www.californiaconsumerattorneys.com/cooling-off-periods-and-the-10-day-rule/

they probably waive the cost or charge .01 if your credit is good and/or you're buying a really nice car just to look magnanimous

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

my credit was non-existent and I was buying a Kia Optima, but I am quite attractive.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Shaggar posted:

buses and street cars are poo poo

i take the streetcar to work every day it owns, covers 8km in 20 minutes and i can rest my face against the window glass mmm nice

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
nice 3 day old shaggaring

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

he just got off the streetcar, give him a break

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Munkeymon posted:

I thought about that too because they told me something like that last time I bought a car but it looks like you have to pay extra for it at least in CA http://www.californiaconsumerattorneys.com/cooling-off-periods-and-the-10-day-rule/

of course a consumer protection would be an optional extra in glorious america. be sure to get the magazine subscription where you can find coupons for our extended returns policy (extends to 7 days).

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

quote not edit

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Moist von Lipwig posted:

i take the streetcar to work every day it owns, covers 8km in 20 minutes and i can rest my face against the window glass mmm nice

i like streetcars more than most but it's hard to brag about 24km/h average speed, downtown T.O. or otherwise

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

hate

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

theflyingexecutive posted:

or one year later, in the first half of a one term democrat president

i just realized that its entirely possible hillary clinton could get elected then get booted out after one term

lol that would be a great highlight of an empire falling into ruins. she could go down in history as the Sulla of America

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Nagato posted:

i just realized that its entirely possible hillary clinton could get elected then get booted out after one term

lol that would be a great highlight of an empire falling into ruins. she could go down in history as the Sulla of America

If you're one of the green-skinned communist weirdos who frequents D&D like me this is the second-most-likely outcome we're considering afaik

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

If you're one of the green-skinned communist weirdos who frequents D&D like me this is the second-most-likely outcome we're considering afaik

what's the first, jeb?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Stringent posted:

what's the first, jeb?

Democrat Dynasty continuing at least until the Republican party becomes less horribly fractured and learns how to talk to brown people and women without making an rear end of itself (so never)

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

distant second

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Democrat Dynasty continuing at least until the Republican party becomes less horribly fractured and learns how to talk to brown people and women without making an rear end of itself (so never)

yeah ok, you guys are morons

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i also think the republicans will never win another presidential election ever

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

republicans were talking about permanent house majorities in like 2006

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

fart simpson posted:

honestly it's entirely possible for them to win for a few more decades but the demographic shift will eventually kill them at the national level unless they heavily restructure and change a lot of their messaging and lol if they'll ever confront that reality. they'll continue to control far too many state-level governments for a long time, though.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

you don't have to appeal to women and minorities as long as you can suppress and marginalize their votes

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Ted Cruz will be our next and final president before the world ends in nuclear fire

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

fritz posted:

you don't have to appeal to women and minorities as long as you can suppress and marginalize their votes

they can't

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I live in a red county in Florida in a very segregated city

old white people part of town: a million voting precincts with a million voting booths (we use scanned ballots not computers), no lines

MY BLACK FRIEND in the black people part of town: many precincts with one voting machine due to "shortages" and lines of up to 8 hours

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Luigi Thirty posted:

old white people part of town: a million voting precincts with a million voting booths (we use scanned ballots not computers), no lines

MY BLACK FRIEND in the black people part of town: many precincts with one voting machine due to "shortages" and lines of up to 8 hours

I live in a red county in texas

that doesn't happen

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Texas, for all its faults, isn't Florida

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Luigi Thirty posted:

and yet barrack HUSSEIN obama managed to win two terms

now someone do the diebold voting machine election rigging thing that was supposed to fix the 2008 election

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

FMguru posted:

and yet barrack HUSSEIN obama managed to win two terms

now someone do the diebold voting machine election rigging thing that was supposed to fix the 2008 election

that just means they'll do it better next time

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

hobbesmaster posted:

republicans were talking about permanent house majorities in like 2006

gerrymandering and vote suppression work great at a local level.

the GOP might have secured that permanent majority.

fart simpson posted:

gerrymandering and vote suppression won't buy you a presidency.

the democrats have 239 out of the needed 270 electoral votes right out the gate. a democratic candidate can carry just one swing state and win an election

a republican candidate has to take every swing state.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I just don't want hillary idt she can win the general

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

gerrymandering and vote suppression won't buy you a presidency.

the democrats have 239 out of the needed 270 electoral votes right out the gate. a democratic candidate can carry just one swing state and win an election

a republican candidate has to take every swing state.
and the forces driving the domination of democrats at the presidential level (ongoing demographic shifts and the de-whitening of america) are going to continue getting stronger for the next several decades

seriously, take a look at a map (270towin.com is a good one) and show me which combination of states going blue to red will give a republican candidate the white house going forward, especially as (liberal) millenials enter the voting pool and horrible old white boomers die off in droves

shame about the house and (especially) the senate though...

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

theflyingexecutive posted:

I just don't want hillary idt she can win the general

yeah, but who

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

"the country will be better when old people all die off" -everyone since 1970

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
well, that's just what my palm flower says

e: palm not hand

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 26, 2015

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Stringent posted:

yeah, but who

exactly :I

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Luigi Thirty posted:

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

advances in medicine are delaying the inevitable but we will one day see the great boomer die-off

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

bassguitarhero posted:

advances in medicine are delaying the inevitable

life expectancy hasn't gone up that much, only about 5 years from 1970

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
there should probably be some kind of mandate for all states to support voting by mail and then a fine if you never go to a stupid retard booth like an idiot or never mail your ballot in like a smart, handsome stud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
it still blows my mind that an empire with the world socially, culturally, economically, militarily, etc under its thumb is significantly swayed by states with nothing more than dirt fields and angry shithead dirt farmers.

• Locked thread