Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

The purple ball is such a strong area denial spell and it's really frustrating

no i mean the the abyss watchers, he's constantly dodging my attacks :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

SM64Guy posted:

the fourth boss is really loving me for going with big slow strength weapons

the crystal sage? or something else?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The tree boss is awesome

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

It's funny how much confusion there seems to be in the thread about the "fourth" boss because at that point there's at least 3 different bosses you could access plus one you may have missed

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Got him on the death animation ftw.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

pressing R3 on equipment screen to see your character while you play fashion souls...my god

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"Critical battle can now be accessed" is such a clinical message lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also thank god they got rid of upgrading armor that was dumb as hell. armor is for looks only

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

i am currently descending deeper and deeper into the bowels of the world...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

also thank god they got rid of upgrading armor that was dumb as hell. armor is for looks only

agreed. although i'm not a huge fan of how a few of the sets look. pate's armor is a little dumpy this time around.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i know the drakeblood armor is in the game somewhere and it's driving me mad that i havent found it yet

Benny D posted:

i am currently descending deeper and deeper into the bowels of the world...

sup brother

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

"Critical battle can now be accessed" is such a clinical message lol

The writing or english translation or whatever is so good after the lame wishy washy DS2 crap. I wAnt to read about how they write this stuff and how they direct the voice actors because its such a cut above.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Greirat is better than any DS2 character including Meme Gavlan.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm just about finish up some work, and then i'm going to watch a tv show with the roomies, and then i'm going to murder demon asses until the wee hours of the morning and probably most of tomorrow too lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I love Greirat.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I got the head and legs for the Forgotten Knight armor and I wish I knew where I found it and if it dropped off an enemy because it looks great and I want to farm up the rest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I love Greirat.

He's my favorite NPC so far

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Not knowing the complete drop tables for every enemy before moving onto another area is hurting me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

andres lines when you give him the profaned coal :( dont worry friend i only fight for you

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

and yeah, the voice acting in this is spectacular.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Its cool watching In Training get really enthusiastic about the game after he starting playign the area that looked like Bloodborne with Bloodborne style enemies, after making his character the closest approximation of a BLoodborne character, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just found like 4 weapons in 5 minutes of killing that boss that I want to use.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Its cool watching In Training get really enthusiastic about the game after he starting playign the area that looked like Bloodborne with Bloodborne style enemies, after making his character the closest approximation of a BLoodborne character, lol.

It started before then lol. And I don't wanna use the daggers because it's not enough damage for me. I loving love the settlement, i think the game should have just started here.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

It started before then lol. And I don't wanna use the daggers because it's not enough damage for me. I loving love the settlement, i think the game should have just started here.

yeah, i was luke-warm on the wall at first, but i'm sure i'll love it on my next character.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

God to think I'm only 3% or so into the game.... MMMM

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Man, what in the hell are those big things in the swamp

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

Man, what in the hell are those big things in the swamp

Havent been to the swamp yet but maybe they're frogs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Goddamn I love a good forest. This next place seems awesome but I'm afraid I have to stop and eat. Gah!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i ran into a room that had 3 horrible things in it and no loot in the profaned capital. i figured if i killed them all i would get something, on the third kill i auto-obtained a unique axe. nice

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

net cafe scandal posted:

Havent been to the swamp yet but maybe they're frogs.

I don't think they're frogs. You'll know them when you see them.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Finally made a Bart Simpson in the character creator and now I'm going wild

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
gently caress the tree boss.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

i ran into a room that had 3 horrible things in it and no loot in the profaned capital. i figured if i killed them all i would get something, on the third kill i auto-obtained a unique axe. nice

I love those things so much. Be sure to check out the axes weapon art, it's great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm using the Pontiff Knifht Curved Sword now and the weapon skill is insanely cool

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Finally made a Bart Simpson in the character creator and now I'm going wild

May I see your Bart.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fiction posted:

gently caress the tree boss.

It's a fun one

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

I'm using the Pontiff Knifht Curved Sword now and the weapon skill is insanely cool

The weapons are something I have spoiled for myself or at least several of them and there are some incredibly sweet looking movesets/weapon arts to look forward to.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The big things I'm talking about have Martyr Logarius/Executioner Gloves spell

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
phantoming for the tree boss is so much fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to stop taking free levels from this shady motherfucker in Firelink because that's too good to be true

• Locked thread