Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham

Isaac posted:

I could buy like.. 80 tyres

That's at least one for everyone here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I’m good for tyres but I’ll take a single mud flap with Yosemite sam on it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I can’t take screenshots on my phone but I just got a targeted ad for a Thursday only special from the ‘tribe of judea care services’ for 2L of oak Choccy milk for 1.92 just FYI that’s cheaper than regular milk!

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Isaac posted:

I could buy like.. 80 tyres

Crikey that's a lot. I only need 5.

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I can’t take screenshots on my phone but I just got a targeted ad for a Thursday only special from the ‘tribe of judea care services’ for 2L of oak Choccy milk for 1.92 just FYI that’s cheaper than regular milk!

Mums nice old neighbour is getting regular deliveries from some sort of kosher charity; every Sunday ; has no clue why but she is sharing that with all of us as it’s about 8 adults worth of food

Thank you random charity or whatever computer error is doing this, the chicken is lovely! Rest of the meat is alright but drat that kosher chicken is the best. Paired with some Stubb’s bbq sauce you got it MADE.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Laserface posted:

dont forget you get taxed pretty hard on it cos of PAYG bullshit but itll be back at tax time

Yeh true, accounting for tax it'd be around $8-9k or so but idk what the tax rate will be on it tbh.

Even though it's a big wad of money, I will have to spend some on basic furnishing of an apartment (fridge and washing machine basically, and a few bits like a kettle and microwave and stuff), and a decent bit will go towards bond/rent etc as I'm moving into my own apartment.

But on the plus side whatever's left is gonna get thrown into savings and then I don't have to work as hard saving cash towards Japan at the end of the year, so there's that I guess.

My primal brain is screaming at me to blow it all on gear I want lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

kind of impressed at the dickhead at the general store who managed to be the one dude in a town filled with Chinese tourists both completely unimpressed by corona virus and also very clearly racist towards Chinese people at the same time. It’s been super illuminating finding out who is racist here bc you don’t even need to assume anyone concerned about getting sick is racist bc they’ll immediately give you the non-dogwhistled spiel alongside it anyway 100% of the time

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Feb 6, 2020

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

That guy is probably too busy being racist to all the other races to give one specific priority, an all purpose racist but master of none

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think he’s just the kind of general purpose thug who would rather get sick than admit he’s scared of foreigners tbh.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think the exact phrasing was something like ‘I’ll be fine, their immune systems are too weak from eating dog all the time’ like the kind of poo poo if you read it online you’d just assume you were being trolled

E: spoiled the crazy dudes racism for people who don’t need that poo poo itt

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I'm off to Japan in 3 months for a holiday. Please post your hot tips. Going for 3 weeks. Got most of the itinerary sorted just debating if it's worth going to Hokkaido.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I dont know gently caress about japan but the bar scene is nuts in major cities so just check out good cocktail bars imo. I’d probably rather do a Tokyo bar hopping holiday than New York at this point bc they’re roughly on the same level from what I hear

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I dont know gently caress about japan but the bar scene is nuts in major cities so just check out good cocktail bars imo. I’d probably rather do a Tokyo bar hopping holiday than New York at this point bc they’re roughly on the same level from what I hear

From our research it seems as if everywhere we go we're going to be inundated with good food and drink.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Airstream Driver posted:

I'm off to Japan in 3 months for a holiday. Please post your hot tips. Going for 3 weeks. Got most of the itinerary sorted just debating if it's worth going to Hokkaido.

I've never been but am planning a trip late this year so I'm keeping an eye on this one.

I've told my partner that I'm doing this regardless of her plans

https://www.govoyagin.com/activities/japan-gifu-make-your-own-samurai-knife-with-a-certified-swordsmith/3146

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Airstream Driver posted:

From our research it seems as if everywhere we go we're going to be inundated with good food and drink.

Mrs reckons there's a ramen place in Tokyo, $15 for a Michelin star ramen

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Airstream Driver posted:

Friends rate the Kikkoman factory tour v highly as a thing worth seeing. They do an apparently incredible soy sauce soft serve that's super delicately flavoured

I hear the Tsukiji (sp) fish market is supposed to be worth seeing as well when they bring in all the big tuna for sushi

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Airstream Driver posted:

Lived in Tokyo and have done a lot of trips before/since. Post your itinerary and I can give some targeted tips.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
At home sick, stoked to wake up in time for Dr Phil, but it’s about a woman who doesn’t shower or change her clothes and hoards her own hair in plastic bags so nooooooope.

