Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Nice work! I like the teeth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So I got the Alien Isolation figures. I got two aliens and they were both completely hosed. The first Alien had perfect teeth, but a hosed up dome that didn't cover the whole front of the head. The other one had hosed up teeth, and a dome that was too big for it's head, so it hung over the mouth, leaving a huge opened gap.

I pried the dome off both, but only the first one was salvageable. loving weird.

But Amanda Ripley is nice, even if she is a repaint with new arms and a head. I like the motion tracker. I'll throw some pics up later

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Hard to say without having the figure in hand, but a lot of the time the plastic they use for the torso is less heat tolerant and might warp before it does what you want. You might try the warming up trick with just the little neck bit once it's out of there. I was thinking if it popped out of torso without getting damaged it might just as readily pop back in, but be careful.

Appreciate the advice, again! I got the neck joint properly back into the body after the pegs got soft enough to slip back in. Yay!

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

TouchToneDialing posted:

I made a custom Beast action figure!

If you want to see a bunch more pictures or some making of stuff check out my this gallery
http://imgur.com/gallery/Hup65/new

Great job there. Now seeing that head with front teeth I agree with you 100%. I like the painting technique too. I might have to try that sometime.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
That looks nothing like Kelsey Grammer.

It is pretty great looking though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cloks posted:

All he needs is a desk and headphones.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

Holy poo poo, these 50th Anniversary GI Joes have some baffling decisions. Like full ankle articulation, but only an elbow twist. Ok, maybe only 1 baffling decision.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

All he needs is a desk and headphones.

Sprinkle a bit of coke on the webbing of his hand, then make some figures of his kids and just throw them away.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Cloks posted:

Dark Beast should be similar, but frail and nervous-looking.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh man

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/692474857834057728

:allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Anybody got the Thanos BAF right leg, the one that came with Cap?

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

I don't know jack poo poo about that game, but that's one sexy predaman.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

I don't know jack poo poo about that game, but that's one sexy predaman.
It's a cool game and you should play it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Saw the Red Onslaught wave at the Toys R Us I work at. Sadly only Cap was left so I didn't get anything.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xenomrph posted:

It's okay. The Predator is the best part because it's just a retro fitted Celtic. AKA the best Predator design.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Xenomrph posted:

Also Grant Morrison wrote for it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CelticPredator posted:

It's okay. The Predator is the best part because it's just a retro fitted Celtic. AKA the best Predator design.

You son of a bitch! :cheeky:

I'll always stay faithful to the Pred 1 design.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vintersorg posted:

I've always been partial to the design from AvP Requiem. Yeah it's a bad movie with a lot of problems, but the Predator's design is not among them.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Found Spider Gwen and Superior Venom earlier today.

Apparently they are officially out in the public if I am able to see em.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Found Spider Gwen and Superior Venom earlier today.

Apparently they are officially out in the public if I am able to see em.

I need to keep a eye out for them. And as mentioned earlier, I saw the Red Onslaught line today. But since it was just only Captain America left, I didn't get any.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Who all is part of the Red Onslaught wave?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Captain America
Mockingbird
Sharon Carter
Whirlwind
Cottonmouth
Scourge of the Underworld
Taskmaster

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

Let me fix my answer and say best Mask design.

Anyway.

*beep* *beep* *beeeeepeeeebeeepbeeepbeeep*

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CelticPredator posted:

Let me fix my answer and say best Mask design.

Anyway.

*beep* *beep* *beeeeepeeeebeeepbeeepbeeep*

Hide in a locker and hold your breath!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Scooped up the Celtic and Chopper Predators today, these guys look pretty sweet. Passed on unmasked Scar, I'll wait for the masked version.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

NECA has been knocking it out of the park lately with alien and predator stuff. I just picked up Amanda and the alien from the Isolation wave and they're wonderful.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
All 7 of the Captain America / Red Onslaught wave of Marvel Legends are up for preorder on Amazon.

Captain America w/Wolf Head
Sharon Carter
Mockingbird
Taskmaster
Scourge
Cottonmouth
Whirlwind

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Neo_Reloaded posted:

All 7 of the Captain America / Red Onslaught wave of Marvel Legends are up for preorder on Amazon.

Sharon Carter
Mockingbird
Taskmaster
Scourge
Cottonmouth
Whirlwind

loving hell, thank you thread and Neo_Reloaded.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Anybody still in need of NECA Reeves Superman? My TRU stocked four as of yesterday and I can pick him up for anybody that still needs him.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Louisgod posted:

Anybody still in need of NECA Reeves Superman? My TRU stocked four as of yesterday and I can pick him up for anybody that still needs him.

I don't need one but I wanted to advise anybody who's on the fence about Reeves Superman to snap one of these up. It's a really nice figure and Louisgod is good people to do business with.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
If any of you guys want to part with your red onslaught BAF parts let me know. None of the figures in that line interest me but I need that onslaught.

Also looking for Ultron's arms and legs.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rubiks Pubes posted:

If any of you guys want to part with your red onslaught BAF parts let me know. None of the figures in that line interest me but I need that onslaught.

Also looking for Ultron's arms and legs.

Same, except for Ultron. I want Onslaught for the Magneto head we're getting but none of the figures from this Cap wave.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Found the new Spidey legends at Walmart. They had Gwen, Venom and Ben Reilly. I'm surprised that those were the ones left, I'd assume that Gwen and Venom would be taken first.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Yes! I was actually just about to ask if anybody was seeing these around. Put me down for one. Thanks!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Yes! I was actually just about to ask if anybody was seeing these around. Put me down for one. Thanks!

I'll grab one for you. PM your address and I may be able to get it out tomorrow though it'll probably be Monday.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Neo_Reloaded posted:

Sharon Carter
Mockingbird
Taskmaster
Scourge
Cottonmouth
Whirlwind

Taskmaster is the only one unavailable on that list. When did he become so popular?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Blackchamber posted:

Taskmaster is the only one unavailable on that list. When did he become so popular?

He comes with two extra heads and a shield. One of those heads is from the super awesome popular early 2000s version of Taskmaster.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Red posted:

He comes with two extra heads and a shield. One of those heads is from the super awesome popular early 2000s version of Taskmaster.

No, I know all about Taskmaster and he's one of my favorite villains/heroes. My question remains when did he become popular enough that he'd be the hard to get figure in the series?

I have the 3.75 comic two pack with him and deadpool but I figured the reason that was so desirable was because of deadpool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

He just looks cool.