Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Voodoofly posted:

Why would I unvote you when I think you are scum?

I think I know who your partner is. But I don't see any reason to say that right now unless someone I think is NOT scum really wants to know.

Well you must have someone else you think is scum. Switch to them, maybe I'll follow you. It has been a fun game anyhow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Mostly.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
For the record, I hate the "if I were scum, I would have / wouldn't have done X" arguments, because scum know things the rest of us don't.

So RWC saying "if I were scum, I would have NK'd SIV" -- sure. Or maybe your partner disagreed, or there were more important targets, or you left me alive just so you could say "hey, if I were scum, I would have NK'd her. Therefore, I'm not scum."

I mean, you've been on me about as long as I've been on you; according to your logic, shouldn't I have NK'd you if I'm scum?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

Every time I think about it I get a different configuration on who I think is scum. It’s honestly brutal. Also if so many of you think RWC is it, I’m kind of inclined to go with that? 3 people can’t all be scum.

See this worries me the other direction. If all four non RWC people are willing to vote RWC, that means either rwc's scum bro has given up on her, or she's not scum.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rhymes With Clue posted:

That...wasn't actually an allegory or anything. I got pings early on, looked through his posts, looked through SiV's posts, noted the Voodoo-shaped absence in SiV's posts, went back to see what if anything Voodoo said about SiV and it was all "Oh she's town, this is her town meta, yeah for sure."

And then D4, Tobbs is angsting over whether OA is really scum, I am trying to figure out how to make friends and influence people and get them to vote for somebody other than OA 'cause I felt really guilty for opening the chink that let scum in there, Yami is just going nuts. SiV and Voodoo are discussing some Dux guy, not at all concerned about teh game state.

Ok yeah you wouldn't know this about me but I play Mafia to hang out with people.

As in grandi and I once picked unconfirmed masons in WIFOA and hung out in the masonry chatting and sharing pet pictures.

During animal crossing Mafia, we all de-escalated a really lovely d1 by sharing music recs before getting back to deadline. Hell, I told someone once I would unvote them if they gave me a decent music rec, and they did, so I did. I don't remember what game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

Why would I unvote you when I think you are scum?

I think I know who your partner is. But I don't see any reason to say that right now unless someone I think is NOT scum really wants to know.

Doesn’t that make sense to tell thread, at least before EoD?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Sandwolf posted:

Doesn’t that make sense to tell thread, at least before EoD?

Why? If for some reason I decide that I don't want to vote RWC then you will know.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

I know there isn’t that’s why I’m sayin I’ll be back with at leas 4 hours to hammer so don’t be mad at me for disappearing for a couple other hours.

I honestly don’t know where I whanna go. I’m inclined to follow everyone on RWC frankly. But there is something twigging me about everyone individually.

Not only is there something pinging me about everyone, there's also a really good counterargument to each of you being scum that I keep bumping up against.

I keep going, it's RWC. But would it be this easy to get votes if that were true?! Maybe this is a too scummy to be scum situation???

Ok, so it's Voodoo. But would voodoo go out on a limb to try to save opop, that close to losing him?! It seems like suicide. And he chose to vote me and not grandi at a critical time.

Oh, then Hal, obviously. Except he could easily have nudged it to sand over opop and didn't; he was on Opop early. Unless it's sand AND Hal?! But Sand is the one who called attention to Hal. Would he really do that if Hal was scum flying under the radar?!?

Right, then, sandwolf. Gotta be him -- except would he really coordinate the double jump with opop, that blatantly?! Maybe that was supposed to look too scummy to be scum. And his frustration feels genuine.

So it's RWC after all? Maybe?

I know it's not just one, it has to be two of you, but once one of you flips, the other will be easier to spot via connections. Maybe I should be thinking about all the possible pairings?!?!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

spacing in vienna posted:

See this worries me the other direction. If all four non RWC people are willing to vote RWC, that means either rwc's scum bro has given up on her, or she's not scum.

hint hint someone isn't saying they want to vote RWC

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

Oh. You think he's letting us talk him into it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

spacing in vienna posted:

Oh. You think he's letting us talk him into it.

lmfao this is a madhouse

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also our office is moving across the street at end of month and there are delays so we are having an all hands zoom meeting to discuss. We all knew there would be delays. We all knew there would be issues.

HOLY loving poo poo LAWYERS ARE WHINY ASSHOLES.

Like we literally have 50 people on this call and some people keep interrupting to discuss just their setup and bitch and moan. Literally right now from a litigator to the office manager: "what I would encourage YOU GUYS to do is talk to us first before you hold these meetings as this will NOT WORK for me."

I've got tears I'm laughing so hard at how much bullshit and ego fighting is going on.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

"you need to arrange a meeting with litigation. We have a meeting next wednesday you can come to it. But I don't understand how you didn't talk to us first."

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

"We can take this offline . . . "

"No, you should have taken it offline with us before the meeting, we need to know now because we can't share these spaces with anyone else in the office!"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

Yah I feel moderately confident in RWC and Sandwolf as the scum at this point.

So it’s probably you and SiV

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ugh I know it's hammerless but I still feel like this is going to be a TRAP SPRUNG!!!!!! moment somehow.

##vote rwc

Like maybe it's voodoo and Hal and they just need me to be stupid enough to go with it? But again -- hammerless and I'm not going anywhere.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nice to see us all brimming with confidence here

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

Yah I feel moderately confident in RWC and Sandwolf as the scum at this point.

