Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GutBomb posted:

What is this?

An ugly maxima

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Plasti-dip in the hands of an idiot.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Looks like a Maxima (the sunroof was around that way stock)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Das Volk posted:

Home-made slicks are all the rage here.

Please tell me there's a masked vigilante going around slamming pocketknives into these things so the driver doesn't take out a van full of kids on the interstate.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

A very ugly Nissan Maxima; '04-'08.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Krakkles posted:

A very ugly Nissan Maxima; '04-'08.

Gahhh that loving useless sunroof. Like tits on a bull.

And Rock Auto, :wtf: indeed. I ordered two sets each of front & rear shoes for the Bonneville, as well as front & rear wheel cylinders, and 4-rebuild kits (so I don't forget how, even though the entire wheel cylinder is about twice the price of the rebuild kit).

It's coming in five different shipments. Fortunately I don't need any of it right away, but Christ almighty, that's giving FedEx some hefty chubbies.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Please tell me there's a masked vigilante going around slamming pocketknives into these things so the driver doesn't take out a van full of kids on the interstate.

The worst bit was there was a mother sitting in that thing while parked, probably wondering why I was taking a picture of her tire.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Others are now following the Rock Auto model. I just bought a complete receiver hitch setup for my TJ from an Ebay seller in Wisconsin. The hitch, the ball mount, and the ball/retaining pin/wiring adapter were drop-shipped from 3 different places...in Pennsylvania.

PoC, shouldn't you now be "FeederofWorms" or somesuch? :zombie:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Das Volk posted:

The worst bit was there was a mother sitting in that thing while parked, probably wondering why I was taking a picture of her tire.

Priorities man, beer is more important than tires you know.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

kastein posted:

Speaking of which: terrible car stuff = rockauto shipping these days. EIGHT WAREHOUSES WHAT THE gently caress (and I tried to minimize it, too.)

When I ordered an air filter and cabin filter from RockAuto, both were shipping from one warehouse.

Until I tried to add some light bulbs to the mix. Suddenly it's now three loving warehouses for three parts.. remove the light bulbs, it's back to one warehouse. What the gently caress?! :psypop:

I've had the same thing happen when I had rotors and brake pads - both shipping from one warehouse until I add another item to the mix, then suddenly every single part is coming from a different warehouse. :argh:

That crap is why I mostly use Rockauto to look up part numbers (then turn around and order everything from Amazon using my prime account) - Rockauto is usually a little cheaper, then you factor in the 50 different shipping charges and suddenly you're looking at :wtc: for shipping.

Bucephalus posted:

Others are now following the Rock Auto model. I just bought a complete receiver hitch setup for my TJ from an Ebay seller in Wisconsin. The hitch, the ball mount, and the ball/retaining pin/wiring adapter were drop-shipped from 3 different places...in Pennsylvania.

Drop shipping has been a thing on ebay for ages though :confused:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

My last Rockauto order was weird - it said it was all coming from one warehouse, but I got one shipment from here in AZ and one from across the country.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Number 6 seemed to have gone AWOL. Can't believe they didn't include the Kia Rio which was done up to look like a WRX

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

You Am I posted:

Number 6 seemed to have gone AWOL. Can't believe they didn't include the Kia Rio which was done up to look like a WRX

I've driven one of those. It was amazing, driving past watching people's interest-then-disappointment expressions.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Slavvy posted:

I've driven one of those. It was amazing, driving past watching people's interest-then-disappointment expressions.

yeah but how was the car though?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

West SAAB Story posted:

yeah but how was the car though?

:drat:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Pulled from the Dorkroom thread to share the magic. It looks like it got tired and laid down for a nap.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

some texas redneck posted:

When I ordered an air filter and cabin filter from RockAuto, both were shipping from one warehouse.

Until I tried to add some light bulbs to the mix. Suddenly it's now three loving warehouses for three parts.. remove the light bulbs, it's back to one warehouse. What the gently caress?! :psypop:

I've had the same thing happen when I had rotors and brake pads - both shipping from one warehouse until I add another item to the mix, then suddenly every single part is coming from a different warehouse. :argh:

This is why I know that either their coders suck or they are doing it intentionally. I mentioned this on their facebook page and got their boilerplate "you should use the select-brand-for-me feature to minimize shipping!!!11!!!" reply. Didn't bother to continue with the discussion after that...

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pham Nuwen posted:

Pulled from the Dorkroom thread to share the magic. It looks like it got tired and laid down for a nap.

Poor thing. What did the bad man do to you :(

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I suspect the thing where it automatically splits your order has something to do with the calculated volume or weight exceeding that of a standard box- though I don't think I've ever had something come from them without some sort of crazy cardboard origami going on.
The 1G Rio is just the next step in the Mazda 121/Ford Festiva chain of evolution, so aside from rust and rattles (and terrible interior plastics and unfortunate styling) they're not bad to drive. And the engine is the Mazda B5 DOHC so they're not as horiffically underpowered as their predecessors (still needs a BP though)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
While I love RockAuto their last few orders seemed to have been split up amongst various warehouses with the intent of denying me magnets. :(

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

PCOS Bill posted:

Poor thing. What did the bad man do to you :(

It's OK just another terrible forester

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Picture taken today.

Edit for huge. Always does that when I post a picture using the Imgur + Awful Android apps.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 3, 2014

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Imagined posted:

Picture taken today.

I thought everything was bigger in Texas

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Pretty sure the free market would've gotten timg tags right

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Seat Safety Switch posted:

While I love RockAuto their last few orders seemed to have been split up amongst various warehouses with the intent of denying me magnets. :(

When I was going balls-out on the Festiva I'd get at least 4 magnets per box. Now I'm lucky to get one per order, and my roommate tossed all my old ones. :smith:

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

The second one is the greatest if only because they have the recaro seats and the roof intake vent thingy (which I'm sure has a proper name idk wtf it is though). Somebody put a lot of effort into it, and it's amazing.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
People who design non-crossflow engines with the ports facing the firewall when installed in the car should be forced to spend two weeks doing nothing but remove and refit turbo downpipes on fifteen year old cars from somewhere where they salt the roads. That is all.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

InitialDave posted:

People who design non-crossflow engines with the ports facing the firewall when installed in the car should be forced to spend two weeks doing nothing but remove and refit turbo downpipes on fifteen year old cars from somewhere where they salt the roads. That is all.

But the Eight-Six is NA!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It also has a longitudinally mounted crossflow engine...

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Vaggio is best known as the Italian manufacturer of the Piespa.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

This is parked by the road in front of the local Walmart most days for several years. I can only conclude one of the old men door greeters drives it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Basticle posted:

This is parked by the road in front of the local Walmart most days for several years. I can only conclude one of the old men door greeters drives it.

Retiree Green Hornet's ride.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
BLK B UT ?

Black butt?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nitrox posted:

BLK B UT ?

Black butt?

Beauty

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.
E: ^^^or that makes more sense than all that poo poo I just wrote

Nitrox posted:

BLK B UT ?

Black butt?

I think he might be going for Black Beaut. With the space between the B and the UT makes me think you're supposed to read it phonetically as BLACK BEE UTE

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's BU T

Beeuuu T

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

This was at the grocery store this morning (my Maxima to the left). It's like the guy went into the accessories isle in auto zone and says "I'll have one of each."

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

angryhampster posted:

This was at the grocery store this morning (my Maxima to the left). It's like the guy went into the accessories isle in auto zone and says "I'll have one of each."

I think the license plate is writing checks that car can't cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Pham Nuwen posted:

I think the license plate is writing checks that car can't cash.

That's where you're wrong. There were not one but two (2) badges on the back indicating sportiness.