Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
It's kinda funny they're doing the same thing as the movie be kind rewind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
It's kind of hosed up that all four of the simpsons, and apu, were spiking manjula's food with fertility drugs

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

FunkyAl posted:

It's kind of hosed up that all four of the simpsons, and apu, were spiking manjula's food with fertility drugs

also that every single one of those kids grew older than maggie somehow

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=virpe1dpc6g

I like to pretend this is actually a high points of the Simpsons thread. Interesting thing is that Lisa should have probably listened to Homer here; Marge is giving the kind of well-meaning advice that values honestly and sensitivity but doesn't actually work against someone who doesn't really want to hear no for an answer, while Homer has more practical experience and understands that you need a set a hard boundary, and care more about your own safety than hurting someone's feelings.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=virpe1dpc6g

I like to pretend this is actually a high points of the Simpsons thread. Interesting thing is that Lisa should have probably listened to Homer here; Marge is giving the kind of well-meaning advice that values honestly and sensitivity but doesn't actually work against someone who doesn't really want to hear no for an answer, while Homer has more practical experience and understands that you need a set a hard boundary, and care more about your own safety than hurting someone's feelings.

There's a cute bit of animation I never noticed before too. When he has his hand on her shoulder, he idly plays with her hair as he's listing the excuses.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
TIL there is a voice acting Emmy category and multiple Simpsons stars somehow get nominated for it every year.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That makes me unreasonably mad

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

That makes me unreasonably mad

The category has existed since 2014 and the results haven't been good!

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
They're still doing Crank Yankers???

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I'm gonna safely guess much like the Oscars, the Emmy judges don't watch any animated shows unless their kids really like them and just nominate a name they recognise.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Mr Interweb posted:

now that's a name i haven't heard in a long time..

There was a new season recently

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Speaking of new seasons, the first episode of season 32 is next Sunday.

quote:

Mr. Burns goes undercover as "Fred" at the nuclear power plant and becomes friends with Homer and the gang. Burns implements all sorts of amenities to improve his employees' lives, but a jealous Smithers plots to bring the old, bitter Burns back and destroy Fred.

Sounds lame. The second and third episodes are apparently both those dreary ones where "what if we put the characters in a historical setting, or pretended they were historical figures?"

Jollity Farm fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Sep 21, 2020

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jollity Farm posted:

Sounds lame. The second and third episodes are apparently both those dreary ones where "what if we put the characters in a historical setting, or pretended they were historical figures?"

This is the laziest poo poo. You don't have to write a plot if you're just riffing on some public domain stuff!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

PostNouveau posted:

TIL there is a voice acting Emmy category and multiple Simpsons stars somehow get nominated for it every year.

Til crank yankers still exists

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

How do you even have Crank Yankers when nobody uses the phone anymore

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

I assume either pester businesses, who have to answer the phone, or set up a fake business yourself on like Google Ads or something and gently caress with the people who call in.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Data Graham posted:

You don't have a cell phone? Anyway, I've seen few episodes and they mostly just call customer service.

Also phones need to survive so Longmont potion castle can keep on going

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

steinrokkan posted:

I've seen few episodes and they mostly just call customer service.

What a bunch of dickheads.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

YeahTubaMike posted:

What a bunch of dickheads.

If it's still headed by Adam Carolla this should come as no surprise

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ikanreed posted:

Til crank yankers still exists

I don't think it is a "still exists" so much as "came back."

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

The category has existed since 2014 and the results haven't been good!

Junk posted:

There was a new season recently

:stare:

i'm so confused. how are BOTH of these shows still going?? :psyboom:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I've never heard of either so they shouldn't have bothered

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

:stare:

i'm so confused. how are BOTH of these shows still going?? :psyboom:

Crank Yankers is a reboot after years off the air.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's the equivalent of if the Emmy winners every year were America's Funniest Home Videos and COPS.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
What was the lowest point of Crank Yankers?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That was a show I loved at the time but I have no interest in going back and watching how bad it is in retrospect

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

pooch516 posted:

What was the lowest point of Crank Yankers?

All points simultaneously

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Carl now to be voiced by a black actor:

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-simpsons-carl-voice-alex-desert-hank-azaria-1234782691/

Anyone got a clip? Curious if it's an impersonation or he sounds different now.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Burns being chummy and Smithers getting jealous sounds like a straightforward premise that could easily be very funny. It will somehow end up being incredibly convoluted and that premise will fall apart in the first act and go somewhere totally unrelated. And I'm sure the B plot with Marge and Lisa will be even more tenuously connected, if at all.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Bart's Inner Child starts off strong but the self-help guru is just tedious and boring.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Annabel Pee posted:

Carl now to be voiced by a black actor:

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-simpsons-carl-voice-alex-desert-hank-azaria-1234782691/

Anyone got a clip? Curious if it's an impersonation or he sounds different now.

I haven't seen any clips yet. They haven't done a great job of finding voice matches the few times they have replaced a character.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Apparently the actor who plays Cleveland in family guy has just been replaced too, kind of cool they are finally doing this tbh, can only bring extra life into the shows if anything.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cleveland pretty much doesn't speak at all anyway anymore so it's a great way to look like you're doing something

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
They could go back and redub The Cleveland Show.

With some jokes.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Annabel Pee posted:

Apparently the actor who plays Cleveland in family guy has just been replaced too, kind of cool they are finally doing this tbh, can only bring extra life into the shows if anything.

They guy they hired is a Youtuber known for doing impressions in online games. Here he is doing Cleveland. It's pretty spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcGeuy6Ls98

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

J-Spot posted:

They guy they hired is a Youtuber known for doing impressions in online games. Here he is doing Cleveland. It's pretty spot on.

Holy poo poo this is loving perfect.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Annabel Pee posted:

The scripts aren't going to magically get funnier because they're paying a black person presumably less than everyone else to read them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

J-Spot posted:

He does a pretty good Cleveland Jr. too

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Sunswipe posted:

They could go back and redub The Cleveland Show.

With some jokes.

I much preferred it to the concurrent seasons of FG and Modern Simpsons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Milo and POTUS posted:

I much preferred it to the concurrent seasons of FG and Modern Simpsons

Cleveland show at least had the small blessing of being extremely bland at it's worst. It's contemporaries were actively painful to watch at the time.