Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

...! posted:

a truly stable genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah, i mean, i did say anyone buying one is unquestionably rich, and yeah there's undoubtedly at least a couple hundred people that went into debt buying that garbage

but afaict, tesla doesn't offer leases on the cybertruck, so lamar would had to have bought it outright. the least expensive model actually available is $79,990, excluding tax (the $60,990 model has no release date and probably never will). so even if you're just getting the base model, either way it's pretty goddamn expensive and absolutely not worth the money

iirc lamar has the $100k "cyberbeast", and it's certainly possible he got a loan to cover the purchase price, but tbh we don't know. that's just (very funny) speculation, but i don't think we realized leases weren't available

Sagebrush posted:

it's called financing beefy

every car company offers it and it's how people making 54,000 a year are driving around 75,000 dollar trucks that they will eventually spend 150,000 on

Beeftweeter posted:

i know what financing is :rolleyes:

tesla doesn't offer it on the cybertruck and there aren't any dealerships to do it individually. look at the pages for the other models, the default option and pricing is actually for leasing them, before you can even see the sticker price

big black turnout posted:

Do you not understand that leasing and financing are different things

Beeftweeter posted:

i do? look at the context: i was responding to sagebrush quoting me saying that he could've got a loan for it somehow

but leasing is sometimes a form of financing, and yet again: tesla does not offer leases on the cybertruck. so it follows that if he financed it, it must've been through someone else, and it couldn't have been through an independent tesla dealership, since those don't exist

e: well, i mean, leasing can be a form of financing, since you can buy out the lease (otherwise it doesn't confer ownership, so it doesn't really count, i guess). and probably should if you can: iirc foreign manufacturers got a loophole allowing leases to skirt the rules for the EV subsidies here, so pretty much anything is eligible. if you buy out the lease immediately you should come out ahead

e2: also do you not understand that if a car company offers financing then they also offer leases? because they need to set up a credit company either way

Sagebrush posted:

are you saying that tesla only accepts 100% cash payment up front for the cybertruck, and does not offer any sort of usurious 84-month financing plan like every other car dealer?

i haven't looked it up so it's possible! but it seems kinda insane that they would do that, since very few people have $120,000 sitting around in cash, and if there's gonna be a loan involved, tesla would probably love to get in on that interest.

Beeftweeter posted:

tesla's site is saying that, yes. i linked you to it before

Main Paineframe posted:

tesla does not offer leasing for the cybertruck, but they do offer financing, through them or through a third-party financier

so while you can't get a lease on a cybertruck, they'll happily give you a loan

which makes sense. they don't want those shitpiles back

Beeftweeter posted:

where do they do this? i don't see it anywhere on their site

obviously there could be some third-party but if so i don't think they partner with tesla for the cybertruck. otoh the very first thing you see on tesla.com is 0.99% apr financing on a model y

Beeftweeter posted:

actually i took the url for financing the model y and just changed that to cybertruck and it worked, lmao

https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck/design?financeModalTab=finance_options&financeProduct=finplat.AUTO_LOAN%3ALOAN%3ACT_PRIVATE#payment

it's completely busted though, they obviously do not offer financing or leases. hell the only option is "CASH"

does this settle this argument now?

e: managed to figure out the url for leases too: https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck/de...PRIVATE#payment

Main Paineframe posted:

idk, i just typed "tesla financing" into google and it brought me here: https://www.tesla.com/support/vehicle-financing-options

that links to:
- Leasing, which says leasing is not available for cybertruck, and
- Financing, which does not say anything about cybertruck

also, there's a bunch of threads on r/cybertruck and cybertruck owners club on financing their cybertrucks

so not only do financing options exist for the cybertruck, but a whole bunch of these dummies are definitely taking out car loans to buy cybertrucks

Beeftweeter posted:

so again, it seems like neither financing or leasing are available through tesla

yeah i'm sure lots of places will gladly give people a $80-100k loan at an insane apr (and never disputed this, btw). however tesla does not seem to do this themselves, at least not yet, which was my point all along

Main Paineframe posted:

the cybertruck owners say they do

i posted those links because there's a bunch of people saying that they got financing from or through Tesla for the cybertruck (in practice, Tesla seems to handle the paperwork and then act as a middleman and get the actual loan from a bank)

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah it sounds like they just pass the application to chase and probably get a kickback or cut or something

anyway there doesn't seem to be any way to order it from their site and finance or lease it, at least. someone said they did it through the tesla app but uh i'm not going to download that

Does tesla offer financing, the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12239 pages of heated debate

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Does tesla offer financing, the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12239 pages of heated debate

cut off the head of the fishmech, and it is replaced by two

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lease over ground vs. direction of rates

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

are you saying that tesla only accepts 100% cash payment up front for the cybertruck, and does not offer any sort of usurious 84-month financing plan like every other car dealer?
usuriosa: a mad musk saga

