Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah you can't really separate reseller from original prices any more. 20 years ago ticketmaster would have pinkerton types beating up scalpers in front of a venue. Now they provide a simple and unified market to sell those tickets you "don't need", of course taking a cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

tk posted:

Everything is demand based pricing now so everything is scalped prices.

yeah, that’s Ticketmaster’s “certified platinum“ or whatever prices, but the artist still just gets the base value don’t they?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
taytay links straight to ticketmaster on her website, so i assume they have some kind of arrangement

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
If you're big and famous like taytay can you tell Ticketmaster to gently caress off and use you own online store? Or do they have some way of preventing that

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

They probably have the venues by the short and curlys. There's got to be some big backend system that means you can walk up, get a QR code scanned and then just walk in. Implementing that yourself at every venue you did at while drawing crowds the size she does wouldn't be feasible.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I think it’s the venue that requires ticket master so the artist’s hands are usually tied

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ticketmaster hosed up to my advantage once, they gave me two tickets in the app but i only paid for the one

then when i got there & got my bracelet, i still had both tickets in the app

so i sold them (for regular price cause im not a dick) and basically made a profit while having a great time lol

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Tweak posted:

I think it’s the venue that requires ticket master so the artist’s hands are usually tied

Ticketmaster basically owns a bunch of the major venues thanks to Live Nation, so yeah, is a big monopoly that's broken easily.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Lol new article came out on the neuralink patient, they never warned him on the implant wires potentially pulling out and had basically tossed it in then got results. At that point he was basically fodder and they were moving onto the next patient as it started to fail until his begging got them to make the remaining implants more sensitive.
https://futurism.com/neoscope/first-neuralink-patient-alarmed-device-starts-glitching

He still loves the implant though.

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets
speaking of concerts, I’m at LCD soundsystem right now and this stuff is Yospos as helll

https://youtu.be/2xAZn700YLk?feature=shared

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hey, have a great time at that show! hell yeah

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

gschmidl posted:

He still loves the implant though.

he cant not :smith:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

4lokos basilisk posted:

of course i know taylor swift, i can even name a few songs and sing along. i have a great respect for her as an artist. i also have absolutely no idea precisely how rich she is because i dont care about that aspect of her being

how will you know whom to put against the wall

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
fuckin hell they've killed the domain

code:
$ curl -svo /dev/null https://twitter.com 2>&1 | grep -E '< HTTP|location'
< HTTP/2 302
< location: https://x.com/

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Sagebrush posted:

I am not a Taylor Swift fan at all but it's just kind of embarrassing to not know anything about her. She's like the most popular individual musician on the planet. Saying oh I don't know anything about her, is she really a billionaire? is kinda like saying you don't pay attention to food or understand whu people go to restaurants. Make at least a little effort to engage with society please

yeah man you aren't allowed to enjoy "music" unless you submit to american top 40 whatever

Angela Merkle Tree
Jan 4, 2012

the definition of open: "mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make"
College Slice
is it good for your dying social media site to force kill all your remaining legit user’s sessions for a vanity url change

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Angela Merkle Tree posted:

is it good for your dying social media site to force kill all your remaining legit user’s sessions for a vanity url change

the thing is they apparently didn't. you wouldn't notice a thing other than the "hey the domain changed" message they flash up the first few times you load it (and that my extension to replace the logo stopped working, but that's less universal)

i 100% guarantee you that twitter's remaining fleet of captive H1Bs and HARDCORE musk true believers have been dedicated to managing a smooth transition off the old domain for multiple months, in the most efficient use of business resources in the industry

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

quadpus posted:

speaking of concerts, I’m at LCD soundsystem right now and this stuff is Yospos as helll

https://youtu.be/2xAZn700YLk?feature=shared

it was just during intermission where they threw up frogger and I lolled, but pretty much the whole time the lighting/graphics was a warm comfy amberpos theme.

