Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Garrand posted:

This is a worse thread meme than pants donkey
It's mud pie :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Garrand posted:

Memes in the ground
Memes in the ground
Lookin' like a fool
Runnin' memes in the ground

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Look, I've been reading this thread since I was a teenager and it was a Mallard mock thread. I don't post often, I don't ask for much, just let me have the mud thing, okay? Gotta have the mud.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Mantis42 posted:

He disagreed when I said the Bible was boring, that it was unreadable now. But he couldn't articulate why I was wrong. He kept pointing out its historical importance, which I didn't dispute.

"I was lurking on the roof of the Vatican before the start of mass when I saw Pope Francis walk in. The next morning I was waiting up there with two bricks I'd pinched from a nearby construction site. When Francis appeared, I dropped both."

Hihohe posted:

Did Rall say that?

Kinda. Here's a quote from the comic he drew in response to Roger Ebert's death:

Tad Rell posted:

Ebert wasn't that smart. I once spent hours with him discussing "Citizen Kane." He disagreed when I said it was boring, that "Kane" is unwatchable now. But he couldn't articulate why I was wrong. He kept pointing to the film's historical importance, which I didn't dispute.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

MMMMmmmM! That's some good mud pie!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

This guy gets it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

IT'S poo poo.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
Welp. As long as we're doing this, no one ever answered my question.

FaradayCage posted:

Some Type 3 mud, nonetheless.

Since it's a (relatively) new thread, I wanna get a theory off my chest: Did Xylo just get sick of the thread and decide to troll it with the mud thing?

Also - who did the animated edit where George W comes in and starts making love to a couch or something and a cowboy gives him the batman glare? What was the original and what was the context? (This was back when I first regged.)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

FaradayCage posted:

Also - who did the animated edit where George W comes in and starts making love to a couch or something and a cowboy gives him the batman glare? What was the original and what was the context? (This was back when I first regged.)

There was a political cartoon based on this older carton

Except instead of guilt over not joining the military, it was an Iraq/Afghanistan vet twisting the cartoon around ("Why didn't you fight the Nazis?" vs. "Well you're all hosed up for no reason"). I can't find the parody, but that should be close enough.

EDIT: Obviously the puns and bright cartoon were from some JRRose! shtick.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Bill O’Reilly joined Roger Ailes in enforced retirement on Wednesday. Both were accused of sexual harassment.

Not to worry though. CNN Money says O’Reilly’s golden parachute falls just a little south of the $25 million contract he recently signed. That compares to his former boss’s $40 million bail out.

Also, there’s a trickle down payout effect. The NYT says O’Reilly and Fox paid about $13 million to various women who accused him of sexual harassment. He admits nothing.

Still, Fox gave him the boot.

Chip Bok posted:

Jonathan Allen and Amy Barnes have written a new book about the Hillary Clinton campaign. It’s called Shattered. Haven’t read it but I’ve read about it.

Clinton campaign officials gave the authors inside access in exchange for agreeing not to publish until after the election. Which the officials expected to win. They didn’t win and It turns out the campaign officials were frustrated with the candidate.

She couldn’t decide why she wanted to be president.

I looked up a list of 84 campaign slogans she tried on for size. I picked the ones I could fit on hats.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What is this poo poo? Who would have something against slow cookers and why?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I feel like this could be a recycled cartoon from 2002 and we'd have no way of knowing.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Chili

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

JohnMcCainHealthOfTheMotherCrap.gif

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THIS, IPSO FACTO IT IS USELESS.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

I cordially invite you to eat a bag of dicks, Ramirez. Please show me ONE example of the monolithic LEFT you so despise infringing on the free speech of others. Conversely, please provide me with any examples of Conservatives defending free speech.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Garrand posted:

All thread memes are worse than Pants Donkey, because Pants Donkey was an continues to be great.

Arthur Crackpot posted:

I cordially invite you to eat a bag of dicks, Ramirez. Please show me ONE example of the monolithic LEFT you so despise infringing on the free speech of others. Conversely, please provide me with any examples of Conservatives defending free speech.

Uh, I think you'll find the left criticizes right wing assholes bitching and slurring, while Republicans always defend right wing talkers. Since right wing speech is the only thing Ramirez considers free speech, *faaaaaarts*.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Salò cartoon?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

flying a little too close to the sun there icarus

yeah you sure broke the DaVinci code, Serpico. good poo poo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
setting aside the silliness of this one argument i can't strawman into winning apparently

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Setting aside the silliness of women having rights for a moment...

