Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I mean, hitting the head before a shower is always nice but if I have to use the bathroom at work I don't wig out and rush home to scour my anus with a wire brush and some bleach. You're exposed to nasty germs every second of every day so what the gently caress is the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

haljordan posted:

I mean, hitting the head before a shower is always nice but if I have to use the bathroom at work I don't wig out and rush home to scour my anus with a wire brush and some bleach. You're exposed to nasty germs every second of every day so what the gently caress is the point.

Reminds me of an episode of one of those obsession shows on TLC about a woman who would shower for hours every time she went to the bathroom, even going as far as putting a toothbrush in her anus.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

Reminds me of an episode of one of those obsession shows on TLC about a woman who would shower for hours every time she went to the bathroom, even going as far as putting a toothbrush in her anus.

I think any potential health benefits of shoving a toothbrush up your rear end (if there are any to begin with) are outnumbered by the potential health hazards of SHOVING A TOOTHBRUSH UP YOUR rear end.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

haljordan posted:

I think any potential health benefits of shoving a toothbrush up your rear end (if there are any to begin with) are outnumbered by the potential health hazards of SHOVING A TOOTHBRUSH UP YOUR rear end.

Her comment was that she didn't feel clean until she started seeing blood. :barf:

Sometimes I don't think Stern is that far off from this...

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

haljordan posted:

Well, you gotta keep your rear end in a top hat clean 24/7 just in case this is the day your wife licks it

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

sedative posted:

Did they explain why Robin's not there today?

My rear end in a top hat answer:
She has chemo once a week, and these appointments have been scheduled out long in advance.

haljordan posted:

Howard always talks about "going to Mexico" but it's the saddest rich white rear end in a top hat places that he visits.
Howard couldn't hack real Mexico where the plumbing is so bad that there's a can full of used toilet paper next to the toilet itself because you can't flush ANYTHING that isn't poo poo or piss.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manifest posted:

Howard always talks about "going to Mexico" but it's the saddest rich white rear end in a top hat places that he visits.
Howard couldn't hack real Mexico where the plumbing is so bad that there's a can full of used toilet paper next to the toilet itself because you can't flush ANYTHING that isn't poo poo or piss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7QNno87RHc

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I'm amazed Howard would step foot in Mexico at all under any circumstances.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Man, good find.
He'd lose it nowadays.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manifest posted:

Man, good find.
He'd lose it nowadays.

There were a few great Gilbert appearances where they wound up spending most of the time goofing on Ratso. :allears:

Edit: And dammit, the Stern show playing in the background right now (1995-08-10, the day after Jerry Garcia died) just had at least five minutes of Howard trying to figure out how to use those paper toilet-seat covers.

prefect fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 4, 2013

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Man, listen to how full of life that show was. Too bad it's not on anymore...

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Havent listened for quite a while im on an archive of old shows, could someone give me a quick rundown on what is going on with Robin? Is she dieing? Ive missed all of the stuff relating to her for the past year.

e: ^^^ Hah coincidence thats 2 shows ago for me its got gilbert as well :) KC and benjy have just started and Howard just bought Java after weeks of arguing that he is never going to get a dog!

Seaside Loafer fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 4, 2013

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The interview with Dave Atell today was kind of depressing. I always liked the guy but it seems like his career is not far from Yukko or Bob Levy territory these days.

I don't know why, but there seems to be very little gray area with stand up comedians. You either hit it big and get into another industry like tv or movies, or you become a bitter, burnt out husk.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Vakal posted:

The interview with Dave Atell today was kind of depressing. I always liked the guy but it seems like his career is not far from Yukko or Bob Levy territory these days.

I don't know why, but there seems to be very little gray area with stand up comedians. You either hit it big and get into another industry like tv or movies, or you become a bitter, burnt out husk.

Dave had huge success with Insomniac, so he quit drinking and went back to the "pure" life of a road comedian. Self-sabotage par excellence. Yukko and Bob Levy never had any success to throw away. Oh, Brickleberry.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008
Wow, just caught the 1st show of the year on youtube, you guys were not kidding about the hacky jokes. In 6 minutes there were Mayan apocalypse jokes, Patriots jokes and high comedy "Kim Kardashians rear end is going to get even bigger when she's pregnant!"

