Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Samba De Amigo posted:

Yes just try to make sure to link anything immediately if you intend to keep it. Nox is prone to 803-3001 if you play rooted.

Ah, ok. Although, I can't find the game on the google play store and trying to go to a direct link to the game it says the game is not compatible with Nox. So maybe it doesn't work anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Shame support skills don't all give XP. Leveling up Olivia is going to be a pain, though using her + any healer does make the healer shoot up real drat fast.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Shortest Path posted:

How does combining dudes work? Should I level up the one I'm going to be using as material to get better stats out of it?

I would level up both to see how their growths work out. I had two level 11 3* Shannas and one was significantly better than the other in speed and res.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
So how do I know if someone's a healer?

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008

puschel posted:

So how do I know if someone's a healer?

They'll have a grey staff icon and one of their skills (the blue assist one) will heal.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Hunt11 posted:

I think you are slightly biased here due to your self imposed challenge run going poorly. Conquest lacks a story good enough for replay value but the gameplay is easily one of the better games in the series.

My run was draining, no doubt, but everything was fine until the last chapter. I'd take full days to beat levels but I could do it. The structure of the final chapter is just a glaring error that's honestly really deflating. If I could just goddamn save before it I probably wouldn't be as harsh on the game, but that issue is emblematic of the greater problems Conquest has.

Conquest is screwed because the design team made a set of maps that are honest to goodness brilliant and then made a couple of moronic choices around the game itself that make quality of life terrible. The XP grinding DLC shouldn't scale, that's stupid, it defies the very point of the DLC. The structure of supports themselves being identical to Awakening is stupid because you don't strap two units to each other forever, meaning it's hard to get A rank supports anywhere. This makes character development scattered at best, but also inhibits team strength. Child units in general are stupid because child units can't be stronger than their parents without screwing game balance. This means almost all the ones you get are disappointing at best, making the concept itself moot from a gameplay standpoint.

In a game that's as difficult as Conquest eventually these needless annoyances catch up to you. It's like they took all these mechanics from Awakening, transferred them over, without realising that these mechanics work well within the overall structure of Awakening and don't within the structure of another game.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I hate this game

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
^^ same

How much is it for a full gacha pull? 20 orbs, right?

e: I got a 5-star Tiki and rerolled because I hate Tiki :getin:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

i wish theyd make another advance wars

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So can I make a full team of Jagen characters because that would own

Also conquest is good, idk what anyone is doing reading a fire emblem story to begin with

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

StabMasterArson posted:

i wish theyd make another advance wars

Thank goodness for Warbits.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Woo got an animated Lyn

Is that the five star focus

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

My run was draining, no doubt, but everything was fine until the last chapter. I'd take full days to beat levels but I could do it. The structure of the final chapter is just a glaring error that's honestly really deflating. If I could just goddamn save before it I probably wouldn't be as harsh on the game, but that issue is emblematic of the greater problems Conquest has.

Conquest is screwed because the design team made a set of maps that are honest to goodness brilliant and then made a couple of moronic choices around the game itself that make quality of life terrible. The XP grinding DLC shouldn't scale, that's stupid, it defies the very point of the DLC. The structure of supports themselves being identical to Awakening is stupid because you don't strap two units to each other forever, meaning it's hard to get A rank supports anywhere. This makes character development scattered at best, but also inhibits team strength. Child units in general are stupid because child units can't be stronger than their parents without screwing game balance. This means almost all the ones you get are disappointing at best, making the concept itself moot from a gameplay standpoint.

In a game that's as difficult as Conquest eventually these needless annoyances catch up to you. It's like they took all these mechanics from Awakening, transferred them over, without realising that these mechanics work well within the overall structure of Awakening and don't within the structure of another game.

The child system in Fates is much more robust than in Awakening; in the latter the children are either useless (since you get them at level 10 unpromoted), or pretty much invalidate the parents (since they get so many benefits from eugenics that training them pretty much makes them better all-around). Fates fixes those problems by both tweaking inheritance (parents get a bit of inheritance from friends and spouses now, and kids inherit less classes), and the existence of the Offspring Seal helps them catch up even if you recruit them late. You might have never used Arthur all-game but maybe as a backpack to his wife, but go ahead and recruit Percy later in the game and he's immediately useful and a good replacement/addition.

