Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I prefer trophy husband

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
loving millennials getting trophies just for participating.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

kiimo posted:

I have to hurry up and marry my girlfriend before her inheritance comes in or her career takes off. Her video game is getting announced this weekend at E3 so I'm thinking Friday.

what genre

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Uhhhh. It's a pretty big game and I'm super proud of her but she signed a non-disclosure agreement so I think I'll keep my mouth shut for once. She voices a main character though and got an agent out of it and then promptly found out about this which is probably why she got in such a big game.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

kiimo posted:

Uhhhh. It's a pretty big game and I'm super proud of her but she signed a non-disclosure agreement so I think I'll keep my mouth shut for once. She voices a main character though and got an agent out of it and then promptly found out about this which is probably why she got in such a big game.

Very cool! So you can tell us what game after this weekend or?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

For sure. After the announcement.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Congratulations on marrying the new voice of Bubsy

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

kiimo posted:

For sure. After the announcement.

Awesome man, congrats to her for her hard work and congrats to you for tricking her into liking you!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Kalli posted:

Congratulations on marrying the new voice of Bubsy

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I built my own with my dad and brothers, but it's literally our business to build buildings. In retrospect, it was 18 months of night and weekends of work after work, and I was ready to hang myself by the time I moved in. I got a much bigger house for a fraction of the price, yet I still would not recommend.

Nah that's wicked awesome. Would love to do something similar. How much of the process were you and your family actively involved in? Like on sight doing the work. Definitely seems like one of those things that's a lot easier to think about doing than doing so after a 10-12 hour day at work. Sick though. I'm 26 just getting serious about buying now, a renovation/foreclosed place is a lot more likely than building from a lot but I'll definitely want to be involved with that as much as possible. Still probably 6 months out from anything

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I can't believe they recast master chief as a woman this will go over well with the gamergate crowd

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I hope she doesn't suck.

Imagine the day Ahmed Best got cast as an animated character in Star Wars. Then he told his whole family and all his friends and they were all so proud of him and then his life turns into a walking nightmare.

edit:

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Nah that's wicked awesome. Would love to do something similar. How much of the process were you and your family actively involved in? Like on sight doing the work. Definitely seems like one of those things that's a lot easier to think about doing than doing so after a 10-12 hour day at work. Sick though. I'm 26 just getting serious about buying now, a renovation/foreclosed place is a lot more likely than building from a lot but I'll definitely want to be involved with that as much as possible. Still probably 6 months out from anything

I would love to have building experience. I think about this every time I marathon Fixer Upper hungover on Sundays.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 9, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

kiimo posted:

I hope she doesn't suck.

Imagine the day Ahmed Best got cast as an animated character in Star Wars. Then he told his whole family and all his friends and they were all so proud of him and then his life turns into a walking nightmare.

Ooh yeah, well at least he doesn't sound or look anything like that.

Imagine being the voice of some major major thing like Siri and then a product like that goes through a major scandal and everyone just associates your voice with that.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is E3 this weekend or next?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is E3 this weekend or next?

EA has a thing on Saturday, then the official stuff is all next week.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

E3 hopes

Persona 5 Golden
Persona 6
Persona 7
Bloodborne 2
Space Souls
Summer Lesson

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Just put down the deposit for new windows on the house. Looking forward to the energy saving gainz after updating from 50+ year old aluminum framed single panes, of which about half aren't really sealed at all.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

We performed all of the work, from the excavation to pouring the foundation to every nail, screw, staple and scream of a saw. I'd been asking my dad to help me do it since I was like 5, and made him keep his promise lol. I did more work than anyone else, as it's pretty hard to get even your dad or brothers to work for free. It all went pretty well until we reached the point where we got it framed, sided and roofed, but people started getting really scarce afterwards bc everyone knows my dad made me fully apprentice in the finish trades before he ever let me run a job for the company. Once people think you know what you're doing, people stop showing up every single weekend haha. I hired out the HVAC, but my uncle and cousins are IBEW guys. so they did wire my house (including trenching and bringing me electric 1/4 mile from the road) without complaint. As soon as my house was done, we did my cousin's. so I finished his drywall and painted his house in trade. My brother-in-law is a Steamfitter, and he did my plumbing for a similar scenario.

Tbh, renos are so much easier than building a house from scratch. All the loving work is in the structural poo poo. so finishes are much easier a just one guy to reasonably do if that guy has some skill.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Sup 6 month out decision making buddy?

My wife and I have to decide around that timeframe if we want to build new in this nice community we found or if we want to buy an existing home. The big thing right now is the wife and I really are kind of liking the idea of a pool in our backyard as opposed to community pool (this is the poo poo you worry about in Arizona) not to mention not having the upfront cost of paying for landscaping and all that poo poo.

