Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

We wrap up Sonic's Very Hard DLC with Kingdom Valley and Aquatic Base and Sonic Team had some fun with these! Kingdom Valley is full of dick moves and mind boggling ideas while Aquatic Base is full of glitches I'll exploit with gems! I didn't think the DLC could get worse but Shadow's proved me wrong. That's why in the next update we'll tackle Silver!

Part 49 (Sonic's Very Hard Mode DLC 3/3): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsHJ_7LdYxQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
It was hard not to notice, especially since it's way louder than what the game audio should be, it just didn't seem worth pointing out.

e: Admittedly, I didn't notice that it's an original song.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Nov 19, 2014

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Yeah... I totally didn't notice. If you'd done it the second time I might have, but after twice I totally blocked the music out of my mind.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
I knew you put in music there, but I kinda figured you just grabbed some random tune.

Anyway, in light of the information about sonic's weight, I figured I should update Sonic the Actually a Hedgehog to reflect this new found knowledge.

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.
I was wondering why the song was infinitely more enjoyable this last time around. Kudos to Buddy.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I'm midway through the second Very Hard video and I only now notice that they removed the boss fights as well. Shows how forgettable the bosses were.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Patter Song posted:

I'm midway through the second Very Hard video and I only now notice that they removed the boss fights as well. Shows how forgettable the bosses were.
But just imagine what a slog it would be to have very hard mode boss fights. Like, Egg Cerberus! But there's spikes on his back when you try to grind up the tail! Fun!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ramengank posted:

But just imagine what a slog it would be to have very hard mode boss fights. Like, Egg Cerberus! But there's spikes on his back when you try to grind up the tail! Fun!

You think this is a joke but I guess I'll have to post some video of Rouge a Shadow section where I came upon something like that.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I think some of you misunderstand what this DLC does. It just literally adds a Very Hard option to the existing Normal and Hard ones when selecting to replay a level you've already played before. They don't force you to play the levels in order, or go through the plot again, or anything like that.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

The hard-mode DLC has just been like a poorly made Kaizo Romhack so far. So perfect for Sonic 2006. :v:

Also, since Tails is so terrible in this game, I think this gif is just right.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So I signed a few petitions on change.org today, and guess what popped up as a recommendation?

and for the record, no, I didn't sign it.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
Check out all those comments and discussions. They don't even realize why they had to be removed in the first place. Hell, they didn't even give it enough time to have something happen.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Holy poo poo Elise is Gretchen Wieners why didn't I realize this sooner?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Silver's Very Hard Mode time! I did this as a complete (mostly) blind run so if there was any confusion over how the DLC works this should eliminate it. If you've missed out on the bonus videos and Silver's various glitches you'll get to see most of them in action here! Unfortunately my fingers were a bit off and I couldn't do the teleport through doors glitch as often as I wanted.

Part 50 (Silver's Very Hard Mode DLC 1/4): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uREAqMkDPw

The OP should be updated with all the gifs and art made. I didn't realize there had been so much!

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I was hoping they would make a billiards section where glitching through the door was impossible. But I guess I was expecting too much from Very Hard Mode.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You may (or may not have) heard it in the final credits, here it is the world premiere of the music video for the song "A Blur (of Blue Fur) by CJM Venter. I could not love this song more.

Bonus video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH8qAHnx10M

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

MassRafTer posted:

You may (or may not have) heard it in the final credits, here it is the world premiere of the music video for the song "A Blur (of Blue Fur) by CJM Venter. I could not love this song more.

Bonus video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH8qAHnx10M

Youtube reset volume to max just for that video.
Sentience?

Antikythera
Jan 27, 2011

Just like clockwork.
So I just got caught up in the LP and holy poo poo that DLC. I still can't decide if it's good or not.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I would say the DLC is better than the main game. No stupid town hub world, no idiot sidequests, fewer loading screens, they even got rid of the lovely ball puzzle. And none of the terrible bosses.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I would say the DLC is better than the main game. No stupid town hub world, no idiot sidequests, fewer loading screens, they even got rid of the lovely ball puzzle. And none of the terrible bosses.

The town hub, sidequests and bosses are still there, and probably the loading screens too.

It's just that Massrafter unlocked the levels in the normal playthrough and is now starting them from the level select menu. If you were to download the DLC without having finished the game, you'd probably have to play through everything.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Two more levels for your viewing pleasure, White Acropolis and The Radical Train!!!!!!!

White Acropolis made me a bit angry for gameplay reasons, the Radical Train made me kind of angry for dumb reasons.

Part 51 (Silver's Very Hard Mode DLC 2/4): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eId3Twpb7do

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Missed the main selling point: no loving story.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

A ladder or just a wall? You decide!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

I'm pretty sure it's Knuckles.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Carbon dioxide posted:

Look at the distance between the "rungs" it is too large for anyone in this universe to use as a so called ladder.

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.

MassRafTer posted:

Look at the distance between the "rungs" it is too large for anyone in this universe to use as a so called ladder.

So it's a perfect ladder for the good game "Sonic 2006".

Look it's Soleannan culture to have dysfunctional ladders don't criticize their culture!

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Carbon dioxide posted:

Obviously just exposed rebar.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
So I'm very late on this but in the final level video, when you mention how Silver's telekinesis works different than you've been using all game all I could think of was this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d696t3yALAY

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Sometimes, this game can still bring joy.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Could you cut that .gif short slightly, so it ends when Silver gets exploded? Or cut in the red barrel explosions or something. I just want to see Silver get infinitely exploded forever. Also, I wish I understood whatever wizardry is used to make and edit .gifs.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

TheDarkFlame posted:

Could you cut that .gif short slightly, so it ends when Silver gets exploded? Or cut in the red barrel explosions or something. I just want to see Silver get infinitely exploded forever. Also, I wish I understood whatever wizardry is used to make and edit .gifs.

Gooncam and GIMP are all I use.

Camel Pimp fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Nov 24, 2014

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Suggested captions:
Great!
Looks like I'm on a ro-

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Eggman could use it. :colbert:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Why does Blaze helplessly float slowly to the ground after every combo? It seems really useless.

Antikythera
Jan 27, 2011

Just like clockwork.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Why does Blaze helplessly float slowly to the ground after every combo? It seems really useless.

"It seems really useless" can be said about a lot of features in this game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Antikythera posted:

"It seems really useless" can be said about a lot of features in this game.
Sure, but the game doesn't usually punish you for actually attacking with most characters. Blaze is a fast, close-range fighter that will die if you are fast or up close.

The game is poo poo, but this just stood out to me as one more weird poo poo cherry.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Does Blaze's spinning dive even do damage, or is that a traversal thing?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Glazius posted:

Does Blaze's spinning dive even do damage, or is that a traversal thing?

It is basically a really floaty, slow homing attack, but like Shadow's chaos homing attack, if it has valid targets it goes super fast... like, I think it just snaps the camera to the enemy being hit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I've been trying to get the glitch that allows Shadow back into New City to work and keep getting tripped up here...

Bonus video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo7kk_w0hy0

• Locked thread