Honestly, Conquest is pretty well designed (except a few very frustrating chapters) where just about every unit has a purpose. Whether it's combat, stat backpacking, or helping you through the early game. The only units I'm iffy on are Mozu/Peri/Laslow.

Now, character development and story wise, Awakening wins hands down. I'd take the one-noteness of some of the Awakening characters over how dull most of the Fates cast are. Outside of the Awakening trio, only a handful of characters in Fates are really interesting, which is a problem when you consider that it has the largest cast in the game (well, I think it and RD are kinda close, not sure.)

Back to this game, for people who have cleared Hard/Lunatic, how rough is Chapter 9? I kinda limped through the final boss on Normal on the back of Hector the Great, but I can see him having some trouble down the road with fast mages.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm digging this, I like the cut-down Fire Emblem. Good for just tapping away at between other things. Managed a 5* Merric and a 5* Roy, the former is a total rear end-kicker and the latter seems pretty strong, too.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Woo got an animated Lyn

Is that the five star focus

It seems like the Focus (read: rate up) cards do get animations, regardless of star level. I got the animation for Robin and only got him at 3*.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Added a 5* Nowie to my 5* Fae, go team dragon I gues--- oh god lookout it's Chr-- :dead:.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Lyn is also only available at 5* as well, so I guess you can call that 5* base.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
Lyn gets loving galeforce? I am very happy with this roll.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I don't believe 5* characters actually exist

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I pulled a 4-star Tiki which makes me happy because Tiki is great.

I'm not rerolling because I don't have the patience for it.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 3, 2017

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Yeah it's just no fun at all. My whole team is like 15 or so, it's almost always Tiki's too that just show up and sweep the whole team without taking a single point of damage.

Honestly Tiki is not a great choice for the ringer, because people bringing in 5-star Chrom/Marth/Lucina/Roy(?) will absolutely obliterate her, despite level disparity, due to effective weaponry and extremely high base attack. Not to say it doesn't suck for those who don't, but if you're being a dick and doing that in the first place there are other 5-stars that will do the same without the vulnerability.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
As it turns out, a 5* Takumi with Vengeance and the ability to counter attack anything from any range is over-powered especially when I surround him with rally characters and defence and resistance buffers, but still, three goddamn Takumis. :argh:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Nihilarian posted:

I don't believe 5* characters actually exist

Yeah, I've seen nothing over 8 rerolls now. How long does it take to uprank a character because my draw this time has been pretty nice from the perspective of characters I like, but they're all 3*.

ApplesandOranges posted:

The child system in Fates is much more robust than in Awakening; in the latter the children are either useless (since you get them at level 10 unpromoted), or pretty much invalidate the parents (since they get so many benefits from eugenics that training them pretty much makes them better all-around). Fates fixes those problems by both tweaking inheritance (parents get a bit of inheritance from friends and spouses now, and kids inherit less classes), and the existence of the Offspring Seal helps them catch up even if you recruit them late. You might have never used Arthur all-game but maybe as a backpack to his wife, but go ahead and recruit Percy later in the game and he's immediately useful and a good replacement/addition.

To an extent you're right, but I feel like the Awakening EXP DLC is enough of a salve that the Offspring Seal never felt necessary. Honestly I really didn't mind the kids invalidating their parents, in fact I actually enjoyed it from a design perspective since it encouraged character diversity later in the game.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I pulled a 4-star Tiki which makes me happy because Tiki is great.

The first set of 5 that I got included a 5-star Tiki and a 4-star Robin, who have been pretty much destroying the story mode maps at least. Got a 5-star Marth on the next round, who so far doesn't seem too special other than his "cut in front of your other guys" ability.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I have 9 characters over 20 (one of which was already promoted once from 3>4) and I'm nowhere close to performing a 4>5 promotion. As of now it appears that you should be able to do a 4>5 once a month.