I haven't given Howard credit for much in years, but even he's better than this.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Alkaphanel posted:

Wow, just caught the 1st show of the year on youtube, you guys were not kidding about the hacky jokes. In 6 minutes there were Mayan apocalypse jokes, Patriots jokes and high comedy "Kim Kardashians rear end is going to get even bigger when she's pregnant!"

I haven't given Howard credit for much in years, but even he's better than this.

I'd love for someone to call in and ask him why he decided to steal from Jay Leno with that horrid segment.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Brocktoon posted:

Yeah, but the attitude in the studio wasn't that this was overkill, but that he was crazy for not just showering again. Stern's dump neuroses have completely infected everyone on that show.

I want to think that they're lying just so they don't finally snap when harassed on the air about it. At some point you have to wonder what these people talk about when Howard leaves the building.

Vakal posted:

Doesn't that happen either way? Artie kinda hit it big and got really lucky, and he's still a miserable gently caress. Granted, I don't recall anybody who wrote for Seinfeld being in the news for drug problems, but generally comedians are a pretty sad bunch.

Sand Monster posted:

I'd love for someone to call in and ask him why he decided to steal from Jay Leno with that horrid segment.

The douchechills from Howard scream 'gently caress you' into his mic would just completely negate any sort of joy. It's not even fun to listen to Eric the Midget anymore, it's just a draining experience.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

It's not even fun to listen to Eric the Midget anymore.

You. Shut. Your. Mouth. I could listen to ETM all drat day. In fact, I have.

ERR. AUGH. UNGH. UNNN. EGH, AUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Whenever I do something stupid I just tell them in my eric voice

I. Was. Play. Ing. You. The. Whole. Time.

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude
I really loved Fred Armisen on the show and the wrap up show. Check it out if you missed it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

GenoCanSing posted:

You. Shut. Your. Mouth. I could listen to ETM all drat day. In fact, I have.

ERR. AUGH. UNGH. UNNN. EGH, AUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

I completely forgot about the Bigfoot Jr. 'Hey ERIC' bit, which was awesome.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Bigfoot Jr. annoys the poo poo out of me, it is. One-note impressions of a slow-talking Wack Packer are kind of boring, it is. :geno:

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Sand Monster posted:

Is Benjy to blame for these godawful jokes?

Bigfoot Jr's one and only decent bit was his massive argument with ETM a month or two ago as someone else mentioned. He received little airtime today which was bearable and it sounded like he wasn't well received; hopefully we don't hear this poo poo anytime soon. I'd rather hear JD blabber through a bunch of nonsense for an hour.

The Stern Staff wiki article is great.

quote:

Scott DePace
Scott DePace is the television director for the daily broadcast of The Howard Stern Show for Howard TV. He is known for being one of the few staff members to openly support the Republican Party. His wife, Pamela, won an Emmy for her work on "The Daily Show", and is exponentially more successful than her husband. He is originally from Delaware.

Nairbo fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 5, 2013

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I loved Gary, Howard, Fred, and John Hein bullshitting around with the loser caller at the end of Friday's show. It really made me not miss Robin one iota.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

AxeManiac posted:

Whenever I do something stupid I just tell them in my eric voice

I. Was. Play. Ing. You. The. Whole. Time.

Eric's Twitter war has been hilarious. Literally any time you checked his Twitter feed over the past two weeks, you'd find him angrily denying that he was gay, that he was in the KKK, that he wore diapers, that he and Jon had gotten married, that he had been in the hospital to remove a blockage from his colon, that his father was a hermit crab. It was the same topics over and over again and yet he felt the need to respond to every single tweet, lest one sneak by and the masses leap on it as evidence that "OMG ERIC REALLY IS IN THE KLAN HE DIDN'T DENY IT!"