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Hey all.

Xander77 has just given me the push to get 2024, and my commentary, into the new toons thread.

I'd asked him, but I think I'll put the question to the thread as a whole- what format would you like it to be in? Post by post, as it was presented in the old thread (but significantly faster)? Or in blocks?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ularg posted:

Setting aside the silliness of women having rights for a moment...

i know he wants the audience to read it a different way than that but god help me i have no idea what else it could possibly be

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Somfin posted:

Hey all.

Xander77 has just given me the push to get 2024, and my commentary, into the new toons thread.

I'd asked him, but I think I'll put the question to the thread as a whole- what format would you like it to be in? Post by post, as it was presented in the old thread (but significantly faster)? Or in blocks?

Ffffpppost the entire thing in one go. I welcome death.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Starving Wolf posted:

Ffffpppost the entire thing in one go. I welcome death.

I literally cannot do that due to message length limits.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Somfin posted:

An opportunity to see which parts of the text are inessential.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Somfin posted:

Well then make like a machine gun and shot post after post of rall into my brain until naught remains but a bloody cavity.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Checking the thread today was a mistake, I can see that now.
enjoysurvive the Rallpocalypse everyone.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill

TheBigAristotle posted:

JohnMcCainHealthOfTheMotherCrap.gif

This is the only panel they needed. The rest is filler and fluff

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

yes Stantis, clearly, woman-grabbing, contractor-stiffing, money-laundering DJT is just as bad as Nancy Pelosi. That's absolutely a thing, no false equivalence here, no sir!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Somfin posted:

Hey all.

Post by post, please, so we can savour the flavour.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So they are just going to ignore that a nazi punched a woman during the demonstration?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Alhazred posted:

So they are just going to ignore that a nazi punched a woman during the demonstration?

just because somebody openly advocates for your race/gender/sexuality being executed/deported/tortured en masse and pushes to remove all rights from you while abusing the nature of democracy to entertain its destruction disagrees with you doesn't make them a nazi you libtard

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
note: if you respond to "just because somebody disagrees with you doesn't make them a nazi" with "the person you're defending openly identifies as a white supremacist," the next thing out of the other person's mouth will 100% guaranteed tell you whether or not they are objectively evil.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
If you've never used a slow cooker to make yourself food, guess what - you're loving stupid. Your only excuse is if you're a loving infant.

"Eight hours to cook a roast!?!??! That's hilarious, kid - have you not heard of the value menu at McDonalds???"

I AM THE TOILET fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Apr 23, 2017

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
"I don't have TIME to cook myself dinner, okay!? I've got a lot going on, and there's Facebook to do, and also... look; just trust me, okay? That stupid slow cooker is useless. There's a reason we have restaurants. Plus, if you Google some coupons, the Bloomin' Onion might be a little cheaper! You even get a free appetizer on your birthday! So really, why are you messing with that stupid ol' crock pot? Oh, lookit you - adding... seasoning to it. Yeah. Some garlic, I guess. LOOK AT WOLFGANG PUCK HERE EVERYBODY - HAH! Seriously; stop chopping vegetables and get in the car with me. We're gonna miss happy hour at Chili's."

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I am a poo poo cook and I can use a slow cooker. How difficult is it to understand a device that is 'throw poo poo in, turn on heat, walk away'.

I am almost convinced he meant to use pressure cooker and making a crack at how they can be used for bombs but hosed it up.

Somfin posted:

Hey all.

As fast and large as you can pump out the posts. I want to vomit blood.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

World Famous W posted:

I am a poo poo cook and I can use a slow cooker. How difficult is it to understand a device that is 'throw poo poo in, turn on heat, walk away'.

Alright, laughing boy. Let's see who has a hot meal first - me, with this pepperoni Hot Pocket, or you, with that slab of meat and stupid slow cooker. One, two, three!

Okay. Okay; time out. Time out. I didn't get it in the crisping sleeve right. It's all crooked. Unplug your little machine there. Start over. I didn't do it right.

Wait, how many wattage is this microwave oven?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I didn't realize slow cookers was such a controversial topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Somfin posted:

Hey all.

My preferred format would be "not at all, and mods ban the gently caress out of you if you make post 1". We already had that poo poo. If you want to do it again, just make an imgur gallery and link it for the masochists.

(All my own personal opinion, of course.)

• Locked thread