In other words I'd highly suggest rerolling. The last rerolling post was a little unoptimal, it's fastest just to roll with 17 orbs and to not bother with the last 3.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
5* Tiki is carrying me hardcore. Also have a 4* Fae and I rolled a 4* Nowi that I'm torn on - on the one hand, Nowi, but on the other, Hunter Mackenzie Austin.

I was also using a Jagen for a bit until I got Lissa from my second set of rolls, I am shamed.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
FINALLY.
I got a 5* Lyn (any Lyn really) with a badass intro clip. Who cares what the rest of this roll is, I win.
Instead of playing FE:H or, ya know, playing a real FE game...I've just been sitting here rerolling. The Goon Way.

E: garbage + 4* Eliwood + 5* Lyn. Success.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

acumen posted:

I have 9 characters over 20 (one of which was already promoted once from 3>4) and I'm nowhere close to performing a 4>5 promotion. As of now it appears that you should be able to do a 4>5 once a month.

In other words I'd highly suggest rerolling. The last rerolling post was a little unoptimal, it's fastest just to roll with 17 orbs and to not bother with the last 3.

Is the latter part because running the three missions for the last reroll just takes too much time?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What sort of teams are you guys running? I tend to throw money at these games, but I spent about $40 and have more 5-stars than I know what to do with now. My original pull was 5-star Hector and Lilina. I now have 5-star Camilla, Lyn, Abel, and Sakura. I've bitched before that Hector is slow as gently caress, but he is an undeniable powerhouse.. when he gets close enough to hit someone. But at the same time, I can't help wanting to make a team of Abel, Camilla, Lyn, and Lilina, subbing in Sakura when I hit a map where I need a Healer. Abel and Camilla can run the board with their speed, and Lyn can stick with the caster and act as a clean up crew. Thoughts?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

My five stars are Lucina, Lyn, leliana.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I have no four star blues other than the jailbait dragon

Dire

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Has anyone been able to get Physic to actually do the AoE healing it's supposed to do? If it doesn't work I may bench Sakura in favor of Clarine.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Is the latter part because running the three missions for the last reroll just takes too much time?

yeah

New Leaf posted:

What sort of teams are you guys running? I tend to throw money at these games, but I spent about $40 and have more 5-stars than I know what to do with now. My original pull was 5-star Hector and Lilina. I now have 5-star Camilla, Lyn, Abel, and Sakura. I've bitched before that Hector is slow as gently caress, but he is an undeniable powerhouse.. when he gets close enough to hit someone. But at the same time, I can't help wanting to make a team of Abel, Camilla, Lyn, and Lilina, subbing in Sakura when I hit a map where I need a Healer. Abel and Camilla can run the board with their speed, and Lyn can stick with the caster and act as a clean up crew. Thoughts?

These are my two main teams. Marth not shown since he's going to be my first 4*>5* promotion and he's already over 20. Gonna swap Wrys with Camilla once he catches up a bit more though:

Also just want to note that Effie is a goddamn beast:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

acumen posted:

These are my two main teams

How's Kagero been working out for you? I pulled her but haven't invested any time with her yet.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Kyrosiris posted:

How's Kagero been working out for you? I pulled her but haven't invested any time with her yet.

Pretty underwhelming to start but grew on me quickly. She utterly destroys any infantry, mages, archers, or other thieves - all of which make up a good chunk of what you'll be facing off against - all from range. The rare time that she doesn't one-shot someone they end up heavily debuffed for someone else to go finish. Good for pvp too since most people use their fancy lords/Tiki/Robin which she counters.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

acumen posted:

Pretty underwhelming to start but grew on me quickly. She utterly destroys any infantry, mages, archers, or other thieves - all of which make up a good chunk of what you'll be facing off against - all from range. The rare time that she doesn't one-shot someone they end up heavily debuffed for someone else to go finish. Good for pvp too since most people use their fancy lords/Tiki/Robin which she counters.

Sounds like exactly what I need for 9-5 then, because holy poo poo that is brutal. Time to get to work.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I've been playing the game by downloading via qooapp, but I was planning to download the Play store version once it became available. The store keeps saying my Nexus 6P is incompatible, which is weird since the install I have works fine, and the store gives me the option to install it on my ~4 year old tablet. Just curious if anyone else has run into this issue.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Since I'm chugging through hard mode, I'll just give my opinions on some of the units I'm using:

Red:

Ogma: He was in my initial batch, and while he's done okay, I've needed to shift him from Brave Sword back to Steel, because he's so slow otherwise. He's okay, but he's falling behind on Defense and Speed. Resistance is what you'd expect for a fighter. At least good HP keeps him in line for now.

