Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Wilko posted:

So I've been making this the last few weeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NpRHtGGhB0

:captainpop: Jesus christ, wilko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Wilko posted:

So I've been making this the last few weeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NpRHtGGhB0

:sbahj:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

nthing that video being rad...

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

nuketitan.jpg

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

A friend of mine has bought himself a PS4 and Titanfall. I'm looking forward to showing him the ropes and bouncing off a wall 50ft above his head and kicking it down into his abdomen. I predict he'll struggle with the whole 'ground is lava' thing considering every other FPS game he's played has been super ground based.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Looks like the Google Sheet is pretty inactive.

I just bought this game for PS4. Is there still a good amount of goons that play every night? I've been looking for a game I can play regularly and use my mic.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

There are still a bunch o PS4 goons that keep playing. I don't play as often because I'm focusing more on The División (PC) and BF1 (PS4) both with goons. It helps if you are not european like me as most of the ps4 goons are from NA.

Add me and send me a msg if you see me online, I'll happily close whatever I'm playing in favor of TF2. PSN: Guillermus_

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Guillermus posted:

There are still a bunch o PS4 goons that keep playing. I don't play as often because I'm focusing more on The División (PC) and BF1 (PS4) both with goons. It helps if you are not european like me as most of the ps4 goons are from NA.

Add me and send me a msg if you see me online, I'll happily close whatever I'm playing in favor of TF2. PSN: Guillermus_

Word. I’ll add you tonight.

I’m in east coast US. My psn is ghost_throw

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Just got around to the single player campaign and drat that was good. Probably the best one I've played in a good 5 years or so.

Quick question though, at the end of the credits the pilot helmet blinking like there's a phone call or something, is that supposed to be bt?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Field Mousepad posted:

Quick question though, at the end of the credits the pilot helmet blinking like there's a phone call or something, is that supposed to be bt?

Yup, in code.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Oh hell yeah

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

BT is Cool.
BT is my friend

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Digirat posted:

BT is Cool.
BT is my friend

🙌🏽 🙌🏽

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Digirat posted:

BT is Cool.
BT is my friend

:yeah:

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

I bought Titanfall 2 for $10 a few weeks ago and while I toyed a little bit with the multiplayer, I was suprised how much I enjoyed the single player. I didn't really understand the world at all, or why I am on that planet, or why I am fighting who I am. Also the enemy AI was meh. However, the gameplay was amazing The level with the time shifts is one of the most innovative things I've seen in an FPS since portal , the weapons all felt really great, and the relationship between you and BT has several :3: moments. Some of the environments were absolutely gorgeous as well.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Very glad they added 2 uses to grapple back. I put it on every single kit for FD and it doesn't feel like anything else is even worth using in that mode

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Digirat posted:

Very glad they added 2 uses to grapple back. I put it on every single kit for FD and it doesn't feel like anything else is even worth using in that mode

honestly I would have been fine with unlimited charges from the get-go or a much lower cooldown after two uses, while buffing the rest a bit?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

When I tried competitive I couldn't use grapple since I didn't know the maps to take advantage of it. I got the most mileage out of stim and felt a lot safer with that around. But in coop grapple feels like the only option.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I feel the safest behind an A-Wall with an R97 and some esmoke to back me up. Plus, every once in a while I get to Plinko that A-Wall disc off of some fool's head.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
That assembly line level was the poo poo. It was like The Stanley Parable’s spatial fuckery in an actual game.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The game owns from start to finish.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I remember there was some japanese youtube video of somebody playing this with some anime girl in the bottom corner and vocal software used for commentary. Something about that over this gameplay and the player getting stoked over playing Legion stuck with me. Does somebody have a link for that?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

snoremac posted:

That assembly line level was the poo poo. It was like The Stanley Parable’s spatial fuckery in an actual game.

That level is great but the best is even yet to come :buddy:

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

The matchmaking in this game is....not great

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Digirat posted:

That level is great but the best is even yet to come :buddy:

I'd say the assembly line is the best level, followed by the airship level which is a bit too short. Cause and Effect is pretty novel though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah when you’re getting thrown by BT ship to ship that poo poo was the best

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah when you’re getting thrown by BT ship to ship that poo pooeverything was the best

:agreed:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Field Mousepad posted:

Just got around to the single player campaign and drat that was good. Probably the best one I've played in a good 5 years or so.

Just a reminder that BT downloaded part of his personality into Jack's helmet for the time-travel level so he could keep in touch with you in the past...

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just a reminder that BT downloaded part of his personality into Jack's helmet for the time-travel level so he could keep in touch with you in the past...

Ahh I forgot about that. Fuckin great level by the way.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, I was really, really happy with how good the single player mode was considering the multiplayer focus. They went above and beyond.

I do wish it had an NG+ mode so you could go through the early levels with new titans though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Titanfall 3 bring back BT for your titan and make sarah the character or someone else who will be more interesting than jack

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Digirat posted:

Titanfall 3 bring back BT for your titan and make sarah the character or someone else who will be more interesting than jack

Titanfall 3: The Totally Awesome Adventures of Davis and Droz?

=DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Other unanswered questions I would like answered:

* Why does Sarah have to assure us that we're "working for the good guys"?
* What's Gates's deal?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 29, 2017

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

* What's Gates's deal?

F A M I L Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyVZa-jYM2s

FAAAMMMIIILLLLYYYYYY

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 29, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Titanfall 3: The Totally Awesome Adventures of Davis and Droz

loving sold.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Titanfall 3: The Totally Awesome Adventures of Davis and Droz?

=DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Other unanswered questions I would like answered:

* Why does Sarah have to assure us that we're "working for the good guys"?

Because you're a mercenary Pilot in multiplayer.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

And I thought I had enough reasons to not watch the fast and furious.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

This makes me ill.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The amount of work that goes into the environments is awe-inspiring. They didn't need to do it, but you can tell they went the extra mile. I spent about twenty minutes exploring that satellite dish and the surrounding fog in The Beacon.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

snoremac posted:

The amount of work that goes into the environments is awe-inspiring. They didn't need to do it, but you can tell they went the extra mile. I spent about twenty minutes exploring that satellite dish and the surrounding fog in The Beacon.

The Beacon is such a cool level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
The music in the Beacon is the best, as is getting a shot at the weird Arnie mercy and catching Blisk’s attention. The single player in this is just so tight as far as the pacing and writing goes... it’s nothing too wild (the gameplay is the innovative part) but it’s a nice, simple story told pretty effectively. Link to pilot. Uphold the mission. Protect the pilot. BT is a great character and earning his respect felt really earned in a way you rarely get with shooter characters. Blisk was an effective villain who was menacing and despicable without being cartoonish or gross. The game hints at a larger world without boring us with details and uses characters like Marder to quickly establish the stakes and reasons for why you’re the good guy.

Also I’ve been enjoying the multi in this again. If I’m on PS4 is anyone else also playing? Is there a group or something to join?