Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Rick posted:

This is beautiful. What is Durant doing?
Can't really tell, maybe tambourine?

Cool picture though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Rick posted:

This is beautiful. What is Durant doing?

Doing a mock jumpshot because he can't play any instrument.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Waiving bye to everyone as he's going to join the East

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
he's clanking a 30ft iso jumper

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/822618837233389572

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Dejan's theory of acquiring Jackson as a hardcore tanking move about to be put to the test

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I just realized the hornets were playing tonight, and we're up 20 on the raptors.

How many starters are out for the raptors? I ask because we've fallen all the way apart over the past 10 games, so I expect either A. the raps are sandbagging and will come all the way back and win by 10 in regulation, or B. kyle and demar are chilling in a restaurant taking the night off tonight

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

So swap a scoring point guard who sucks at defense and doesn't pass enough for a playmaker who can defend but can't shoot at a professional level. I have no earthly idea how I would feel about that.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Stan Van has HAD IT UP TO HERE

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Yes please do that swap so Dunn is expendable and you'll trade him for Kosta or McLemore or some other garbage

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
lmfao Minnesota you dumb fucks

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/espnsteinline/status/822620202072473601

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I get it, Ricky can't score and scoring PGs are very important in today's NBA..

but reggie jackson is a trash rear end in a top hat, why thibs, why?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

boxcarhobo posted:

I just realized the hornets were playing tonight, and we're up 20 on the raptors.

How many starters are out for the raptors? I ask because we've fallen all the way apart over the past 10 games, so I expect either A. the raps are sandbagging and will come all the way back and win by 10 in regulation, or B. kyle and demar are chilling in a restaurant taking the night off tonight

We're not missing any starters, but our only shotblocker (Bebe) is out on a concussion. But it doesn't matter, there is something wrong with the Raps right now.

I don't know what Raptors team managed to record the best offensive rating in the league this season, but that team has been missing for about 4 games now.

edit: oh Patterson is out too which is pretty significant. He's 3rd in minutes for us. also yeah Kemba is on fire right now

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 21, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

boxcarhobo posted:

I get it, Ricky can't score and scoring PGs are very important in today's NBA..

but reggie jackson is a trash rear end in a top hat, why thibs, why?

Thibs wants to replicate his successful Bulls run of building great defenses out of teams full of bad defenders

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

We're not missing any starters, but our only shotblocker (Bebe) is out on a concussion. But it doesn't matter, there is something wrong with the Raps right now.

I don't know what Raptors team managed to record the best offensive rating in the league this season, but that team has been missing for about 4 games now.

kemba is going the gently caress off, he's probably mad that he's behind jeremy lin and derrick rose on the all star list

GET EM KEMBA

Henchman of Santa posted:

Thibs wants to replicate his successful Bulls run of building great defenses out of teams full of bad defenders

what's reggie even like on defense? I'm expecting bad because I don't like reggie jackson and I think he's at best a mediocre scoring pg who just pisses everyone else on his team off because he's an rear end in a top hat

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

boxcarhobo posted:

what's reggie even like on defense? I'm expecting bad because I don't like reggie jackson and I think he's at best a mediocre scoring pg who just pisses everyone else on his team off because he's an rear end in a top hat

He's bad at it, in spite of having a huge wingspan and being pretty athletic. He gets eaten alive by elite PGs.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

He also has a long history of success building a disproportionate portion of his offense around inefficient PGs who shoot way too much

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My Frequency Vibrations played for the T-Wolves and they also signed Carlos Boozer in that game. Thibs knows what he needs to do.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

MourningView posted:

He also has a long history of success building a disproportionate portion of his offense around inefficient PGs who shoot way too much

This. Thibs does love his chucker PGs.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Tom Thibodaux (thanks phone) is trash

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Tom Thibodaux (thanks phone) is trash

psssh, you can't see thibs

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

I would kiss Stan on the lips if he made this trade.

Pistons would become a top7 defense straight away, and the offense would improve by virtue of open shooters getting the ball, rubio could just follow Drummond to the hoop for the layups. that's a dream come true. Rubio understands that ball is about friendship and love, Reggie doens't understand

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Sixers train rolls on!!!

https://twitter.com/RealJakeHyman/status/822631760290873346

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Can anybody out there beat the Philadelphia 76ers?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Sixers have now won 8 out of their last 10 games and by the end of tonight could potentially be 4.5 games out of a playoff spot.