Luckily Keeping up appearances is on.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Onslo is more man than i can handle

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Double episode! Truly I am blessed.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtUPJZfHmz8&t=304s

It has Peter Cook in it

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

femcastra posted:

Lived in Tokyo and have done a lot of trips before/since. Post your itinerary and I can give some targeted tips.

At work but off the top of my head it's a week in Tokyo, a couple of nights in Kyoto, 3 nights in Osaka, 2 nights in Hiroshima and then the rest is undecided. Tokyo hotel is very close to Shinjuku station.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Airstream Driver posted:

Go to Calayer, the Slayer themed curry restaurant in Osaka.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Made a spicy capsicum and chorizo stew last night and it's plop city over here

I hate it

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

ili posted:

Taiwanese.

I'll pay that, I had some insanely good Taiwanese street food, I think the best was lamb ribettes with sunday herb and brown sugar deep fried

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Airstream Driver posted:

Don't goto the robot restaurant, if you do, eat beforehand

Don't goto tokyo tower, its a super poo poo show. Roppongi tower in Tokyo and umeda sky building in Osaka are one hundred times better. Roppongi tower has a really cool contemporary art museum

Dont do drugs, nudie bars or prostitution

If a guy in a black suit bars entry or makes a X with his arms, about face and leave immediately. If Nigerian touts or Japanese touts approach you a simple hand up in front of your face is enough to dismiss them, if your mrs is travelling with you they usually ignore you.

Have fun, its super safe, and clean be aware that some card skimming occurs at atm's still, warn your bank you are travelling

Get a JR pass if you are going around the country. you can pre organises wifi dongles for like 40 bucks, unlimited internet for you to hotspot to, pick up at airport.

Make sure you understand conversions and prices before going to any course set restaurant, you could end up 600 bucks down on a wagyu set.

Definitely visit Horigami at https://www.timeout.com/tokyo/bars-and-pubs/zoetrope

and "Mark" at Kagaya https://www.timeout.com/tokyo/bars-and-pubs/kagaya

make sure you call Kagaya the day before going to check its open etc, and Zoetrope has a facebook page.

I go every year almost to visit my mates. if you are staying at least 4 weeks in one place, Sakura apartments can organise some very cheap accommodation! havent used airbnb there but heard good things.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

McSpergin posted:

Yeh true, accounting for tax it'd be around $8-9k or so but idk what the tax rate will be on it tbh.

Even though it's a big wad of money, I will have to spend some on basic furnishing of an apartment (fridge and washing machine basically, and a few bits like a kettle and microwave and stuff), and a decent bit will go towards bond/rent etc as I'm moving into my own apartment.

But on the plus side whatever's left is gonna get thrown into savings and then I don't have to work as hard saving cash towards Japan at the end of the year, so there's that I guess.

My primal brain is screaming at me to blow it all on gear I want lol

I got a fridge sitting around i do not want or need. it works fine, its just too big for my needs (450L top mount)

if you want it, come get it. Free.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Laserface posted:

I got a fridge sitting around i do not want or need. it works fine, its just too big for my needs (450L top mount)

if you want it, come get it. Free.

I'll pm you

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

At work but off the top of my head it's a week in Tokyo, a couple of nights in Kyoto, 3 nights in Osaka, 2 nights in Hiroshima and then the rest is undecided. Tokyo hotel is very close to Shinjuku station.

Tokyo
- Shinjuku red light district for godzilla/king kong statues (samurai museum is here, guided tour is not really worth it tho)
- shinjuku goyen national park(approx 10min walk from station, 100Y entry)
- Sega Joyopolis (like segaworld but bigger and also better)
- Toyota Megaweb and Divercity mall (gundam statue here)
- optional: short trip out to Kawasaki to visit the arcade themed after the Kowloon Walled City (kinda fun, kinda not worth it, look it up and decide)
- restaurant: warayakiya in roppongi(straw fire seared bonito and wagyu. it was life changing)
-Tokyo Skytree (daytime if its a very clear day, you'll see Mt Fuji, nighttime if its not)
- national museum of nature and science (many poorly taxidermied animals)
-