So it’s probably you and SiV

I still keep going back to RWC saying sand was confirmed town when at that point sand had basically done nothing but not vote scum. And then sand really overreacted to it, saying how it was weird that I was questioning RWC calling sand confirmed town when the whole post was a result of me point blank questioning RWC who she thought was scum.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

Nice to see us all brimming with confidence here

Let's be clear. I'm pretty sure RWC is scum.

Gun to my head I probably pick sand next, but honestly I'm a little warry of all three of you.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Voodoofly posted:

Let's be clear. I'm pretty sure RWC is scum.

Gun to my head I probably pick sand next, but honestly I'm a little warry of all three of you.

IT'S A GUESSING GAME I TELL YA. A guessing game.

##vote SiV

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rhymes With Clue posted:

IT'S A GUESSING GAME I TELL YA. A guessing game.

##vote SiV

It is! You would probably have better luck trying to get me to vote Sandwolf, your stuff on SiV was not too compelling.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Hal Insandenza posted:

It is! You would probably have better luck trying to get me to vote Sandwolf, your stuff on SiV was not too compelling.

I just almost feel like cycling through everybody. So in 3-1/2 hours I can say "see i was right! Twice!"

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

Let’s also be clear. If you are scum this game i will shake your hand, say well played and proceed to vote you without mercy every single game until I forget my sworn vendetta.

I’m pretty sure this is it the first time I’ve made this statement.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

Let’s also be clear. If you are scum this game i will shake your hand, say well played and proceed to vote you without mercy every single game until I forget my sworn vendetta.

This is NOT the first time doofus. Way to mess up your blood path threat!

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I just almost feel like cycling through everybody. So in 3-1/2 hours I can say "see i was right! Twice!"

Ok I'm officially joining voodoo's "town or scum, please play more" statement from earlier.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Hal Insandenza posted:

If Sandwlf's partner isn't SiV and isn't you, who is it? (If it's you, you can say that, too.) Because if it's Vodoo then you coulda voted Voodoo with me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

Empty quote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote RWC

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

It shouldn’t matter but I’m very glad it’s 4-1 right now and hope it stays that way.

Because if we are wrong I will know I wasn’t the only townie who hosed up.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

##vote RWC

Dr strange any good?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

Dr strange any good?

I did enjoy it !! It was so extremely a Raimi film it was amazing

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Just so you know: I love and hate you all and the fact I’m going to sit here and try to find something to do for another 20 minutes.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I am pleased to note that the Clue family--the humans in the Clue family--finally got to eat kabobs and the dog did not get one bite, raw or cooked.

Also at least we don't have to do this again tomorrow.

That is all.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Do one of these.
Daily Quordle 103
4️⃣5️⃣
9️⃣7️⃣
quordle.com
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩 🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟩🟩 🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩 ⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜ ⬜🟨🟩🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
It shouldn't take 20 minutes though

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

Just so you know: I love and hate you all and the fact I’m going to sit here and try to find something to do for another 20 minutes.

I have a morning shift tomorrow. I catnapped earlier and set an alarm to get up for this.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Vote Count for Day 6

Rhymes With Clue (4): Voodoofly, Hal Insandenza, spacing in vienna, Sandwolf
spacing in vienna (1): Rhymes With Clue
Voodoofly (0): Rhymes With Clue, Rhymes With Clue
Execute No One! (0): Rhymes With Clue, Rhymes With Clue

Not Voting (0):

5 players are present. The day ends in 2 minutes - at May 07th, 2022 at midnight PDT.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Rhymes With Clue has been run out of town by the flock on suspicion of being a horrible goose. As they pass by the pond on the outskirts of town, their reflection appears in the water: that of a Normal Duck.

There are 2 horrible geese left. :honk: :honk:

But what's this?! Voodoofly has been thrown out of town by the villagers, on suspicion of making the man spit out his tea.

:honk: Which means... :honk:

The horrible geese outnumber the ducks, and have taken over the pond!

The village is theirs to make mischief in!

:honk: The Horrible Geese have won. :honk:

CREDITS

apostateCourier...................Mafia Duck
b-minus1.............................Mafia Duck
Maerlyn...............................Mafia Duck
ObamaAkbar.......................Mafia Duck
Rhymes With Clue...............Mafia Duck
SalTheBard.........................Mafia Duck
Sandwolf.............................Mafia Duck
SporkChan..........................Mafia Duck
TobbsGnawed.....................Mafia Duck
Voodoofly............................Mafia Duck
Yami Fenrir..........................Mafia Duck

Quackles.............................Your Host

And Introducing

Grandicap, Hal Insandenza, Opopanax, and spacing in vienna the Horrible Geese

Thank you all for playing!

:honk: :honk: :honk: :honk: :honk: :honk: :honk: :honk: :honk: :honk: :honk:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

OK that was worth the late post Quackles ;) Thanks for the game!

gg goose scum

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Blood Oath Hal. Blood loving Oath.

Damnit I really did think it was RWC and SIV running a perfect game. Guess I was right about the half I didn’t vote (the sand stuff today was basically a pointless bluff he was only person I wasn’t considering voting).

Great game you two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

It shouldn’t matter but I’m very glad it’s 4-1 right now and hope it stays that way.

Because if we are wrong I will know I wasn’t the only townie who hosed up.