Any of you guys had pools? Is it a bitch to maintain? Worth it?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

Sup 6 month out decision making buddy?

My wife and I have to decide around that timeframe if we want to build new in this nice community we found or if we want to buy an existing home. The big thing right now is the wife and I really are kind of liking the idea of a pool in our backyard as opposed to community pool (this is the poo poo you worry about in Arizona) not to mention not having the upfront cost of paying for landscaping and all that poo poo.

Any of you guys had pools? Is it a bitch to maintain? Worth it?

I don't but my younger brother (who also lives in a house on this farm) does, and him and his wife and my nieces are always in it. It is a lot of work that my brother never stops complaining about

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

700,000 buys you a decent condo here.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

We performed all of the work, from the excavation to pouring the foundation to every nail, screw, staple and scream of a saw. I'd been asking my dad to help me do it since I was like 5, and made him keep his promise lol. I did more work than anyone else, as it's pretty hard to get even your dad or brothers to work for free. It all went pretty well until we reached the point where we got it framed, sided and roofed, but people started getting really scarce afterwards bc everyone knows my dad made me fully apprentice in the finish trades before he ever let me run a job for the company. Once people think you know what you're doing, people stop showing up every single weekend haha. I hired out the HVAC, but my uncle and cousins are IBEW guys. so they did wire my house (including trenching and bringing me electric 1/4 mile from the road) without complaint. As soon as my house was done, we did my cousin's. so I finished his drywall and painted his house in trade. My brother-in-law is a Steamfitter, and he did my plumbing for a similar scenario.

Tbh, renos are so much easier than building a house from scratch. All the loving work is in the structural poo poo. so finishes are much easier a just one guy to reasonably do if that guy has some skill.

God. That's awesome but good lord a fuckton of work. Would be very proud of that

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hey guys im redoing my house what do you think

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

God. That's awesome but good lord a fuckton of work. Would be very proud of that

Every single detail of my house is plumb and square. That's the thing that I feel best about. Sometimes I even 'mire that poo poo when I'm just walking through

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

hey guys im redoing my house what do you think

The missing batten of insulation in the inexplicably insulated stair framing that he apparently thought was a finish staircase make me laugh every single time

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Neil Armbong posted:

Just put down the deposit for new windows on the house. Looking forward to the energy saving gainz after updating from 50+ year old aluminum framed single panes, of which about half aren't really sealed at all.

I want new windows but because I'm a sperg, I want casements that match the look of my current true divided light windows and the quote for one was TEN THOUSAND dollars so I put solar on the roof instead so I'm still inefficient but I'm makin' what I burn.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
We're getting our occupancy permit some time next week - bought the land 10 years ago, started planning about 5 years ago, started building 1.5 years ago and discovered natural spring that delayed construction, but finally finishing the goddamn thing.

It's a 3-story behemoth duplex overlooking the Naval Base and Philippine Sea, and the amount of landscaping/yardwork to look forward to is staggering. But on the plus side, I learned how to make an effective French drain for cheap.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Did you turn that natural spring into an outdoor mineral bath and build a bamboo bath house and surround it with Japanese gardens like I would

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol at the options in the uk voting thread in dd

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I don't but my younger brother (who also lives in a house on this farm) does, and him and his wife and my nieces are always in it. It is a lot of work that my brother never stops complaining about

That's what I'm afraid of : /

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jeremy loving corbyn is going to be PM of england

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I just got an interview with the most Seattle of companies: a place that makes high end espresso machines.

kiimo posted:

I hope she doesn't suck.

Ahmed Best did an interview not too long ago which basically described how everyone was so psyched on set for how Jar-Jar turned out, and then there was the entire meltdown. He also described a popsicle that was essentially Jar-Jar's tongue that you licked that went over horribly, and the head of marketing on that personally apologized to him. He said if he was ever asked to do it again he'd refuse based on the initial fan reaction. Poor dude.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ok guys how can we convince Trump to declare a new election for presidency by convincing him he can get the popular vote this time

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Nice call on the snap election Theresa May you DUMBASS

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Nice call on the snap election Theresa May you DUMBASS

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

kiimo posted:

Did you turn that natural spring into an outdoor mineral bath and build a bamboo bath house and surround it with Japanese gardens like I would

Yes on the surrounding it w Japanese gardens, no to the turning it into a bath w/ house. It pours into a little waterfall behind the house now.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jeremy Corbyn is the final proof that Bernie would have won :smith:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

FizFashizzle posted:

Jeremy loving corbyn is going to be PM of england

He did it the madman!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jeremy loving Corbyn y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

Swickles if I said I shadowed you for like 500 hours you'd totally back me up on that right

Also guys seriously divinity owns

No problem, as long as they don't ask any difficult follow up questions like "whats his first name?"

• Locked thread