Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Either I installed it wrong, or Foamfix isn't helping my Sprout install. I continue to crash with it added to the mod folder, and it showing up in the list of mods for sprout.

It's a shame, I really enjoy this pack.

It's very unlikely to reduce crashes much at all. It's for performance improvements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
FYI, the tome you get at the start that's two books in one locks-in to one of the two available books... until you left-click in the air with it. That's how you change books again.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Aside from the crashes, I'm not sure what I should.. do in Sprout. I'm not very good without goals.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

same

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Yeah. Usually I'll just dig a hobbit hole and beeline for dark steel armor and a jetpack, and some botania trinkets, but in Sprout …? Well, I guess I can go for Botania trinkets.

I took a house from a nearby village, and made some silver weapons, but I'm not too sure about what to do, and apart from the traveler, noone seems to have any quests for me.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I ran around for a few hours until I finally found a monastery with a monk who gave me 3 new fetch quests but I'm getting pretty frustrated by the crashes as well.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Black Pants posted:

Aside from the crashes, I'm not sure what I should.. do in Sprout. I'm not very good without goals.
Same here. Lack of goals is what kills me on most non-quest-based modpacks.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's different in multiplayer. On a server I'll carve out a home for myself and fill it with mod stuff and try to make something cool but I can't do that in single player.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
I'm usually not the guy with the patience to play Minecraft as a true creative sandbox, but drat if Conquest Reforged isn't an amazing toolkit that's sorely tempting me.

The MP community on their official server is great, too.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
31 million Iron Ingots
31 million Gold Ingots
31 million Lapis
31 million Redstone
31 million Nether Quartz
31 million Tin Ingots
31 million Lead Ingots
31 million Silver Ingots
31 million Ferrous Ingots

1584 Enderium Ingots
1584 Manyullyn Ingots
1584 Bedrockium Ingots (46 Million cobblestone)
1584 Unstable Ingots
1584 Ludicrite Ingots

176 16384k ME Storage Components
176 Awakened Draconium Blocks

Plus lots of other stuff.

The Sword Of The Cosmos. It shall be mine!

https://ftbwiki.org/Sword_of_the_Cosmos

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It kills creative players. That's loving amazing.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Ak Gara posted:

31 million Iron Ingots
31 million Gold Ingots
31 million Lapis
31 million Redstone
31 million Nether Quartz
31 million Tin Ingots
31 million Lead Ingots
31 million Silver Ingots
31 million Ferrous Ingots

1584 Enderium Ingots
1584 Manyullyn Ingots
1584 Bedrockium Ingots (46 Million cobblestone)
1584 Unstable Ingots
1584 Ludicrite Ingots

176 16384k ME Storage Components
176 Awakened Draconium Blocks

Plus lots of other stuff.

The Sword Of The Cosmos. It shall be mine!

https://ftbwiki.org/Sword_of_the_Cosmos

Which modpack are you playing that changed the recipes to require millions of ingots? Avaritia is normally ridiculously expensive, but 31 million is several orders of magnitude worse, and I haven't even heard of anyone stockpiling that much.
Oh nevermind the vanilla recipe is at least 16 million ingots. Over 10000 blocks per singularity, 11 singularities per infinity ingot, 16 infinity ingots.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 27, 2017

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

The more mods you have, the higher the cost. I'm using "The 1.7.10 Pack" with extra mods added on top, means it takes something between 16750 and 18750 blocks per singularity.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

"I have a sudden urge to check out modded minecraft after literal years"

"Why does the technicpack website seem so dead, why are all the official packs a year+ without updates and all the community modpacks either outdated or in portuguese"

"...Do people really expect me to install this lovely twitch program to run minecraft modpacks"

A play in three acts.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

YellerBill posted:

"I have a sudden urge to check out modded minecraft after literal years"

"Why does the technicpack website seem so dead, why are all the official packs a year+ without updates and all the community modpacks either outdated or in portuguese"

"...Do people really expect me to install this lovely twitch program to run minecraft modpacks"

A play in three acts.

The twitch app is ~Fine~, and you can completely ignore all tabs but the Minecraft one. It's very user friendly. And it has zero ads.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You both had to install the Technic program to install Technicpack stuff (unless you wanted to set up a modpack manually?) and would've had to install the FTB client pre-Curse/Twitch for FTB packs.