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Chris Knight posted:

usuriosa: a mad musk saga

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Roosevelt posted:

cut off the head of the fishmech, and it is replaced by two

dammit!!!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

they might or they might not. it ultimately doesn't matter to anyone reading this thread (unless you're buying one for the comedy value, i guess?) so i'm ready to slap a big ol "who gives a poo poo anyway" on the whole thing

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
The best way to purchase your Cybertruck is not to finance it or buy it in cash, but to sign up to the weekly Cybertruck magazine. Every week you get new science facts, games, updates, and plenty of reasons to love the car, but it also includes a new part for your car with every edition and instructions on how to assemble it as you go.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

TheDarkFlame posted:

The best way to purchase your Cybertruck is not to finance it or buy it in cash, but to sign up to the weekly Cybertruck magazine. Every week you get new science facts, games, updates, and plenty of reasons to love the car, but it also includes a new part for your car with every edition and instructions on how to assemble it as you go.

many are saying this

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Still not as good as this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

lol The Guardian evidently wrote something negative about him which he of course got mad about like the child he is and they're just leaning into it in their website popups

"stay mad bitch" in print form

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lol The Guardian evidently wrote something negative about him which he of course got mad about like the child he is and they're just leaning into it in their website popups

"stay mad bitch" in print form

"you've read 3,076 articles in the last year"

yeah, you clearly really hate the guardian, elon

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Beeftweeter posted:

One must understand ones enemy to destroy ones enemy. So few understand this.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Beeftweeter posted:

That's not shitboer's screenshot, come on.

The guardian thing is in response.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

gschmidl posted:

That's not shitboer's screenshot, come on.

The guardian thing is in response.

idk, it's hard to tell either way. seems like it was composited?

i was just poking around the guardian's recent headlines and didn't see anything related to elon, but tbf it's sunday so there's a lot of them, maybe i'm just missing it

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
So somehow the filament wires inserted into Neuralink Guy's brain are "receeding" like 90s Elon's hairline.

Can we take a moment to comprehend how insanely cruel it is to have that snatched away.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

There's a bunch, e.g. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/article/2024/may/18/npr-elon-musk-signal

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

lol, lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Pure evil

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
yeah telling me I can make elron mad by paying money is more exploitative than any Gacha game

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

MiniFoo posted:

lol, lmao

lol, i had to turn off all of my adblocking poo poo but it's real

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

i mean, i'm not gonna donate but it'll probably make elon mad again, so that's good at least

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

idk, it's hard to tell either way. seems like it was composited?

i was just poking around the guardian's recent headlines and didn't see anything related to elon, but tbf it's sunday so there's a lot of them, maybe i'm just missing it

I cropped it a bit too much yeah

lol that them just using his tweet, he's probably gonna threaten to sue

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

also hello yes it's me, the pathetic centrist reading 10+ guardian articles a day

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

https://x.com/ArtemR/status/1792059155324494219

edge cases like trains and weather

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

fsd tried to drive this mf into a train once and he kept using it

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Must’ve thought those flashing lights were a fire truck.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

will save lives. not now, or at any time in its existence to date, but eventually, surely

another effective altruist i guess

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

infernal machines posted:

will save lives. not now, or at any time in its existence to date, but eventually, surely

another effective altruist i guess

their argument is literally "as soon as it's 1% better than a human driver we should be deploying it everywhere it saves lives" and lmfao they can't even wait for it to be 1% better now

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

And gates apparently

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

EVGA Longoria posted:

their argument is literally "as soon as it's 1% better than a human driver we should be deploying it everywhere it saves lives" and lmfao they can't even wait for it to be 1% better now

fsd as currently designed will never be 1% better than a human driver. even if they change course and start to use sensors etc. it probably wouldn't be

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

ADINSX posted:

And gates apparently

most of those gates around here pulse red or green (depending on whether someone was granted access or not, default is solid red), so yeah it probably also thought it was a firetruck or something lol

they're also basically security theater since even the ones that stay open just long enough for your car to pass through won't close if someone's riding your rear end, and believe me, going extremely slow changes nothing

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I’m sorry that this is completely your fault

also what is this guy on about?

if I get rear ended and their airbags deploy but mine do not does that mean I wasn’t in an accident, but they were?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Megabound posted:

I’m sorry that this is completely your fault

also what is this guy on about?

if I get rear ended and their airbags deploy but mine do not does that mean I wasn’t in an accident, but they were?

I guess there were no car accidents before 1974 or so, by definition

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
He's probably misremembering the heuristic that airbags deployed = automatic car totaled for insurance

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

ShadowHawk posted:

He's probably misremembering the heuristic that airbags deployed = automatic car totaled for insurance

i think he’s probably just a stupid rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

well-read undead posted:

fsd tried to drive this mf into a train once and he kept using it

training data is important