Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dreamed that I found a stash of my old games in a warehouse somewhere and it included lots of weird poo poo for consoles I had never owned, stuff that I'd forgotten existed which clearly did exist, etc. I was going through it and exclaiming to my friend things like "wow, I have a copy of Yakuza 1 for PS2, I didn't know that even came out for PS2!" when it obviously did and also I never had a PS2.

Other games we found included a collectors edition of Chrono Cross which came in a massive wooden box and had box art showing SNES style spritework of all the characters in a bar, a compilation of three Shinobi-type ninja combat platformers called Ikarugaduga, something that looked like a late-90s PC RTS but when I opened the box it sort of unfolded out into a giant board game with full size pieces which we had to push into another room before it took up the whole place, and finally I laughed myself awake when I found my copy of Ninja Gaiden DS and got excited because "this was the copy with the original EU name still on the box, look" and turned it on its side and sure enough, the spine of the box art gave it the full name "Ninja Gaiden Pussy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

lmao at Ikarugaduga

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

had a dream last night that Berklee College of Music had a new mascot called the Berklee Berserker that was just a guy wearing a bear costume, with the bear head as a helmet on top, like that helmet in Morrowind/oblivion. they were promoting the new mascot with a video game for some reason, and for reasons I don't remember, I was providing feedback on the whole concept.

the game was really retro and played like a 2D beat em up. it had awesome music, but it was terrible. The berserker only had one attack where he swung his bear claws, and it had very little range and a lead-in time to the swing. he died after getting hit with any attack. all the enemies were the same buff looking idiot that I guess was supposed to be a football player.

I tried to break it to them gently, that the game was terrible, that it seemed to have nothing to do with berklee, I liked the music though, etc and they were really upset and broke down crying. one of them kept saying "the college is going to close."

there was more to the dream, but eventually I woke up and tried to remember the tune so I could record myself humming it and remember it, and I realized that it was just a chiptunes version of Everlong by the Foo Fighters.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Dreamed that I found a stash of my old games in a warehouse somewhere and it included lots of weird poo poo for consoles I had never owned, stuff that I'd forgotten existed which clearly did exist, etc. I was going through it and exclaiming to my friend things like "wow, I have a copy of Yakuza 1 for PS2, I didn't know that even came out for PS2!" when it obviously did and also I never had a PS2.

Other games we found included a collectors edition of Chrono Cross which came in a massive wooden box and had box art showing SNES style spritework of all the characters in a bar, a compilation of three Shinobi-type ninja combat platformers called Ikarugaduga, something that looked like a late-90s PC RTS but when I opened the box it sort of unfolded out into a giant board game with full size pieces which we had to push into another room before it took up the whole place, and finally I laughed myself awake when I found my copy of Ninja Gaiden DS and got excited because "this was the copy with the original EU name still on the box, look" and turned it on its side and sure enough, the spine of the box art gave it the full name "Ninja Gaiden Pussy"

Bicyclops posted:

had a dream last night that Berklee College of Music had a new mascot called the Berklee Berserker that was just a guy wearing a bear costume, with the bear head as a helmet on top, like that helmet in Morrowind/oblivion. they were promoting the new mascot with a video game for some reason, and for reasons I don't remember, I was providing feedback on the whole concept.

the game was really retro and played like a 2D beat em up. it had awesome music, but it was terrible. The berserker only had one attack where he swung his bear claws, and it had very little range and a lead-in time to the swing. he died after getting hit with any attack. all the enemies were the same buff looking idiot that I guess was supposed to be a football player.

I tried to break it to them gently, that the game was terrible, that it seemed to have nothing to do with berklee, I liked the music though, etc and they were really upset and broke down crying. one of them kept saying "the college is going to close."

there was more to the dream, but eventually I woke up and tried to remember the tune so I could record myself humming it and remember it, and I realized that it was just a chiptunes version of Everlong by the Foo Fighters.

