Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Risc1911 posted:

Anyone know if CIG is at PAX East? Starts today...

They're not, but! They'll do a concept sale instead

Cat tax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

CountDrac posted:

Why the hell would they install fancy immersion doors when they are on the brink of bankrupcy? Does not compute.
:psyboom:
"Hello future investors, look at this great place we've created with all of this tacky styling and overpriced furniture...would you like to buy all this for a dollar?"

Hey Sandi, given the 90's are coming back in style, do you have a marble inlay of the company logo on the reception floor yet? All the cool game companies did it in the 90's, like Ion Storm and 3D Realms.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

hakimashou posted:

Today you just have to memorize the correct spelling for a given word, almost like a Chinese character.

Yeah, that's how I see it. There's still a ton of rules that you can follow and correctly guess how most words work, so it's not all random (yet? :v:), but some are just way out there.

Didn't know about why this happened though, interesting stuff.

I guess with my language having a much shorter literary history, this hasn't happened. We still write what we speak with few exceptions, and the first book ever (which only happned in 1550) is perfectly readable, but a couple words here and there are spelled differently than in modern language. Reads more like a dialect than.. well,

this :v:

This owns.

Xaerael posted:

To be honest, we hit more nerves at CIG HQ than a dentist who refuses to use anesthetic.

:laffo:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Exinos posted:

A lot of backer money has also been used towards Sandi's dream of being a movie star.

A dream so impossible it makes star citizen seem likely.

This was petty hilarious and deserves a second look.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lladre posted:

:agreed:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

s/tar and feather citizen

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Lavish spending on ultimately meaningless appearances probably looks like a sure sign of success and stability to the uninformed but to anybody with even a smidge of industry awareness it looks like the rockstar extravagances that John Romero and Ion Storm fell victim to during the development of Daikatana.

That's why all that wasteful spending makes Chris Roberts look like an idiot. Because he's acting like one.

You mean the Best drat Doom Clone Ever?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Lladre posted:

i already emailed CS about sandi's film career, it was actually just a garage door opener and some plywood that the crew painted, cost like 18 dollars tops

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Xaerael posted:

To be honest, we hit more nerves at CIG HQ than a dentist who refuses to use anesthetic.

This is what really amazing to me. Most companies wouldn't give a poo poo about what random nerds on the internet are saying, but CIG responds to the events of this thread time and time again. At the best it's a testament to the narcissism of CIG's leaders, at the worst it is evidence that things really are just that dire over there.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
Here's the thing about their over indulgent spending--they recognize that it looks bad but also desperately want to show it off to everyone. So the solution, I guess, is to show it off and then try to make it sound better than it actually is. At this point their best bet would be to shut the hell up.

I can say that, secure in the knowledge that they won't actually take the advice, because too many people there have egos too large to contemplate the idea of keeping quiet.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Io_ posted:

You mean the Best drat Doom Clone Ever?

While both names start out the same way, Croteam and Crytek are not the same company. :colbert:

Tippis fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 21, 2016

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Daztek posted:

They're not, but! They'll do a concept sale instead

Cat tax:

oh man gerbils are my favourite breed of cat, here are some more

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
What would happen if this thread went full on stealth mode and everyone just stopped posting for like 2 months? What would happen to CIG?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

AP posted:

He's the head of UK customer support, gently caress him, I'm not going to feel bad because some goons gave him grief on twitter, I didn't, I posted it in a thread with dozens of pages a day, he should know better and I'm sure he does now.

This is the shitposting extravaganza that is the SC thread. If you wanna have feelings and sad brains go to E/N or TFF where that kinda poo poo is allowable

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Molotov Cock Tale posted:

I skipped a few pages, is stimsis still desperately trying to derail the story about how cig spent 20 grand on a door then lied about it on camera?

Because it really seemed like he was so I assume the thread has hit a giant nerve at shill HQ.

STIMSIS is currently the best indicator the thread has of the damage we're currently doing at CIG LA headquarters. When STIMSIS posts appear, check the last few pages. Whatever was being discussed is now verified 100% accurate. Double-down on that attack - in this case, it was the real cost of those doors becoming widely-accepted publicly, especially since they're on the record lying about it. That wasted cash was a poorly-timed reveal considering Chris's recent "Minimum Viable Product" announcement, and they're having a hell of a time with damage control right now. Sandi's narcissism and stupidity make her think that it's her responsibility as "VP of Marketing" to make sure every little bullshit cutesy thing going on at CIG needs to be tweeted to the world. This is awesome for us, because it means a limitless supply of humor, but it sucks for CIG, because they'll never be able to have a professional outward appearance with her around.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Where can I learn more about goon valor? Please and thank you.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

MeLKoR posted:

The reason this baffles me so much is that there's nothing even remotely like this in my language, you can pretty much pronounce every word correctly even if you never encountered it before. The closest thing that comes to mind is "principe" (prince) which is pronounced "princEpe" with an E but it's a really subtle difference compared to something like "Wuus-ter"

Yes learning English out of a book, made for a lot of exchanges when people would correct me on the pronunciation of words or be baffled by what I said since they couldn't translate it in their head.
The three tenses instead of four was easy to get used to. I still have trouble with aluminum and gorilla. (I just want to keep rolling the ends) And I cannot for the life of me pronounce "iron" properly or so I am told.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Star Citizen CD Soundtrack Cover

:allears:

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Curious to see if STIMSIS starts spamming again at the start of the business day.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This thread has turned into, even more so than the shitshow it already was, a discussion of offsite nonsense by crazy people. It's going to take a short break. We'll be back after this message: stop it.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
We're back, boys!

:five:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
:synpa:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Thankyou, senator.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
and I can breath again

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
*masturbates*

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/4AJUGBf.gifv

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
:shrek::regd08::shrek:

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
:3:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Someone ask Beet Wagon about his quiz night.

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012
the paarp must flow :gary:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

thread is back, I'm glad of it

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hey did you ever solve EightAce's ARG

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

:five::five::vince::vince::five::five:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Meridian posted:

Where can I learn more about goon valor? Please and thank you.

I maintain that it's just an autocorrect of a much more sensible word to use in that context.
To learn more about it, go outside and look at people who don't monitor a thread 140 hours a week.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Good now, we can be stupid and obsessive about this non game again.

So did anything actually happen during the break, or did we just miss out on white noise posts like mine?

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

YASSS THREADDDDDD

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

TTerrible posted:

Someone ask Beet Wagon about his quiz night.

Beet Wagon show the world your artistic vision

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
At this point it's not a stretch to imagine CIG paying a poor low level developer $75 to troll this thread into getting locked all the time. :tinfoil:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
This has been the second time where I have left the thread and it's gotten locked.

Thanks a shillion guys!

Also, thank you a shillion for whoever kindly pledged for my av, I promise I won't make you wish you'd chargeback already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hold onto your asses, rear end-holders! poo poo is back.

• Locked thread