I had been on the fence about going before but they put on a drat good show.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
https://youtu.be/gJ2np7R-Uwg

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:56 on May 17, 2024

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
https://youtu.be/GKDgkcx9ric

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:57 on May 17, 2024

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
the big boring org i work at just added x to their list of blocked domains. embeds on news sites still work tho, idk how that works

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

rowkey bilbao posted:

the big boring org i work at just added x to their list of blocked domains. embeds on news sites still work tho, idk how that works

sounds like ppl who know what they're doing

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

If you're big and famous like taytay can you tell Ticketmaster to gently caress off and use you own online store? Or do they have some way of preventing that
The closest I’ve seen to that is venues that don’t use Ticketmaster middleware and are, through an otherwise small market or even half-rear end deterrence, resistant to botting. I was able to get floor tickets to one of the biggest tours that year at face value the night before the show.

The fact is any venue, or Ticketmaster themselves, could cripple scalping with the right software and enough horsepower to run the checks. They just realized there was money in being their own grey market.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

the thing is they apparently didn't. you wouldn't notice a thing other than the "hey the domain changed" message they flash up the first few times you load it (and that my extension to replace the logo stopped working, but that's less universal)

i 100% guarantee you that twitter's remaining fleet of captive H1Bs and HARDCORE musk true believers have been dedicated to managing a smooth transition off the old domain for multiple months, in the most efficient use of business resources in the industry

but it does force everyone to re-save their user details in their password manager, and enter them manually once their session expires or they try to log in from a new computer

a non zero number of people will think 'eh whatever not going to do that'

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
wait lol x.com also resets your default feed setting from 'following' to 'for you'

found out about this after going 'huh why am i following someone who hates pro-palestine protesters?'

don't know if it's only until you set it back yourself

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mrmcd posted:

Iirc that guy was a stalker but for grimez not Elon.

a few pages back but it is very funny that even stalkers are t-j-millering elon

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
:hmmyes:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

sounds like a great thing to say when you're trying to get a $56 billion bonus for working at one company instead of 6

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
this loving guy

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

its impressive, hes dumber than should be possible for a single human to be

like, stupid squared or something

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Chris Knight posted:

this loving guy

If only we could know what Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert thought about current events. Two people who apparently don't have shows anymore. Now to take a big sip of water while switching from CBS's Late Show with presumably David Letterman and check on Monday's Daily Show with presumably that Trevor Noah guy.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Tesseraction posted:

If only we could know what Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert thought about current events. Two people who apparently don't have shows anymore. Now to take a big sip of water while switching from CBS's Late Show with presumably David Letterman and check on Monday's Daily Show with presumably that Trevor Noah guy.

theyre woke now

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

context switching every 30 seconds is how you get to “tunnels will solve traffic problems”

you have an intrusive thought, but don’t let it linger long enough to realize it’s dumb

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Carthag Tuek posted:

theyre woke now

which is really funny as their politics are identical they're just older and grouchier

I guess they stopped using transphobia as a cheap punchline

kinda funny how trump outright targeting trans folx during his admin basically caused a push towards trans acceptance on the liberal side of the aisle that had previously been minimal at best and antagonistic from most

I say funny there but I don't mean it

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
I used to love John Stewart as a child, but then he had to get political.

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

he's probably specifically pissed off about the lewis black segment from last week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhWqls-CQww

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Carthag Tuek posted:

its impressive, hes dumber than should be possible for a single human to be

like, stupid squared or something

we're calling it stupid 2

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

did nobody tell this man the human cost of switching is that you get less done and you perform shallower thoughts, as verified by HFE, neuroscience, etc?

if elron muskard is frequently context switching, he is doing something alarmingly wrong

the entire goal of human optimization is to minimize context switching to as close to zero as you possibly can

"multitasking" literally doesn't exist from a neuroscience perspective

the term bellend husk is looking for is context mixing/interdisciplinary thinking which is how derivative sciences

its very clear felon thrust has no concept of this

Expo70 fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there was that brief period when sbf was on trial and it seemed like people were just about to figure out that pretty much all the attributes we ascribe to “mercurial” leaders align exactly with the symptoms of chronic stimulant abuse