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Actually a beat em up based on the Everlong music video based on the film Evil Dead 2 would be kinda sick.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

lmao to everything but especially this

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I ate some nasty quail eggs yesterday so i've been having some horrible fever nightmares when not making GBS threads my guts out and some of them have been about being conscripted towards the "Gamer Regiment" on a war that were like just the dregs of society being given minecraft pickaxes and used to tear down the stone walls of a besieged castle, except I have to dodge burning oil, arrows, cannonfire and at one time even a giant bouncing rock that the defenders chucked from the top of the wall.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

had a dream where there was an informal contest to hold the best april fools prank in imp zone and i came up with shin megami tensei tactics which was somehow also a crossover with pokemon red and blue versions. i designed the cover art and other posters were warning me i really need to back off this idea before synthy finds out it isnt real but i go ahead with it. i get a pm from bicyclops asking me if i want him to delete the posts because im in serious danger now, i keep trying to type to reply to him asking why but whenever i press the keys they don't press so im just uselessly hitting the keyboard, when suddenly i hear pounding on my door. i keep trying to type through someone knocking on the door but eventually its too much and i wake up groggy ready to fight and its my landlord wondering why i didnt drop off rent two days ago.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Plutonis posted:

I ate some nasty quail eggs yesterday so i've been having some horrible fever nightmares when not making GBS threads my guts out and some of them have been about being conscripted towards the "Gamer Regiment" on a war that were like just the dregs of society being given minecraft pickaxes and used to tear down the stone walls of a besieged castle, except I have to dodge burning oil, arrows, cannonfire and at one time even a giant bouncing rock that the defenders chucked from the top of the wall.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

had a dream where there was an informal contest to hold the best april fools prank in imp zone and i came up with shin megami tensei tactics which was somehow also a crossover with pokemon red and blue versions. i designed the cover art and other posters were warning me i really need to back off this idea before synthy finds out it isnt real but i go ahead with it. i get a pm from bicyclops asking me if i want him to delete the posts because im in serious danger now, i keep trying to type to reply to him asking why but whenever i press the keys they don't press so im just uselessly hitting the keyboard, when suddenly i hear pounding on my door. i keep trying to type through someone knocking on the door but eventually its too much and i wake up groggy ready to fight and its my landlord wondering why i didnt drop off rent two days ago.

lmao potent imp dreams last night

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

STONE COLD 64 posted:

synthy is your landlord dude

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Plutonis posted:

I ate some nasty quail eggs yesterday

lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

just had a short one where out of nowhere there was a smash patch that added "altered luigi." the notes said that he was added for two reasons. 1 - to make use of the echo character feature. 2 - due in part to his chinese name, normal luigi was considered "too easy to be a fighting game character."

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

b_d posted:

just had a short one where out of nowhere there was a smash patch that added "altered luigi." the notes said that he was added for two reasons. 1 - to make use of the echo character feature. 2 - due in part to his chinese name, normal luigi was considered "too easy to be a fighting game character."

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

b_d posted:

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I have altered Luigi. Pray I do not alter him further.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

American McGay posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I had a dream I was inside final fantasy tactics and the goal of the level was to hold of an angry mob for a certain amount of turns so a friendly ogre couple could escape into a network of caves in order to give birth. The ogres were in the art style of the Shrek movies but weren't Shrek and Fiona.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

lmao

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

American McGay posted:

lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

American McGay posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plutonis posted:

They're going to conscript the gamers, and you're laughing.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Played Metroid Dread and watched Sopranos last night and as a result dreamed that ADAM was played by Paulie

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Played Metroid Dread and watched Sopranos last night and as a result dreamed that ADAM was played by Paulie

lol I wanna hear this

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

thats probably not how paulie talks it just reminded me of that.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

had a bunch of dreams lst night but only one was gaming related. i dreamed they found a new short story collection by nikolai gogol (ive never read anything by him ever) and one of them was about a couple who shouldnt have gotten together but did and everything they did fell apart because of it. like they turned on the garbage disposal and it exploded, they bought food from the store and it rotted away as soon as they touched it. then the story said EVEN THEIR VIDEO GAMES FELL APART and it cut to their son playing on the famicom and every game he played the main character would just lie on the ground and refuse to do anything. he played mario and he just did the tired mario pose from mario 64, he played dragon quest and erdrick curled up in a ball and refused to move, he played a game tht was clearly the toad with the long legs from that one meme and the toad stood there kicking the screen over and over and screaming. finally he played teenage mutant ninja turtles and leonardo was acting normal while the other three were super depressed, so the rest of the turtles kicked him out of the group forever. the kid started crying and turned off the famicom