After years of absolute poo poo, this run has been loving awesome to watch.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I get the feeling that the Sixers' medical staff doesn't trust Joel Embiid. Like he's always going to say he feels good and is ready to go, so asking him how he feels means nothing.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Plumlee makes that buzzer beater if Okafor is on the floor.

Thank the maker for Nerlens Noel

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

I get the feeling that the Sixers' medical staff doesn't trust Joel Embiid. Like he's always going to say he feels good and is ready to go, so asking him how he feels means nothing.

He wasn't supposed to come out of the locker room after he went back the second time. You could see them ushering him off bench.

They did announce that it's a bruised knee and he looked fine after Rock hit the 3.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/822633613128855552

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dejan Bimble posted:

I would kiss Stan on the lips if he made this trade.

Pistons would become a top7 defense straight away, and the offense would improve by virtue of open shooters getting the ball, rubio could just follow Drummond to the hoop for the layups. that's a dream come true. Rubio understands that ball is about friendship and love, Reggie doens't understand

i am very excited about the prospects of this trade, ive always enjoyed Rubio anyhow

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

When did Covington become "Rock"

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

aBagorn posted:

Plumlee makes that buzzer beater if Okafor is on the floor.

Thank the maker for Nerlens Noel

I realize refs don't want to make a call in that situation, but Plumlee fending off on that layup attempt was really pushing it imo.

(also I agree with your point)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Fast Luck posted:

He's got like a dozen nicknames

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Big Stilts Covington

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I love that he just drilled it right in Evan Turner's face. Sixers poetry man

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Also Jahlil Okafor got his 7th DNP - Coach's Decision in the last 10 games.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Is there a fanbase you feel most sorry for? I guess I shouldn't pity Knicks fans or Laker fans (can't help it man), but I do feel for fans of the Magic just cuz I constantly forget their team exists
It'd be nice to see them in the eastern playoffs again one day with their classic uniforms.
I guess the Nets are pretty hosed but they at least seem to have hired competent management (GSG)

Lakers fans really don't need pity this year anyway. Maybe the Lakers fans who thought before the season this was a playoff team and after the first ten games, a home playoff team, because they're in massive meltdown mode at the moment. Or the ones who only have a single game memory and think Russell and Randle are the worst players on Earth now because they don't remember the Pistons game on Sunday. We might have actually needed some pity if Magic Johnson wasn't too busy to be the team's GM if you believe the latest Jeanie Buss gossip (which I don't but whatever), and thankfully he's endorsed the young players so Jim and Mitch still have some time.

But most of us realize that this is going to take time and despite not getting wins, there's generally something positive to take away from almost every game against non-contenders. This is better than last year where Byron Scott would cut the legs out from under the youth, so maybe one in three games was positive, or the year before which was a wasted season due to Randle's injury. Ingram's slowly getting better offensively and has even started to show the ability to bounce back from a rough start and still end up putting up a pretty efficient line. Randle's had like, a bad week, but that comes off a month where he was the only consistent good player on the team.. D'Angelo's on the young shooter roller coaster which can be rough to ride sometimes but it's still a lot smoother than last year. Zubac . . . well after seeing him two games I'm pretty sure he's Ralph Sampson Jr. The vets are a mixed bag of inconsistency, but the team has money (despite pearl clutching about the contracts they've signed) going forward, a contract at every salary slot, and a coach who looks pretty good, and a GM who rips people off (when not desperately trying to keep the title window open) and drafts well, and ownership that in practice is a lot more stable than gossip implies. The team is also generally very entertaining.

I don't necessarily think this is a future championship team in the making (at least with what's apparent now) but I feel hopeful that we're not heading to Kingsville, population 20-38 wins every season for almost two decades with no road to the playoffs. Of course they could still end up there, but there's hope, which didn't really exist under Byron Scott or D'Antoni's last year.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

About a month ago. One of the Sixers writers started it on Twitter.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

covington's nickname is "jimmy b buckets"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

i wonder when firing stotts is going to catch on because holy moly