Kyoto
- day trip to Nara to see the fuckin huge buddha statue/foreigners get their phone eaten by aggressive deer in the park
- Bamboo forest and tenryu-ji temple (the temple/garden is off the path when walking thru the bamboo forest)
- the orange gate walk (fukakusainariyamacho my phone is telling me. Prepare for tourists and do not expect to get a photo of them with no people walking in your shot)
- Gion district

osaka
- aquarium (whale sharks)
- Himeji Castle
- Dotombori for food

Hiroshima
- all the nucular stuff is worth doing.
- Optional: go out to Miyajima Island for a night, its hella cool. Hike Mt Mizen. there is accom on the island and oysters THE SIZE OF YOUR HEAD. not much more than 2 days worth of stuff to do here though. You can probably do this between Hiroshima and Osaka. its a nice ferry ride, its a cool little community and the view of the surrounding islands at the top of mt mizen is spectacular. its like 950+ stairs tho so be prepared for that.

obligatory Robot Restaurant, Temples (limit yourself to 3 temples max, they are all the same and rather boring after you've seen a few) ride a Shinkansen, weird animal cafes (some are captive animals, some are rescues/unfit for the wild, do your homework if you get hung up on animal tourism), BIC Camera shops are fun for a few hours to see the sheer scale of products for sale.

I also did a trip out to Hakone and rented a Nissan GTR and drove around mt Fuji/surrounds/Fuji Speedway in a fleet of initial D cars with other like-minded individuals. company was called Fun2Drive. not for everyone but extremely cool if you like japanese sports cars. This was not exactly cheap however it depends which car you drive. they have everything from corollas to Lambos.

the rest of my time in Japan has been in Hakuba/Niseko for snow, which isnt helpful for when you're going.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Airstream Driver posted:

Go and see this: https://borderless.teamlab.art/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNvLFNHQ9Fg

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I think the exact phrasing was something like ‘I’ll be fine, their immune systems are too weak from eating dog all the time’ like the kind of poo poo if you read it online you’d just assume you were being trolled

E: spoiled the crazy dudes racism for people who don’t need that poo poo itt

I don’t think you read that poo poo online, that’s the poo poo I heard in grade 3.

This guys clearly tapped into the local primary school and probably should be on a watch list

F
Nov 6, 2005

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Onslo is more man than i can handle

Oh nice *hits tv*!

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Tomorrow is the swimming carnival in the pissing rain that's supposed to hit Sydney. Should be fun for someone I guess.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clzZzgGEzP0

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Hey lolie where'd you get the chemo turbans? I was talking to my mum and she's keen as buggery for a couple.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Airstream Driver posted:

Everyone’s suggested good things. Shinjuku is a great base for exploring Tokyo. Def get a rail pass if you haven’t already, gives you that extra flexibility to travel around.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Back yard mango tree has been taking out all the plants,

Currently totalling

One silverbeet
Four spinach boughs
3 bean plants

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

My mango sapling is loving this rain and it’s developed a crazy hearty trunk in a short time due to extreme wind but it is lookin so sad leaf-wise even after a few good days. There’s new growth but it’s literally 1 for 1 replacing leaves that just gave up during the worst heat. I’m optimistic it’ll get there eventually but it’s night and day between it and the citrus, which are looking totally feasible as a fruit bearing tree long before I have to give up hard liquor

I also found flowering camera down the back and now I know what the young plants look like I can see them everywhere as well as the montevidensis that the back is lousy with. I’ve also noticed just how badly hosed the road sides are with the camera right up to Logan and then it drops off drastically. Life is beautiful and also hell. Hail Satan.

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 6, 2020

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It’s crazy that people got kidnapoed and drowned in a toolbox in Kingston a couple years back and he case has been all over the news lately and I’m still finding myself thinking ‘gently caress I could have bought a house in Logan instead of this bullshit’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
wildsecrets has $100 off if you spend $300 which on top of their usual specials is pretty special

Some suggestions and thread favorites. I do not work for wildsecrets, I just have sex parts, most people do.

NSFW ofc

https://www.wildsecrets.com.au/p/231678/we-vibe-tease-please-black-collection---sync-vibrator-womanizer-premium?aid=5687 this is like $500 worth of ladydildos for $200 with coupon code LOVE100

https://www.wildsecrets.com.au/p/216964/master-series-ribbed-12-25%E2%80%9D-glass-dildo?aid=5687 I mean why not

https://www.wildsecrets.com.au/p/207591/sexflesh-life-size-sex-doll-with-breasts-and-cock?aid=5687 korgs

https://www.wildsecrets.com.au/p/231922/master-cock-raging-rhino-17-25-dildo-with-suction-base?aid=5687 TFAB?

https://www.wildsecrets.com.au/p/207604/lovebotz-jaxxx-hammer-2-multi-function-sex-machine?aid=5687 Burt?

Any purchases give me 25% and all will go towards avatar changes for Blow and Burt Sexual.

iRend fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 7, 2020