He finally posted that he's just going to ignore everyone. It's been two days, and nary a peep. No telling how long he'll hold out.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

kazmeyer posted:

Eric's Twitter war has been hilarious. Literally any time you checked his Twitter feed over the past two weeks, you'd find him angrily denying that he was gay, that he was in the KKK, that he wore diapers, that he and Jon had gotten married, that he had been in the hospital to remove a blockage from his colon, that his father was a hermit crab. It was the same topics over and over again and yet he felt the need to respond to every single tweet, lest one sneak by and the masses leap on it as evidence that "OMG ERIC REALLY IS IN THE KLAN HE DIDN'T DENY IT!"

He finally posted that he's just going to ignore everyone. It's been two days, and nary a peep. No telling how long he'll hold out.

Eric is as trollable as Chris-Chan. I really wish CC was a wack packer.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Are you sure you're looking at the right twitter? Eric's real page is protected and you can only look at it if he's following you/allows you to and all the other ones are fake. Even Howard tweeted @ a fake eric the other day :ughh:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Godinster posted:

Is Benjy to blame for these godawful jokes?

No, it's some hack, wanna-be comedian named Mike Morse. Read through his Twitter and you'll see the similarity.

https://twitter.com/mikemorsesays

beep by grandpa posted:

Are you sure you're looking at the right twitter? Eric's real page is protected and you can only look at it if he's following you/allows you to and all the other ones are fake. Even Howard tweeted @ a fake eric the other day :ughh:

No, he's right, that's an accurate description of Eric on Twitter lately:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Will the real eric the midget please stand up?

Oh.. :eng99:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I thought it was https://twitter.com/allsports1975

Someone get Steve Langford on this :negative:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

I thought it was https://twitter.com/allsports1975

Someone get Steve Langford on this :negative:

Hah, maybe it is!

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
that is his twitter.

Also, this just reminded me that it is now 2013. Eric the Midget is still alive. Wow. Good work Eric, may hate and misery carry you through to another year.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

GenoCanSing posted:

Eric is as trollable as Chris-Chan. I really wish CC was a wack packer.

Me too, if not just so we could continue to find out what's going on in his life.
Things have never been the same since Bob died.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

kylej posted:

that is his twitter.

The private one?

What the hell is the point of Twitter if you're going to set it to private and only have 200 some followers. Argh! It's so typical for him though.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sand Monster posted:

The private one?

yep

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

kylej posted:

that is his twitter.

Also, this just reminded me that it is now 2013. Eric the Midget is still alive. Wow. Good work Eric, may hate and misery carry you through to another year.

That said, what is up with the Midget's weight gain? He finally eating better? I never got how tubby he looks now.

Sand Monster posted:

The private one?

What the hell is the point of Twitter if you're going to set it to private and only have 200 some followers. Argh! It's so typical for him though.

He enjoys it more than he's letting on. He wants to be angry so he has a purpose in his life that isn't sitting at his computer wishing he could attract women. The sad thing is that Eric isn't that hard to control. He's desperate and attention-seeking. It wouldn't be that hard to block him from the show until he does something embarrassing, then lead him on for a few days until he's suddenly persona non grata again. He's such an rear end in a top hat that seriously loving with him would really produce some good radio. It's not like he will vanish and never call the show again.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I was totally bored of ETM like 4 years ago.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah kinda. ETM started blowing dick when Johnny Fratto got involved. Honestly I'd rather listen to Chaunce again than Johnny Fratto. So loving boring.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

kylej posted:

Yeah kinda. ETM started blowing dick when Johnny Fratto got involved. Honestly I'd rather listen to Chaunce again than Johnny Fratto. So loving boring.

Johnny Fratto's first appearance was pretty good, because he was an interesting new voice and had some interesting stories to tell. But he lost his appeal in record time. It almost immediately became Fratto trying to recapture the excellence of his first appearance. Then it became Fratto as the West Coast Dominic Barbara, doing poo poo like hiring KC and supporting ETM so he could get onto the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001

-Atom- posted:

I loved Gary, Howard, Fred, and John Hein bullshitting around with the loser caller at the end of Friday's show. It really made me not miss Robin one iota.

Totally agree. The segment had a nice laid back vibe instead of Howard rushing Robin through the news and groaning that he can't leave yet.

Fred had me cracking up when he started playing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. Although, I think the pothead line is just a cover for a lot of callers who gently caress up their question.