C'mon man.

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u
how dare you expect me to install an additional computing program onto my computer especially one that shares the name of that shameful website twitch dot tv, hey have you heard of MultiMC

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

So I just created a new world in Sprout, and I'm going to assume this probably isn't normal.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Excuse me for finding it a little weird that one of the current major modpack launchers is the desktop app for livestreaming website twitch.tv

Once I remembered that Twitch owns Curse who is in the business of trying to cash in on minecraft it made more sense :shrug:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

So I just created a new world in Sprout, and I'm going to assume this probably isn't normal.

It happens sometimes. Not all the time, but sometimes.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

YellerBill posted:

Excuse me for finding it a little weird that one of the current major modpack launchers is the desktop app for livestreaming website twitch.tv

Once I remembered that Twitch owns Curse who is in the business of trying to cash in on minecraft it made more sense :shrug:

The thread's taken 4 years to swing from rightfully scorning the group of Forgecraft, exploding Bees and Muh Permissions to straight up sucking slowpoke's dick. It's weird.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

because this is 4 years later get with the loving news gramps. twitch is a better app for modpacks currently and as far as i can tell there's no stupid permissions poo poo about it

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Lol, as if using twitch, which I do, explains away the last point there.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Playstation 4 posted:

Lol, as if using twitch, which I do, explains away the last point there.

If that's not what you're talking about... then what are you talking about?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Oh sweet a nerdfight

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

YellerBill posted:

That reminds me, has Microsoft made back it's 1 BILLION dollars yet?

[edit] If there was a summer blockbuster staring [insert fave actor here] that was sort of like Cast Away only the dude has to punch trees and kill pigs and builds a mudhut....then the sun goes down and things start coming out of the shadows...!

I'd loving watch it.

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 30, 2017

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Ak Gara posted:

That reminds me, has Microsoft made back it's 1 BILLION dollars yet?

[edit] If there was a summer blockbuster staring [insert fave actor here] that was sort of like Cast Away only the dude has to punch trees and kill pigs and builds a mudhut....then the sun goes down and things start coming out of the shadows...!

I'd loving watch it.

Fun Fact: They bought MC to avoid having to pay the MAXIMUM TAXES on that money transferring it to the states, and Minecraft has likely made up at least that much for them so far.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Playstation 4 posted:

The thread's taken 4 years to swing from rightfully scorning the group of Forgecraft, exploding Bees and Muh Permissions to straight up sucking slowpoke's dick. It's weird.

Nobody's doing that. If what you're reading in this thread is people doing that, you may have some issues you need to sort out.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

A wagon and twenty bored miners? I think that might be a Dwarf Fortress embark site.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Playstation 4 posted:

hmmm, saying a piece of software is "not bad" is apparently sucking the dick of an unrelated and never mentioned person

okay

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Taffer posted:

hmmm, saying a piece of software is "not bad" is apparently sucking the dick of an unrelated and never mentioned person

okay

Who the gently caress even was slowpoke again?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

if a mod's bad, it's his fault

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

slowpoke once said that clay is a good way to balance minecraft mods

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I agree that Sprout is fun so far but it really, really needs some kind of overarching quest or guide instead of just being a bunch of scattered stuff. Discrete and nonlinear quests are good but some kind of loose roadmap at least would go a long way.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it needs to stop crashing all the loving time

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Yeah, also that would be nice.
I wish I could pin it down to a specific thing but the only mod that seems to have come up noticeably was CustomNPCs and that's sort of required.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Posting to figure out the names of the stupid mods that I have to turn off every time for performance reasons and find it in my post history

Edit: Decocraft

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Most of my crashes were caused by Recurrent Complex's 'WorldScriptMazeGenerator'. Plus the sound system repeatedly crashing, though that only caused one client crash.

It got an update though, maybe that fixes things.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jul 2, 2017

SMP
May 5, 2009

I've been out of the modding scene for a few years, what's the scene like now? I'm thinking about bringing back my formerly reasonably popular texture pack and was hoping to start a Patreon or something. Is that blasé? Monetization was a big controversy back in the day with ad links and such. I don't know how receptive people would be towards a Patreon (or if it would even be effective).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
As long as it's optional and not obnoxiously implemented (e.g. adf.ly links) I think people would be ok with it.

edit: freemium content seems to be alright too.