Lon'qu: 3-star here, sadly. He's alright, really wants more Strength but he kills things fairly well. He's basically a footlocked Peri, including the surprisingly decent Res.

Blue:

Subaki: My main flyer. Sapphire Lance increases the magnitude of the weapon triangle by 20% when he's attacking, so he's great for tanking swordguys. Solid Spd, okay Def and Str. Swap is really useful for Hector.

Florina: Pulled her earlier but haven't really invested in her much. Very unusual stat spread so far, fairly low Def and Spd which is a death sentence. She can heal adjacent allies by attacking or sacrifice her health to heal them. Good Str though.

Peri: Just pulled and she's a killing machine. Pretty explosive Strength and good Spd. Killing Edge accelerates her special, which is a 50% damage increase so she's ripping things apart left and right. Defenses start off low but they catch up without too much trouble, and true to her Fates counterpart her Res is coming up nicely. Really bad HP though, so be careful with her in enemy territory.

Green:

Hector: My boy. Tank is tank, with excellent HP/Str and great Def. Spd and Res aren't unusable, but they're below average and pretty much make him a sitting duck for mages thanks to his 1 Mov. (He's basically that Effie a few posts up.) Distance Counter is amazing and Armads means that if you attack him while he's at 80% or more HP, you're probably dead (unless you're a bulky mage that can 2HKO him.)

Raven: Ogma but better, thanks to an actual Spd growth. Really good Spd actually, he'd have around 25 Spd if it wasn't for Brave Axe. Otherwise fairly standard infantry stats. Hector existing means he doesn't get as much use as he probably should, but he's still really good.

Nino: 3-star, so a bit behind. My only real colour mage so I'm gonna have to put in some work with her eventually. Terrible Def (6), so just... keep her away from anything pointy.

Grey:

Virion: Poor free Virion. He was used early on to take down flyers but he's fallen so far behind on Spd.

Matthew: Pulled a 3-star Matthew so working on him a bit. He's okay, really wants more Str so he can actually kill things. Might swap him for Saizo eventually, but they're both 3-star anyway...

Serra: My only healer so yeah, she's getting lots of work. Also putting in some work as one of my only ranged characters and she's got good Res. She can buff all allies with +4 Spd when she heals, which is pretty great. No self-healing though without hurting her offense.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 3, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Tiki is seriously starting to lag behind. Low HP, and her above average def/rec doesn't matter since mounted units are killing her with double attacks at this point. You'd think a banner character at 5 stars would be great but she's depressingly underwhelming. Not to mention any ninja enemy that gets near her now means her def/res is reduced to a joke and her low HP means she'll then be OHKO'd. Also all the assholes with eff vs dragon attacks on top of that. I see others mentioning she's still good for them. Are you guys just getting lots of stats on levelups and mine's getting utter garbage or what? :sigh:

At least Chrom is still pretty good.

My 2nd pull of 5 got me:
4* Barst, green brave axe user
4* Felicia, grey ninja
4* Jakob, grey ninja
3* Cherche, a green wyvern rider
3* Gordin, a grey archer

Not sure if any of them are good but I'm pretty tempted to bench Tiki for one of them at this point.

acumen posted:

Also just want to note that Effie is a goddamn beast:

And that's her at only 4 stars? What? :psypop:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Did my 2nd pull so far and

Boob Mom rises again hot drat. In the interest of science I fused her with my original Boob Mom. She got a bonus level up and 120 SP. Interestingly the bonus level is completely seperate notated as Level X +1 so it's entirely extra bonus stats past what a unit would be capable of normally. Sadly I got kind of a meh level with her only getting HP and ATK but hey I'll take it.

She got a stat up for each boob so it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I wish my phone can screenshot easily because I want to show off this horribly Abel I got. 4 star around level 14 and still only got 16 attack.