Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Booooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Twilight Princess did deserve more than 8.8. gently caress the haters, TP is one of the better Zeldas.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I don't think peoples opinions on Skyward Sword are likely to change with time. It has some good parts, some REALLY good parts even, but it also has some bad parts and lots of annoying design choices and needless repetition.

Skyward Sword did a few awesome things. The problem is that for every one great thing it had, there were about 10 or 20 other things that were some combination of annoying, boring, or just plain dumb.

After I first beat Twilight Princess, I felt an urge to replay it almost immediately that persisted for years. I have never felt even the faintest urge to replay Skyward Sword. I feel like I got everything there was to get out of it after one single playthrough.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Twilight Princess did deserve more than 8.8. gently caress the haters, TP is one of the better Zeldas.

What's it like? Being objectively wrong, I mean.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
If they would have just removed the godawful stamina mechanic and made Fi shut the gently caress up for five minutes, Skyward Sword would have been a great game.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Skyward sword had great art direction and I smile everytime there's Fanart featuring characters from that game

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

dpbjinc posted:

If they would have just removed the godawful stamina mechanic and made Fi shut the gently caress up for five minutes, Skyward Sword would have been a great game.

Also design a combat system that's not simon says, but all the problems in that game come down to the fact that it has no faith in you as a player and it constantly patronizes you.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Who What Now posted:

What's it like? Being objectively wrong, I mean.

I don't know, you tell me. :colbert:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Twilight Princess was a huge, empty, garbage heap of a game that they rushed to completion. ffs, the back of the box has a screenshot of you with a magic meter, even though there's no magic system at all

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dpbjinc posted:

And put the controls on a controller and not a waggle stick.

And not reintroduce every item that you collect if you turn the game off.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Also you'd have to replace the sky with a good overworld system. So basically replace 80% of the game. It had nice art direction sometimes but the whole painterly thing never really worked either. Man was that game garbage.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Skyward sword had great art direction and I smile everytime there's Fanart featuring characters from that game

Link's lips creeped me out.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Concept art for Justice League.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Killjoy posted:

For those not in the know:

I love this because that's not even the correct color on the Dekaranger there. The one with a 3 is DekaGreen, and DekaYellow is a lady. They went out of their way to bother to put the 3 on him. Hell it's not even the same DekaRanger that's in the backing artwork, amazing. If I were a kid getting that...I'd be asking where the hell my Ninja Turtle was.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Congratulations on your first experience with wacky bootlegs

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I have no idea how they thought Fi was a good companion. Using statistics a lot is not a personality!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Cowboy is my favorite Stand.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Invictus posted:

Congratulations on your first experience with wacky bootlegs

Far from my first, just pointing out a less obvious to non-nerds detail that amused me.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

nerds go to akihabara for official anime merch, but what's the mecca for bootlegs?

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

nerds go to akihabara for official anime merch, but what's the mecca for bootlegs?

Ebay?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

The flea market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxmbfvycbv0

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Your local China mall v:downs:v

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bio-Apocalypse: Sonic Edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jEmdFomiSc

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I just imagined what Clayton would be in that universe and I am a sick person

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lol at the racist implications. And also lol at Tarzan's super low-hanging trousers in the last one.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I just imagined what Clayton would be in that universe and I am a sick person

He would be an American policeman.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Tantor would look exactly like Wayne Knight but with red hair.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Lol at the racist implications. And also lol at Tarzan's super low-hanging trousers in the last one.

For a moment I was wondering what the gently caress you meant. What's so racist about a white baby being adopted by a black family? And then I realized who the black family were meant to be.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Cute, yet problematic.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

While considerations of what is problematic or not hinders art in my opinion, I knew a guy who was going to cosplay as Marshall Lee but decided that the facepaint might be construed as appropriating Japanese Geisha. If pop sociology has prevented an Adventure Time Rule 63 cosplay then it can't be all bad IMO.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dr. Killjoy posted:

While considerations of what is problematic or not hinders art in my opinion, I knew a guy who was going to cosplay as Marshall Lee but decided that the facepaint might be construed as appropriating Japanese Geisha. If pop sociology has prevented an Adventure Time Rule 63 cosplay then it can't be all bad IMO.

Give your nerd friend a wedgie.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Veotax
May 16, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFicXlvJBdo

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Slime posted:

For a moment I was wondering what the gently caress you meant. What's so racist about a white baby being adopted by a black family? And then I realized who the black family were meant to be.

I had the exact same reaction of "wait what's so racist about... Oh. :stare:"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh my god the post 'credits' stinger just made my day. The whole thing was hilarious though.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Kwyndig posted:

Oh my god the post 'credits' stinger just made my day. The whole thing was hilarious though.
Creepio is the best Auralnauts character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3nQvaP0BXg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Didn't this happen twice in the games?

• Locked thread